MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

RTT #150: When a problem comes along,

YOU MUST WHIP IT!

Oh and since this looked so insightful I though I'd add it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
They are talking about clinical depression, not sadness. Clinical depression is a mental illness. Sadness is a mood that comes and goes with the appropriate stimuli. Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance that can't be controlled without strong medication. Clinical depression can cause the sadness you talk about, but it doesn't necessarily, and frequently the two won't be associated at all.

Clinical depression is more frustrating than saddening. What it usually does is kill a person's energy levels, leaves them disinterested in their main interests, robs them of their will to complete daily chores and activities, destroys their sex drive, causes bizarre and frequent mood swings, and causes detachment from friends, significant others, and family. It makes every daily activity you engage in and many of us frequently take for granted 100 times harder than they should be.

People who suffer from depression often go through prolonged "down" periods where they find it extremely difficult to get out bed, to maintain personal hygeine (brushing teeth, showering, combing hair, etc.), to eat or to stop eating, to engage in any physical activity, to work, to engage in any sexual activity, and even to maintain meaningful conversations with friends and loved ones. They often find it extremely hard to fall asleep and harder still to wake up!

Interestingly, those suffering from clinical depression are more likely than those who don't to suffer from anxiety disorders.

Old 2009-04-15, 01:56
guitar_demon
MotörCat

BEFORE THE CREAM SITS OUT TOO LONG

YOU MUST WHIP IT
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2009-04-15, 02:05
blitz906
Okay.

Haha ^^

Oh, I almost forgot...

CUNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-04-15, 02:08
Pr0az
Post-whore

Speaking of depression, I could actually shoot my self in the fucking face right now....

Old 2009-04-15, 03:27
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I have a lot of depression in my circle of friends (multiple suicide attempts, lots of meds, therapists, psych wards, etc), and I can say that I've had a very "hands-on" experience with discovering a lot about the subject. It really brings you back into reality.

Oh btw, you know when people say that even when people joke about suicide that it's dangerous? And then one of your friends jokes about it and you just laugh it off? Don't... those "jokes" are basically a subconscious message coming out in a disguise.

However... they could just as well be joking!

That's why it sucks so much, so I suggest you all get drunk

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2009-04-15, 06:15
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

what I hate is people that say they are depressed but are just being bitches. You can't be sure though.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-04-15, 06:37
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

You mean Emo?

I gotta get myself one of these! HELMET!

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-04-15, 07:47
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Fuck, didn't notice the new RTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny
lol paddy

& no not recently

last time i did it was about 4 or 5 years ago around 2am walking back to a mates house from the empire & there's a wee church stall there that gives out free tea & coffee i walked past then i heard "free tea or coffee" done a u-turn got coffee & started talking to them they got a cleryman to come out to "save me" i knew the "bible" better than him, i turned what he said around, 2 hours later we were still talking & he gave up! wuss!! lol he was exhausted & i could have talked & argued for another 2 hours!! before he left he said "i'll pray to jesus for your soul" i replied "my soul belongs to me not jesus not anyone else & certainly not a wanna-be-cleryman like you" grinned & my mate was dragging me away at this stage lol

the jesus army don't come near me anymore which is no fun! lol
Hahaha was the the "Power to Change" crew? They accosted me a few times, and were successful mainly because free coffee and a laugh is too good a thing to pass up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
They are talking about clinical depression, not sadness. Clinical depression is a mental illness. Sadness is a mood that comes and goes with the appropriate stimuli. Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance that can't be controlled without strong medication. Clinical depression can cause the sadness you talk about, but it doesn't necessarily, and frequently the two won't be associated at all.

Clinical depression is more frustrating than saddening. What it usually does is kill a person's energy levels, leaves them disinterested in their main interests, robs them of their will to complete daily chores and activities, destroys their sex drive, causes bizarre and frequent mood swings, and causes detachment from friends, significant others, and family. It makes every daily activity you engage in and many of us frequently take for granted 100 times harder than they should be.

People who suffer from depression often go through prolonged "down" periods where they find it extremely difficult to get out bed, to maintain personal hygeine (brushing teeth, showering, combing hair, etc.), to eat or to stop eating, to engage in any physical activity, to work, to engage in any sexual activity, and even to maintain meaningful conversations with friends and loved ones. They often find it extremely hard to fall asleep and harder still to wake up!

Interestingly, those suffering from clinical depression are more likely than those who don't to suffer from anxiety disorders.
+50

My recent completion of a 9-month marathon of dental treatment is testament to that! haha

It turned out that the primary trigger for my depression was social anxiety-related issues, which is unfortunate; they compliment each other quite well. Anxiety helps keep you a prisoner in your own home and makes every social interaction a source of self-loathing, providing fertile ground for the seeds of depression, which in turn strengthens the anxiety because the depressed state keeps you at home, too, which gives the anxiety plenty of time to develop further and reinforces the picture you have of yourself, and before you know it you've joined MetalTabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Guess what???

I finally made it to 1000 posts....it took me for fuckin' ever....you post whores have no lives!!!
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

I know how you feel, it took me about 4 years to break the 100 post barrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
You mean Emo?
Amen!

Old 2009-04-15, 08:09
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I gotta get myself one of these! HELMET!

Wow...

There are no words to describe the absurdity of something like that

Couldn't you just make a homemade one out of aluminum foil?
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-04-15, 08:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Wow...

There are no words to describe the absurdity of something like that

Couldn't you just make a homemade one out of aluminum foil?
Besides it's obvious absurdity, if we assume that aliens are real and that alien abductions do happen, what the fuck difference does it make if you're wearing a helmet which prevents them from reading/controlling your thoughts?? I abduct and perform anal-probing centred experiments on midgets, but I can't read their fuckin' minds, plus Rohypnol sprinkled over a jelly bean pretty much gives me free reign to do whatever the fuck my loins feel like.

There is a chance that it does work though, because if you were an alien wanting to experiment on another species of intelligent life, would you waste time, funding and energy on a dickhead who thinks that something he bought from a website which looks like it was designed by ShitWebs Ltd. is actually gonna help him fight a gang of intergalactic Josef Mengeles?

Then again, it tends to be hillbillies and crystal energy believers who get abducted the most, so who the fuck knows?

Old 2009-04-15, 10:56
blitz906
Okay.

Haha

(Assuming that life on other planets does exist) I've always wondered why they seem to be so interested in hillbillies and cattle, which are probably the two most unintelligent forms of life on this planet

Why would other intelligent beings from other planets or galaxies be preoccupied with people like this?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-15, 11:03
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
what I hate is people that say they are depressed but are just being bitches. You can't be sure though.

Oh fuck yeah, some people are just attention whores.

They need to cowboy the fuck up and have a beer, cheer up you sad bitches and enjoy life or get the fuck outta my face!

Old 2009-04-15, 12:12
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Haha

(Assuming that life on other planets does exist) I've always wondered why they seem to be so interested in hillbillies and cattle, which are probably the two most unintelligent forms of life on this planet

Why would other intelligent beings from other planets or galaxies be preoccupied with people like this?
That's the cover of my latest book, "Paddy's Two Daddies".

Oprah has expressed an interest, strangely enough.

Old 2009-04-15, 12:21
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-15, 12:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's not depression! That's pms with a bit of menopause thrown in!
My neighbor was talking about having SAD and her doc putting her on a mild med because he was afraid she was suicidal. She said she was gradually coming off them since the light factor is increasing now. My advice to her? I told her she should have just smoked a joint and it would have been a lot cheaper and less hazardous to her health. She laughed. We can't be on the phone for 5 minutes without getting into a fit of laughter over something. We've been friends for about 47 years. She's a month older than me which I NEVER let her forget. And we email each other even though she lives right next door.

When you guys and girls were talking about your teen years and depression I saw cutting come up. Someone said they didn't know why they felt that way. I had some training for work in topics like that when I was working and had been around both real cutters and poser cutters like you talked about. As I skimmed through my notes from classes the main thing I found was an imbalance of chemicals purely due to growth in adolescence provided there were no other critical experiences in the person's past or pending such as abusive situations or death of a loved one. Stress a key factor. It seems to happen more in the early tee years when mental functions as well as biological ones are adjusting. By the time a person gets into the later teen years it mellows out. Some continue for clinical reasons, but most pass.
I know some of the kids I knew to be cutters were on both sides of the fence. Some were real and some were the biggest drama queens you could imagine. Feeling alone in their thoughts was big with the true cutters who were trying to bleed out their pain. The posers would cut for awhile and then move on to some other form for attention. We had one girl that changed her religion about every 2 weeks, off and on vegetarian, decided her rich grandmother was going to take her -- didn't happen.
Being around abused or neglected kids for almost 9 years was a real eye opener for me. Truthfully, I wish I'd known about the cutting thing sooner because one of my kids was one and I saw the marks, but accepted his explanations for them. Had I known I'd have approached it differently. I must say that he had a very strong bond with his friends and they no doubt were positive influences. I pried out of one some of the problem, but not that part of it. It did help me to help my son.
I also have a son that's bipolar so that's something I'm learning about more. That started in his early teens so that's an example of a biological imbalance. He's on meds and it's helping him. His son has some autistic tendencies.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-04-15, 13:45
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
That's not depression! That's pms with a bit of menopause thrown in!
My neighbor was talking about having SAD and her doc putting her on a mild med because he was afraid she was suicidal. She said she was gradually coming off them since the light factor is increasing now. My advice to her? I told her she should have just smoked a joint and it would have been a lot cheaper and less hazardous to her health. She laughed. We can't be on the phone for 5 minutes without getting into a fit of laughter over something. We've been friends for about 47 years. She's a month older than me which I NEVER let her forget. And we email each other even though she lives right next door.

When you guys and girls were talking about your teen years and depression I saw cutting come up. Someone said they didn't know why they felt that way. I had some training for work in topics like that when I was working and had been around both real cutters and poser cutters like you talked about. As I skimmed through my notes from classes the main thing I found was an imbalance of chemicals purely due to growth in adolescence provided there were no other critical experiences in the person's past or pending such as abusive situations or death of a loved one. Stress a key factor. It seems to happen more in the early tee years when mental functions as well as biological ones are adjusting. By the time a person gets into the later teen years it mellows out. Some continue for clinical reasons, but most pass.
I know some of the kids I knew to be cutters were on both sides of the fence. Some were real and some were the biggest drama queens you could imagine. Feeling alone in their thoughts was big with the true cutters who were trying to bleed out their pain. The posers would cut for awhile and then move on to some other form for attention. We had one girl that changed her religion about every 2 weeks, off and on vegetarian, decided her rich grandmother was going to take her -- didn't happen.
Being around abused or neglected kids for almost 9 years was a real eye opener for me. Truthfully, I wish I'd known about the cutting thing sooner because one of my kids was one and I saw the marks, but accepted his explanations for them. Had I known I'd have approached it differently. I must say that he had a very strong bond with his friends and they no doubt were positive influences. I pried out of one some of the problem, but not that part of it. It did help me to help my son.
I also have a son that's bipolar so that's something I'm learning about more. That started in his early teens so that's an example of a biological imbalance. He's on meds and it's helping him. His son has some autistic tendencies.
Stress is a good word to use. Mental illness in general isn't an immediate reaction to something, it's a culmination of factors over many years (at least when it's not chemical), and stress/stressful memories is always central in one way or another.

One of the hardest things to deal with when you're diagnosed with something like clinical depression is the scepticism of important figures in your life, like a parent. It's not denial in the sense that they don't want to believe their child is in turmoil (maybe it is in a very, very round about way) it's almost like a resentment, like "you can't possibly have any reason to feel this way, so fuck ya". So you have the stigma of being mentally ill to deal with, as well as the stress of a parent thinking you're faking or attention seeking, and all of this on top of the illness itself.

I hear a lot of scepticism about anti-depressants, and a lot of it is justified, but you can't argue with the results when the doc nails it and finds the drug that works best for you. Especially so if the problem is chemical - no amount of talking is going to make the chemicals in your brain reset themselves to the correct quantities. But if it's not chemical, the drugs combined with therapy is usually an amazing combination compared to just therapy or just drugs.

I've been on anti-D's (which double-up as anti-anxiety medication) since 2001, with a hiatus of maybe 6 months along the way. One drug that I absolutely would never ever take ever again is Efexor. If anyone reading this is offered this drug by their doc, refuse.

I don't think the drug itself is terribly strong, but the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable and almost instantaneous. By that I mean, if you miss your usual medication time by even just a few hours, the effects begin. There are three main symptoms that hit you the hardest:

1. Brain Shivers. That's right, I said brain shivers. I didn't know what they were called until I looked it up years after I quit taking them, so I had trouble explaining it to the doc. Every now and again you get this sensation in your brain; it feels like a painless electric shock which shoots through your head and it rattles you up, leaving you slightly dazed and with blurred vision for a few seconds, as if you've been thumped on the back of the head really hard (again, it's painless, but the symptoms are the same). Weirdly, if you move your eyeballs to the left, as if you're trying to see something in your peripheral vision, you get an extremely BIG brain shiver which nearly knocks you off your feet. It doesn't happen if you move your eyes to the right. Fucking weird.

2. Dizziness and a general feeling of drunkenness (without the impairment of thought/speech). It's like when you spin around really fast for a minute or so, and then stop - you feel yourself being dragged by an unseen force towards the direction you were spinning. With these pills, you feel that way, but the direction you feel drawn towards changes every few seconds, like you're trying to stand stationary on a rocking boat. You feel a little dazed most of the time, but in combination with the brain shivers you're pretty much at the mercy of your symptoms haha.

3. Nausea. Plain and simple. No vomiting though, which was nice.

I tried coming off of these pills several times before I finally made it. Remember that the symptoms above begin if you miss taking your pills at the usual time, so imagine what it's like if you are told to go cold turkey. My dad had to keep ringing to doc to get reassurance that I was safe with these symptoms, and my dad was a nurse for most of his life, working in mental health! haha. The worst drug I've ever had. Plus I'm convinced that I felt better once I had stopped taking them, as if they were making me slightly more depressed (not because of the withdrawal symptoms, just in general).

Oh, and the main side effect of Efexor is that you will never have a proper erection again until you quit taking them, and even if you do somehow get it up and running for longer than 10 seconds, you'll pretty much never orgasm properly again - it's like when you try to sneeze and someone bumps into you, you just want to kill the fucker. Most of the time when I was knocking one out I finished out of sheer spite for my cock rather than to attain actual pleasure. Friction burns on your meat is a new kind of pain.

Frustration? You don't know the meaning of the word.

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-04-15 at 13:48.

Old 2009-04-15, 14:23
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

So do you continue to have after effects from that drug? That sounds pretty bizarre. I'm glad you shared your experience with it. Did you talk to your dad or a clinician about what you were experiencing mentally? If you don't mind me asking or tell me to go to hell. I know you would.

From what my son has said just realizing that he had a problem was a big factor is learning to live with it and he really wants to help others learn to live with it, too. Some of his process is cognitive. I know certain stress triggers I have I've learned to rethink so it doesn't become a bigger problem if it is indeed a problem. Some social situations I balk at, but I'm not a total house hermit like I've been called. I'm just not a social butterfly. I never have been.

Sometimes a one to one conversation was hard to have with my kids, but for some reason going for a drive was a good initiator. And now, even though he's right upstairs on his computer, my eldest and I talk about his treatment and issues online. I've opened up a lot to them and they to me. We both learn.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2009-04-15, 14:58
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
So do you continue to have after effects from that drug? That sounds pretty bizarre. I'm glad you shared your experience with it. Did you talk to your dad or a clinician about what you were experiencing mentally? If you don't mind me asking or tell me to go to hell. I know you would.

From what my son has said just realizing that he had a problem was a big factor is learning to live with it and he really wants to help others learn to live with it, too. Some of his process is cognitive. I know certain stress triggers I have I've learned to rethink so it doesn't become a bigger problem if it is indeed a problem. Some social situations I balk at, but I'm not a total house hermit like I've been called. I'm just not a social butterfly. I never have been.

Sometimes a one to one conversation was hard to have with my kids, but for some reason going for a drive was a good initiator. And now, even though he's right upstairs on his computer, my eldest and I talk about his treatment and issues online. I've opened up a lot to them and they to me. We both learn.
No no, thankfully the effects only lasted a few weeks, when I went cold turkey that is - they would hit me every few days when I was taking them regularly, mainly because it's difficult to make sure you're able to take them at roughly the same time every day (if you oversleep, for instance, you'll have missed your usual time slot haha).

As most people seem to agree, talking to your dad about this sort of thing is virtually impossible haha. I talked to my mum and my doc, and I did have about 5 months of CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) which was directed primarily at the anxiety. It seems to have helped a fair bit - I can now make phone calls and walk into shops with relative ease My dad is a sufferer of depression, too, which would indicate to most people that it'd make things easier to talk about, but the opposite is true (at least when it comes to the father-son side of things). I don't think it's particular to my family, I think this is the case generally.

Accepting what's happening to you is a big part of dealing with it, and I don't mean that to sound like an episode of 90210 haha. For me, knowing my limitations is something that's helped a lot, as has learning to predict certain phases and plan around them accordingly. You can sort of sense when a wave of despair is on its way, and you can make things pass much more smoothly if you prepare for it. I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but I sometimes write notes to myself from within both moods. Like, Happy Paddy talking to Depressed Paddy, and vice versa (when the depression permits!). It can help you see the significant change in perspective, and sometimes it's glaring; it's very easy to forget the things you've learned about depression and how to cope with it when the depression itself is in full swing, so a little reminder can help out! Like "Alright Depressed-but-handsome Paddy, you're probably thinking [whatever] right now, but I'm here to tell you that it's bollocks, and here's why..." Sounds stupid, but it works for me haha.

Old 2009-04-15, 19:17
Transient
HES BAAACK

what on earth is happening to this forum??????????????

Old 2009-04-15, 19:24
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

lol transient well this *is* the random-talk-about-what-you-want-sometimes- bullshit-sometimes-good-thread!!

& i dunno paddy i gots free coffee & managed to annoy a clergyman so it was all good!! lol

& my new battery for my netbook arrived today! charging as we speak am well chuffed!! the one that came with it was pants but hey i didn't buy it (the netbook) so can't complain lol

today at work i watched/recorded "watch" & a shit load of "razzledazzle"

razzledazzle was better than the other progs i was recording so sat and watched it all day lol

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a clump of smegma" one of the other inmates describing me.

Old 2009-04-15, 20:09
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient

Dunno, but Paddy will be the first person to pass Def's post count.

Old 2009-04-15, 20:11
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
HAHAHA! Welcome to the self-help thread, muthafucka!

Quote:
today at work i watched/recorded "watch" & a shit load of "razzledazzle"

razzledazzle was better than the other progs i was recording so sat and watched it all day lol
I watched something called RazzleDazzle once, but I don't think it was the same thing you saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Dunno, but Paddy will be the first person to pass Def's post count.
WRONG! My posts are few, mainly because I pack pretty much everything I possibly can into a single post at the expense of readability and friends. I will certainly be taking up more of Nomad's webspace than anyone else within the year, so stay tuned for the big crash!

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-04-15 at 20:13.

Old 2009-04-15, 20:13
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

lol paddy

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a clump of smegma" one of the other inmates describing me.

Old 2009-04-15, 21:55
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, my son said he felt similar at times knowing he was going to spike one way or the other so yeah, your tactics aren't unique. I dunno. I think with a guy there's more hesitation talking about a problem with his dad than with a mom or a woman in general. With a parent it's got to be hard to detach and not feel blame. Although some people just don't talk much about personal stuff to anyone. I never did talk to my parents about my problems. I still really don't. I'm better, but I really didn't until I started working with kids at the Home. I wish I'd known sooner.

Old 2009-04-15, 22:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Paddy, my son said he felt similar at times knowing he was going to spike one way or the other so yeah, your tactics aren't unique. I dunno. I think with a guy there's more hesitation talking about a problem with his dad than with a mom or a woman in general. With a parent it's got to be hard to detach and not feel blame. Although some people just don't talk much about personal stuff to anyone. I never did talk to my parents about my problems. I still really don't. I'm better, but I really didn't until I started working with kids at the Home. I wish I'd known sooner.
Ahh such is life! haha

The thing about talking is, I think there's only so much you need to discuss anyway. I mean, talking for me was more about ironing out deeply felt confusions, misunderstandings and getting a handle on past "events", and of course learning coping skills. There's never been much in the way of discussing minute-to-minute feelings in the Oprah Winfrey sense haha. I don't think it's helpful, and you don't really move forward if that's all you talk about. So I don't think I'd missed out on much in that respect - my very direct and focused questions/discussions were such that they didn't require extended chats with dozens of different people, if you know what I mean.

I can relate to the blame issue, because my folks (especially my dad) feel responsible for my problems. It's just a parent thing, I think haha. The helplessness is a major part of that - if they're not responsible for the illness they must be responsible for not being able to fix it, or some bullshit logic like that! My younger brother is in the same boat as me, and as his older bro I feel partly to blame for his problems too, if only because he'd grown up seeing me this way, but also because of the famous brotherly fighting thing you hear about in movies I think that maybe my nasty words back then were reinforcing shit he was getting at school or whatever...that's just the way the minds of loved ones work, I guess. Profound (and usually unjustified) guilt is a horrible yet common addendum to depression and for those with depressive loved ones.

This is probably a little heavy for a general chat thread on a metal forum!

Old 2009-04-15, 22:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Now that's hilarious. Too heavy for a metal thread. Yep! The thing is with my son it's a hereditary thing in there. His son has some stuff going on, too, and there's no way that's anything but hereditary. That's another story though.

Old 2009-04-15, 22:42
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Now that's hilarious. Too heavy for a metal thread. Yep! The thing is with my son it's a hereditary thing in there. His son has some stuff going on, too, and there's no way that's anything but hereditary. That's another story though.
Hahaha there was very nearly a pun there! A lucky escape for all involved parties

Ahh yes, there is definitely evidence for genetic predispositions to certain personality traits/types. But you're lucky in a way, because you guys know exactly what to look out for and how to deal with it (at least better than if it had been sprung on you all of a sudden).

I'm never having kids (of my own free will!) and the fact that I'll probably never be rid of this shit is one of the reasons for that decision. The genetic theory is another reason. Me and my little bro are my dad's biological kids, and my three half-brothers are obviously without my dad's DNA and are seemingly without depression, so it's a possibility that genes have played a part here, too!

Shit, if it's genetic we're screwed, unless someone can hook a microwave up to my skull.

Old 2009-04-15, 22:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Since my parentage is uncertain because of my adoption there was no way to tell if there was any history of it prior to me. Of course, I'm kind of thankful that I have turned out to be an okay person and maybe a different reality would have made things not quite as good or maybe better, but that I'll never know.

Old 2009-04-15, 23:04
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Since my parentage is uncertain because of my adoption there was no way to tell if there was any history of it prior to me. Of course, I'm kind of thankful that I have turned out to be an okay person and maybe a different reality would have made things not quite as good or maybe better, but that I'll never know.
Yeah, you turned out just fine! You're a mother who plays guitar and listens to metal, what more could be asked of you?? haha Never underestimate the "cool" factor you posses

Old 2009-04-15, 23:06
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Aww, now I'm blushing. Thanks.

Old 2009-04-16, 00:36
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

SHAPE IT UP!

GET STRAIGHT!

Old 2009-04-16, 00:44
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
SHAPE IT UP!

GET STRAIGHT!
But I don't wanna

Old 2009-04-16, 01:22
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Metaltabs is making me depressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2009-04-16, 01:27
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

whoa, it took alcohol to get me to this site...

blahhhh!!!
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2009-04-16, 02:21
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy

WRONG! My posts are few, mainly because I pack pretty much everything I possibly can into a single post at the expense of readability and friends. I will certainly be taking up more of Nomad's webspace than anyone else within the year, so stay tuned for the big crash!

I don't know man, I see your posts everywhere plus they are a wall of text.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-04-16, 03:13
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

blahhhh!!!

Holy shit whats up powers!

Old 2009-04-16, 03:45
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

blahhhh!!!

haha, MetalTabs is that fat ugly whore you screw when you're drunk and then regret when you sober up.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2009-04-16, 03:52
The Execrator
Noob lud

Should the rest of us feel bad for screwing her sober?

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2009-04-16, 04:03
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Yea, you should shoot yourself

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-04-16, 09:36
blitz906
Okay.

I saw this video a few years ago... it creeped me out then, and it still creeps me out now.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/304117/

I'm sure Paddy will love it though
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-16, 11:24
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
I don't know man, I see your posts everywhere plus they are a wall of text.
I'm just making up for lost time! Nearly 5 years of membership and I only recently made it past 200 posts. I wanna be like you guys with a quadruple figure post count

That will mean girls will let me do sex inside their fannies, yes? If not, what the fuck am I doing here??

Quote:
I saw this video a few years ago... it creeped me out then, and it still creeps me out now.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/304117/

I'm sure Paddy will love it though
I had a wank to that

However, technically that's a dwarf, not a midget (notice the abnormally long arms in relation to the rest of the body). You really gotta know this sort of thing if you want to join my Elite Midget Detective Agency: Solving Midget-Based Mysteries Since 1989.

It's all there in my Midget Hunter's Guide to the Galaxy audiobook series. Chapter 4 of the very first book deals with the problem of spotting midgets when they disguise themselves as dwarves to avoid capture, by having a larger man kneel behind them and putting his arms through the midget's sleeves.

Old 2009-04-16, 11:48
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

You are wanking to self-made videos?

I think this video was made in Paddys basement.....

In between this whole Forum is much adorableeeerrrr with a load of beer in your tummy
Great idea though....

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-04-16, 11:56
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
You are wanking to self-made videos?

I think this video was made in Paddys basement.....

In between this whole Forum is much adorableeeerrrr with a load of beer in your tummy
Great idea though....
How did you know that was me? I was wearing a gimp mask!

Old 2009-04-16, 12:41
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
You really gotta know this sort of thing if you want to join my Elite Midget Detective Agency: Solving Midget-Based Mysteries Since 1989.

Can I join?!?! PLEASE PLEASE?!?!?

What's the initiation?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-16, 12:47
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Can I join?!?! PLEASE PLEASE?!?!?

What's the initiation?
If you lick my neck while I watch porn I'll forego the usual Ł5,000,000 entrance fee.

Old 2009-04-16, 12:58
blitz906
Okay.

Shave your neck first and we'll talk
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-16, 13:04
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Shave your neck first and we'll talk
If you agree to start paying my scarf expenses then I might.

Old 2009-04-16, 13:28
blitz906
Okay.

I can send you a scarf that I made out of various socks I've found over the years in dumpsters and the women's change room at the swimming pool. Some of them have crusty stains and a peculiar pungent odor (which I cannot identify, even after hours of sniffing).

You pay the shipping and handling, and I'll Febreze it before I mail it!
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-16, 13:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Hi powersoft' ! How's the viola business? There's a builder on HGTV that looks like he could be your brother. Scary thought that there would be 2 of you.

Paddy, on you tube there's a version of the Jimmy Castor song "Trogledyte" that Hoolihan and Big Chuck did on their old show. There's a "little person" playing an important part in it. Kinda sexy, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0 They used to play the song on the radio back when AM was the thing.

Old 2009-04-16, 17:46
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
How did you know that was me? I was wearing a gimp mask!

Wasn`t that difficult to see...only you would dance with a dwarf and rape her afterwards in all possible positions.

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-04-16, 18:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, clear out your pm's!!!

Old 2009-04-16, 18:22
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Hi powersoft' ! How's the viola business? There's a builder on HGTV that looks like he could be your brother. Scary thought that there would be 2 of you.

Paddy, on you tube there's a version of the Jimmy Castor song "Trogledyte" that Hoolihan and Big Chuck did on their old show. There's a "little person" playing an important part in it. Kinda sexy, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0 They used to play the song on the radio back when AM was the thing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is quiet possibly the greatest thing ever made by human beings.

Bertha Butt (one of the Butt sisters, I understand) is my kinda lady! SOCK IT TO ME!

Quote:
Wasn`t that difficult to see...only you would dance with a dwarf and rape her afterwards in all possible positions.

All possible positions? You mean, in the fanny and also against the side of the face? I'm not an animal!

Old 2009-04-16, 18:35
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I thought you'd like that.

Old 2009-04-16, 18:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I thought you'd like that.
I just noticed your message about the PMs, you must have posted it a split second before I posted my last reply haha. I hate when that happens

Old 2009-04-16, 22:21
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

No midget or dwarf can compete with The Goddess Bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBeBuVKXL0

I remember when I first saw this YEAARRS back, it was hosted on some random site that had nothing but the video on it with no text or music. Just her weird sounds. It scared the living shit out of me.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-04-16, 22:32
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

It's 3 at night, you wake up in them iddle of your living room, standing, the TV is on, playing that shit on repeat.

How do you react? Discuss.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2009-04-16, 23:31
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Should the rest of us feel bad for screwing her sober?

this made me LOL

Old 2009-04-16, 23:39
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
No midget or dwarf can compete with The Goddess Bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBeBuVKXL0

I remember when I first saw this YEAARRS back, it was hosted on some random site that had nothing but the video on it with no text or music. Just her weird sounds. It scared the living shit out of me.
I imagine fucking him would produce a sound similar to that made by a smashed xylophone tumbling down a flight of stairs. I also imagine that, given his zero-meat earthly presence, his cock could probably pass through a cigarette paper without puncturing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
It's 3 at night, you wake up in them iddle of your living room, standing, the TV is on, playing that shit on repeat.

How do you react? Discuss.
It's funny you should mention that, I had this playing on loop in one of my restraint rooms when I was trying to break the will of a Turk.

Your scenario is genuinely harrowing, though. I imagine the room in is bathed in a blueish haze, lit only by the sickly glow from the television, and the volume is so loud that each click of his dancing shoes sends a sharp pain through the part of your skull just behind the ear. You suddenly realise how vulnerable you are, standing in the centre of this darkened room with every one of your senses sharp and adrenaline soaked. You're too afraid to move and are too afraid to stand still, and the mounting heat inside your body and the confusion of the spectacle you are witnessing unleashes memories of every deeply creepy nightmare you've ever had, and those monsters and multi-headed insects and dying children are with you now, standing just beyond the scope of your peripheral vision, waiting for an involuntary micro muscular spasm by way of a signal to strike. So you stand there, trying to subdue your trembling body with incessant, repetitive reassurances, over and over in your head. One final impossibly loud crack of the shoes sends your mind into overdrive and you're sure you just lost what remained of your sanity, as noise and screams and wailing sirens grow louder and shriek your ears into submission, until...

Then you wake up, and you realise you just had the worst nightmare of your life. A sigh of relief so heavy that there's an audible groan as the air passes over your vocal chords echoes around the house. But wait...is that the ticking of your clock you can hear across the room? No, surely not...the ticking is too sporadic, the volume too irregular. You open your bleary eyes just a crack, and in pours that sickening blue phosphorescence and the nightmare begins again.

In all seriousness, this is probably what's recorded on that tape from The Ring.

Old 2009-04-17, 00:01
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay. That video was nothing compared to the Evil Version and the interview with the NEKKID PERSON (!) and the little black midget in it. He ripped off her rent and ran off with another bootycall!

If I have nightmares tonight.

Old 2009-04-17, 00:09
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Hey Paddy: how about a triple-amputee black midget dancing at the beach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Vv...feature=related
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-04-17, 00:14
blitz906
Okay.

Hahaha that Goddess Bunny video thing is disturbing. Paddy pretty much summed it up in his last post

check this one out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuaZKBABO0

Hahahahahahah!!
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-17, 00:23
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
check this one out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuaZKBABO0

Hahahahahahah!!
The Laughing German Midget was the name of my first nightclub, and the midget featured in the clip (Hans Small) attended the opening ceremony, immediately after which I fucked him rotten.

Old 2009-04-17, 00:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Old 2009-04-17, 00:45
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Hey Paddy: how about a triple-amputee black midget dancing at the beach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Vv...feature=related
Look at those "come to my tiny little bed" eyes:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/74...addy2378678.png

I wonder what he can do with that massive finger he has growing out of his right-shoulder.

"That boy measures up, let me tell ya!" - Well, I'm here to tell you that he don't measure up to nothin', son! I barely even noticed he had penetrated my midget perimeter.

Lads, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly deeply and irreversibly disturbed by these creatures. Being a midget is fine, but why does this crazy man-bitch look like she hasn't eaten since the 1980s? And why does the black guy still have a wiggly worm arm instead of just having it removed?

I'm currently watching these clips with my midget girlfriend, and she says she's disgusted by it, and she also said that she's gonna give me a Dutch Mallet tonight (the girl farts warm buttery loveliness onto your balls, then you fire off a pooh-seeking creamsicle into the cave from whence the stench arose, and then she farts again, this time spraying your spunk all over your crotch, at which point she beats you around the head with a mallet with "Dutch" written along the shaft, knocking you unconscious. If you awake within the hour, you get to puncture her womb with a metal stick, but if you remain unconscious beyond the hour you have to let her fart cummy shit into your mouth and you must gargle the Dutch national anthem). So, I'm far too busy to be watching these abominations of the skeleton.

Quote:
Now THIS is what I call first class midgetry. They're healthy, asexual fun-loving criminals who don't take no shit from nobody no how! That Hungry Bunny and Worm-arm McGee need to get their act together and be proper midgets like these guys.

Drunken German midgets, I salute you.

Old 2009-04-17, 00:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Ah shit. I just told my husband I knew why midgets are so funny now. Then I made the mistake of mentioning the transvestite. He's questioning what the heck I'm into now!!
Luci, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Old 2009-04-17, 01:12
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Ah shit. I just told my husband I knew why midgets are so funny now. Then I made the mistake of mentioning the transvestite. He's questioning what the heck I'm into now!!
Luci, you got some 'splainin' to do!
If I know men - and I clearly do, quite intimately - I bet if you suggest chucking a few midgets into your bedroom gymnastics routine he wouldn't refuse, trannies or not!

Old 2009-04-17, 01:23
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

He just gave me Taco Bell and asked for a foot rub. I don't know what to think now.
Don't give him any ideas!

Old 2009-04-17, 01:40
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
He just gave me Taco Bell and asked for a foot rub. I don't know what to think now.
Don't give him any ideas!
But surely you know that Taco bell offerings are the midget equivalent of a guy combing the part in his hair to the right, or wearing an earring on his right ear, to show his gayness and to signal to other gays that he's looking for sexitimes! By accepting his tasty Mexican treat you have basically signed a contract allowing your husband to insert any number of midgets or midget accessories about your person!

Although the foot rub cancels out the original contract, so you might be alright. But for the love of GOD please never accept a VHS of Austin Powers 2 from him under a full moon on a Wednesday, or you're really in trouble, because Verne Troy would then legally own the deed to your home.

Old 2009-04-17, 02:08
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, I could fake playing hard to get without telling him I don't have a deed. It's not Wednesday on the other side of the world is it? He's looking rather blokish. I think it's the Welsh coming out. He's tried to hide it, but I can tell.

Old 2009-04-17, 12:23
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:

eh, I don't have a tv. And you won't have to worry any more that I used to play the DOUBLE BASS; because now, I'm authorized by the state to teach any musical instrument in the woodwinds/brass/percussion/orchestral areas of study.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2009-04-17, 16:10
Requiem
Post-whore

I need some folkway examples, pertaining to the American culture. Anyone have some ideas?

Old 2009-04-17, 18:16
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Midgets

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-04-17, 19:31
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Paddy, how about you and bunny come to the states and we round up some metaltabbers to watch Even Dwarfs Started Small?

Drinks are on me! And all other substances used to entertain ourselves during the viewing.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-04-17, 19:41
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

Quote:
Paddy, how about you and bunny come to the states and we round up some metaltabbers to watch Even Dwarfs Started Small?

Drinks are on me! And all other substances used to entertain ourselves during the viewing.

eh?? i'm not into midgets or drawfs & i'd have to meet paddy a few times first before i can decide whether i could cope with being on a plane with him or not lol

& besides bf would prob tag along too!! (fellow metal-head) & for my protection in case paddy gets all weird lol

----

& on a diff note am so fucking sleepy it's untrue, going back to see doc on wed & hopefully blood results will be back & they'll find out why i'm so sleepy all the time i suspect am low in iron myself

----

Old 2009-04-17, 19:54
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:

Unfortunately Homeland Security won't let me into the country after what I did during the Vietnam war (I threw midget droppings onto the Whitehouse from a hot air balloon as a form of protest. Not against the war - it was to try and have the age of consent for midgets dropped to 11). However, if you decide to have any off-shore MetalTabs gatherings on a big boat filled with midgets and women with big tits and low self-esteem sometime in the near future you can count me in! Just make sure you have plenty of 'ARNGE SODA!

Quote:
eh?? i'm not into midgets or drawfs & i'd have to meet paddy a few times first before i can decide whether i could cope with being on a plane with him or not lol
You gotta me shittin' me! (not literally, that'd just be weird) YOU'RE worried about what I'LL be like in a confined space?? Holy fucknuts, I wouldn't fly with you if you promised me a handjob (NOTICE MY HINT PLEASE).

Quote:
& besides bf would prob tag along too!! (fellow metal-head) & for my protection in case paddy gets all weird lol
Well, I suppose that'll be fine, but are you sure your boyfriend won't mind watching you fuck me with a strap-on? Most guys are a bit weird about that sort of thing.

Quote:
& on a diff note am so fucking sleepy it's untrue, going back to see doc on wed & hopefully blood results will be back & they'll find out why i'm so sleepy all the time i suspect am low in iron myself
Eat some meat! I have some here if you...ahhh I can't even be bothered.

Old 2009-04-17, 20:04
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

lol paddy fair enough but why wouldn't you fly with me?

hint noticed & in your dreams & then hint ignored - do it yourself you got hands ain't ya?? lol

*ignores other comment about bf*

rofl at meat comment - you def cheer me up if nowt else paddy

----

Old 2009-04-17, 20:13
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I want a redhead with blue pubes so I can make America.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2009-04-17, 20:21
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
lol paddy fair enough but why wouldn't you fly with me?
For the same reason that hardened UVF killers wouldn't take your seat in their own house

Quote:
hint noticed & in your dreams & then hint ignored - do it yourself you got hands ain't ya?? lol
One hand on the binoculars, and the other on a laser pointer which I use to distract the midgets across the street so they don't notice me sitting naked in my garden with a massive erection. They see the dancing red dot on their wall and try to catch it, thinking that it's extremely valuable pixie spunk, because that's what midgets do - they harvest pixie spunk, sell it, then buy little tuxedos and attend low ceiling balls. So as you can see I'm in dire need of a third hand, and if you're too selfish and uncaring to supply it, well, that's just fine. But don't even think about coming crying to me when your boyfriend admits he's gay and splits, and the only other man in the world who isn't too petrified to be naked in your presence is me. ME, I TELLS YA! You can apply a lemon juice-soaked cheese grater to my purple infantry helmet if you like, I CAN TAKE IT. Plus I deserve it because I'm a dirty slut.

Quote:
rofl at meat comment - you def cheer me up if nowt else paddy
If nowt else? So I'm a fuckin' clown? I amuse you? I'm here to fuckin' amuse YOU? How am I funny? How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? TELL ME?

This isn't a pop culture reference to a certain Italian-American midget from and certain Italian-American movie - I am genuinely offended

Quote:
I want a redhead with blue pubes so I can make America.
HAHAHA!

Old 2009-04-17, 20:33
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I did a little research on The Goddess Bunny (there's scant information about him anywhere online) and apparently he's not a midget, he was stricken with polio when he was a kid and this both stunted his growth and gave him the skeletal appearance you can see in the clip. The doctors tried shoving a metal rod in his spine to help with the symptoms, but they cocked it up and the guy was stuck like that from then on.

I feel much better about all of this now that we've talked it over.

Old 2009-04-17, 20:54
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

lol paddy what?? did i tell you the uvf guy was from belfast?? well i'm telling you now lol

so you're saying you're a gnome now??? rofl!!!!

& rofl you're just funny & in no way shape or form do i believe your offended!!

anyway night all xxx

----

Last edited by bunny : 2009-04-17 at 21:01.

Old 2009-04-17, 21:14
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

For Christopher: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/20...om_the_zoo.html

Thought you would enjoy these especially. Some of the pictures are awesome, adorable, and sad (concerning the Russian Zoo Caravan).

I fucking love The Big Picture.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-04-17, 23:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Those were cool! Some were pretty sad, but at least they're getting some help. Walpurgis was born at the Navy hospital right next door to the San Diego Zoo, too. I've been there. It's nice.

Old 2009-04-18, 04:33
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

The polar bear one was the best. I think I got a half chub off that.

Old 2009-04-18, 08:19
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Elephant skin & Ostrich were my favorites!

Those are great pictures. Nice quality and cute animals... I have a cute animal obsession... I know everybody does deep down inside

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-04-18, 12:09
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There's something almost profoundly intriguing about number 13. Number 8's just fucking cool.

Yes Joe, I too am easily disarmed by small furry animals. I'm not ashamed of that, mainly because I had no self-respect to begin with, but also because they're heart-meltingly adorable and lovely and I'd kill four children just to own one.

Old 2009-04-18, 13:01
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I've been on anti-D's (which double-up as anti-anxiety medication) since 2001, with a hiatus of maybe 6 months along the way. One drug that I absolutely would never ever take ever again is Efexor. If anyone reading this is offered this drug by their doc, refuse.

Christ, I can't believe I didn't see this post. I've been on that shit for almost six years now. I started taking anti-depressants when I was 15, but I started with Paxil. I was only on it for about a week when I decided to dump those fucking things down the toilet because they were making me sicker than a heroin junkie in a hot car. So I told my doctor what happened and he gave me Effexor instead, which actually worked better than the Paxil. Almost six years later and I'm still on it. It's kind of a coincidence that you made this post, because about a week ago I was laying in bed trying to sleep when I thought to myself, I don't want to be on these things for the rest of my life. So I talked to my doctor a few days ago and he was actually glad that I want to quit taking them. Fuck, it's nice to have a doctor that doesn't try to keep you doped up on medication... the doctor I have now says "life is much easier when you're not dependent on anything", and that was the only encouragement I needed to start cutting my dosage. I'm on 150mg at the moment, and within the next few days I'm going to drop to 75mg, and I'm not sure what I drop to after that. These things are a fucking nuisance and I'll be happy when I rid my body of them.
Quote:
I don't think the drug itself is terribly strong, but the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable and almost instantaneous. By that I mean, if you miss your usual medication time by even just a few hours, the effects begin. There are three main symptoms that hit you the hardest:

1. Brain Shivers. That's right, I said brain shivers. I didn't know what they were called until I looked it up years after I quit taking them, so I had trouble explaining it to the doc. Every now and again you get this sensation in your brain; it feels like a painless electric shock which shoots through your head and it rattles you up, leaving you slightly dazed and with blurred vision for a few seconds, as if you've been thumped on the back of the head really hard (again, it's painless, but the symptoms are the same). Weirdly, if you move your eyeballs to the left, as if you're trying to see something in your peripheral vision, you get an extremely BIG brain shiver which nearly knocks you off your feet. It doesn't happen if you move your eyes to the right. Fucking weird.

2. Dizziness and a general feeling of drunkenness (without the impairment of thought/speech). It's like when you spin around really fast for a minute or so, and then stop - you feel yourself being dragged by an unseen force towards the direction you were spinning. With these pills, you feel that way, but the direction you feel drawn towards changes every few seconds, like you're trying to stand stationary on a rocking boat. You feel a little dazed most of the time, but in combination with the brain shivers you're pretty much at the mercy of your symptoms haha.

3. Nausea. Plain and simple. No vomiting though, which was nice.

Fuck, just reading those side effects brings back some bad memories of missing my pill. I know exactly how you felt. I'd have to say the brain shivers are the worst side effect (I've always called them head shocks ) When they got really bad, they would happen when I moved my eyes in any direction, or even if I tried to focus on something (reading, television, looking out the window etc). They would also happen if I was suddenly exposed to light (walking into a dark room and flipping the switch on).

For me the dizziness would only happen with the head shocks, and I got the nausea really bad too. It pretty much feels like a hangover type of nausea.

You quit them cold turkey? That must have been fucking terrible. The longest I've ever been without the pills is when I missed them for one day... and that was pure agony.
Quote:
Oh, and the main side effect of Efexor is that you will never have a proper erection again until you quit taking them, and even if you do somehow get it up and running for longer than 10 seconds, you'll pretty much never orgasm properly again

Strangely, I don't have that problem... never did
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-04-18, 13:45
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Those were cool! Some were pretty sad, but at least they're getting some help. Walpurgis was born at the Navy hospital right next door to the San Diego Zoo, too. I've been there. It's nice.

Yeah, I've been to the San Diego soon when I was younger. It was an incredible zoo.

Edit - I used to be on Effexor about five years ago. I remember than numbness it would give you. I didn't take it for too long though because I just hated the fact of being on anti-depressants in the first place.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Last edited by BassBehemoth : 2009-04-18 at 13:49.

Old 2009-04-18, 13:54
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I'd have to say the brain shivers are the worst side effect (I've always called them head shocks )
Before I read on up on them I called them fuck-zaps, or sometimes brain cummage. On some occasions I've even been known to call them spunky starfish trousers.

I'm not even sure if brain shivers is the correct term, I don't remember where I read it. I thought it was from Wikipedia, but I checked there and there's no mention of the term (although the effect itself is mentioned). Maybe I got it from a depression website or some shit. I doubt it's a proper medical term, regardless haha. "Hello, I'm Dr. Sexfunk, and I've just diagnosed you with brain shivers and ball trembles. Take some of this mediciny type stuff and you'll be grand".

Quote:
You quit them cold turkey? That must have been fucking terrible. The longest I've ever been without the pills is when I missed them for one day... and that was pure agony.
My doc insisted that it'd be quicker and easier. To be honest, weaning myself off of them probably would have just prolonged the effects, it'd be like a constant - if milder - series of withdrawals as opposed to one big overdrive of effects with a relatively quick cessation. It's a fucking horrible ride either way haha.

The eyeballs seem to play a major part in the brain-cuntification. I'm not sure why, or how haha. I'd be interested to know what exactly is happening inside your brain when the funky electric mind orchestra strikes. It can't be good for you!

Quote:
Strangely, I don't have that problem... never did
CUNT!

I'm glad to hear that you're coming off your pills, I hope it works out for you! If you are finding it difficult and need some friendly counselling involving midgets you know where to find me I used to man the phones at The Samaritans, and I only had eight suicides (and one of those was a wrong number).

This joke is presented to you courtesy of Red Dwarf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Edit - I used to be on Effexor about five years ago. I remember than numbness it would give you. I didn't take it for too long though because I just hated the fact of being on anti-depressants in the first place.
Jesus, is everyone on this forum mental?? haha I'm glad you were you able to stay off them chief

EDIT: On second thoughts BB, maybe you should consider going back on them.

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-04-18 at 14:49.

Old 2009-04-18, 14:51
Amadeus
Quantum.

I've never taken any mental pills! They never caught me!

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-04-18, 16:26
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

Jesus, is everyone on this forum mental?? haha I'm glad you were you able to stay off them chief

EDIT: On second thoughts BB, maybe you should consider going back on them.

I've found sessions with a psychologist helped me more than any pill could do for depression. Many things my psychologist had said several years ago still inspire me to this day.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2009-04-18, 17:03
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth

I've found sessions with a psychologist helped me more than any pill could do for depression. Many things my psychologist had said several years ago still inspire me to this day.
Very true! Pills are fine if you need that extra little something to take the edge off so you can be in a better mental state to sort shit out, but therapy is definitely the way to go in the long-term. A combination of the two can be even more effective, though. Depends on the individual.

We should all take a page out of Amadeus' book and medicate ourselves with farmyard porn instead

Old 2009-04-18, 17:35
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

Quote:
We should all take a page out of Amadeus' book and medicate ourselves with farmyard porn instead

*despairs*

not *more* into farmyard porn *sigh* do you people have your own way of finding each other or something??

no don't answer that i don't wanna know, i'll just sit here & be a geek quite happily in my wee purple geeky bubble.

on a different note i found (yes found) portable speakers in my room which are perfect for anthony my wee netbook so yeah it's all good

----

Last edited by bunny : 2009-04-18 at 17:49.

Old 2009-04-18, 18:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

bunny, they hang a paisley hanky out of their fly to signal each other.

My eldest is on fluoxetine and lithium carbonate, but that's more for bipolar. He was really wound up today and I asked him if he was manic. He said nope, just in a good mood. I suffer when he's like that. lol HE BUGS THE SHIT OUTTA ME!!! But anyways, he says that talking to his psychologist was really helpful for him, too. I think that's a much better way to go if you can find a good one. He wants to do voluntary help, too. One thing that going on the meds long time ago did was to screw him out of going into the military. He was interested in the Air Force, but they won't take anyone that's been on mind pills.

Old 2009-04-18, 18:34
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Man, it sounds like everybody here has taken/is taking anti-depressants. However, depression is probably most prominently recognized amongst our age-groups (and possibly mis-diagnosed due to natural stress from our anxiety ridden society). Most of the friends I know stopped taking their anti-Ds, too, or at least cut the doses down so that they didn't feel high all the time (which I've heard about Wellbutrin).

Damn, and I registered November 2004?? This is my 999th post (upside-down 666 btw). It's taken me SO MUCH LONGER than most of you to get to 1,000, it's pretty ridiculous.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-04-18, 18:55
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

rofl!!! at image lb!!!

depression comment: i didn't take any drugs 'cause mine was 'caused through bullying (as i said earlier) i just went psycho on the guy that crossed the line big time at school, you gotta understand at school i was a totally different person than i am now, i was v quiet kept myself to myself & never annoyed anyone & spoke to as few people as possible, had no friends was very much the loner & that's the way i liked it, the bully had the fuckin' nerve to report me to our form tutor & she took his side after i went psycho at him....

....after 4 years (nearly 5) of constant bullying i done well to only go psycho at him that one time but the fucker deserved it.

----

Last edited by bunny : 2009-04-18 at 19:08.

Old 2009-04-18, 19:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I used to get razzed because I used to dress mostly like Kurt Cobain in cowboy boots when I was in Jr high and high school. I was grunge before there was grunge. There were a few people that used to make remarks when I wore my boots, but finally one of those brave souls asked me why I wore them so much. Because they're so comfortable! I loved those things. I had horses back then and I liked my boots. One of my teachers even joked with me that we had to wear white shoes to graduation and I couldn't wear my boots. He was a great friend of mine so I just joked back that I was going to try to find some white ones.

Mild mannered me went off on a guy in 8th grade homeroom. I remember it like it was yesterday. The teacher was a coach and all the cheerleaders would flock around his desk in the morning. Well, this kid used to walk past me to his seat and he poked me in the boob about 3 days in a row. So finally I yelled for him to stop it. That got the teacher's attention and he moved the kid. Talk about actions coming back to bite him in the ass 20 years later. My husband said that one of the work delivery guys had gone to school with me and when he said his name I told him the story. So when he went to work and saw the guy he told him he heard what he'd done to me back then. lol The guy put his hands up and backed off saying we were just kids then and he didn't mean anything by it. I'd have LOVED to seen the look on his face. He's a cool, but man, that was amusing.

Old 2009-04-18, 19:47
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

yeah lb but over here we were uniforms so we are all dressed the same so it wasn't anything to do with the way i was dressed.

& cool to your boots!!! did you wear your boots?? lol

----

Old 2009-04-18, 20:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

lol Nah, I wore some medium-heeled, platform sandals I had for choir. If I'd found some boots they'd have been on my feet for sure.
Only the Catholic schools had uniforms here when I was in school. IN elementary school we had to wear dresses or skirts, but we could wear those stretchy snowpants with the stirrups in winter under our dresses. Finally in 7th we could wear dress pants or pant suits. The high schoolers had their sit-in and by the time I got to 9th grade jeans were okay. Bell bottom and elephant bell heaven.

Old 2009-04-18, 22:16
Pr0az
Post-whore

Damn bullying in school...seen it happen to an ass load of people felt bad for a lot of them too. I remember a kid getting stripped naked and thrown out of a window during school(the kid was a JR in high school). Looking out the window all you could see was a pale ass running towards the track behind our school. Me, i never got picked out, or picked on(glad too). Always fighting with the blacks though which was weird, in school we would fight, back home(out of school) we were cool...

Come to think of it we had small race wars which i definitely stayed the fuck out of....shit got sticky in situations like that, never truly understood the point of it.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2009-04-18 at 22:37.

Old 2009-04-18, 23:01
Pr0az
Post-whore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2axLAag1zM

LMFAO read some of the fucking quotes from that video, there near endless laughter.