MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2014-08-10, 23:57
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore

Hey, haven't been here in a while

I dunno if this thread is going to get deleted or what. I haven't logged in here in over five years. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know what has been going on in the metal world lately. I have not been listening to any kind of metal. I am listening to Agalloch's new album and it is inspiring me to try to get back into it.

Used to be a big Opeth, Agalloch, Ulver, Nevermore, etc fan.

Any suggestions?

Old 2014-08-13, 19:11
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I'm kind of in the same boat. I like listening to Nekrogoblicon.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2014-08-17, 19:17
The Execrator
Noob lud

Yoo Kalmah, it's been a while dude.

Not really sure exactly what sub-genres you're looking to listen to again, but I'll compile a list of some modern albums that have really impressed me.

Darkthrone- The Underground Resistance (2013) : This albums fucking RULES. Please check it out. MTM played this album for me right after its release and I never would have guessed that it was fucking Darkthrone. It riffs for days. Very enjoyable listen.

Behemoth- The Satanist (2014) : Really solid album, definitely worth checking out. It's a change in sound for these guys. I really wouldn't argue with anyone who puts this as the top metal album of 2014.

Vektor- Outer Isolation (2012): This is another must-listen. Technical/Progressive Thrash Metal with healthy old-school influence. Very fucking cool album. The riffs have an outer-space/alien vibe. Saw these guys live a month or two ago and I would love to see them again.

Dead Congregation- Promulgation of the Fall (2014) : Old-school sounding Brutal DM band from Greece. If you like early 90's brutal death metal, definitely give this album a listen. Awesome riffs. I really fucking enjoy the production on this one. The full album isn't on YouTube apparently, so I linked my favorite track from the album.

Black Crown Initiate- Song of the Crippled Bull (2013) : Progressive DM from PA. I saw these guys open up for Goatwhore and 1349 a few months ago and I was blown away. They've only released this EP so far, but I really think that they have a shot at becoming one of the next big acts in modern metal. The EP is a continuous track split up into 4 songs. The easiest way I could describe their sound is a Meshuggah/Opeth hybrid, with some brutal dm influences. Their debut album is scheduled for release in 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Last edited by The Execrator : 2014-08-17 at 19:19.