MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-11-07, 01:12
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I'd like info about USB 3 speed turntables

I didn't see a good place to put this besides here so I hope it's okay. Maybe some of you vinyl collectors can help me out. I have a couple hundred 33 1/3's and probably close to 100 old 78's. Two of the 78's are oversized and only recorded on one side so I'm not sure if they'll fit anything, but that's not a big deal. Are there any features I should look for specifically to get the best recordings I can? I can't afford to spend a ton of money, but I'd like something at least worthy. Thanks for your help!

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-11-07, 03:11
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I love my Stanton. They're reasonably priced, simple, and pretty sharp looking.

Here's a T.92 with 3 speeds and USB: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...able?sku=500735 for $299. If you go into guitar center you can almost always get them knock of the tax and if you show them this listening maybe even the price.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-08, 20:30
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

i know you ar elooking for 3 speeds but...

i know radio shack (the source or whatever it is now) has some ok ones for an OK price. mine is from there and its the same as the ones you can get at the sony store (i think they are called sony style now) at a mall. however i dont have a usb turntable, just a regular plug into a streo one... also vinyl record stores do have some great tables too, but they tend to be a little $$.

Old 2009-11-10, 15:21
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Thanks guys. The closest vinyl stores are up in Cleveland so that's a bit out of the way, but I hadn't even thought of a place like that.
That's a nice unit. I don't know if I need something that industrial. It's good to see the features though.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!