MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-12-08, 18:08
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

R.I.P Dimebag - 2 Years

Today marks 2 years since the death of guitar legend Dimebag Darrell. Take a moment to pay your respect (if you wish). R.I.P bro!

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2006-12-08, 18:10
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Never liked Pantera, but RIP and whatever.

Old 2006-12-08, 18:36
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

eh......we're all gonna die. the last thing we need are metal martyrs. i swear, the death of dimebag is turning into the new 9/11.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-12-08, 19:54
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

RIP dimebag, and so on.

Good guitarist, good inspiration, etc.

Footnote;
I think Chuck Schuldiner's death was a bigger tragedy. No offense to dimebag.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-12-08, 19:56
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Footnote;

I kinda disagree because he died of cancer so he was expected to die. Dimebag got shot, it was totally random.

I refuse to mourn for the death of someone I don't know, however, he didn't deserve it so...blah.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-12-08, 20:11
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

RIP Dime

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-12-08, 20:36
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Footnote;

Chuck schuldiner was amazing, but as far as 'tragedies' go, Dime bag wins.
whats more tragic than a gun shot?

Old 2006-12-08, 20:45
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
Chuck schuldiner was amazing, but as far as 'tragedies' go, Dime bag wins.
whats more tragic than a gun shot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Schuldiner

"In May 1999, Schuldiner experienced pain in his upper neck, which he initially thought was a pinched nerve. He consulted with a chiropractor followed by a massage therapist/acupuncturist who recommended an MRI Exam. He was correct about the pinched nerve, unfortunately, it was being caused by a tumor. On his birthday, May 13, 1999, Schuldiner was diagnosed with pontine glioma, a type of brain cancer that invades the brain stem and immediately underwent radiation therapy.

In October 1999, Schuldiner’s family announced that the tumor had necrotized and that he was on the way to recovery. In January 2000, Schuldiner underwent surgery to remove what remained of his tumor. The operation was a success, however, the Schuldiner family was struggling financially. The total costs of the operations would come to $70,000, a price the Schuldiner family could not afford. Many fundraisers, auctions, and benefit concerts took place to help cover the costs. The money began to come in as the metal community, in total shock, realized that Schuldiner's life was in danger. The metal community and the Schuldiner family showed deep concern because Schuldiner could lose his life due to lack of funds. The doctors that removed his tumor called the original diagnosis of pontine glioma a misdiagnosis.

Schuldiner continued to work on his music, continuing his work with Control Denied. About two years after his original diagnosis, in May 2001, the cancer returned and Schuldiner fell ill again. He was originally denied surgery (which he needed immediately) due to lack of funds. A press release called for support from everyone, including fellow artists. Jane Schuldiner urged all who read the statements about Schuldiner and his illness to go out and get insurance, showing her frustration in the American system. Schuldiner received a chemotherapy drug called vincristine to help with his therapy. Like most drugs used in the treatment of cancer, the side effects were harsh and weakened Chuck greatly. Undaunted, Schuldiner fought on. In late October/early November, Schuldiner became ill with pneumonia. He died on December 13, 2001, at approximately 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. "

I think it's more tragic because his only chance of living was pretty much no chance at all because of MONEY!!! One of the few things I hate about America is our health care. It's good, but it cost so much. The poor end up sufering because they don't have the money.

Dimebag may have not had a chance to live, but I think it sucks even more to have a chance to live the rest of your life out and have it taken away because of something so stupid and ridiculous as money. I dunno too much about Dimebag financially, but I'm guessing he would have had enough money to pay for the operation.

This is just what I think.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-12-08, 20:57
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Not saying Chuck schuldiner's death was not tragic its just getting shot randomly is more tragic. whatever, its your opinion, i don't really care.

Old 2006-12-08, 21:03
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Dime's death was spur of the moment to the unsuspencting fans. He wasn't supposed to die. That's pretty tragic

Chuck died from cancer. It's possible to beat cancer, like Van Halen did, but he's not as famous or financially secure as Van Halen was. He lived comfortably but wasn't hugely rich. Think about it, Chuck became more well known after the last few albums than when he started, so he was harder to worship than Dime, who was a success for the first album and on.

My thoughts are mainly waiting for Chuck day though, because of the music....not because of "who was more tragic, Death's or Dime's?"

This is also Dime's thread so keep Chuck out until the 13th.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-12-08, 21:09
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

If you believe me or not is compltely up to you, but he seriously was my favorite metal guitarist before he died and still is. That guitar tone on Vulgar Display of Power is one of my favorite ever. And don't forget the mountains of great riffs!!!! Rappers are used to getting killed at shows, metlaheads aren't (wasn't it not long after dime's death that somebody got stabbed at a C.O.C. show?) Can't believe that fucker killed him.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-12-08, 21:12
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

RIP Dime you were a badass!

Hes living fine at the Jam Session in the Sky

Old 2006-12-08, 21:21
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I learned the solo from "We'll Meet Again," I should record/post it as a gay little tribute thing

RIP Diamond Darrell

Old 2006-12-08, 21:45
Metalhead

RIP Dimebag

Old 2006-12-08, 22:12
Amplitude
Metalhead

Erm...how much of a dick do you have to be to argue about whos death was more tragic? anyways, RIP Dime

Old 2006-12-08, 22:26
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

RIP. started out listening to Pantera in my metal journey. Never gonna be able to see them live though.

Old 2006-12-08, 23:06
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I sort of grew out of Pantera. They served as a gateway band a few years back but anyways,

RIP

Old 2006-12-08, 23:45
deathxleprosyx
Senior Metalhead
Banned

R.I.P Dime, a true guitar hero

Old 2006-12-08, 23:55
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

not to turn this is some kind of silly flame fests of sorts, but personaly I think the way Chuck died is more of a tragedy than how Dime did.

I mean, shit man, the guy died little by little, getting sicker and sicker over the years, painfully, never realy knowing if you are going to get well or not.
Cancer is a bitch like that.

Dime on the other hand, he died in his prime. He never saw it comming. One moment he was there, one moment he wasn't. Might be more of a shocker to us, but I'd rather take the quick death than the slow painfull ironic one.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2006-12-09, 00:44
JOAMdude
Post-whore

Even though i like chucks music a lot more than dime's,
this is incredible, in a bad way.
don't argue about who died in a better way, pathetic. Those who love him, alright
those who don't, shut up.
AND WAIT FOR THE 13TH!!!!!!!!

RIP DIME

Old 2006-12-09, 03:51
666petthylord666
Metalhead
Banned

dime was a good guitarist and drummer but idk why people always pray over it. alot of good musicians have died but hes the only one people ever talk about. its kind of annoying. R.I.P. i guess.

Old 2006-12-09, 03:53
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666petthylord666
dime was a good guitarist and drummer but idk why people always pray over it. alot of good musicians have died but hes the only one people ever talk about. its kind of annoying. R.I.P. i guess.
I don't know whether to laugh.....or vomit....
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-12-09, 03:55
Pr0az
Post-whore

Most gutarist are out of date. What i mean by out of date is more people remeber dime because his music is more accessible to this generation than to like Randy Rhoads material. (I hope i get my point across with what im trying to imply)

Old 2006-12-09, 06:12
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Old 2006-12-09, 06:33
*insert name here*
Jono

I dont think a rememberance thread could get any more fucked up..

On second thoughts...

Old 2006-12-09, 10:34
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

fuck you guys for fucking this thread up.

pantera are and always will be one of my favorite bands of all time, dimebag is and always will be one of my favorite guitar players of all time, and it sucks ass that he was killed, because he had sooo much more music to make.

ironically enough, i got the CFH symbol tattooed on my leg a few days ago, and it was quite a bit more pissed off at me than normal today, well yesterday.

Old 2006-12-09, 12:07
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

awesome, post pics, ive been walkin around with the same idea for a couple of years

rip dime

Old 2006-12-09, 15:49
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
hahaha Fuck Dime Bag Darrel!

Way to go fucktard...

Dime was not the best guitarist ever to live, but he was one of my biggest inspirations...and I believed in him as well. Its nice to show a little consideration for the man and his family, as well as the thousands of fans that miss and love him for his character and his music.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-12-09, 20:54
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Dimebag is one of the best guitarist on my list. R.I.P man.

Old 2006-12-10, 05:27
deanguitars
Senior Metalhead

im a little late, but rip dude. thank you for intraducing me to the guitar

Old 2006-12-10, 13:54
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

R.I.P Dimebag.

Also let us not forget the bravery of the fan who died trying to recucitate(sp) him.

Old 2006-12-10, 14:00
Adrian_15
Senior Metalhead

R.I.P Dimebag
Can patter out their hasty orisons.
No mockeries for them from prayers or bells,
Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,-
The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells;
And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

Old 2006-12-10, 14:34
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF
R.I.P Dimebag.

Also let us not forget the bravery of the fan who died trying to recucitate(sp) him.

The gunman killed a fan too?

Old 2006-12-10, 15:29
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

R.I.P Dime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2006-12-10, 16:59
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
The gunman killed a fan too?

http://www.answers.com/topic/dimebag-darrell

During the rampage, nurse and audience member Mindy Reece, 28, went to the aid of Abbott. She and another fan administered CPR until paramedics arrived. According to some reports, victim Nathan Bray was also attempting to render assistance when he was killed.

Old 2006-12-10, 18:35
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Whoever gays up this thread in the future is getting a suspension. No more arguing about magnitude of tragedy or any of that bullshit, and no more posts from Requiem. I don't give a shit if you don't like Dime, and I don't even give a shit if you take this opportunity to tell us so like the petty little internet dipshit you are, but keep in mind that this is fundamentally about a musician who was shot while playing. That's fucked up whoever he is.

Old 2006-12-10, 19:17
humancorpse
Post-whore

RIP dime

Many people had him as one of their first "guitar heros", me included.

Old 2006-12-10, 19:20
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Rest In Peace. I was very fortunate to see him with Damageplan on June 10, 2004. Although I, myself, was never a big Pantera/Damageplan fan, the fact that this man has inspired millions with his music speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-12-10, 19:21
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF
http://www.answers.com/topic/dimebag-darrell

During the rampage, nurse and audience member Mindy Reece, 28, went to the aid of Abbott. She and another fan administered CPR until paramedics arrived. According to some reports, victim Nathan Bray was also attempting to render assistance when he was killed.

wow

i liked pantera when i was a kid. sort of went hand in hand with what i liked at the time, fear factory, soulfly/sepultura, slayer, and so on. i only owned Far beyond driven, and i liked it alright. i tried to get into the other stuff, but couldnt really do it. my cd was used and i didnt have the booklet so i didnt even know who dime, or any of them were, untill 4 years later, when i was 16, and my friend had a picture on the wall. but by then id already lost interest. so im not a fan, but i hate the way he died, and that deserves a R.I.P

Old 2006-12-10, 23:42
The Execrator
Noob lud

You guys are fucking faggots. Seriously.

Why does it matter who died more tragickly. Everyone dies. You don't get fucking cool points for how you die.

RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-12-10, 23:48
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
You guys are fucking faggots. Seriously.

Why does it matter who died more tragickly. Everyone dies. You don't get fucking cool points for how you die.

RIP

hah, and to think, it only started due to CtL's small, offhand remark.

both deaths were tragic as fuck, and we all know it.

Old 2006-12-11, 00:00
Pr0az
Post-whore

I gotta say how they all went out was real fucked up. I mean dude i don't wanna be on stage with my band having a bomb ass time then some crazy guy decides to commit siege upon the stage and surrounding fans.

RIP Guys.

Old 2006-12-11, 04:06
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

I am the official 'Cool Points for Cool Deaths' Points Distributor.

Dimebag = 7/10 cool points for being shot at a gig.

Leonardo DiCaprio = 8/10 cool points for drowning in icy waters while holding his beloveds hand after an impossible-to-sink ship sunk.

But coolest death goes to - Arnold Scwarzenegger, when he lowered himself into molten steel! Terrible.

Old 2006-12-11, 04:24
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
I am the official 'Cool Points for Cool Deaths' Points Distributor.

Dimebag = 7/10 cool points for being shot at a gig.

Leonardo DiCaprio = 8/10 cool points for drowning in icy waters while holding his beloveds hand after an impossible-to-sink ship sunk.

But coolest death goes to - Arnold Scwarzenegger, when he lowered himself into molten steel! Terrible.

Hahahaha

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-12-11, 04:35
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
I gotta say how they all went out was real fucked up. I mean dude i don't wanna be on stage with my band having a bomb ass time then some crazy guy decides to commit siege upon the stage and surrounding fans.

RIP Guys.

Y'know what sucks about that, though? Because of this country's obsession with safety, this means no more stage dives. It's like with the fireworks; a kid blows his hand off, and suddenly they're all illegal. They ruin it for everyone.

Although, maybe banning stage diving isn't such a bad idea; a bunch of crazy metalheads jumping on stage and screaming? You don't know what they're thinking.

Quote:

Old 2006-12-11, 06:17
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Y'know what sucks about that, though? Because of this country's obsession with safety, this means no more stage dives. It's like with the fireworks; a kid blows his hand off, and suddenly they're all illegal. They ruin it for everyone.

Although, maybe banning stage diving isn't such a bad idea; a bunch of crazy metalheads jumping on stage and screaming? You don't know what they're thinking.

It's been banned at most big venues for years anyways. Little clubs let you do it still.

Old 2006-12-11, 15:16
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Wasnt online all weekend, but even though its 3 days late:

R.I.P Dime
Stronger than all!!!

Old 2006-12-11, 15:22
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
It's been banned at most big venues for years anyways. Little clubs let you do it still.
I'm all for banning it. Chances are that if you are in America the sweaty guy doing the diving is going to be over 210 lbs. anyway.

Old 2006-12-11, 15:43
Theoldman
Post-whore

R.I.P.

Old 2006-12-11, 23:44
Mega-Tallica
New Blood

Can't believe it's been 2 years already. RIP Dimebag Darrell

"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Old 2006-12-12, 00:00
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
I'm all for banning it. Chances are that if you are in America the sweaty guy doing the diving is going to be over 210 lbs. anyway.

"Police report 4 dead, 9 injured after an extremely obese man dived off the stage at an Anal Cunt show and landing on innocent bystanders. Seth Putnam comments, 'HAHA! Fat fuck."

Quote:

Old 2006-12-12, 02:18
**DEVILDRIVER**
New Blood
Banned

R.I.P....... poor fucker

Old 2006-12-12, 07:21
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
"Police report 4 dead, 9 injured after an extremely obese man dived off the stage at an Anal Cunt show and landing on innocent bystanders. Seth Putnam comments, 'HAHA! Fat fuck."

If we could only see that day...

Old 2006-12-12, 07:30
travI56669
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
fuck you guys for fucking this thread up.

+1

Dimebag was fucking badass. I still worship him.

R.I.P.

Old 2009-12-08, 12:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

3 years. RIP

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-12-08, 12:34
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

5 years you mean..

RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2009-12-08, 14:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oops! Has it been? I was going by past posts. Sorry about that.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-12-08, 14:14
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Same procedure as everry year Miss Sophy?

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-12-08, 18:57
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

He was a good guitarist IMO, but most of pantera's music is really annoying. RIP

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-12-09, 03:41
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
He was a good guitarist IMO, but most of pantera's music is really annoying. RIP

i agree completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-12-09, 06:30
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I liked him, and pantera.

I don't like how people give you shit in dallas for playing an ML. You can't cover Pantera and you can't play ML's. It's weird.

Old 2010-01-12, 15:08
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

DAAAAAMN... has it really been two years already?

Old 2010-01-12, 17:45
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belphegor79
DAAAAAMN... has it really been two years already?

Haha

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-01-19, 03:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Is this guy still dead??

In all seriousness, I genuinely think Dime was one of the best guitarists I've heard. If I listen to something like the 10's guitar solo and then grab my guitar I play a good 2 or 3 times better than usual. It gets my juices flowing, and makes me more focused and nimble on the fretboard. I can't really think of another guitarist who does that for me, although in fairness the vast majority of the music I listen to doesn't really involve a lot of "inspiring" guitar work.

I'm not a massive fan of Pantera though; I listen to them primarily for Dime's more soulful lead parts. I dislike the vocals a great deal, and the overall punchiness of the production is a little bit overdone - I get ear and head pains after just a few songs.

Hopefully they'll come up with a cure for several gunshot wounds so he can get back to writing some sweet riffs! Here's to your good health, Dime

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-02-28 at 18:44. Reason: Typo

Old 2010-01-19, 15:45
blitz906
Okay.

R.I.P Dime
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one