MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2013-07-20, 09:11
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

What can we do to bring this place back?

Seems enough of the old regulars (old as far as I'm concerned..not sure about those that left before me) still stop in from time to time. So what has changed? People busy with work? Not listening to metal? I myself have started listening to a lot of different shit I didn't listen to before. There is still a Cephalic Carnage CD in my car stereo though. (no mp3 player hook up unfortunately)

Admittedly, I also stopped coming here for a little bit but once everything in my life settled down, I checked in to find only a handful of new posts in a long time. Lately I've posted here and there then come back every other day or so to see if anyone else is here but a lot of times it's still the same as when I left.

I guess I have no good ideas about the subject, but figured I'd post so others would see it and maybe see it and come back or at least have some idea.

Old 2013-07-21, 06:38
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Hah was drinking last night when I posted this. It is strange that this place is dead now.

Old 2013-07-21, 15:24
Amadeus
Quantum.

'Tis the way it goes. Anyway, just wanted to give kudos for what may well be the most coherent and relevant drunk post I have ever seen.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2013-07-22, 02:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I have to agree with Amadeus. Your post looked sober.

The blue screen I hung out at in addition to this is about the same, but I think there's more frequent posts here. I'm glad they're both around since people do check in now and then. Old friends are the best ones. I do miss the crazy days on here though.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2013-07-22, 04:50
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hah Thanks. I posted that at 5 am after drinking a bunch of beer and vodka.

Old 2013-07-24, 11:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

And you survived to tell about it? Far out.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2013-07-24, 19:32
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
figured I'd post so others would see it and maybe see it and come back or at least have some idea.

I guess repeating see it is the only hint.

Old 2013-07-25, 12:07
VictorDoom
New Blood

ive been lurking on this site for a long time until i had to make an account to ask about what was going on with the 502 errors.. i dont know why its so desolate now.

im not sure where or how people can start to bring it back, probably a good idea to start posting more tabs and trying to get it to the first pages of google search i guess?

Old 2013-07-26, 02:36
Pr0az
Post-whore

A lot of the old forums I use to visit are dead now. One hasn't had a new post since 2011.

Old 2013-07-26, 13:39
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
A lot of the old forums I use to visit are dead now. One hasn't had a new post since 2011.

It's probably because of imageboards like 4chan or reddit where it is a lot easier to discuss topics on almost everything. I can't elaborate too much more because my brain feels fried from pt.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2013-07-29, 02:58
Dystopia
Post-whore

Hey Drawn&1/4'd: Have you ever been to Trailside Saloon on 104th/Colorado Blvd, in Thornton?

___

Honestly, if this place would let this place thrive in political arguments and multiple threads on the same topic, maybe then we could try to save the world, but I don't know if there's much we can do about this forum shit.

Old 2013-07-29, 13:07
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Hey Drawn&1/4'd: Have you ever been to Trailside Saloon on 104th/Colorado Blvd, in Thornton?

Nope, haven't really hung around Thornton much.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2013-07-30, 07:33
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I still check in every now and then; but yeah, life just seems to get in the way.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2013-08-01, 15:48
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Facebook has a lot of MT regulars..PM me if you want to add me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2013-08-02, 00:21
Requiem
Post-whore

Honestly dont think the death of this site was the copywrite issue but rather the mods scaring members off both new and veterans.

I still chime in from time to time. Seems Paddy's departure was sort of the last leg.

Old 2013-08-02, 00:27
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Honestly dont think the death of this site was the copywrite issue but rather the mods scaring members off both new and veterans.

I still chime in from time to time. Seems Paddy's departure was sort of the last leg.

What happened to him? I missed the whole thing.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2013-08-02, 00:32
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
What happened to him? I missed the whole thing.

Not certain. Just know him and dyldo seemed to dissapear almost coexistantly.

I used to have everyone on my MSN, havent logged on there in close to 4 years I think. fuggn Facebook

Old 2013-08-02, 03:27
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Looking back, this place was kinda hilariously overmodded. That said, it seems like it became a ghost town after some of the more overzealous mods (myself included) started to drift off and leave the place untended, probably for the same reason we did. It just didn't seem important anymore.

Don't think there's any coming back.

Old 2013-08-02, 15:24
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I don't know. The die-off was very gradual and did seem to start happening around the time of whole copyright nonsense.

The straw that broke the camel's back did seem to be Paddy fucking off, however. You should never lament the departure of an Irishman, but I do nonetheless.

Old 2013-08-02, 19:58
Amadeus
Quantum.

The Irishman was indeed a breath of, not fresh air, but some type of very noticeable gas. Kept everyone on their toes.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2013-08-02, 20:55
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

The copyright thing I think definitely had something to do with it. We only scared off the annoying people who had flame similes after every post. Fuck them.

Paddy was locked up for impregnating some Duchess 9 or 10 months ago.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2013-08-02, 21:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy's running for Minister of Silly Walks. He's still doing a few tabs and occasionally commenting on the craziness in his country, but I haven't talked to him in awhile. I think the last time I had a computer problem he tilted and had mental overload. I do that to people sometimes.

I think the copyright thing may have had a little to do with the slow down, but a lot are just getting older and moving on to other real life stuff so they aren't on here as much. I talk to several mt-ers and tc-ers on FB, but I sometimes I really miss the forums.

Old 2013-08-04, 02:53
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Looking back, this place was kinda hilariously overmodded. That said, it seems like it became a ghost town after some of the more overzealous mods (myself included) started to drift off and leave the place untended, probably for the same reason we did. It just didn't seem important anymore.

Don't think there's any coming back.

Yep. Pretty much this.

Have a nice life, assholes.

Old 2013-08-04, 02:58
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Honestly, if this place would let this place thrive in political arguments and multiple threads on the same topic, maybe then we could try to save the world, but I don't know if there's much we can do about this forum shit.

Well now it seems there is very little mod interference, mainly because there is not much to moderate, so I would think you could start posting whatever really.

2013 Tabbies
Where are they now? Everyone

Old 2013-08-04, 03:54
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
flame similes

Old 2013-08-04, 03:58
Dystopia
Post-whore

Watching Faces of Death, first one. I used to just try to watch snippets, for the gore, but now I'm viewing the film to gain perspective like the guy says in the beginning... as well as see pictures of gore.

Old 2013-08-05, 10:56
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I remember looking forward to the next tab that was going to be posted. There just seemed to be a lot of excellent tabbers back in the day and it was great seeing which song would be figured out next. Not so much of that any more, particularly as those tabbers - myself included - enter real life and no longer have the time or inclination to sit there for a week figuring out Nile or Cryptopsy.

Great days

Old 2013-08-05, 17:23
Amadeus
Quantum.

Heh, yeah, I actually learned playing the guitar using tabs from this here site.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2013-08-05, 20:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Some of the mods made me more hard nosed about criticism even though I knew they weren't as bad as they let on. Sort of like Gordon Ramsey or Simon Cowell. lol I'll give them a little credit for me singing in public. I wish I'd started years ago.

Old 2013-08-06, 04:10
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I remember looking forward to the next tab that was going to be posted. There just seemed to be a lot of excellent tabbers back in the day and it was great seeing which song would be figured out next. Not so much of that any more, particularly as those tabbers - myself included - enter real life and no longer have the time or inclination to sit there for a week figuring out Nile or Cryptopsy.

Great days

ahh.. your Nile tabs were ridiculous.

Old 2013-08-06, 15:10
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
ahh.. your Nile tabs were ridiculous.

I wish I had the time to properly correct them!

Old 2013-08-07, 08:49
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
I wish I had the time to properly correct them!

I wasn't tabbing anything quite that fast, more along the lines of Impaled; but it's been a few years since I've sat down to tab anything out.

Old 2013-08-07, 22:47
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I still can't figure out those damn things. I learned to read those eggs with flags on some of them.

Old 2013-08-08, 08:43
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Eggs with flags on them?

Old 2013-08-08, 14:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Musical notation.

Old 2013-08-08, 18:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I'm up to my nuts in repairs. Between that and being lazy I got no time. I still lurk around awaiting the perfect moment for my hostile takeover.

Old 2013-08-09, 02:32
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Cheers?

*ahem*

Old 2013-08-09, 20:49
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

haha, seems like most of us still lurk back here..but yes, I think it was less the mods(bunch of gheys anyways) and more the legal tabbing BS issue. Also, we grew up and have jobs/careers! I started at this site as a drug-induced high school drop out, now I'm a drug-free(well..rec drugs lol!), gym-obsessed plumber.

I added you on FB graf, anyone else PM me, lots of us have FB!

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2013-08-10, 02:32
estringrev
Supreme Metalhead

If some one is willing to cough up a few million then I'm sure there are things that could be done.

Old 2013-08-10, 21:21
Amadeus
Quantum.

Funny how this thread drew out a whole bunch of old regs. Sort of like the opening to a zombie flick.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2013-08-11, 02:52
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Funny how this thread drew out a whole bunch of old regs. Sort of like the opening to a zombie flick.

I've been lurking for years. I only hit the post button when I want to see the 15-year-old smilies.

Old 2013-08-12, 08:01
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

Fuck you!

Quote:
Heh, yeah, I actually learned playing the guitar using tabs from this here site.

Haha yeah same here.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2013-08-12 at 08:04.

Old 2013-08-12, 14:33
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
I've been lurking for years. I only hit the post button when I want to see the 15-year-old smilies.

I would never have thought it possible to create creepy innuendos about emoticons.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2013-09-13, 03:43
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

I stomp back to the green once and a blue moon for shits.

I work in northen alberta and live in HFX still (aka i fly across canada and work for 14 strait days), and when im home for my 7 days off im busy as fuck running around.

looking back i have level'd up my guitar skills from this place, made some good friends, and most likely a few enemies haha

Old 2013-09-13, 11:18
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
I would never have thought it possible to create creepy innuendos about emoticons.

A Murderface smiley would be appropriate for this place, and it wouldn't look like a smile.

Old 2013-09-19, 20:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's kinda murdery.

Old 2013-09-19, 20:55
Amadeus
Quantum.

Not enough lisp. Or piss.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2013-09-20, 01:08
tao|2cs
New Blood

it seems pretty much deserted to me...

spewin. cos i just wrote my first ever tab a coupla months ago, and was all excited to put it up in the pending forum [until it got reformatted and fucked it up] but there doesn't seem to be anyone here to even say "hey idiot you can put slidedowns in like this..." makes sense that ppl get older and busier but there should be some new blood comin in yeah?

Old 2013-09-23, 14:47
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:

hahaha! whoops...

Old 2013-10-09, 22:49
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

I kinda dwindled down on posting when the big ban on a bunch of tabs happened years ago. I come back and read things every once in awhile, but rarely ever post.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2014-02-16, 19:13
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
MSN

Hah. Those were the days. That messenger doesn't even exist anymore, right? Shame, it was the best. Just about every contact I frequently chatted with on there were people I met on here. Hmm, kinda sad. I owe a lot to this site as almost a "social network" of sorts. For what I got out of it anyway. A few of you know but for those who don't, I was actually engaged to a member of this forum for years. Met here. All things considered, It's almost certain that if not for metaltabs I would have never traveled to Italy. (...5 times, )

Old 2014-02-18, 21:54
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:

Great days

Yes. This.

Real life caught us. 40 hour work weeks, girls/females/gilfs, this and that.

That drew a lot of contributors away. Plus metal is mostly dead. In about 20-40 years we'll be the old fucks grabbing a vinyl copy of 'cowboys from hell' and telling our grandkids that 'this was the time they still made real music'.

Ofcourse they'll be shocked, running away with their ears bleeding. Leaving us with a grin. I salute you, metalheads!

Old 2014-02-19, 07:56
Amadeus
Quantum.

Metal - music for the aged, or music for the ages? Funny thing is, I dunno how it looks where you are, but where I live metal has kind of taken the same position as classical music. That is, it's a rather small and select group, but there's a constant influx of young uns' who actually get into the whole history from Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and onwards. Hell, just at my university we have a group dedicated to arranging a few metal parties each semester, and while it's not a huge gang we've never had trouble getting enough new members to keep the ball rolling.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-02-19, 23:42
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Does anyone actually own a copy of Transient's band's demo?

Old 2014-02-25, 22:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Anybody need Magic the Gathering cards?

I think every genre since caveman days has been told that musical styles will fade eventually, but now there's even a rebirth of cajons, you know? Metal will probably be like prog, and only the most intellectual old-timers will listen to it as a majority, but they'll be the ones that pass it on to the younger members of society so it hangs around for a very long time.

Old 2014-03-04, 07:19
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Does anyone actually own a copy of Transient's band's demo?

No but Dyldo's band, Deadhead Roses, are on Spotify. I'm actually listening to their debut now.

Old 2014-03-08, 01:05
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Crowned : Live at Budokan in my walkman..

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2014-03-08, 13:15
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

I have Crowned songs on my computer. Can't remember how I downloaded them though.

Old 2014-03-08, 20:37
Junkyard_God
New Blood

my idea: Bia noodz (that isn't her nipple piercing)

Old 2014-03-14, 02:10
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
No but Dyldo's band, Deadhead Roses, are on Spotify. I'm actually listening to their debut now.

I'm gunna release and electronic album this year. Here's a music video for one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpmJ7dbaKLo. I know you want to see me half naked rolling around in mud eating crickets.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2014-03-18, 05:04
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Crowned : Live at Budokan in my walkman..

Yeah? Well, I have the Die Hard edition Gatefold LP on Gold Wax with a pair of die-hard official Transient's glasses only limited to 10. I bought it at Hell's Headbangers.

Old 2014-03-31, 09:30
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Yes. This.

Real life caught us. 40 hour work weeks, girls/females/gilfs, this and that.

That drew a lot of contributors away. Plus metal is mostly dead. In about 20-40 years we'll be the old fucks grabbing a vinyl copy of 'cowboys from hell' and telling our grandkids that 'this was the time they still made real music'.

Ofcourse they'll be shocked, running away with their ears bleeding. Leaving us with a grin. I salute you, metalheads!

I actually test my kids friends with metal, Mwahahaha. I have guitars and amps all around as I now fix and modify them for a living. I ask my kids friends, "what is your favorate metal song"? Regardless of what they say I play something way way way more heavy shortly into to proformance. Some of the children are mind blown and I can see that moment in their eyes when they hear that first magic note of live metal music.

Its a wonderful feeling awakening a young metalhead.

Old 2014-04-01, 05:14
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
I actually test my kids friends with metal, Mwahahaha. I have guitars and amps all around as I now fix and modify them for a living. I ask my kids friends, "what is your favorate metal song"? Regardless of what they say I play something way way way more heavy shortly into to proformance. Some of the children are mind blown and I can see that moment in their eyes when they hear that first magic note of live metal music.

Its a wonderful feeling awakening a young metalhead.

Totally awesome, man.

From this collision of artistic passion, invention and sonic overload a new kind of music was born. It was as hard and heavy as the fire beast's metallic flesh. It had the power of his blood, the heat of his fire, the speed of his flight... and the might roar of his death cry. But it also had the angelic beauty if Aetulia's song and a touch of her mournful wail. It was an anthem of the people, and they called it Heavy Metal.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Pretty fun game, actually.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-04-08, 09:30
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

"Ending the final stage of their evolution they ascended to become metal gods!
Before they left they took time to weave instruction for all they had invented into the natural world. They taught spiders how to spin guitar strings from web, and the trees how to grow exhaust pipes for branches, they etched hieroglyphics of how to put these things together.

We give our secrets to the future, they inscribed in glowing letters, so they may know the glory of metal!"

THIS is about the most metal thing I have ever heard.

Old 2014-04-08, 19:41
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
"Ending the final stage of their evolution they ascended to become metal gods!
Before they left they took time to weave instruction for all they had invented into the natural world. They taught spiders how to spin guitar strings from web, and the trees how to grow exhaust pipes for branches, they etched hieroglyphics of how to put these things together.

We give our secrets to the future, they inscribed in glowing letters, so they may know the glory of metal!"

THIS is about the most metal thing I have ever heard.

Haha, yeah, like I said it's a pretty fun game. Main character is voiced by Jack Black and they have people like Ozzy, Lemmy and a whole bunch other like that in the cast. Some of the bad guys are glam rockers and the teardrinker's of the Black Sea. Gameplay is too simplistic for my taste, but writing and overall execution of the story telling borders on the brilliant at times. Made by metalheads for metalheads.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-04-20, 07:49
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
I was actually engaged to a member of this forum for years

Who?

Old 2014-04-22, 21:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Me.

Old 2014-04-22, 22:36
Amadeus
Quantum.

Keeping someone tied up by their testicles in your basement generally doesn't count as being engaged to them.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-04-27, 09:24
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

We are kinda making it up as we go it seems.

Edit* spelling

Old 2014-04-28, 03:30
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I also check back here now and then.. Maybe once every 5-6 months .. Although the bass forum seems to be very quiet as usual.. So not much kicking off to deal with! But yeah good times in the old days.. I'm a full time session bassist and teacher now.. Not listening to much metal these days though.. But I do owe a lot to this site and it's tabs and forum for advice and general comedy! Hope everyone is keeping well!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2014-05-08, 21:41
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It's great to hear you're teaching bass now.

Old 2014-05-09, 00:31
Dystopia
Post-whore

Guys, I have an idea to bring this place back. How about an official "Politics and religion" thread?

Old 2014-05-09, 00:45
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

No. The last time I started talking about religion to someone on here I talked to him for years and years and right now. We can't have that happening again.

He just woofed at me. Yup, Paddy's still weird as ever. lol

Old 2014-05-09, 07:37
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Guys, I have an idea to bring this place back. How about an official "Politics and religion" thread?

You might be the Anti-Christ.

Old 2014-05-09, 11:19
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
You might be the Obama.

Well if I would've suggested putting them both in the same threat you would be correct, what I said was, "Make TWO threads, and have one where people can talk all the shit they want about politics, or if they wanna be more sympathetic to those taking their tax-dollars, maybe they could rant about their most passionate issues, and in the other thread they could simply state their religious beliefs or atheism, and talk all the shit they want, or whatever." Those are the exact words that I said.

C'mon, it's the least we can do to give this place a little *uhmf*

Old 2014-05-09, 17:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Well if I would've suggested putting them both in the same threat you would be correct, what I said was, "Make TWO threads, and have one where people can talk all the shit they want about politics, or if they wanna be more sympathetic to those taking their tax-dollars, maybe they could rant about their most passionate issues, and in the other thread they could simply state their religious beliefs or atheism, and talk all the shit they want, or whatever." Those are the exact words that I said.

C'mon, it's the least we can do to give this place a little *uhmf*

It would certainly brew a shit storm, but only if most here wasn't so jaded and knew better.

Best people just keep posting. Sooner or later poop will contact some ones blades and the place is alive again.

Old 2014-05-10, 19:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Ah, the old fertilizer on the forum growth hormone.

umph-umph-umph baba umph ba-ding bah.....

Old 2014-05-10, 22:43
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

...yummy growth hormones!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2014-05-11, 00:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

BB-You've had enough, Brutus!

Old 2014-05-11, 09:51
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:

I'm gunna release and electronic album this year. Here's a music video for one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpmJ7dbaKLo. I know you want to see me half naked rolling around in mud eating crickets.

IS THIS YOU??? when you're actually naked, holla. don't give a shit about this softcore junk.

Old 2014-05-23, 19:22
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

So this has kinda turned into a sideline RTT. Keeping it alive

Also, I just noticed I've been a member 10 years.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2014-05-23 at 19:25.

Old 2014-05-24, 16:55
Dystopia
Post-whore

So... what do you guys think about politics and religion?

Old 2014-06-01, 02:31
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Who?

Murcie.

http://metaltabs.com/forum/member.php?u=13021

Sent her a private message one day back in 2007. Started a friendship which thrived via MSN messenger. A year later she traveled from Italy to visit me in the US (TX). Thus officially began our relationship that would last almost 6 years. I visited her in Italy 5 times, sometimes for 2-3 months at a time, and she spent many weeks here each visit, limited by time allotted off from work. I was a student so I'd just take semesters off. We planned to marry and much more. But in the end, most likely due to my own flaws as a partner in my early 20s, she came to the conclusion that she could not spend a lifetime with me. Indeed, she has made it abundantly clear that she never plans to enter another relationship for the rest of her life, and prefers solitude as a person. I hope she wouldn't take offense to my sharing that information here, but it's doubtful and I even imagine she has an unspoken sense of pride in the fact that she is content to be alone. We still speak and she still sends me random melodic/symphonic black albums every other month.

I realize that is WAY more info than you asked for, but as I sit here sipping on my drink, I just let it flow that way. And hey, this thread is about us all as a (past) community, heh?

On a lighter note... I'm actually married now to an incredibly sweet Mexican girl. A funny thing to mention for the board is that when I met her she told me about her interest in a certain Mago de Oz band, which is essentially a power metal band from Spain, and we just went from there.

Cheers, Bros.

Old 2014-06-02, 16:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's pretty cool, td. I've seen other relationships that began on the net last for a long time, but I've seen others break up romantically and still continue friendships. Everybody's situation is different.

I've got a question for you all. I'd mentioned before that I'd been singing at church and I've gotten an annoying tremor in my voice in the lower range. Well, I went to the doc and it's something called vocal dysphonia. I'd like to elaborate on it here, but should I just do it here or do you thing it would be more helpful in the vocal forum? I have doc's orders to train with a coach which I start in a couple days. Thoughts?

Old 2014-06-06, 17:33
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:

NOT NAKED ENOUGH. 4/10, would not fap again. Would have been 1/10, but you get a point for the cricket bukkake and two points because I got a half chub when you started getting doused with water.

Quote:
Keeping someone tied up by their testicles in your basement generally doesn't count as being engaged to them.

That's may as may be, but a truer expression of love I've yet to see.

Old 2014-07-04, 04:25
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
Murcie.

http://metaltabs.com/forum/member.php?u=13021

Sent her a private message one day back in 2007. Started a friendship which thrived via MSN messenger. A year later she traveled from Italy to visit me in the US (TX). Thus officially began our relationship that would last almost 6 years. I visited her in Italy 5 times, sometimes for 2-3 months at a time, and she spent many weeks here each visit, limited by time allotted off from work. I was a student so I'd just take semesters off. We planned to marry and much more. But in the end, most likely due to my own flaws as a partner in my early 20s, she came to the conclusion that she could not spend a lifetime with me. Indeed, she has made it abundantly clear that she never plans to enter another relationship for the rest of her life, and prefers solitude as a person. I hope she wouldn't take offense to my sharing that information here, but it's doubtful and I even imagine she has an unspoken sense of pride in the fact that she is content to be alone. We still speak and she still sends me random melodic/symphonic black albums every other month.

I realize that is WAY more info than you asked for, but as I sit here sipping on my drink, I just let it flow that way. And hey, this thread is about us all as a (past) community, heh?

On a lighter note... I'm actually married now to an incredibly sweet Mexican girl. A funny thing to mention for the board is that when I met her she told me about her interest in a certain Mago de Oz band, which is essentially a power metal band from Spain, and we just went from there.

Cheers, Bros.

Awesome man. Thanks for sharing. It's been awhile since this was an active community... so hearing what everyone has been up to, when I occasionally check back in, is really cool.

Old 2014-07-08, 06:03
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
NOT NAKED ENOUGH. 4/10, would not fap again. Would have been 1/10, but you get a point for the cricket bukkake and two points because I got a half chub when you started getting doused with water.

That's may as may be, but a truer expression of love I've yet to see.

Right, now you've piqued my curiosity. What, to your mind, would qualify as an untrue expression of love? I just feel like I need to know if I'm gonna keep my chances alive.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-07-10, 15:18
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I made partner in the practice I work at.

Old 2014-07-12, 14:23
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
I made partner in the practice I work at.

you in law? nice to see your name on here. i thought you worked in accounting at one point too

everythings going well in my life. loved this community, met some great people and grew up here haha. will miss it, hope youre all doing well. hopefully this stuff gets archived and we can view it in 50 years....

Old 2014-07-19, 23:24
Amadeus
Quantum.

Transient, that may well have been one of the most horrifying dystopian views of the future I've ever seen. Much obliged.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2014-07-25, 21:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I think he's right. I've perused some hard copy stuff as well as read on here, and had myself in stitches laughing, Lot of memories here, for sure.

Old 2014-07-30, 06:58
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I'm a Chartered Accountant, Trans.