MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-10-10, 22:36
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Anyone got a motorbike?

I prefer 2 wheels to 4 - cheaper to run, generally cheaper to buy/insure, more practical in heavy traffic etc.

Not sure about how it works in other countries but in the UK you have to ride anything up to 50cc (after some basic training) for a year then you can get anything up to 125cc. After passing a test and having held a full license for a year on anything up to 125cc you can get anything.

My first
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/hidrio/1.jpg

My second
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/hidrio/2.jpg

just bought a third and it's being collected in 2 days

Has anyone else got/had one??

Last edited by Hidrio : 2006-10-10 at 22:42.

Old 2006-10-11, 02:25
*insert name here*
Jono

I have a few, trail bike and a quad.

Down here its not about the engine size, its a power to weight ratio. So, it used to be here maximum of 250cc.But, if you get a tiny Japanese 250, something really light, if would fly compared to say a cruiser with a larger engine.
Hence, the power to weight ratio was introduced. 50cc for beginners in the UK seems rediculous though. We just have to do a driving test, then we can drive by ourselves.

Old 2006-10-11, 02:41
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yep, a 1961 Francis Barnett Plover. Pretty weak at 150cc, but I don't use it fro transport, just to fiddle about with and ride around on private roads.
This isn't an actual picture of it, but mine's identical.

Oh, and Hidrio's wrong about UK licensing:

CBT - Every motorcyclist must pass this. Pass it at 16, you're limited to a 50cc moped. Pass it at 17, you're limited to a 125cc bike. After your CBT, you go for a variety of licenses.

If you're 17, once you've passed the tests you're limited to 33 bhp (there's no engine size restriction) and a power/weight ratio I can't remember. You've got these limitations until two years after you get your license, at which point you can ride anything.

If you're 21+, you can go for an accelerated license plan where upon completion, allows you to ride any motorcycle you want.

Old 2006-10-11, 03:20
*insert name here*
Jono

That sounds more reasonable. Classy bike you have there, too. What type of private roads are you riding it on though?

Old 2006-10-11, 03:33
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Cheers. I usually ride it around in secluded residential areas and the garage in my apartment complex.

Old 2006-10-11, 03:37
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Haha, silly poms with their little faggoty bikes.

Here's my first bike

Here's my second, and current for road usage

Old 2006-10-11, 03:44
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Cheers. I usually ride it around in secluded residential areas and the garage in my apartment complex.

Ah sweet. I have a property out west, nothing but bush and trails. I go up there and stay for a few days sometimes, its good fun. I would like a road bike, just cost's too much.

Old 2006-10-11, 04:24
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i don't own a bike but i started to learn on a 93 cbr 600 f3 (i think its an f3) ...looking to get one sometime in the not to distant future.

Old 2006-10-11, 06:29
*insert name here*
Jono

CBR's are great. Perfect begginers bike, for the 250's, they go really cheap brand new.

Old 2006-10-11, 07:22
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

In Canada it's "after you pass your bike license, you can drive whatever you want."

Motorcycles run in my family, I need to get this license soon.(I have a pic of my late grandfather on a 1929 Harley)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-11, 16:26
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Pass it at 16, you're limited to a 50cc moped. Pass it at 17, you're limited to a 125cc bike. After your CBT, you go for a variety of licenses.

Oh yea, shit. That's what I meant to write but I wrote it from what I did personally.

I just looked - the laws in Jersey differ slightly from those in the UK:

Moped (category P)
i) An engine capacity which does not exceed 50cc
ii) A maximum design speed of 30mph
iii) A kerbside weight which does not exceed 250kg.

Light Motorcycle (category A1)
i) An engine capacity of at least 75cc and no more than 125cc
ii) A maximum power output of 11kw
iii) A power to weight ratio of 100kw/tonne.

Heavy Motorcycle (category A)

i) An engine capacity of at least 250cc
ii) An unladen weight which does not exceed 407kg.

Over here it's one year of having a full license on a 125 until you can get anything.

Old 2006-10-11, 18:21
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

We've got a black Harley similar to this only it has a custom flame paint job, different pipes, lots of chrome/gold flames, and soft expandable bags on the back. I had pictures of it on my old pc, but none with the new pipes. It's got a cool security system on it, too. It was a Harley store owner's personal bike and he decided to sell it. We've had it a few years now.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ha...-sport_2001.php

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-10-11, 18:25
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Both my dad and my uncle have had one at one point. My uncle got in two wrecks though, but nothing mroe serious than a little road rash. My dad sold his old honda a while ago, but when iIwas little he took me on a few rides. It seemed really fun but now he says I am forbidden to ride one, too dangerous. Ha, it was funny though cause I never really had expressed an interest in riding one, and he kinda said that out of nowhere.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-10-11, 18:48
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I don't ride much and I'm not worried about hubby's riding habits. He's very cautious about it which is good. This is the first in a few years I got on it again. I've heard of too many people closeby either dying or getting horribly hurt on them and I don't like pain of any kind. I did ride a few times this year and I might ride this weekend in Covered Bridge Run if he goes, but I don't know yet. That depends on weather, too.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2006-10-11, 19:01
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

I'd never ride on US roads. I've heard too many horror stories from US bikers.

Old 2006-10-11, 19:10
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Definitely don't drink and ride and watch who you're riding beside if there's more than just you. Sometimes he refuses to ride next to people who don't have side by side sense. And he rarely takes any passengers unless it's me or someone he knows knows how to ride. And no, I don't mind him letting other women ride with him. I know from his past he behaves himself.

Old 2006-10-11, 19:26
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

I have heard that the reason bikers tend to stay away from teh middle of the lane they are in, is because tha tis where the oil from cars usually builds up and it could cause them to slip. Is this a true concern for bikers or not?
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-10-11, 20:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, I've heard that. Denny rides toward the center usually because it's easier to see things that might run out from the side of the road. He does mostly country riding. He does the same when he's on high ways, too, because deer sometimes come out. It's a visibility issue a lot of times.

Old 2006-10-11, 21:16
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I've had a rabbit and a cat run out from nowhere before and have run them both over (unintentionally of course cos I had no chance of stopping in time). Always thought if I ran something like a cat over it would maybe knock me off course slightly, but it didn't.

btw only the cat survived, well it ran off. Actually I've heard that cats run off then die but I have no idea.

Old 2006-10-11, 21:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It's like that with any animal. It depends on the injury.

Old 2006-10-11, 21:45
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
I have heard that the reason bikers tend to stay away from teh middle of the lane they are in, is because tha tis where the oil from cars usually builds up and it could cause them to slip. Is this a true concern for bikers or not?

i've seen people ride all over lanes...but i think mostly it is to stay in the cars rear view mirror. you can also dodge the car in front of you easier if they come to a sudden stop

as long as you aren't a dumbass, then the thing you have to worry about the most are other drivers. gotta drive very defensively. a lot of the horror stories out there involve the motorcyclist making poor decisions.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2006-10-11 at 21:48.

Old 2006-10-11, 21:56
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
It's like that with any animal. It depends on the injury.

I hit it at 40mph, and both wheels went over it. I want to know what state it was/is in.

Old 2006-10-11, 22:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

If both wheels went over it there's a good chance if there was no blood on the road there was internal bleeding.

Old 2006-10-11, 22:53
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

My bike has 18 gears, two brakes, and is A1.

Old 2006-10-12, 08:17
corroded
Post-whore

my 350 cc baby

its grey and not red.

Old 2006-10-12, 08:20
corroded
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass

if you're in india, its an unwritten rule to ride all over the place. you cant stick to one lane - oil or not, slip or not!

Old 2006-10-12, 10:33
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded
my 350 cc baby

its grey and not red.

Awesome, man! Royal Enfields are great.

Old 2006-10-12, 13:43
*insert name here*
Jono

Nice bike Corroded.

And fuck, the bike market is flooded with all these cheap Chinese bikes. I need a new quad of tyres for my Quadbike, and I was checking out eBay. Lots of cheap crap.

Anybody ride trailbikes?

Old 2006-10-12, 14:37
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

I'd love to start. They look like immense fun.

Old 2006-10-12, 16:07
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded
my 350 cc baby

its grey and not red.

Holy crap, you're alive!

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-12, 18:10
corroded
Post-whore

holy crap, you remember me

Old 2006-10-12, 23:09
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Old 2006-10-12, 23:23
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Ooo, that's purdy! It looks like the new blue Harley's using on some of their new bikes. I think it's denim pewter or something like that. That's flashy though. Congrats.

Old 2006-10-12, 23:30
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Thanks. Still gotta wait 6 weeks 'til I can ride it, that's when my year of full license is over.

Old 2006-10-12, 23:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

So how many times have you just gone out and sat on it?

Old 2006-10-12, 23:36
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Twice It's going to be an agonising wait.

Old 2006-10-12, 23:40
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

How did I know that? Just don't polish the paint off it before you get it out.

Old 2006-10-12, 23:46
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Just don't polish the paint off it before you get it out.

That's what my Dad said. I gotta keep him off it now. It's a far more comfortable riding position than his and now that mine is blocking his in there's gonna be temptation.

Old 2006-10-13, 00:04
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Switch them while he's at work or something. Tell him you did it for his convenience.

Old 2006-10-13, 00:32
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Ooh, he'd love me for that. His bike is the only one like it on this island. Sounds impressive, but there's not even 100,000 people living here. I'll get a pic on here soon but not now cos it's too late.

Actually: http://www.jerseyevents.com/cgi-bin...03.jpg&img=&tt=

Last edited by Hidrio : 2006-10-13 at 00:37.

Old 2006-10-13, 00:40
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's cool. What's he got? They don't make the kind my husband has anymore. Even people at the shops don't understand why because it's a well made and comfortable bike.

Cool! I see the photo now. He races? Do you?

Old 2006-10-13, 00:48
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

It's a Honda VTR SP1 (1000). He used to do motocross over here and in England until I came along 18 years ago. That picture is from the 1/4 mile sprint they have 2/3 times a year. He's not a member of the club but non-members can pay to take part for the day. I might do it next year or maybe one of the hill climbs.

Old 2006-10-13, 01:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That would be cool if you both did it. Hill climbing looks fun. I used to go to the Scarlet Rangers races here with my dad. It turned out that my husband went with his dad, too, but we didn't meet for another 10 years or so. But that was motocross in a wooded area and sometimes the mudholes at the bottoms of the hills were really interesting. One of the highschool teachers even had a bike club for the students that used to race.

Old 2006-10-13, 09:51
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidrio
It's a Honda VTR SP1 (1000). He used to do motocross over here and in England until I came along 18 years ago. That picture is from the 1/4 mile sprint they have 2/3 times a year. He's not a member of the club but non-members can pay to take part for the day. I might do it next year or maybe one of the hill climbs.

What trailbike did he ride?

Old 2006-10-13, 15:39
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

He had about 9 or 10 different ones over the years, i'm not sure what he had but I'll ask him later.

Quote:
and sometimes the mudholes at the bottoms of the hills were really interesting.

You're thinking of different hill climbs to me - maybe you would call it something different. Over here they close off the public road and use that sort of like a rally stage. http://www.jerseyevents.com/cgi-bin..._Climb_April_06

Also the Jersey Rally started today.

Old 2006-10-13, 15:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I see. You're talking about road racing in hilly areas. I was talking about dirt bike racing on actual dirt trails. We barely have any road hills around here.

Old 2006-10-15, 16:45
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Yes a honda cb900f.

It owns my car and most other cars

Old 2006-10-23, 19:48
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Nice bike, I was looking for a 4-cylinder but I ended up with a twin. It's growing on me though.

Old 2006-10-23, 21:53
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

what kinda twin you got? I love how much torque twins have (a friend of mine has a vtr1000) you can really rip the street a new asshole with it.

Old 2006-10-23, 21:55
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

ohyeah, for my cb900f I just bought an cb1100r engine with carillo rods, wiseco pistons and keihin fcr's. good for about 140 bhp! Not to bad for an 80's superbike

Old 2006-10-23, 22:23
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I've got a SV650 and my Dad has a VTR1000.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l.../untitled15.jpg streetfighter

It's only got a K&N and a full 'zorst performance wise, but this is my first big bike and I'm still waiting til I can ride it.

Old 2006-10-23, 22:25
k13m
Post-whore

damn all yall got bikes huh, i used to ride a honda dax years ago (when i was 16 or so)wich i tuned up to 100cc (id did 90kmh) had this awesome exhaust onit, made it sound like fucking ducati , i owned 2 of em, 1 was original 50 cc, and the other was tuned and modified etc.

not the exact bike i owned, but similar model.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/058192/ this is even the same color i had (the original one).

http://www.daxfahrer.de/Bilder/Bild120/ looks alot like my tuned one, xept mine had a low steer with a racy look and mine was silver, exhaust is pretty similar.. oh and i had a oil cooler onit

and when i got 17 i bought a shitty old honda 250 cc 6 speed crossbike for like 150 bux, by the time i got 18 i was just into drugs so i stoped driving bikes, also, legaly driving sucks anyway i never got a licence to drive motorcucles, exept a license for 50cc moped craps that go 50kmh

not the exact bike i owned, but similar model.

http://www.riamoto.ru/moto/honda-xl250r-1984.jpg

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-23, 22:29
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Haha those look like fun, I've just painted my Metzeler tyres like in that pic.

Old 2006-10-24, 06:16
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Kiem, I also had a dax! with a lot of takegawa and kitaco parts, it was fast and broke down a lot. lol. I had some fun on that little bike though, I bet I still have some pics of it here.

Old 2006-10-24, 06:33
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Europeans and their little motorcycles!

Those are fucking funky looking hondas!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-25, 03:55
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

I dont have one mainly because theres 8 months of fuckin winter here. So I did go buy myself a nice Formula III with a 700 Triple. It should do around 185km/h and was told its basically a rocket with a track. Ill let you know in a month or two heh

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9188/p91702362cz.jpg

Also got a 2000 Monte Carlo
1990 Corvette Greenwood Limited Edition with bodykit

Recently Had (in the last year or two)
1989 Mustang 5.0
1986 GMC 1500 2wd Truck
1985 Chevy 2wd Truck with a 330hp stock car engine (i blew the transmission)

Currently purchasing
1996 Chevy 4x4, 5 speed

Yes, my driveway looked very retarded at times.

Old 2006-10-25, 04:35
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

haha, you have a Canadian motorcycle.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-28, 15:20
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Just bought these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wheel-Rim-Sti...1QQcmdZViewItem

They look really good on black wheels but I have silver wheels and I don't have the patience or suitable weather conditions to find out today.

Old 2006-12-04, 00:52
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

today my roommate/coworker and i went down to homestead speedway because one of our clients races and works on bikes for a team sponsored by prieto racing, a local bike shop. unfortunately we got there late and didn't get to see the guy we knew race, but their team did pretty well. i know they won one race, wasn't able to keep track of some of the other races. there were amateur and not so amateur classes running simultaneously at times, and there were many races throughout the day. the course they ran was a combination of the outer loop, and the inner road course. i didn't really get any pics of most of the course due to the amount of fencing in the way...so most are on the front straight. the races we missed were the 9 lap races, and the rest of the day were all 6 lap races..pretty short, but it sure looked like fun!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7061s.jpg
the guy in the lead here crushed everyone

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7063s.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7079s.jpg
same guy going into the first corner

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7093s.jpg
someones lamborghini

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7094s.jpg
norton? we weren't sure what this one was

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7104s.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7127s.jpg
one of our clients teams bikes (the black and yellow one) about to over take someone

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7128s.jpg
a second later

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7155s.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7160s.jpg
couldn't fit even half of them in frame, but once they were all lined up, there were a little over 70 bikes in this race!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c.../IMG_7168s.jpg]
only accident we knew of

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7171s.jpg
prieto racing bike, the one that won the race earlier if i'm not mistaken

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7172s.jpg
prieto racing pit area

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7214s.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7253s.jpg
gsxr vs ducati

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7261s.jpg
yep..thats an aluminum buffet serving tray!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7278s.jpg
some ducatis..not sure what the bike in the back is

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...G_7281cropa.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7281s.jpg
vintage bike race entries

Old 2006-12-04, 01:07
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7261s.jpg
yep..thats an aluminum buffet serving tray!

You know it took me a second to figure out wtf you were talking about . I swear i thought you put a picture up of some food or someshit!

Old 2006-12-04, 02:26
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
today my roommate/coworker and i went down to homestead speedway because one of our clients races and works on bikes for a team sponsored by prieto racing, a local bike shop. unfortunately we got there late and didn't get to see the guy we knew race, but their team did pretty well. i know they won one race, wasn't able to keep track of some of the other races. there were amateur and not so amateur classes running simultaneously at times, and there were many races throughout the day. the course they ran was a combination of the outer loop, and the inner road course. i didn't really get any pics of most of the course due to the amount of fencing in the way...so most are on the front straight. the races we missed were the 9 lap races, and the rest of the day were all 6 lap races..pretty short, but it sure looked like fun!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7061s.jpg
the guy in the lead here crushed everyone

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7063s.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7079s.jpg
same guy going into the first corner

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_7093s.jpg
someones lamborghini

Cool pics there man.

On another topic, I have been fucked by my own lazyness and stupidity. I thought my time had come to finally jump on my new bike, but no. I got some dates mixed up because last year I waited 6 weeks after I passed my test to apply for a full license. Now I can't ride the new one for another 6 weeks.

Old 2006-12-25, 05:01
corroded
Post-whore

pics of my redesigned thunderbird...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19823459.jpg (55.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 198234591.jpg (80.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 198234592.jpg (65.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 198234593.jpg (95.6 KB, 74 views)

Old 2006-12-25, 05:06
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

perty schweet.
have you been gone awhile, or have I just not noticed your posts?

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-12-26, 07:57
corroded
Post-whore

been busy with work...havent been coming online for a while. my posts arent that noticeable anyway

Old 2006-12-27, 20:30
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

One of my fork seals decided it had had enough today, luckily it's just over 2 weeks 'til I can ride the new one.

On a Christmas radio auction over here my Dad's partner won him a lot for a weekend with a Harley of his choice from the local dealer (used/ex-demo only). He's always liked Harleys but never ridden one and he's getting to that age where the riding position is more suitable, so this may be the taste he needs to persuade a future purchase. Perfect present for him.

Old 2006-12-28, 15:51
corroded
Post-whore

i dont really like harleys but i wont really mind one as a present

Old 2007-01-07, 13:51
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

my bike last summer 2006:

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL957...6/169616663.jpg

my bike right now:

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL957...6/216105156.jpg

dropping an cb1100r engine in it. it's been a project for two years now and I only drive it in the summers. it's great driving out here riding hard on the dykes

Old 2007-01-07, 14:01
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Ooh, big changes. I like the red/gold. Is the 1100 going to go in alright or are you gonna have to change the frame?

Old 2007-01-07, 14:17
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

thanks, the colour combo is one I made up myself, had the decals made by AFE graphics in america. here's the frame;

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL957...6/216105154.jpg

kind of a shitty pic but I welded up some braces in the frame. also went to a monoshock config.

the 900f engine had 95 bhp, the 1100r has 120 bhp and with head tuning, keihin fcr's and a dyna ignition around 140 bhp!

for the idea, this is what the bike looks stock;
http://www.motorbike-search-engine....da%20cb900f.jpg

I have an R1 upsd front end for it too! it's a long-term project and it's just costing way too much money right now. it'll probably take another year before I get it finished, but it's all good fun

Old 2007-01-07, 15:57
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
it's a long-term project and it's just costing way too much money right now. it'll probably take another year before I get it finished, but it's all good fun

Haha, it'll never be finished

Some sexy Yoshis you got there too.

There's a fair few things I wan't to do with my bike.
I'm thinking of doing something with my boring wheels perhaps this;
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/hidrio/sv1.jpg

My Dad's now got a new Akrapovic race system for his bike so I might steal one of his old cans that look like this;
http://www.yokohama-city.com/mc/imp...riwaki_ano.html

Thinking of new carbs or re-jetting the stock ones too

Oh and there's some electronic retarding on 2nd and 3rd gears so that must be dealt with.

Here's a pic of my mates CB100N
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l...drio/CB100n.jpg

Old 2007-01-10, 15:12
Bowman
New Blood

That CB is pretty sexy

Old 2007-01-10, 18:06
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

my roommate bought a 92 cbr f2 (600cc) with a salvage title for $850. i got to ride it around the neighborhood a little (not going to far cause i still am not great at riding, and don't have a license..and theres no registration for the bike) but the fork up front is pretty bent so it was sent off to our neighbors dad who can straighten it right up and it will be good to go. honestly i didn't notice anything while riding..but i'm pretty inexperienced, so i don't think i'd recognize something like that anyway. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/IMG_7940s.jpg

Old 2007-01-10, 18:39
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

that sure is bent those f2's are fun to mess around with. not too heavy and not too powerfull but good in the twisties!

Old 2007-01-13, 19:04
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

I'm hoping to pick up an early 90s (even late 80s) Ninja 250. Anybody posting here recently ride one? It'll be my first bike, and I want something light and very cheap to ride (a friend had one and he claims it got 70mpg) for commuting to and from work every day. I'm hoping to find one a bit banged up, because I've got very little mechanical experience with vehicles, and I'd like to get some practice. I'd also like to not spend very much on my first bike

I may get a ninja 500 instead, so I don't end up feeling like I've outgrown it, but I've heard that if you ride well, the 250s are always fun on nice twisty roads, and there are a ton of those here in rural alabama.

Also, any other recommendations for a cheap starter bike? I'd like to spend at most like $800.
Line6 PODxt

Old 2007-01-15, 22:36
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I've never ridden any Ninjas but I think you'll get bored of a 250 much quicker than something larger. Most bikes around 500/600cc will still be fairly light and nimble on some sweeping roads.

On my shitty 125 I followed some guy on a ZXR400. I'm not sure if he gave it a big handful but it didn't seem blisteringly quick.

Old 2007-01-16, 23:56
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

Yeah. Quite a few people have bought a 250 as a starter bike and ended up keeping it after buying a 600cc bike (if they do upgrade), because they're "fun" most people say. The top speed isn't much over 100mph, but I don't plan on speeding very much. I doubt your 125 would even keep up with a ninja 250, so the guy with the zxr400 must not've pinned it :P. The thing I really love is 70+mpg fuel consumption, since I'll be having at least 45 min commutes to school, and where I work is another 20 mins in the opposite direction. I'm very poor and would love to have to pay so little for gas

A friend (acquaintance) of mine sold his ninja 250. He has a 600cc bike, and he just bought the 250 back from the guy, because he likes it so much. I was going to buy somebody else's 250, because he was thinking about an upgrade after a year and a half on it, but he decided he just wants to keep it and not get a bigger one. I don't know what it is, but everybody seems to love their ninja 250s.
Line6 PODxt

Last edited by mctriple : 2007-01-17 at 00:02.

Old 2007-01-17, 01:15
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I have a 125 cc motorscooter

http://www.powersportstv.com/2007/K...torcycle/23863/

I needed transportation in a HURRY, as I was moving to a city that was 20 minutes away from my workplace, I was talking with a friend about what I should do and he suggested a moped. I told him that I could'nt be more of a pansy riding one of those around. So he asked me to humor him and just go to a cycle shop with him. I did, and as it turns out, mopeds don't suck that bad. And I HAD to get one once I was told how cheap it was to drive. Looking back on it, I should have gotten a Kawasaki Ninja for just a little more ... just so I would'nt be a moped rider. It can go up to 65 mph, which is fine.

Want to know how much I spend a month on gas? 15$.

The monthly payment is 60$ for the financing company, and I paid 400$ for a full year's worth of insurance. I'd rather have a car, but I save so much money with this that its ridiculous. Now my workplace is in my city, so I spend even LESS on gas.

Old 2007-01-17, 18:49
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Guess those Ninjas are fun then.

As far as commuting goes over here, well haha, it takes me 8 mins to get to work. I've been on the new bike for 5 days so i'm not sure how thirsty it is, but my 125 can do 230 miles on a full tank so... around 75mpg.

Old 2007-01-17, 19:00
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, i've heard a number of people saying not to get a 250 cause you'd get bored with it, hell i've had a client of ours say not to buy a 600 for the same reason! i told him i'm not trying to flip the bike and test out my helmet the first time i go for a ride. so far i've driven a 93 f2 (or f3 i forget), a 92 f2..both of those are 600cc, a 100cc honda dirt bike, and a couple of those tiny ass 50cc bikes heh. i still suck at riding since i haven't done very much of it, and the little i have done is always random and i don't get to practice consistantly. i just gotta get the money to take the course and get my license to the side..then sign up and take it. then i'll have no excuse not to have my own bike.

Old 2007-01-19, 16:22
corroded
Post-whore

broke my cluth wire on my way back from work...had to drag my baby all the way back to the office compound. well not "all" that way...100 metres of so

have dragged her for more than 2kms thrice before...

Old 2007-01-19, 17:34
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Pushing sucks. I ran out of petrol maybe 3/4 times on my moped because the fuel gauge didn't work properly and one of those times involved about a 3km walk. Thank fuck for reserve tanks, as soon as it starts to starve, flick the tap over.

Old 2007-01-22, 16:29
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Old 2007-01-22, 17:30
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Nice VTR, I like the big twins, especially the honda one's, they're like ducati's only they don't break down or need a 2000+ bucks revision every 10.000 miles

shame about those horrible cans though :P

Old 2007-01-22, 18:13
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

nice collection there. how big is the engine in the vtr?

Old 2007-01-22, 19:00
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Nice VTR, I like the big twins, especially the honda one's, they're like ducati's only they don't break down or need a 2000+ bucks revision every 10.000 miles

shame about those horrible cans though :P

Dad's got an Akra carbon full system now, just needs fitting.

Engine is 999

Old 2007-01-22, 20:54
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Sweet, Akra's are neato, especially the carbon/titanium ones!

Old 2007-02-19, 19:48
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I managed to drop my bike reversing out from a space along the side of a road because I swapped the foot I had in contact with the floor without noticing the slight slope in the road. Escaped with a scratched bar end, a very small mark on the exhaust and 3/4 of the front brake lever left.

On the plus side, i'm off on 18th May to Le Mans, France for the MotoGP.

Old 2007-02-19, 20:00
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

Awesome.

Old 2007-02-19, 20:57
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

cool pictures. i wish i could get out to that track some day..i like motogp but i'd rather attend the 24 hour race.

in about a month my roommate, some friends and i will be heading up to the 12 hours of sebring race. been going to that every year for a few years now..can't fucking wait!

Old 2007-02-19, 21:06
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Went to the 24h in 2003 (UK cars 1st and 2nd ). It was excellent, but it was a shame I was only just 15. I'll probably do it again one year now that i'm older. Get slaughtered on cheap French beer and soak up the atmosphere.

Old 2007-04-05, 22:35
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Does anyone follow MotoGP?

Old 2007-04-05, 22:47
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i would if i had the speed channel. that shit is really fun to watch. it helps too that they aren't doing 500 laps. there is only so long you can sit there and watch..even at a long race i don't watch the whole time i'm at the track. usually wind up checking out the displays and what not and then catching more racing, going to eat something, racing, bathroom, etc.

we're talking about upgrading our cable..if we did, we'd make sure to get the speed channel and i'd watch motogp and other bike races whenever i could.

edit..just read your post about the 24h. man i'd LOVE to go to that race! i've been to the 12h 5 years in a row now and its great fun..i imagine they are quite similar just our race is shorter. fine by me..all the walking around in the sun gets me fairly tired..then theres all the beer. i guess it would be pretty cool to be able to pass out then wake up again to see the end of the race. we catch the end at the 12h, but usually by then you just want to sit down somewhere and relax.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2007-04-05 at 22:50.

Old 2007-04-05, 23:21
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

It was definitely strange waking up the next morning and realising they're still going, it really puts it into perspective.

Old 2007-04-25, 20:22
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

I already want a new bike! I've had my bike 6 months now, been riding it for 3 of those and have already been thinking about the next one and the possible modifications.

http://www.z1000.net/UploadImages%5...0bike%20007.jpg
A stock one.

http://www.z1000.net/UploadImages%5Cmuzzy!!!%20014.jpg
A nice looking one. 4-1 exhaust, powder coated rims and miscellaneous trim, rim tape, engine covers, homemade license plate bracket and shortened turn signals.

http://www.z1000.net/UploadImages%5CfrenchZ1000%203.jpg
...the perfect exhausts.

Old 2007-04-25, 20:35
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

You're only like 18, right? Insurance companies will fuck you in the ass if you get that thing.

Old 2007-04-25, 20:42
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

19 now. And yeah, they will take great pleasure in inserting a large throbbing one into my anus. My ass is already fairly broken in from insuring my current bike. I'm gonna keep my bike for at least another year yet but no harm in looking.

Old 2007-04-26, 14:44
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

that sucks...here in florida you don't even need insurance for a bike. its not like that in all (or most) of the other states in the us though.

what company makes those bikes? i don't recognize them.

Old 2007-04-26, 16:52
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Wow, didn't know that about the insurance.

Kawasaki makes 'em.

Old 2007-04-26, 16:58
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I managed to drop my bike reversing out from a space along the side of a road because I swapped the foot I had in contact with the floor without noticing the slight slope in the road. Escaped with a scratched bar end, a very small mark on the exhaust and 3/4 of the front brake lever left.

Sweet, enjoy that

I'm finally building up my CB1100F again, got the 1100R engine ready to go in and got a Spondon swingarm for it with Marchesini magnesium wheels. It's going to be badass!!