MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat


 
 
Old 2006-10-31, 22:18
Pr0az's Avatar
Pr0az
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,924
Witches going to sue for image

Had to post this after seeing the blind suing target thread. Out does it 100%.

Well yet again another dumb lawsuit in America. Witches of the Wiccan religion have decided that they will sue if pictures of witches are displayed on government property, as haggard women on broomsticks or as green-faced outcasts. They seem to think this image stigmatizes them. I just find it quit hilarious if they succeed, and yet sad. They have written letters over and over to congress men about the situation. Next thing you know some guy is going to be suing people for the headless horseman over some kids fucked up jack o lantern in the front yard, displaying his head wrong. People now are just bashing the law for all they can.

News Link

I could not locate the old article this is the only one i could find from gayOL
__________________
ďRemember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends.Ē ~Rusty Cooley

Last edited by Pr0az : 2006-10-31 at 23:45.
 
Old 2006-10-31, 22:45
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
you got a source?

id like to read an article
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ainít nobody bad, I know, I looked.......
 
Old 2006-10-31, 23:14
Requiem
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: terra firma
Posts: 6,940
That is a bit outrageous.
 
Old 2006-10-31, 23:58
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
Wow, only in America can you come up with bullshit lawsuits.

In my vision of what the world would be like, you could only sue someone if you're bruised, paralyzed, or bleeding because of that person. And anyone who tries to do it for anyother reason.... well, the statement "I'll give you something to cry about" really comes in handy here, eh?
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-11-01, 00:06
JOAMdude's Avatar
JOAMdude
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 1,542
how about ID fraud, or property damage, or arson?? none of those okk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
are you telling us that you have 4 boobs...2 small and 2 bigs
 
Old 2006-11-01, 01:53
Kalmahswamp's Avatar
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 1,916
What are you guys so surprised about? This is 2006, why should we taunt one's beliefs with decorations they find offensive? I'm sure you guys would love it if someone portrayed you as a wart-nosed, green, repulsive creature because of of your religion/beliefs.
 
Old 2006-11-01, 02:00
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Bring back "Little Black Sambo!" I've still got my old book and I turned out alright.

Everyone jumps on their perspective darn bandwagons. I'm so friggin' sick of it! I'm going to put a big cross in my yard and paint the 10 Commandments on my barn. I'll surround the whole thing with spikes in the ground with pictures of stupid icons with the no parking red circle and line through them.

Oh my, I'm offended because you have short hair and I don't. I think I'll sue and protest.

A friend of sent a picture of a halloween decorated government facility and responded that it probably wouldn't be allowed to put up a nativity later in the year. SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!

And my bitch goes back to Jr high school when we had to take an english class that also touched on mythology and witchcraft-by another name I forget right now. That was really screwed up and there was a bunch of kids that expressed their displeasure in it being part of the ciriculum. Mythology we didn't really have a problem with, but the other crap was crap. I still it's crap.


Kal'-- I bet somewhere in history somewhere there's a reason why they were portrayed that way. That's what's usually the case with stuff like that.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2006-11-01, 02:38
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
how about ID fraud, or property damage, or arson?? none of those okk

No, because in my vision of what the world would look like, everything would be fire proof There will be robots to clean up and repair any property damage, and after analyzing all evidence at the crime scene, they would track down the perp and kill them.

And ID fraud? Not with my new system of how poeple make withdrawls and deposits and the such; Eye analysis, fingerprint analysis, and DNA analysis technology will be far more advanced and there would be no need for such fossilized items such as credit cards.
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-11-01, 08:27
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
when will KISS sue Black metal?
 
Old 2006-11-01, 11:32
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
KISS sucks. I better not be the judge.

Book 'em, Dan-o.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2006-11-01, 11:46
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
KISS owns you and everything you possess. Gene can probably wrap his tongue around your house and crush it.
 
Old 2006-11-01, 12:31
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
Gene owns the abreviation O.J., and owns money everytime somebody says that
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
 
Old 2006-11-01, 13:59
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
LOL!!!!!! It seems like it would be tooooo ironic for her to live in Salem, MA.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-11-01, 22:13
Bia's Avatar
Bia
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Greenpeace is suing MetalTabs for color violation human civil gayass rights offenses.

Everyone chip in 100 dollars to fight the power!
 
Old 2006-11-01, 22:15
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
*chips in* gotta save my only way of life!
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-11-02, 01:26
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
when will KISS sue Black metal?



+1.

Someone should e-mail Gene Simmons about this...
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-11-03, 17:37
John Holland's Avatar
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Angelskingarden
Posts: 2,395
Many wiccans I've known have thought it to be immature of christians trying to force a control over what's displayed regarding their religion in public places, so this of course is ironic to me.
 
Old 2006-11-09, 19:57
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmahswamp
What are you guys so surprised about? This is 2006, why should we taunt one's beliefs with decorations they find offensive? I'm sure you guys would love it if someone portrayed you as a wart-nosed, green, repulsive creature because of of your religion/beliefs.

great observation. most of you are probably looking at this the wrong way, or are just ignorant, or both. seing as how Wiccan is a religion and witchcraft is just an act, to portray a wiccan as a witch is wrong in its own. not to mention making them look disgusting and evil. do i really care? no. but it sort of bothers me when details like this are overlooked in an ignorant rant about how stupid one thinks something is.
 
Old 2006-11-09, 22:06
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
BURN HIM! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! HE'S ONE OF THEM!













j/k
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2006-11-09, 23:02
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
I actually dont see the stupidity in this suit.
It is pretty degrading.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
 
Old 2006-11-09, 23:17
JOAMdude's Avatar
JOAMdude
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 1,542
Your an idiot. and people who say that wiccans are A-OK. well witches haven't exactly been revered throughout time. If they didn't want bad attention, then how about DONT BASE YOUR RELIGION ON WICHES. They're fucking witches for christsake. That is so ridicolous. it is like my bowl of cereal asking me not to eat it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
are you telling us that you have 4 boobs...2 small and 2 bigs
 
Old 2006-11-10, 00:32
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
My girlfriend is Wiccan. In other words, she meditates and burns candles and herbs every now and then--but not often.

When I say meditate, I mean sitting or laying and thinking unconstructively.
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
 
Old 2006-11-10, 01:02
BrokenCrimson's Avatar
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 1,023
Witches are portrayed as repulsive creatures simply because in the past, it was a way to ward off children from them. No other practical or observational reason. About time that attitude was discarded.

And Wicca is a fairly new religion, some of the official writings that date back to about the 60's are fairly chauvistic haha...

Some neat links:
http://www.wiccaweb.com/suck_immaturity.php
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/dvera/...anti-fluff.html
__________________
I <3 12 year olds.
 
Old 2006-11-10, 01:06
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
A wiccan is just a level 2 Goth.

In the end they all shop exclusively at Hot Topic.
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-11-10, 01:31
BrokenCrimson's Avatar
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 1,023
That's a Wicclet.

"Omg omg need more rose petals for my love spell"
"witches don't want to hurt anyone, nuhuuuuuh"
"don't tick me off, I'll bind you!"
"omg don't want to kiss anyone in five places"
"ur not spanking me lol"

Bah.
 
Old 2006-11-10, 06:46
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
A wiccan is just a level 2 Goth.

I disagree. You can't get any worse than a damn mall goth.
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
 
Old 2006-11-10, 08:38
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
or a thief gettin his ass locked inside a garage and suin the homeowners
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2006-11-10, 18:17
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
Your an idiot. and people who say that wiccans are A-OK. well witches haven't exactly been revered throughout time. If they didn't want bad attention, then how about DONT BASE YOUR RELIGION ON WICHES. They're fucking witches for christsake. That is so ridicolous. it is like my bowl of cereal asking me not to eat it.

no. and uh... guy, dont even try. that was a terrible, TERRIBLE attempt at a point. and that last bit is so irrelevant to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
Witches are portrayed as repulsive creatures simply because in the past, it was a way to ward off children from them. No other practical or observational reason. About time that attitude was discarded.

agreed.

Last edited by timedragon : 2006-11-10 at 18:24.
 
Old 2006-11-10, 20:37
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
LOL!!!!!! It seems like it would be tooooo ironic for her to live in Salem, MA.



dude, i have first hand experience with these people, i grew up in that area.

the wiccan in salem are LITERALLY middle aged goth women and every fucking one of them exceeds 300 pounds. the whole wiccan "religion" is complete and utter bullshit. its just a premise from which these folks sell nick-nacks and doo-dads at their soon-to-be-going-out-of-business little shops candleholders,magic rocks,taroh cards for the braindead tourists

they look worst than whats usually depicted in the halloween decoration themed crap, let me motherfucking tell you.

i mean, you'd be hard pressed to sell such decoration if it was to truely depict these people. picture Micheal Moore on a broom dressed as a witch......its that bad. no broomstick could withstand such amoeba-bulk.

they got an old victorian house as some sort of headquarters and then they do public speaking in a nearby park....its all a big show to squeeze every last cent on the whole witch trail shit that actually took place in Danvers, MA<it was part of salem 8 billion years ago>. its pretty much thier main purpose in life.

the word lame cannot even begin to describe these people.
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ainít nobody bad, I know, I looked.......
 
Old 2006-11-10, 21:04
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
i knew a girl that was a Wiccan until she tasted some massive cock power.

the only spell she did was the "Swallow The Cum-cadabra".
 
Old 2006-11-10, 21:04
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
My girlfriend is Wiccan. In other words, she meditates and burns candles and herbs every now and then--but not often.

When I say meditate, I mean sitting or laying and thinking unconstructively.


Hell, I do that when I'm cooking. I think about a recipe and when I burn it I light candles to get rid of the smell.

Hmmf, guess I must be one of them, too.

(That's sarcasm for anyone questioning it.)
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2006-11-11, 18:41
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
BURN HIM! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! HE'S ONE OF THEM!

haha. i had missed this,
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
dude, i have first hand experience with these people, i grew up in that area.

the wiccan in salem are LITERALLY middle aged goth women and every fucking one of them exceeds 300 pounds. the whole wiccan "religion" is complete and utter bullshit. its just a premise from which these folks sell nick-nacks and doo-dads at their soon-to-be-going-out-of-business little shops candleholders,magic rocks,taroh cards for the braindead tourists

they look worst than whats usually depicted in the halloween decoration themed crap, let me motherfucking tell you.

i mean, you'd be hard pressed to sell such decoration if it was to truely depict these people. picture Micheal Moore on a broom dressed as a witch......its that bad. no broomstick could withstand such amoeba-bulk.

they got an old victorian house as some sort of headquarters and then they do public speaking in a nearby park....its all a big show to squeeze every last cent on the whole witch trail shit that actually took place in Danvers, MA<it was part of salem 8 billion years ago>. its pretty much thier main purpose in life.

the word lame cannot even begin to describe these people.

hah, i agree, its ridiculous, but i still wouldnt be able to disrespect their religion, not having one of my own to compare.
 
Old 2006-11-11, 19:18
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
LOL @ low-tech's comment.

I knew a "wiccan" in high school, and then she lost weight, got rid of the fishnets and spiked chokers and is now a respectable person.

What are their beliefs based off of? Sucking LaVey's cock?
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-11-11, 19:27
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
LOL @ low-tech's comment.

I knew a "wiccan" in high school, and then she lost weight, got rid of the fishnets and spiked chokers and is now a respectable person.

What are their beliefs based off of? Sucking LaVey's cock?

look it up on wikipedia. wiccapedia OMGZLOLOLOLOLOLOL123

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Top

========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.