MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat


 
 
Old 2006-09-11, 18:40
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
9/11

this date gives me a feeling of ambivalence...........


to all the people who lost loved ones, i feel sorry for. for all those who died, RIP.

GLAD I GOT THAT OUTA THE WAY!


why is CNN replaying the footage? to rekindle anger? to try and possibly spark a new lust for war? i know many of you angry metalheads are in the army, and i respect that and thank god (i mean his name in vain) someone is doin the job. however, i personally am a pacifist and view war as a last resort in either to stop a genocide or something of that manitude, especially in a day and age where 1 bomb can blow the world up several times. the hop from 9/11 to iraq was very apparent and whenever 9/11 is brought up, iraq pops up right there on the other shoulder, pissin me off.


FUCKIN CUNT FAG NIGGER SHIT COCK BALLS BOLLOCKS ARSE SMEGMA PENIS TWAT CUNTY CUNTY FAG FAG SHIT!

ahh!!


alright, your opinions
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-11, 18:54
blizzard_beast
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Here's one to add to the post count.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:00
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
i just saw some photos of the new plans for the wtc.


the shit looks like a sci-fi rendition of the future


intense PORK BARREL, ugly architecture, but kinda cool nontheless


ill refrain from starting some political shit in here,
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ainít nobody bad, I know, I looked.......
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:02
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
i wonder who the lucky contractor will be who gets to build the building.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:17
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
fear is the ultimate weapon to control the masses and keep them buy prodent toothpaste.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:20
FearFrost's Avatar
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax N.S. Canada
Posts: 3,017
HAPPY DEATH TO AMERICA DAY!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timedragon
i clicked on time... cause im timedragon
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:30
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFrost
HAPPY DEATH TO AMERICA DAY!



i lol'd
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:31
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
Y'know what I find interesting? In about 20 years or so, this day will have less of an impact on all of us than it did 5 years ago.

Tragic events eventually lose their spark in people over a couple decades (ex: pearl harbor).
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:36
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Y'know what I find interesting? In about 20 years or so, this day will have less of an impact on all of us than it did 5 years ago.

Tragic events eventually lose their spark in people over a couple decades (ex: pearl harbor).


do you think? it depends on america's situation in the world. i would not be suprised if they show 9/11 coverage for the next 25+ years if america is hated as much as it is today. it really depends on how we dig ourselves out this hole (it may be cliche, but it is far from false)


2 more posts, then i'll HOLLA!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-11, 19:42
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
MY solution; pull out and concentrate on increasing security in the homeland. I knwo pulling out of this war would probably hurt our credibility more than help it, but wouldn't dragging this war out more than it should have and possibly not reach victory hurt it just as much (Remember Vietnam?)
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 20:08
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
MY solution; pull out and concentrate on increasing security in the homeland. I knwo pulling out of this war would probably hurt our credibility more than help it, but wouldn't dragging this war out more than it should have and possibly not reach victory hurt it just as much (Remember Vietnam?)

This war bears a few striking resemblence to the Vietnam War. Most people think of that war as a total failure for America and in a lot of ways...it was. The main and worst similarity between this war and that one is the lack of a unified passion/reason for fighting. If you went back to the revolutionary war, (the reason was to break free of britain), the civil war was to bring the country back together (or seperate it, depending on what part of the country you are in), and world war II was to save europe and get japan off our backs. But the vietnam war and this one do not inspire such feelings of "we are the good guys and they are the badguys and we gotta stop them". And when the country doesn't really understand or feel strongly about fighting.....you lose. Its like if Mike Tyson tried to rob some guys house in a half assed way, he would be fighting a smaller man who would be hell bent on defending his house, the smaller, more dedicated man would have a better chance of winning.....probably...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 20:10
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
and world war II was to save europe and get japan off our backs.


also, to stop a genocide....even if they are jewish, taht is still pretty fucked up.


there was no reason to go to war this time. the general public did not know about the vietnam war initially, but people did know about iraq before it happened, and were protesting. if someone were to watch the major news stations coverage from the 9/11 attack to the beginning of war in the middle east............


9/11 has been milked harder than a fuckin DDD breasted cunt at a todler orphanage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2006-09-11 at 20:13.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 20:13
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
also, to stop a genocide....even if they are jewish, that is still pretty fucked up.

No, not really. FDR knew there was a genocide going on but not on the scale and severity of the Holocaust. American forces didn't really realize the seriousness of it until they started liberating the camps.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 20:18
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
true dat






HOLLA! post 666! time for soem iron maiden
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-11, 20:48
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
true dat

Ha, I'm gonna be tempted never to not post anything for a week when i get there.




HOLLA! post 666! time for soem iron maiden

Ha, I'm gonna be tempted never to not post anything for a week when i get there. And I have heard a few tracks fromt eh new Iron Maiden album. Good shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 21:13
xgrafcorex's Avatar
xgrafcorex
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
do you think? it depends on america's situation in the world. i would not be suprised if they show 9/11 coverage for the next 25+ years if america is hated as much as it is today. it really depends on how we dig ourselves out this hole (it may be cliche, but it is far from false)


2 more posts, then i'll HOLLA!



i was thinking of something like that while at work today...we usually have the bbc online radio going and they were going non stop about 9/11 (funny thing is that friday or thursday they were taking a pole "are you tired of hearing about 9/11 five years later?" ) and what i thought of was that i wouldn't even be surprised if they turned that day into a nationally recognized memorial holiday or something like that.

honestly, i don't think we've heard anywhere near the last of it.
 
Old 2006-09-11, 21:23
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
I hope Bush is the exception to the notion that legacies never die. I believe I'll live to hear the end of all this 9/11 stuff. Especially if in 50 years I make sure I don't read my future child's history book.
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
 
Old 2006-09-11, 22:59
JOAMdude's Avatar
JOAMdude
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 1,542
i don't undertand the complete hat for thsi war. there are complete relgious psychos in the middle east. We stay there make it safe. give the governments a good anti crime force and then just use the delta force to kill the ones who are hiding. Some one explain the unacceptance without compoletely being a douchebag
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
are you telling us that you have 4 boobs...2 small and 2 bigs
 
Old 2006-09-11, 23:12
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Courtesy of the other MTM for showing me

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse...gi?u=911_morons
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
 
Old 2006-09-11, 23:26
Transient's Avatar
Transient
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
i would sum up my feelings toward this by saying this


dont trust someone with all of the answers
__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif
 
Old 2006-09-12, 00:48
CompelledToLacerate's Avatar
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,003
I have a good question;

How many of you think that Dimebag Darrell's death date will be remembered and celebrated longer than 9/11?

There is no God to me if that happens.
__________________
DETH TOLL!!!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 01:29
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
that is the stupidest question i have ever heard. 9/11 is still milked like a bitch. darrell is wont be remembered too much longer (at least, not by most the metal community. too much shit has happened in the past month).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-12, 01:41
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
i don't undertand the complete hat for thsi war. there are complete relgious psychos in the middle east. We stay there make it safe. give the governments a good anti crime force and then just use the delta force to kill the ones who are hiding. Some one explain the unacceptance without compoletely being a douchebag

Recently, it was shown that Al Qaidea and Iraq were not connected in the attacks, which was the catalyst for the war. Its sorta like if i am sitting in a room with you and your best friend. If you throw salt in my eyes and then punch me in the stomach and then run away really fast and hide, i start beating up your friend. Anyway, the cheif objection to this war is that the main points bush gave at the beginning for fighting it were gradually either disproven or shown to be over exaggerated. Plus, I refuse to believe that the middle east is the only place where there are crazy religious people who are willing to kill for a god they believe in. If that is the main reason to go to war, then America is gonna need a lot more boats and planes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 01:48
Djeez
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 101
"HOLY SHIT!I HAVEN'T LAUGHED SO HARD SINCE 9/11"
-Anonymous
 
Old 2006-09-12, 01:51
Valtiel's Avatar
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Recently, it was shown that Al Qaidea and Iraq were not connected in the attacks, which was the catalyst for the war. Its sorta like if i am sitting in a room with you and your best friend. If you throw salt in my eyes and then punch me in the stomach and then run away really fast and hide, i start beating up your friend. Anyway, the cheif objection to this war is that the main points bush gave at the beginning for fighting it were gradually either disproven or shown to be over exaggerated. Plus, I refuse to believe that the middle east is the only place where there are crazy religious people who are willing to kill for a god they believe in. If that is the main reason to go to war, then America is gonna need a lot more boats and planes.


Yup, theres ur answer. Im just wondering what the logic (agenda) behind the decision to go to Iraq was. Everyone jumps to oil but that dosent make enough sense. I think Saddam beat Bush at a game of DDR and now hes pissed.
__________________
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
 
Old 2006-09-12, 02:02
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
OK i swore up and down i wouldn't enter this but i'm just going to give.. a few cents of mine in without being too much into it because i try not to care. (here or whats goin on)

I'm not attempting to persuade you because i could care less. (why i'm speaking up i dunno) But let me tell you from somebody who somehwat knows what is going on.

This in my opinion isn't ANYTHING like the vietnam war. And i can go into that one because we could have won the war if it weren't for other issues. But anyways if you think this is a TOTAL FAILURE i think your pretty damn wrong. The amount of terrorist training camps in afghanistan and iraq that have been uncovered and destroyed is absolutely insane. Seriously. The only reason why there wasn't this "insurgency" in Iraq before was because the guy was a BRUTAL.. let me repeat BROOOTAL dictator. Who was obviously fucking paranoid as shit. He killed people just because he THOUGHT they might be somewhat against him. (being a dictator must be lonely huh.. ha) But anyways.

Without going further into the deal with iraq now because i know a lil more than the average fuck about the topic (less than those who have been over, somewhat but i hear shit ALL the time).

Anyways about the premise for going to war. Do i think its bullshit? Hell yes. I'm not going to touch whether they lied because thats completely out of my paygrade, but should we have linked wmds no probably not, should we have linked al qaeda to saddam directly. Probably not. Now sure its up to ones own morals whether they feel that democracy is their choice in government. But you can sit there and argue on some random metal forum because of the ability to do so. Those in iraq, north korea and other places don't have that right or priviledge. Should we have invaded the country and replace their dictator with somebody of our choosing? I dunno its beyond my paygrade once again and i really don't give a fuck.

But what i do care about is at least something was done to IMPROVE iraqs lives, and if you think otherwise seriously you need to wake the freak up (i'm not saying this to directly anybody but in general)

If you think the only thing this war is producing is negative effects your just seriously wrong. I've heard stories after stories of how the IRAQI people are... and not the IRANIAN and SYRANESE insurgencies are. Did anybody here know that Iran has state sponsored and supported terrorists? I.E. they have like elite para military branches that soul goal is to produces agents who go to other countries create and brew insurgents and attack governments and what not?

Should it have been our responsibility to go to Iraq NOW and take care of their freedom rights issues? Eh not gonna touch that but probably not. But you know what i think there is growing sentiment that hte UN is fucking worthless. Seriously. Still NO issue with North Korea or Iran. What the FUCK. So yeah i guess it is our responsiblity since nobody else is willing except the Israelis who are just militant as fuck, but who can blame them countries like Iran over the news say shit htey should be whiped off the map and nobody is doing fuck about it. How can you be apart of a global economy and global world saying shit like that.. Can we say.. MHMMMMMM Hitler circa 1930s. I mean do we just let bullshit comments like that slide nowadays? Sure we shouldn't lose our cool and go bomb the fuck out of them. But sanction them to death. Do something instead of just setting bullshit time lines and dates where nothing is probably even going to happen.


Ok enough ranting. Oh yeah earlier blood red bass you mentioned wars. What about WWI?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-09-12 at 02:11.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 02:06
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak

Ok enough ranting. Oh yeah earlier blood red bass you mentioned wars. What about WWI?

Sorry, WWII kinda gets most of the attention. But yeah, same point, WWI everyone still were behind a solid reason as to why they were fighting. The german submarines were fucking around too much and europe was once again in lots of trouble.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 02:09
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Sorry, WWII kinda gets most of the attention. But yeah, same point, WWI everyone still were behind a solid reason as to why they were fighting. The german submarines were fucking around too much and europe was once again in lots of trouble.



yeah me and my friend were talking about that as we were walking around DC the other month. The WW1 monument was fucking .... sad. Its tiny and doesn't have anything, then they recently opened up this new WW2 monument thats huge and amazing. Its like ok i guess WW1 wasn't worth anything. Even though rediculous.. beyond rediculous amount of people died in that war. Just a slaughter to be honest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-12, 02:37
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
yeah me and my friend were talking about that as we were walking around DC the other month. The WW1 monument was fucking .... sad. Its tiny and doesn't have anything, then they recently opened up this new WW2 monument thats huge and amazing. Its like ok i guess WW1 wasn't worth anything. Even though rediculous.. beyond rediculous amount of people died in that war. Just a slaughter to be honest.

Yeah, isnt the statistic like only 1/3 of the people who died in the war died from actual enemy fire....or mustard gas? The rest of it was the flu and other stuff. Anyway, earlier i did not mean to offend you or anything. My main point was that most all other major wars in america had the majority of public support WHILE they were being fought.Pre-WWI America was trying to be committed to isolationism but it just didnt work out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:07
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Yeah, isnt the statistic like only 1/3 of the people who died in the war died from actual enemy fire....or mustard gas? The rest of it was the flu and other stuff. Anyway, earlier i did not mean to offend you or anything. My main point was that most all other major wars in america had the majority of public support WHILE they were being fought.Pre-WWI America was trying to be committed to isolationism but it just didnt work out.



Nah its cool. I mean i more meant less to attack any one person especially of this forum, but more of a hey if you dont' know this, lets open our eyes kinda thing.

But i know what you mean (about the isolationism) kinda thing. But in my opinion overall basis for comparing of wars fought.. for the most part any time in the past is kind of trivial now. Simply because in my opinion the global world that we have together is so interveniously connected together that i mean where one thing happens it effects every body else. So these even conservative views of you know.. forget the UN... or hey lets just take care of our own and let others take care of their problems.. Eh its just not that simple. Especially not today. And i think in most cases its GOOD that we are so globally connected, but in obvious cases its very much not so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:16
4d5e6f's Avatar
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 503
Face it, the USA is testing its powers and boundaries, slowly decreasing freedoms and increasing their power. All this security shit? It makes the average person feel afraid, so they cling to their government for protection. Today in class, the teacher asked who doesn't feel safe anymore, I was like only one that DIDN'T raise my hand, and I didn't just do that to be lazy. We're in no more danger now than we were before. Another thing is, 3006 people isn't really that much. Go read the book "1984". I think things are becoming so similar to the government in that book that it's scary. The government is going to milk this 9/11 shit (and the premise of 9/11 was a lie set up by the government) for all it can. Who didn't feel more patriotic and supportive of the government today? Within our life times we'll see a drastic decrease in personal freedoms. Already we have bullshit like the "Patriot Act", letting the government tap into our conversations. It's totally unnecesary. And calling it the "Patriot" Act adds a little twist of propaganda to it, making you think not supporting it would mean not being patriotic.

Now to prepare myself for the flames

Last edited by 4d5e6f : 2006-09-12 at 03:19.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:23
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
Face it, the USA is testing its powers and boundaries, slowly decreasing freedoms and increasing their power. All this security shit? It makes the average person feel afraid, so they cling to their government for protection. Today in class, the teacher asked who doesn't feel safe anymore, I was like only one that DIDN'T raise my hand, and I didn't just do that to be lazy. We're in no more danger now than we were before. Another thing is, 3006 people isn't really that much. Go read the book "1984". I think things are becoming so similar to the government in that book that it's scary. The government is going to milk this 9/11 shit (and the premise of 9/11 was a lie set up by the government) for all it can. Who didn't feel more patriotic and supportive of the government today? Within our life times we'll see a drastic decrease in personal freedoms. Already we have bullshit like the "Patriot Act", letting the government tap into our conversations. It's totally unnecesary. And calling it the "Patriot" Act adds a little twist of propaganda to it, making you think not supporting it would mean not being patriotic.

Now to prepare myself for the flames

3006 people is not that much........huh, that is wrong in so many ways I'll let one of the guys here who are in the military handle that one. Anyway unless you have a document or other credible source to back up such a claim as the one I bolded in your statement, careful what you say.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:31
4d5e6f's Avatar
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
3006 people is not that much........huh, that is wrong in so many ways I'll let one of the guys here who are in the military handle that one. Anyway unless you have a document or other credible source to back up such a claim as the one I bolded in your statement, careful what you say.


www.911review.com is one. There's a shitload of sources on the internet. Just read them with an open mind.

All the facts are in your face, and you are too naive to interpret them for what they are. And alse, out of millions of people, 3006 really isn't that big of a number to me. I know I'd be crushed if I lost a relative in the demise of the towers, but personal anguish doesn't change statistics and facts.

Last edited by 4d5e6f : 2006-09-12 at 03:33.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:33
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
www.911review.com

All the facts are in your face, and you are too naive to interpret them for what they are. And alse, out of millions of people, 3006 really isn't that big of a number to me. I know I'd be crushed if I lost a relative in the demise of the towers, but personal anguish doesn't change statistics and facts.

The toes on your left feet do not make up a large percentage of your body, so I'm sure you wouldnt mind if someone took it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:35
4d5e6f's Avatar
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
The toes on your left feet do not make up a large percentage of your body, so I'm sure you wouldnt mind if someone took it.


Bad analogy. The nation isn't a living thing with fingers and toes.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:40
Valtiel's Avatar
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 839
Although what 4d5e6f said isnt the most radical thing I have heard, it is one of the reasons that people on the left when it comes to this argument have less credibility. When you get people that call themselves "radicals" yelling things like "The American government orchestrated 9/11, they are listening to your phone conversations right now!!!! Everyone put aluminium foil on your heads!!!" it really ends up being a step backwards because then, whenever a level headed leftist tries to make an argument, they get lumped in with the whackjob conspiracy theorists.

But I do agree however that the government has definitely been misleading the public with horrible fear tactics. Whatever happened to the terror alert meter? Exactly. But this isnt a republican thing, its a political thing. If you scare a nation of people and then offer to protect them from the monsters hiding under their beds, they will elect you.

Quote:
All the facts are in your face, and you are too naive to interpret them for what they are.


Im glad you mentioned that, because that brings up another point. Just as the current administration has fed the public a lot of exaggerations to get them behind their policies, the other side will do the same. You do not know that the things on that website are fact, but people will believe that they are if they are presented as such.
__________________
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Last edited by Valtiel : 2006-09-12 at 03:43.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:41
Shreddist's Avatar
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 546
Heres my view
We were attacked. No body fucks with us. We kill terrorists, and "bad" people. theres nothing to bitch about. Im 100% sure we would have been attacked again if it were not for our brave actions and soldiers. All of you pussy scum can sit there and ask for reduction of funds to the war etc. while you sit masturbating on your couch while youre safe at home. I dont see your ass out there fighting for whats right. so shut the fuck up.
__________________
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:44
Valtiel's Avatar
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddist
Heres my view
We were attacked. No body fucks with us. We kill terrorists, and "bad" people. theres nothing to bitch about. Im 100% sure we would have been attacked again if it were not for our brave actions and soldiers. All of you pussy scum can sit there and ask for reduction of funds to the war etc. while you sit masturbating on your couch while youre safe at home. I dont see your ass out there fighting for whats right. so shut the fuck up.




You should probably stay out of these arguments if thats how you present yours.

Its all about nuance. There is no "good vs evil". Its that kind of "either you're with us or against us" kind of attitude that got us into this mess.

Plus, according to your profile you are 17. Not sayin 17 year olds cant have an opinion, but you might want to filter yours with some rational thought first.
__________________
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Last edited by Valtiel : 2006-09-12 at 03:47.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:47
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
Bad analogy. The nation isn't a living thing with fingers and toes.

The toes equate to the people killed. Both are small percentages of a greater thing. (human body> toes) (number of people> total population). If anyone else thought that analogy was confusing please tell me, I thought it was simple to understand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:47
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddist
Heres my view
We were attacked. No body fucks with us. We kill terrorists, and "bad" people. theres nothing to bitch about. Im 100% sure we would have been attacked again if it were not for our brave actions and soldiers. All of you pussy scum can sit there and ask for reduction of funds to the war etc. while you sit masturbating on your couch while youre safe at home. I dont see your ass out there fighting for whats right. so shut the fuck up.

Quite a simple view of a very complex thing......hrm.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:51
Shreddist's Avatar
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel


You should probably stay out of these arguments if thats how you present yours.

Its all about nuance. There is no "good vs evil". Its that kind of "either you're with us or against us" kind of attitude that got us into this mess.

Plus, according to your profile you are 17. Not sayin 17 year olds cant have an opinion, but you might want to filter yours with some rational thought first.


I have 2 brothers, both in the marines. I know what's going on.
__________________
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:53
Valtiel's Avatar
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
Bad analogy. The nation isn't a living thing with fingers and toes.


The analogy made perfect sense to me. He is saying even though its a small portion, it matters. To marginalize something like a human life based on the fact that "statistically" or "numerically" they dont really matter is inhuman.

Quote:
I have 2 brothers, both in the marines. I know what's going on.


Still, you cant turn a complex issue such as war into a "we are good and they are bad and good is always right" issue. This isnt a movie.

When you get older you'll realize, but in the meantime you are going to have your opinion and theres nothing I can do about that.
__________________
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Last edited by Valtiel : 2006-09-12 at 03:58.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 03:56
4d5e6f's Avatar
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
The toes equate to the people killed. Both are small percentages of a greater thing. (human body> toes) (number of people> total population). If anyone else thought that analogy was confusing please tell me, I thought it was simple to understand.

It's not that I didn't understand your analogy, I just don't agree with it. A nation isn't a human being with consciousness and perception of reality. You and I are in different paradigms, making this argument pretty much useless. Go ahead and post your opinions, but be aware you won't be changing anybody's life.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 04:01
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
It's not that I didn't understand your analogy, I just don't agree with it. A nation isn't a human being with consciousness and perception of reality. You and I are in different paradigms, making this argument pretty much useless. Go ahead and post your opinions, but be aware you won't be changing anybody's life.

Ha, I doubt anyone's life has been seriously changed by a forum. Nor has anyone made it a mission to change someone's life on a forum. Right now its just a battle of binary codes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 04:04
Valtiel's Avatar
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 839
1>0.
__________________
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
 
Old 2006-09-12, 04:31
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Valtiel good posts. Not because by any means are they supporting what i said, cause i could careless. But its about openmindedness and logical deductions. I absolutely 100% agree with this scaretactic bullshit. (that its going on) And it pisses me hte fuck off and i think its working the masses of course, for the rest such as myself i can see through that shit.

As for the patriot act comment earlier. Eh there are alot of things about this, but you know you go ahead 4d5e6f and read your 1984 and get all paranoid and become some anti-government let me live int eh woods with an arsonal of weapons because the government is out to get everyone. I'm sorry 1984 although a great book BARELY is like america of today. If you are too "radical" and hardheaded to view that, then thats sad. Are some IMPORTANT liberties getting robbed yeah no shit, you can thank more than this "right wing agenda" for that. Not to mention if i remember correctly the congress passes the laws and acts and REAPPROVES of them. So sure if somebody not sayin 4d5e6f neccesarily wants to take that political left wing stance which is taken all the time, you could seriously shove it up your ass cause its bullshit.

But anyways off that subject, back to what was being side before. If you think 3006 people isn't alot of people you seriously need to jump back and rethink that. I don't know one person that was in the world trade centers, and i don't really give a fuck about the personal aspect, a cowardice mislead barbaric attack of innocent lives whether it be fucking 1 or... 3006 is pretty god damn significant if you ask me or.. plenty of others. Not to mention lets look at it ont he basis of BASIC social morality. The murder of 1 person in itself is a big deal let alone 3000+. Do you not think? Whether your morality resides in the masses or not thats a basic fact of society. (Not saying belieivng in morals outside of society is wrong, simply stating a moral philosophy observation.) So take that as you will. Honestly i could careless if i change your mind or anybodys, i'm stating my opinion and my logical deductions.


Btw about the first Shreddist post and Valtiel's response... I laughed probably for about 5 minutes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-09-12 at 04:37.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 05:18
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
As for the patriot act comment earlier. Eh there are alot of things about this, but you know you go ahead 4d5e6f and read your 1984 and get all paranoid and become some anti-government let me live int eh woods with an arsonal of weapons because the government is out to get everyone. I'm sorry 1984 although a great book BARELY is like america of today. If you are too "radical" and hardheaded to view that, then thats sad. Are some IMPORTANT liberties getting robbed yeah no shit, you can thank more than this "right wing agenda" for that. Not to mention if i remember correctly the congress passes the laws and acts and REAPPROVES of them. So sure if somebody not sayin 4d5e6f neccesarily wants to take that political left wing stance which is taken all the time, you could seriously shove it up your ass cause its bullshit.




the patriot act controversy is about accountability, checks and balances. we cant even get so much as a paper trail<written record who,what,where,why> on who the govt monitors and to what degree they do so, for all we know bush and company could be detailing political opponents and journalists. the constitution outlines boundries that we are well beyond right now. if you actually read leftist news,blogs etc. they talk about accountability and only revoking those powers under the presumption there wont be any. im fine with wiretaps,internet invasion, searches and siezures as long as its on record and approved by the supreme court. im fine with changing rules in which these things can be fast-tracked and not hinder investigations.


as far 1984, maybe you should reread it dude.

osama bin ladin=emmanuel goldstien

fox news=2 minute hate


even if all of the precursors are debunked and you still think its for the general good to follow thru on an iraq occupation. even if you conceed that iraq was not the imminent threat that was trumped before the UN and the senate<who provided funding with our money>. even if you feel the end justified the means even if it included decieving THE WORLD

on that rationale, on the standard that we held saddam to we can possibly invade the entire middle east,most of africa, some of our coalition allies.

especially pakistan. numbero uno provider of NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY TO ROGUE STATES.

after a while people may refer to this as imperialism, and they will have a point.
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ainít nobody bad, I know, I looked.......

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-09-12 at 05:26.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 05:21
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Courtesy of the other MTM for showing me

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse...gi?u=911_morons


Strike. I'm bookmarking this.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2006-09-12, 05:58
OpethFan's Avatar
OpethFan
Toast-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the grass is green, and the girls 69.
Posts: 1,473
War On Terror...

Try killing yourselves America.

I'm not taking sides either.

Middle-easteners attack American buildings, killing innocent people, people with a family at home.

America strikes back, killing innocent people, people with a family at home.

I'm failing to see the difference here...
__________________
My bands page ^

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible


 
Old 2006-09-12, 07:44
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
I feel what happened on 9/11 is becoming over-sentimental, largely due to the media drumming up support for the war on terror. America forgets that some people have lived with terrorism for 30 or more years and not glorified their retaliation (if any retaliation was carried out at all) with such vigour as America.

Look at Northern Ireland. Terrorism is a thing of the past because the British government actually decided to listen to the other point of view. It is, however, difficult to reason with people who want all Westerners dead for no better treason than we don't believe that Allah is omnipotent. This is still no reason for glorifying what we are doing to the middle east.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
 
Old 2006-09-12, 08:24
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
bla bla bla, its sad, not worth remembering every year, if i died they wouldn't cry for me every year, and those people were just like me. horrific, bad, sad, bla bla yes it happened like 5 years ago time to get over it.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 09:06
HELLBLASTER-666's Avatar
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Thessaloniki,greece
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
I'm not taking sides either.

Middle-easteners attack American buildings, killing innocent people, people with a family at home.

America strikes back, killing innocent people, people with a family at home.

I'm failing to see the difference here...

+1
It's terrorists vs terrorists
__________________
Burnin' and a-lootin' tonight
burnin' all pollution tonight
burnin' all illusion tonight

 
Old 2006-09-12, 10:07
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Most of you people need a better understanding of the world from a first person point of view. If I seem challenging or judgmental to whoever reads this than I'm sorry. I know most of you are young, so please forgive the stereotype I'm about to use, but you know nothing about the rest of the world outside yourself. Although I don't know shit about of most of you personally, I think most of you don't really know shit about the real, fagile, and deadly world we are living in today. You are not going to learn it online, from TV, from living in those hot spots, or joining military service either. That is how I know most of you are completely full of shit. Lots of the post here contain absolute ideals and seem to have everything figured out. The more I've seen of the world the more confused I've become. I'm not sure anyone in this world really knows what the fuck is going on right now, but everyone likes to think they do and that scares me the most for some reason. Sure, it is good to talk about things but some of you need some more insight. I really believe the world might see the beginning of WWIII if shit doesn't cool down. There is just so much building up in the world and pointed at a destructive direction right now. Conditions and ignorance are peaking. The one thing I have learned the best from the military is that safety and freedom are not guaranteed. It is protected by people just like you so if you are not willing to step up and help then don't expect others to do it for you either. Funny how there have been enough people willing to dedicate thier efforts to insuring others feel safe for so long that most people might feel like they never have anything to fear from outside. I used to feel that way! Thats a false since of safety and a deadly mistake if shit on this planet hits the fan, because with the weapons and idealism that exist on this world today.... Lets put it this way, once everyone realizes the cheese is sliding off the cracker ( just like happened on 9/11 ), everyone will want to know why something more was not done to prevent it, but by then its to late. Well, like it or not, things are being done to prevent wrose things from happening. Perhaps you say everyone needs to just let everyone else do as they will? Well thats just fine as long as there isn't someone planning to destroy you and now has the beathing room to do it. You may not really understand it but their are millions of people in this world that want me, you, and all the western world dead right now. Just give it a chance and I promise they can do it too. I wish I could feel like I know what the fuck I was talking about here but the more I know the more unsure I become. I don't think anyone on this world really understands everything either. I'm scared and have good right to be. Everyone in the world needs to be scared. Maybe shit might get better.

Fuck! I didn't want to post this much.

I like to remember the people that died on 9/11. It motivates me to make life count. I wish I could have done more for them all and I wish I could have prevented it, but I can't go back in time so I work to make the future better.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-09-12 at 10:12.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 13:47
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
I know what you mean, Souli. There's so much propaganda out there it's hard to see what's really happening. I dislike most media coverage because it's so biased and just a small portion of a bigger picture. The positive things that happen are overwhelmed by the negatives since that's what "sells" their products. Talking to those that have been there gives a little better perspective, but it's still just a small portion.

I think we should remember 9-11. I think the memorials are good ideas. Last Memorial Day here some of the veterans gathered prior to the parade and the American Legion placed a wreath there. Hubby was one that carried and placed. Those vets remember what they went through in the service to their country and their families and friends. There were heroes in the 9-11 disaster and I don't think it's fair to not remember that our grounds were hit. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

I know yesterday I walked out my back door and saw the moon in the morning sky with a wide jetstream next to it. I went in and got my camera. And I was thinking I'd remember the precise day I took that picture because of the events that day. I remembered how strange it was when all the flights were cancelled and how odd it seemed not to see the jets in the sky. We see quite a few being so close to Cleveland and Erie. I didn't know anyone in the towers and I know it didn't make the impression it did to others that were there. I think it gave me a new appreciation for the safety and freedom we do have over here and that we aren't subjected to some of the horrible conditions that parts of the rest of the world have.

I think it's kind of sad that some whine that more isn't done in certain disasters forgetting that they're human like the rest of us with limits on knowledge and control. Maybe it's because i'm not right in the middle of it though. There's a lot of questions I don't dwell on because I know I'll never have the answers. I just do the best I can and remember those who have done what they could, too.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2006-09-12, 13:50
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Well i'm not going to comment any more about my personal beliefs or my opinion or limited knowledge on the subjects at hand. But i am definately going to say I attempt to forget about this kind of stuff for good reason. Sure i think about it now and again.

But somehwere along hte line a year or 2 ago i realized that continuing to think on such hostile terms doesn't do anything but eat you away. This is why i fail to conduct debates in politics or issues anymore. It drives me insane and i literally just become a pissed off and hostile person. I'll let others make those decisions and those policies for me. If things get fucked up, well sadly enough that is the real world and it happens.

There are some people on here with some pretty solid opinions and ideas. On both sides of the spectrum. I'll just continue to play my metal, live my life and move on because thats the BEST thing i could do, probably for myself, my family (future and present) and beyond. Sure i'm in the Marine Corps, sure i could be deployed to become apart of it. And i'll do it, because i'm told to, and i'll do my best to protect marines lives through good intelligence, because thats what i do.

I feel things will definately get better with a little bit more time. Things dont' get changed better over night. Sure shit can hit hte fan over night, but hardly does it ever work in the opposite manner.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-12, 15:25
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
Damn you moe blunts, creating these uber-controversial threads and getting off while we get more and more pissed at each other.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 15:57
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Damn you moe blunts, creating these uber-controversial threads and getting off while we get more and more pissed at each other.



Moe blunnnnnnnnnnnnnts! *shakes fist wildly*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-12, 17:20
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
9/11 is a bunch of fags.

LOL, let's beef up security at the Canadian boarder because they're a terrorist safe haven! LOLZ.


Fucking morons, they are just digging themselves a hole. In a few years, China will pWn3d America anyways.

At least we will be alive to see the downfall of the US! LOL.

Condi Rice came to Halifax yesterday to thank us for using our runways/schools/hospitals/churches for the planes and people redirected from 9/11.
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 17:47
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
yay MOE_BLUNTS!


*hovers in corner.


and bass........there is no way china can remain communist and surpass the US. the real threat is fuckin japan........that is the epitome of capitalism. chinks and their work ethic....i'll tell ya what.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
 
Old 2006-09-12, 17:51
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
yay MOE_BLUNTS!


*hovers in corner.


and bass........there is no way china can remain communist and surpass the US. the real threat is fuckin japan........that is the epitome of capitalism. chinks and their work ethic....i'll tell ya what.



I agree with this so much. Not to mention the per.. capita if you will of china to america ratio is rediculous. For china to be over the united states economically.. would.. seriously be nearly impossible. I'm not saying its completely impossible damn near improbable, but if you look at the living conditions and economic intake of like 99% of the people in china and compare it to america its not even compareable. As far as Japan goes, something about i guess their work ethic and social ethics makes japan really stand out, and its insane how... powerful a player on the global market they really are. Somethin about that japanese culture must be doin it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-12, 18:27
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
yay MOE_BLUNTS!


*hovers in corner.


and bass........there is no way china can remain communist and surpass the US. the real threat is fuckin japan........that is the epitome of capitalism. chinks and their work ethic....i'll tell ya what.



China's time will come..........
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 18:46
Requiem
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: terra firma
Posts: 6,940
It makes me laugh
 
Old 2006-09-12, 18:50
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
What a pointless celebration.

Also, China will do well. You can't judge the country's economy by the living standards of individual works, as we're used to doing in the case of a country like the U.S. China isn't really by-the-books Communist, and it's recent business plan hasn't been either. More along the lines of centralized planning. And that can, if done well, surpass our brand of capitalism. Especially if its rise happens to coincide with a worldwide disillusionment with America in general that leads to a repudiation of its business interests.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 19:41
Transient's Avatar
Transient
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
china will DOMINATE within 100 years.
__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif
 
Old 2006-09-12, 20:27
Blood Red Bass's Avatar
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,278
I'm gonna stick up for teh NSBM bands. Scandanavia will have its day in the sun.....once they get out of that 8 month winter of total blackness.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
 
Old 2006-09-12, 23:14
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I agree with this so much. Not to mention the per.. capita if you will of china to america ratio is rediculous. For china to be over the united states economically.. would.. seriously be nearly impossible. I'm not saying its completely impossible damn near improbable, but if you look at the living conditions and economic intake of like 99% of the people in china and compare it to america its not even compareable. As far as Japan goes, something about i guess their work ethic and social ethics makes japan really stand out, and its insane how... powerful a player on the global market they really are. Somethin about that japanese culture must be doin it.


I don't think you get it. It's that whole low standard of living which is going to make China the next economic superpower.

One in five people in this world are chinese. They work for next to nothing. Cheap replacable labour. 50 die in a work related accident? Get 100 new guys to replace them!
And if you whine or strike or refuse to work nice little people in nice uniforms and nice shiny weapons will pay you a courtesy visit.

China is going to be the cappitalistic facist state that the US can only dream to be.

Now think about that..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
 
Old 2006-09-12, 23:45
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
 
Old 2006-09-12, 23:57
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scoti...fx.html?ref=rss

"Many protesters dipped their hands in red paint to symbolize blood on their hands as they chanted "Condi go home." "



"WE LIKE POTATOES, NOT RICE"
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-09-13, 01:54
Transient's Avatar
Transient
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:00
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
You think that America hasn't already thought of China's uprising, no way China will dominate, if some fucken metalcunts and any fucken every day person KNOWS that China's gonna dominate, do you think the entire fucken us intelligence and allllll of that bullshit is goin Duuhhhhh we r america an we r teh mos powufuhl contry noting to wory bout. No of course they are all far more intelligent than you and they would have out predicted everything china can do already. but you know what, if im wrong, guess how much i care ill be dead/
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:17
Transient's Avatar
Transient
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
You think that America hasn't already thought of China's uprising, no way China will dominate, if some fucken metalcunts and any fucken every day person KNOWS that China's gonna dominate, do you think the entire fucken us intelligence and allllll of that bullshit is goin Duuhhhhh we r america an we r teh mos powufuhl contry noting to wory bout. No of course they are all far more intelligent than you and they would have out predicted everything china can do already. but you know what, if im wrong, guess how much i care ill be dead/

stick to poetry, not politics, you retard
__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:23
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
Oh dude, trust me I will, I couldn't think of anything more boring.
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:23
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
stick to poetry, not politics, you retard


Hahaha yeah seriously.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:30
blizzard_beast
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
You fucking teenagers are so naive. "China this" and "China that".

Everyone knows Fiji will be the world's new superpower. Their brand of neo-chauvinistic cannibalism will eventually surpass America's own brand of capitalism. Especially if its rise happens to coincide with a worldwide disillusionment with America in general that leads to a repudiation of its business interests.
 
Old 2006-09-13, 02:38
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Oh dude, trust me I will, I couldn't think of anything more boring.



I feel ya brother. I'll stick to myself and my own thing i got going. I could seriously care less what a couple of extremist know it alls on a forum say. Like i said before, i'll let those who need to worry about it, worry about it, and i'll continue to live my life like someone should.

I definately must say again the joining the marine corps definately got me out of that rediculous mind set i had from 16-19 years old. I think its what.... oh growing up yeah thats what it did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-13, 06:06
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
i tried to refrain from stirring shit, im as left as they come. i know some folks here are military and i respect that.


my main beef is with the bush administration, the policies, the lies and the corporate paymasters they serve.
__________________
Quote:
I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead,ainít nobody bad, I know, I looked.......
 
Old 2006-09-13, 06:10
BassBehemoth's Avatar
BassBehemoth
Die Young.
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hellifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I definately must say again the joining the marine corps definately got me out of that rediculous mind set i had from 16-19 years old. I think its what.... oh growing up yeah thats what it did.



Word, I find everyone matures thier mind at 20...
__________________
Bitches, Hoes And Corn Rows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.


RIP moe.
 
Old 2006-09-13, 06:24
Bia's Avatar
Bia
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Local band....
one of their members made this video.....tune about 9-11

I have seen them many times and know several of the guys well and even have jammed with their lead guitarist......
He owned the shit out of me shredding but was nice and gave encouragement.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d...wVideo_0001.flv
 
Old 2006-09-13, 13:05
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Word, I find everyone matures thier mind at 20...



Yeah ok. I could probably list right off the bat people 20 people i know from 20-30 who aren't mature. And i'm sure you could too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
 
Old 2006-09-13, 19:37
OpethFan's Avatar
OpethFan
Toast-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the grass is green, and the girls 69.
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
to quote bill hicks

GO BACK TO BED, AMERICA!


HERE IS 30 CHANNELS OF AMERICAN GLADIATORS

YOU ARE FREE TO DO WHAT WE TELL YOU
__________________
My bands page ^

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible


 
Old 2006-09-13, 21:41
Transient's Avatar
Transient
HES BAAACK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: slaying all the giants
Posts: 9,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
HERE IS 30 CHANNELS OF AMERICAN GLADIATORS

YOU ARE FREE TO DO WHAT WE TELL YOU

__________________
www.myspace.com/crownedmusic
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/transient_shirts/Banner.gif

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Top

========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.