MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2010-02-14, 17:36
Pr0az
Post-whore

The Official Hangover Cure Thread

I know alot of us drink on this board, so post what you do when that hang over just won't go away.

Natural
Mixed drink(no alcho)- Gallon Jug
32 oz lemon juice
1 Can Strawberries
1-2 pieces of sliced pineapple
Fill rest of jug with water
Sugar to taste

Frozen yoo hoo - 2-3 hours in frige
When froze take the thing to the head

Also i eat a big greasy meal.

Pharmiceutical:
Advil
Adderall - makes the drowsy sluggish feeling die

Usually this stuffs already in my house so all i do is make it when i wake up busted....

Anyone ever tried any of the outragous gimmicks?

Gimmicks:
Morning after body wash. - Actually the smell works, kind of brings the mood up a bit and you can sorta feel the head drama leaving(may just be placebo effect) Ones out of the shower however and the smell goes away your back to the same old groggy biatch you were when you woke up.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2010-02-14 at 17:39.

Old 2010-02-14, 18:49
The Execrator
Noob lud

Marijuana.

Wake up, smoke a bowl, get some food and water in me and I'm ready to face the day. Doing laundry usually makes me feel better as well.

Though if I drank a ridiculous amount of alcohol, there is no cure for that. Just more beer.

It's funny you brought this up, TruthDevoid and I were having a conversation about this on ps3 the other day, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-02-14, 21:21
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I would avoid any OTC painkillers, because they can make the nausea worse sometimes.

SLEEP is very important. But sometimes the headache is so bad you can't fall back asleep.

Drinking a substantial amount of water with your alc the night before is also a good idea. But sometimes even that fails.

Try taking a multi-vitamin before you fall asleep. This puts back lots of nutrients you've pissed out from all that alcohol haha.

And I agree with the greasy meal, as well. And the weed, if you smoke.

Last note would be that in really bad cases some hard liquor could actually help you stave off the head-ache until its gone (along with plenty of other liquids, of course). But I wouldn't recommend beer in the morning, because it dehydrates you so much. If it's all you have though, then whatever.

Also a moderate amount of caffeine helps (same sorta way that adderall does). Actually, Excedrine is pretty awesome. It contains medium doses of Aspirin and Acetaminophen, and then loads of caffeine. Each pill has 65mg of caffeine and they recommend two. But I would only take one because I don't drink coffee.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2010-02-14 at 21:26.

Old 2010-02-15, 00:06
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

My hangovers seem to differ from most peoples as I am rarely victim to headaches (and when I am, they're brief) and mostly suffer from anxiety, a sick stomach (though never throwing up), and multiple shit-syndrome. If I get a hangover, they almost always last until I wake up next morning.

Prevention is the best cure, of course, so I try to drink water and before I hit the sack I usually take some kind of vitamin suppliment (I find the more vitamin C, the better) and either Advil or Ibuprofen (just in case).

Dealing with the aftermath usually means the necessary greasy meal, Immodium, and remaining within close proximity to the bathroom. I also don't like caffine at this stage at all. Actually, the best cure I find is opiates, but that isn't always an available option. Also, lots of complaining.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-02-15, 00:42
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Water and advil before you go to bed.

..I've been forgetting my water before bed the last few times I've drank...kinda been bursting through the door, taking half of my clothes off and collapsing in my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-02-15, 01:15
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

the very few times I get hammered I just try not to drink to the point of vomiting and have some water in between drinks. If I do this then I will wake up feeling ok. However, if it was an especially stupid night I'll just hack it out and drink some gatorade, eat something fatty.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-02-15, 03:34
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Just get really fucking fat so you can absorb everything that touches you, including alcohol and girls.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-15, 03:52
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
It's funny you brought this up, TruthDevoid and I were having a conversation about this on ps3 the other day, haha.

hahah yeah, i was about to bring that up when I saw the thread. Listen, there is NO CURE for a hangover except MORE alcohol. Now, there is hangover prevention such as hydration, greasy foods, ibuprofen, and a multivitamin before bed. But once you are hungover, you cannot get rid of it. The best thing to do is rehydrate and consume some food to try to replenish nutrients. And Ibuprofen for that headache. That's about it though. You can try all your crazy concoctions and whatnot, and you might trick yourself into thinking they help, but really only time will help, along with proper hydration and food intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2010-02-16, 13:10
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

A product that really can do wonders : POWERADE

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-02-16, 20:01
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

EDIT: I was incorrect.

Be sure not to drink too much sugar stuff the night WHILE you're drinking. Alcohol raises your blood sugar levels, basically exaggerating any sugar you consume.

Having sugar from Powerade the next day should be fine.

MY WEBSITE!

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2010-02-16 at 20:05.

Old 2010-02-16, 20:26
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Russian anti-hangover tablets.

I guess it's purely a placebo effect but they work for me

When out of Russian stash, just a glass of water and paracetamol before you get your drunk ass in bed.

When waking up with clothes and the lights still on, take a shower, drink lots of water and make a second attempt to sleep after failing horrendously the first time. Don't forget to take shoes off before entering shower.

In the morning, a good blowjob will do. If that's not available just some egg sandwich with bacon and cheese.

Old 2010-02-16, 22:33
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
In the morning, a good blowjob will do. If that's not available just some egg sandwich with bacon and cheese.

Hahaha, that's quite a close substitute there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-02-16, 23:15
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def

And if she loves you (or is afraid of you.. samething, really) you'll have both.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-02-17, 00:11
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Hahaha, that's quite a close substitute there.

haha

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-17, 01:02
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
My hangovers seem to differ from most peoples as I am rarely victim to headaches (and when I am, they're brief) and mostly suffer from anxiety,

Funny you would mention anxiety. I find when I'm hung over any natural anxiety I have goes away. I go into a very odd social mood where I can talk to anyone, and honestly don't give a shit.

Old 2010-02-17, 02:05
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Water through the whole night along with greasy food and lots of practice I drink whiskey so ingesting a healthy amount of water while at the pub isn't a problem.

Old 2010-02-17, 07:28
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Funny you would mention anxiety. I find when I'm hung over any natural anxiety I have goes away. I go into a very odd social mood where I can talk to anyone, and honestly don't give a shit.

I've gotten really bad anxiety from being hungover, which is natural from what i understand, and yet i've gotten the lack of social anxiety that you're talking about. I'll let you know which i experience tomorrow morning. haha.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-02-17, 07:43
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I never know what to do when I drink a shitload but feel fine... tomorrow I'll find out if I feel like shit or not I guess. But maybe my tolerance that I "lost" over winter break wasn't actually lost but just laying dormant mwahahah! I've unleashed the fury once again.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-17, 20:41
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

No hangover

Just some anxiety until I calmed down and shit some kinda gross stuff outta my ass.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-18, 22:48
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
No hangover

Just some anxiety until I calmed down and shit some kinda gross stuff outta my ass.

Yea women say cum in the ass can be bad...

Old 2010-02-19, 09:51
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Nonsense! Cum in the ass is important every now and then.

Yesterday I managed to drink a ridiculous amount of vodka... and once again woke up with only minor consequences.

I never knew that chocolate vodka would be so easy to down.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-19, 23:24
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

The longest recorded hangover lasted four weeks:

In September 2007, The Lancet, among the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals in the world, published a case report by three doctors in Glasgow about a man who made his way to the hospital's ER, complaining of "blurred vision and a persistent dull headache" which he'd had for 4 weeks. Following a patient history and an exam, the doctors had no clue why he was so miserable.

Then he mentioned that it all kind of started following a domestic squabble, which sent him on a 4-day, 60-pint bender. The beer had so dehydrated him that he developed cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (in other words, he drank himself into having a stroke).
- http://www.askmen.com/entertainment...didnt-know.html

Fuck me.

I've never really been the type to pine for a drink during times of stress; however I'm feeling before drinking is usually multiplied during and after drinking.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-02-26, 21:59
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

I got one of those 5 hour energy shots, which is a mega dose of vitamins with not sugar or caffeine, and dumped it in a bottle of gatorade. drank it steadily, then drank another gatorade and did some light physical activity. Not necessarily exercise, but wander around for a while. The hangover went away in about an hour or 3

Old 2010-03-01, 13:02
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

the only cure for a hangover is to drink more and prolong a far worse one for the next morning.

repeat untill hangover is so bad, you run out of alcohol and commit suicide.

or just smoke a dooby.

Old 2010-03-01, 18:54
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

SBTT for the win! If this were yahoo I would definitely choose that as the "best answer"

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-03-02, 03:46
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

suck his dick a little harder, ian haha

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-03-02, 12:16
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
suck his dick a little harder, ian haha

i only speak in truths.

Old 2010-03-02, 18:22
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I don't know what to say besides that haha.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-03-03, 13:14
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

I don't know what to say besides that haha.

faggot.

Old 2010-03-03, 13:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
The longest recorded hangover lasted four weeks:

In September 2007, The Lancet, among the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals in the world, published a case report by three doctors in Glasgow about a man who made his way to the hospital's ER, complaining of "blurred vision and a persistent dull headache" which he'd had for 4 weeks. Following a patient history and an exam, the doctors had no clue why he was so miserable.

Then he mentioned that it all kind of started following a domestic squabble, which sent him on a 4-day, 60-pint bender. The beer had so dehydrated him that he developed cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (in other words, he drank himself into having a stroke).
- http://www.askmen.com/entertainment...didnt-know.html

Fuck me.

I've never really been the type to pine for a drink during times of stress; however I'm feeling before drinking is usually multiplied during and after drinking.

Damn, that guy is not a laffe borrelaar!

Old 2010-03-03, 14:46
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Damn, that guy is not a laffe borrelaar!

What's a laffe borrelaar?

Btw, the best hangover cure is JEW FOOD. I'm not kidding, it's magical.

Old 2010-03-03, 15:05
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum

I like Jews, but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

*ba dum, tish*

Old 2010-03-03, 15:42
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum

A ''laffe borrelaar'' is Dutch for someone that fails to drink enough on any random evening. The ''laffe borrelaar'' is the first one that says;

-I don't want anymore beer.
-I'll have a coke.
-My stomach is sore.
-I don't like that brand of beer.
-I'm on medicines dude!
-I have to go home.
-Etc. etc. etc.

The ''laffe borrelaar'' is basically the fag of the evening!

Old 2010-03-03, 19:09
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

hahahahaha

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-03-05, 02:34
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Does anybody else seem to get fucked up more off of beer than hard alcohol? I can handle 10+ shots in a night (slightly spread out, mind you!), but if I slowly drank 10 beers right now I would probably feel like shit and be so cross-eyed my head would explode.

Being really drunk off of beer just makes things confusing and nauseating. But being drunk off of vodka is just faster and more fun, and the "spins" recovery period is like 5 times faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspendedByTheThroat
faggot.

that turns me on a.k.a i have a boner.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-03-05, 05:17
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
A ''laffe borrelaar'' is Dutch for someone that fails to drink enough on any random evening. The ''laffe borrelaar'' is the first one that says;

-I don't want anymore beer.
-I'll have a coke.
-My stomach is sore.
-I don't like that brand of beer.
-I'm on medicines dude!
-I have to go home.
-Etc. etc. etc.

The ''laffe borrelaar'' is basically the fag of the evening!

I think the English term for that is "buzzkill" though it's a bit more broad. Man, fuck those laffe borelaar's. Fuck them in the butt. Who needs em!

Old 2010-03-09, 20:21
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Does anybody else seem to get fucked up more off of beer than hard alcohol? I can handle 10+ shots in a night (slightly spread out, mind you!), but if I slowly drank 10 beers right now I would probably feel like shit and be so cross-eyed my head would explode.

Being really drunk off of beer just makes things confusing and nauseating. But being drunk off of vodka is just faster and more fun, and the "spins" recovery period is like 5 times faster.

lightweight

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-03-10, 08:14
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

buuuurrrnnnn

I'd say I gotta drink more but I REALLY don't need to and shouldn't.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-03-10, 13:07
Dystopia
Post-whore

Marijuana, with a joint and a crutch rolled around it for smooth BIG hits. Bongs and pipes are, meh.

Old 2010-03-10, 15:56
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

If this doesn't cure your hangover, I don't know what will: http://fletchowns.net/what.html