MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-10-25, 17:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Now the blind are jumping on the band wagon

Click Here

This is about h ow the BLIND are SUEING target because they won't make their websites more accessable to them. OH FUCKING BOO GOD DAMN WOO. They should be allowed to make whatever fucking websites the want regardless if YOUR ass can view it. I should make a completely blind unfriendly website. Cry me a freaking river. I think its the RIGHT of somebody or company to NOT make something user friendly. Obviously you should be pissed and take your buisness else where. RIGHT? thats how it goes RIGHT? THis is all a bunch of bullshit.

This is i think the 2nd thread i've started with stupid people suing for stupid reasons. I'm so close to saying, lets just fucking erradicate them. The handicap, everyone. Why fucking not right? Reading articles like this makes me think hmmm euthansia maybe isn't so bad after all...

This also goes to a salute to all those who ARE handicap and dont' fucking bitch whine complain and all that. Those fuckers rock. I'm sure there are plenty of blind people that would give this fucker the finger.

Erg. Comments?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-10-25, 17:43
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Target is missing out on a lot of consumers that way.
Also, it may be targets right to build whatever website they want, it's also the blind person's right to sue. That doesn't mean he is right by default offcoarse, but still.

Besides, wouldn't you be pissed if you were missing out on a lot because of a handicap?
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Last edited by brainsforbreakfast : 2006-10-25 at 17:46.

Old 2006-10-25, 17:43
fatdanny
Post-whore

Wouldn't this be like me sueing a chinese website because I can't read chinese, and I probably couldn't (or at least with immense difficulty) translate it even with a chinese-english dictionary?

America is stupid.

Old 2006-10-25, 17:44
low-tech
Post-whore

wow, this sounds like a dumb suit. i wouldnt go as far as trying to make the case in support of eugenics. i know youre joking and stuff........think of it as people can sue for anything, but most dont win.

Old 2006-10-25, 17:47
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
well, other than target is missing out on consumers vthat way, not comments realy.

EXACTLY. If target or another buisness fails to make provisions for the blind to use their websites, they're just losing buisness. Normal human beings bitch and complain at the buisness and tell them to fuck off. Obviously this person feels its his RIGHT to view this website.

And fatdanny you make a pretty solid point. ........ dude we are sitting on a gold mine. Lets sue EVERY country, because i'm sure there are websites out there that we don't read their language. fuck em!
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

lol at the blind folks. adjust the contrast on the monitor and everything will be fine.

tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
wow, this sounds like a dumb suit. i wouldnt go as far as trying to make the case in support of eugenics. i know youre joking and stuff........think of it as people can sue for anything, but most dont win.

Thats actualy a good point. Sometimes it slips through the cracks, but that is a good feeling that at least probably more often than not, people have a sense of justice.

Old 2006-10-25, 17:48
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

I wanna sue those african websites for having that clicking sound in their website that makes no sense to me.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-10-25, 19:13
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Stupid Target. It's a good thing metaltabs.com has a special braille forum!

Old 2006-10-25, 19:18
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

thats actually some pretty cool technology...i didn't realize they had anything like that.

if target was a smart company...they'd follow others in making the changes like best buy and walmart have. those two realize they are losing money by not making it easy for the blind.

at the same time, i think the lawsuit is bullshit. there is no law requiring them to make their website user friendly for anyone.

if they won their lawsuit..what happens to all the flash websites? their software can't work with flash so should flash be outlawed? hell no!

not exactly the topic..but its related...what the fuck is up with braile on drive through atms?? i guess they could be in the back seat or something...

Old 2006-10-25, 19:19
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
It's a good thing metaltabs.com has a special braille forum!

Yeah, nomad really did a good job with that.

Fucking blind people..they would be so easy to poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-25, 20:28
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Yeah, nomad really did a good job with that.

Fucking blind people..they would be so easy to poison.

ACtually i was telling my friend through aim about the thing. i'm like fuck this guy makes me want to stab him!

And he was like. He wouldn't even see it coming...

How fucking true. haha

Old 2006-10-25, 20:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Aaaah, hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Stupid Target. It's a good thing metaltabs.com has a special braille forum!

I think thats funny, but I just can't read it!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-10-25, 22:01
Pr0az
Post-whore

I know this is way off subject. But have you ever wondered why they have braile on a light switch?

Old 2006-10-25, 22:21
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

how did they ever make their way to the news station to make this obsurd claim?
and how do you make a blind accessable website?
ne really, what the fuck do they want?

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-10-25, 22:36
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Erg. Comments?

Well, it makes sense the blind want to shop at Target. Have you seen their clothes?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-10-25, 22:38
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

quoted!

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-10-26, 00:10
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

oh god how do i love this forum

Old 2006-10-26, 00:36
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
and how do you make a blind accessable website?

you didn't read the article did you?

Old 2006-10-26, 00:42
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Well, it makes sense the blind want to shop at Target. Have you seen their clothes?

I know right, all.... upper class Wal-Mart stuff......

In reality other than tshirts i buy my shit anywhere. I think whiney people that can get around the bullshit they whine about should just fuck off and die. I mean i know i'm being "somewhat harsh" but i think i'm officially tired of everybody on the globe bending over and taking it in the ass for some crybaby.

Old 2006-10-26, 12:08
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I doubt this website would lose a material number of customers by retaining its current format. Hence, why change?

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-10-26, 12:12
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

something that occured to me:

if the blind jumped on the bandwagon, wouldn't they miss it?

intriguing...

Last edited by Ten Ton Alien : 2006-10-26 at 12:14.

Old 2006-10-26, 20:03
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I think thats funny, but I just can't read it!

Dude, just touch your screen. Once you feel this joke, you'll laugh your ass off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
something that occured to me:

if the blind jumped on the bandwagon, wouldn't they miss it?

intriguing...

They can hear it coming, but they can't see it going.

Old 2006-10-26, 23:15
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Reading this, I wonder how I could be affected by the outcome of this case. I see two outcomes:

1. Target has to waste a little bit of money to accomodate the blind. I am neither blind nor a Target shopper, so this doesn't affect me.
2. The blind lose their case and have to deal with the difficulty of not being able to shop online. As they're used to adversity they'll probably come through all right. I remain indifferent to their plight.

So I really don't care, and have to wonder why any of you do.

What does bother me is how Citibank ATMs, which operate by a touchscreen rather than a key pad and therefore don't have brail, can be 'enhanced for the visually impaired.' Saying one's PIN number out loud doesn't strike me as practical, but I don't see what option there is other than an aurally-based program. Probably just a failure of imagination on my part.

Old 2006-10-26, 23:36
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
What does bother me is how Citibank ATMs, which operate by a touchscreen rather than a key pad and therefore don't have brail, can be 'enhanced for the visually impaired.' Saying one's PIN number out loud doesn't strike me as practical, but I don't see what option there is other than an aurally-based program. Probably just a failure of imagination on my part.

Most banks have touchscreens and key pads with brail, around here anyway.

Old 2006-10-26, 23:36
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Ha, this is the inherit beauty of America. You can sue anybody for anything.
Anyone remember the stupid McDonald's fiasco from a few years ago?
"I'm suing you because the coffee was too hot."
How does not being able to surf the Target website hinder one's quality of life anyways?

Old 2006-10-27, 17:53
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

How do you have a touchscreen with brail? It's a flat monitor screen on which the locations of things change fairly consistently.

Old 2006-10-27, 18:23
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
How do you have a touchscreen with brail? It's a flat monitor screen on which the locations of things change fairly consistently.

Oh the reality of it ha..

Old 2006-10-29, 22:10
Pr0az
Post-whore

damn i didt see this lol, na what i ment to say was they have the touch screen and right beside it a keypad with brail on it.

Old 2006-10-29, 22:26
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

well they are infringing upon some disabilities act.
but still, that act is stupid anyways.
yeah target should make a blind user friendly version of its site, but they shouldn't have to.
its not like target has stuff that amazon doesn't have..

Old 2006-10-29, 22:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

HOW IS AN INTERNET SITE ACCESSIBLE TO THE BLIND

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!

edit

i originally typed "sight"

OH the irony

Old 2006-10-29, 22:46
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Why would blind people even use the internet? I guess it gives them a place to go while being locked into some Institution for the Blind.

And whoever says "I'd rather be blind than deaf, so I could listen to music" is a fucking fool. Blind people can't see........need there be any more reasoning?

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-29, 23:36
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Why would blind people even use the internet? I guess it gives them a place to go while being locked into some Institution for the Blind.

And whoever says "I'd rather be blind than deaf, so I could listen to music" is a fucking fool. Blind people can't see........need there be any more reasoning?

This is easily answerable. That way a blind person can be more independant and can easily access items to them without depending on others to drive them to the store, or for them to walk who knows how far just to buy some items they can get eaisly over the net. Almost the same reason i buy shit on the net.

Saves fucking time and the hassle of going out.

Old 2006-10-29, 23:47
Bia
Muffin Ass

One day... society will collapse and everyone dependent on technology will fall into a fetal position and wither away starving to death looking at a can of corn.

I await this inevitable demise and am glad I have an acoustic guitar in my collection not to mention... plenty O strings.

Old 2006-10-30, 17:13
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

If there were Braille monitors, imagine watching porn.

Old 2006-10-30, 18:14
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I love brail porn.....touching a woman with goosebumps.......
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-10-30, 18:17
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I love brail porn.....touching a woman with goosebumps.......

I know.... and it spelling herpes...... thank GOD for brail.

Old 2006-10-30, 19:43
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I know.... and it spelling herpes...... thank GOD for brail.

this makes me think of robin hood men in tights when they repo the castle and the blind guy is sitting there feeling up a copy of playboy for blind people.

Old 2006-10-30, 21:10
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
lol at the blind folks. adjust the contrast on the monitor and everything will be fine.

dude, let's stab out your eyes and see how much that contrast change will help you!

Old 2006-10-30, 21:11
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Why would blind people even use the internet?

Why does the rest of the world even use the internet?

Old 2006-10-30, 21:20
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Why does the rest of the world even use the internet?

For the chicx?

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-30, 21:22
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

that too. and for communication.

blinds just want to live like the rest of the world, so why shouldn't they be able to communicate with the rest of the world.

Old 2006-10-30, 21:30
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
that too. and for communication.

blinds just want to live like the rest of the world, so why shouldn't they be able to communicate with the rest of the world.

phones. or teach their guide dogs how to surf the web. unless the dogs are blind too. "hey Poochie, it's hot in here or what?"... boom, blind dude falls into a vulcano.

Old 2006-10-30, 22:07
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah. like I said, they'de like to live like the rest of the world.
You aren't ignorant are you, I don't even care to elaborate on the subject, just think two steps further.