MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2012-04-17, 07:05
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Death of moe_blunts

http://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comme..._mate_died_this

The Last.fm provided by his friend and his profile on here are a match. Does anyone know him outside of here or have a Facebook page which confirms this? Sad if our tiny community just got a little smaller

Old 2012-04-17, 07:39
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The picture his friend linked on the reddit page is definitely him, he posted it here somewhere in the past too.

Fucking hell I hope this isn't true, if he's trolling I'll suck his cock myself.

I can't find out what happened to him. If anyone knows, tell us.

I feel like I'm about to burst into tears here, seriously. Moe, you better be trolling...

Fuckin' hell

Old 2012-04-17, 07:57
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I've been searching for info about him, and couldn't help but laugh when I found this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/auth...thor=moe_blunts

Haven't found anything helpful, though.

Old 2012-04-17, 13:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Do you know what his real name is? I'll try to find out something. He's from Austin, right?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2012-04-17, 13:35
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Wow I feel soooo miserable questioning one persons death but it says he logged in last on saturday afternoon.
If it's true...holy shit that'd be totally ... I don't know which word can describe it. I mean I only know this guy through the internet but still somehow it effects me and I feel very sorry for his family and friends.
Better be trollin moe, death isn't funny at all.

R.I.P moe

Old 2012-04-17, 13:38
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, this is just so messed up. I'm afraid it's true. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/st...m&pid=157085078 I'm in tears right now. The person reddit called him JJ and it says on his profile here that he's from Austin. I just can't find words to express my sadness. RIP moe.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Car-crash-...-147525325.html

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2012-04-17 at 13:49.

Old 2012-04-17, 13:54
Amadeus
Quantum.

Sheit. Hope like hell this doesn't check out, but yea... if it does and for what it's worth. RIP to ya man, it was good having you around here.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2012-04-17, 14:12
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

There's a reference to moe_blunts toward the bottom of the comments on the page that Dame' posted, too.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2012-04-17, 14:32
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

RIP

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2012-04-17, 14:52
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

There are a few guys from Austin are there not?

Wow, terrible news..moe was a great guy. RIP Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2012-04-17, 14:55
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I always wonder, out of all the regs that disappear from the forums I've been on, how many have passed on? Once you lose touch there's no way of knowing. That makes two that I know of here at MT.

RIP moe_blunts. You were an inoffensive and tolerable poster, which is about the biggest compliment anyone can get around here.

Old 2012-04-17, 15:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yup. Just 2 that I know of. There's been others from other forums I've wondered about or researched, but it's tough to tell sometimes.

It's sad. It's weird. And just plain shitty.

Old 2012-04-17, 17:39
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well, I guess there's little doubt about it now...

moe, fucking hell man...

Old 2012-04-17, 18:10
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I remember this one, but I don't remember if that's his daughter or niece. She's got to be related to him though. http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/...ts/61320005.jpg

Nice round up of pictures, Paddy.

Old 2012-04-17, 19:05
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Good find on the Pics Paddy!

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2012-04-17, 19:28
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/464/dcp1751ej1.jpg

definitely my favorite

rest in eternal peace bro

And coincidental a friend of mine died exactly one year ago in a car accident, too.

R.I.P moe

Last edited by Gomli : 2012-04-17 at 19:33.

Old 2012-04-17, 19:29
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Shit

That is two of our members that have died so young in the last few years? Its a weird feeling :/

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2012-04-17, 20:44
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Fuck, sad news... Even though I only knew him through the board, and not all that well, it still feels surreal knowing someone who has passed. You were a cool regular. If anyone finds out how he died, please post it.

How did you find this, Dame?

As Chris mentioned, I always wonder, out of the thousands of members that were regular to semi-regular, how many have met a similar fate?

I LOVE YOU GUISE!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-04-17, 21:59
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He was killed instantly in a car crash. There's a brief paragraph about him in one of Bobbi's links:

http://www.kvue.com/home/Car-crash-...-147525325.html

I didn't know him off-site either, but he was a fixture of this place. It feels like he's left a gaping vacuum behind on the forum. Christ knows what his family's going through...

Internet friendships suck for this very reason; if a fucker dies we're lucky if we ever hear about it (maybe lucky isn't the right word). It's especially harrowing if you have reason to suspect that the person in question might be in danger of death - a guy I met here in 2005 (he only posted a few times but we became friends off-site) vanished several years ago. All of the websites and forums he frequented went cold at the same time, no replies to emails, no activity on MSN, and we had no mutual friends. That's bad enough, but he lives in Jordan, so it's like the chances of him having been murdered/killed are instantly trebled, which makes my desire to know even stronger, but if he is dead I'll never know.

I wonder if moe ever finished reading those indecipherable Scottish books haha...

Old 2012-04-18, 01:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Old 2012-04-18, 01:16
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

So what do you guys and girls want to do? Express condolences as a forum or individually with notation of the forum? I'm clueless, but whatever you want to do.

Old 2012-04-18, 01:32
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, I don't think that is for us, LB... None of us knew him that well and things like that are reserved for people that did/close friends and family, I don't think it'd be appropriate to jump in on that. Also, I'm sure his parents would love to check out the credited forum only to see everyone screaming "CUNT!" at the top of their lungs over a discussion on how much jizz we would drink for a million dollars that was a seque from Paddy discussion his midget rape fetish at length.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2012-04-18 at 02:35.

Old 2012-04-18, 01:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, you have a point there. I guess the best thing to do is remember him here like we have been. My prayers go out to his family and other friends regardless. And you all, too, whether you want 'em or not. You're all special to me.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2012-04-18 at 01:58.

Old 2012-04-18, 02:07
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

Damn. Fucking sucks so much.

Yeah, what Dyldo said..perhaps you could say a music forum if you`d like, but maybe not specify this one.

Again, RIP..

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2012-04-18, 02:13
Requiem
Post-whore

Fuck, James. You were too young. We used to talk quite a bit a few years ago.

RIP man

Old 2012-04-18, 02:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, we can make this thread an MT memorial for him. I'm sure he has friends somewhere who know about this place, I know if my brother or best friend died I'd probably start trawling the web for anything he wrote, starting with his favourite sites. The guy posted 2,237 times since 2006, his profile name is on the first page of results on Google, and MT is one of those - I'm sure his peeps will find their way here

A slightly more detailed account:

http://haysfreepress.com/2012/04/16...s-county-wreck/

It's amazing, there are hundreds of news sites out there and every single one of them is the exact same 3 paragraph statement

Old 2012-04-18, 03:11
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Wow, very sad to hear this all checked out. I don't know what I expected, it's just very strange to think about someone having a presence and then just poof. Even stranger when that person had a presence in your life, real or virtual, to whatever extent.

Dyldo- I subscribe to the subreddit "shreddit", a metal related subreddit. I happened to click on the link and recognized his last.fm username, then checked to see if this moe and our moe were the same.

LB- I didn't contact the original poster about JJ's identity because we seem to have independently verified it on here. I am also at a loss for how to approach this, I don't want to seem insensitive and I'm worried it could be seen as prying if I ask too much. I already left a comment saying he posted on a forum and everyone is upset by his untimely passing... I think that is enough for now.

Such a shame, he seemed like a really funny guy with impeccable taste.

Old 2012-04-18, 03:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Most of them came from the Statesman, but I did see one account that he'd hit a fence.

That's cool, Dame. You did well. I only thought of you connecting with his friend to confirm it, but like you said that's been done. Unless you'd want to tell him on that site via pm or something that we all are sorry for his loss.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2012-04-18 at 03:17.

Old 2012-04-19, 18:45
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Damn, that's harsh. So young...

My sincere condolences from Holland.

Old 2012-04-20, 01:03
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Whoa..that is terrible! From the pics I saw that Paddy posted, it looks like he lived a great and happy life. I've never seen a man have such a great time wearing corpse paint that WASN'T Abbath.

Old 2012-04-20, 07:41
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

RIP, dude

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2012-04-20, 10:47
keephopealive
New Blood

rip

Old 2012-04-21, 05:51
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I contacted Smegma_Torpedo through reddit, expressing my condolences and those of everyone here. He responded today and mentioned that he and JJ co-hosted a metal radio show on kvrx.org. On Sunday there will be a sort of memorial broadcast involving his friends, it will be streaming at midnight central time if anyone wants to listen.

Old 2012-04-23, 14:29
blitz906
Okay.

Holy shit that sucks

RIP Moe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2012-04-26, 03:28
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

I met him in person once, just by chance. It was a concert. He called me timedragon the whole time and I just called him Moe. Funny thing.

Sad news. RIP.

Old 2012-04-26, 06:06
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Oh wow, good to know that someone met him! Were you planning on meeting up there or was it really just a chance encounter (I bet you were wearing your MT shirt, weren't you!)? Who was playing?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-04-26, 06:36
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

It really was just by chance. There is an outdoor area with lots of picnic tables at this particular venue (The White Rabbit in San Antonio). I saw him at a table and I recognized his face. I went up to him and said "Moe Blunts?". He was kind of astonished. Then I said "I'm timedragon". He bursted out with enthusiasm and friendliness. We hung out for a while, there. Cool fellow.

The concert was with Ensiferum, Finntroll, Eluveitie and Tyr, if I remember correctly.

Old 2012-04-27, 02:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Very sweet story. I'm glad someone got to meet him. He sounds like he was a pretty awesome person. Thanks for sharing this.

Old 2012-05-23, 14:32
Dystopia
Post-whore

Moe_Blunts? Damn...

Showing this site to his family so they can look at his posts might give them just a slice of the James they may have never been openly exposed to (I'm sure R-rated is no big deal), but the sensitivity part of it... not sure how much, if any, positive would come of it.

Looking at it this site may hurt them more, but they don't have to look at it, but they are out of James. MT has some of what's left of James, in case they need a little... ?

Gosh, I'm no good at this funeral type shit.

RIP

Old 2012-05-26, 04:23
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Damn, that sucks! I log in for the first time in a while for some shitty news.

RIP Moe!

At least it was instant and not some painful drawn out death. Once I'm on land, I'll have a beer in your honor.

Old 2012-05-27, 11:01
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

That's fucked up. Definitely way too early for him.

Old 2012-05-28, 21:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

This news upsets me. I can only hope for comfort and peace for his close friends and family. Rest in peace, Moe, if you can read this.

Old 2012-05-31, 00:21
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

I just went and read a good amount of his posts. Talk about a man with some vocabulary!!