Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-11-24, 22:57
Pr0az
Post-whore

Too many options!

Ok guys well here it is

I can

A) Buy a brand new guitar. Something i think i really need because i bought the guitar i have now when i first started playing and well now i think its slowing me down a bit. I played a buddies guitar with some different specs and i basically can tear down on his but on mine i seem to move slower and well the thing is a bitch to do pinch harmonics on.

B) Well i bought an amp, this amp ended up sucking pretty bad. Its a peavey and well the tone in this thing sucks so bad. I mean its like not acheiving the sound you can get out of a Marshall , Line6, Mesa, and Randall that are the same size and ive played on all of those amps. The overall tone and everything was so much better. So i was thinking about buying one of those amps as a half stack. However by doing this i can't buy the guitar because of the expense of the amp

C) i can buy lower grades of both!

So WTF would you guys go for. I think im pretty screwed either way.

Old 2006-11-24, 23:00
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Before this thread goes to hell, if you are not in a band you should opt for a better guitar. If you are in a serious band you should get the amp, but there is no sense in getting a good amp if you never really need to turn it up on a regular basis.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-11-24, 23:12
Pr0az
Post-whore

^ Solid advice man...thanks

Old 2006-11-24, 23:21
JOAMdude
Post-whore

To be perfectly honest I would get an Amp.

Cuz i feel that if you have an amp, you have an amp

guitars to me are different: they are more customizable, you cud put a new neck, pups, and bridge on your guitar, and still afford a nice amp?

I would go with an amp

Old 2006-11-25, 00:03
Dystopia
Post-whore

buy a drumset