MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-09-08, 04:52
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

The Official Fishing Thread

I am going fishing tomorrow with some friends and some beers(who are also my friends). I went yesterday, failing to catch anything(I was using fake, scented worms). Tomorrow I'll be using real worms and probably some of my friends flies. I am currently not using a bobber or weights. Since I have not been fishing in more than ten years, I'm not very aware of much.(Except I can produce a mean cast.)

Fishing talk and fishing tips welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-09-08, 06:47
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

are you on a boat or on a dock?

if you are on a dock or under some trees, go diggin' in some soil near by for some local worms. they work real well. stink bait is fuckin good too. crickets work nicely. have fun!

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-09-08, 07:06
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

If you like to cast far out into the water than bottom fishing may be your bet. I've done it with both fresh and salt water with amazing results and good fighing. Surface fish don't bite as good when you cast far out unless you are useing a popper lure at dusk and night. There are many things to think about before you sink your line to the bottoms though. Snags, rocks, underwater trees, feel, and waiting for the right time to set the hook are things you learn fast about a bottom fishing locations.

I got tons to say but this a great thread I love fishing and bow hunting. I'll post more later, I'm sure.

What kind of fish do you like to catch?

Old 2006-09-08, 12:08
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, great thread idea! One thing when you use live worms is to use the right size hook and just a piece of worm. You can have a little trailer if you want to, but you don't want to give the fish a meal without them having to bite the hook. I've basically done bank fishing for panfish, bass, and catfish if that's what you're going for. Big catfish are one of the best fights.
What are you fishing for and what weight pole are you using?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-09-08, 18:20
autumncurve
Post-whore

best fishing i ever came across was in North Wales, we caught loads that day. and what a day that was. nothing beats live bait, except a weighted flashy lure i found diving once that is amazing! caught a few big ones on that.

great thread

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2006-09-08, 18:29
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Ahh i love this thread! I weent fishing in Chincoteague bay, i had a rig with 2 hooks, both had squid on them, all of a sudden a huge yank, my 10' surf rod is bending like a twig, after about 5 min of fighting i pull up 5' eel on the bottom hook and a 3' long one on the top hook. It was insanely fun, but eels mess your rig up bad cause they do death rolls that bend your rig terribly.

Old 2006-09-08, 18:56
basstendencies
Senior Metalhead

excellent thread. i love to fish, and living in south florida im lucky enough to have some of the best fishing in the world in my backyard (literally i can catch tarpon and snook from my backyard). our groups biggest conquests include a 505 lbs. jewfish, and a 7 1/2 foot nurse shark, but there are some REAL monsters out there we're still in search of. bassbehemoth, any of you canucks straggle down south drop me a line, and we'll go after some trophy fish.
fish on brothers!!

Old 2006-09-09, 04:26
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Wow, I didn't expect so many great replies. Last time I was in Flordia was 4 years ago, but you're too old for me anyways.

Umm, we were fishing off of a large conglamoration of rock today, my firend caught one small mouth bass within about 30 seconds from the first cast! Fearfag later came, but him and I didn't catch shit..well, I caught a mussel and a stick if that counts.

"Legally" you're not supposed to use worms past September 1st here...and I actually threw the worms back into the forest.

I'm using reflective smaller deflective lures now, probably at most lakes around here you will catch bass or trout.

Frost and I are going fishing tomorrow at another lake(s), so I hope the catching is good.

Oh, we tried to get my canoe from our storage trailer, but my dad is gone away until Sunday...so next week it will be all canoe fishing.(Which is really good because I lost 3 lures today from underwater snagging that aren't mine. )

Cheers guys, thanks for the replies!

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-09-09, 04:31
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Hell yeah, mostly largemouth and pickerel and shit like that. There's a river aound where I live that used to be amazing for smallmouth... you could throw anything that you could fish topwater and catch 30+ fish in a day... mostly 1 - 2.5 pound fish though, nothing big. I also go striper fishing sometimes in the spring, a few years ago I caught a 26 pounder I have a picture actually, it's from back when I had short hair, maybe I'll scan it tomorrow.

Old 2006-09-09, 05:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddist
Ahh i love this thread! I weent fishing in Chincoteague bay, i had a rig with 2 hooks, both had squid on them, all of a sudden a huge yank, my 10' surf rod is bending like a twig, after about 5 min of fighting i pull up 5' eel on the bottom hook and a 3' long one on the top hook. It was insanely fun, but eels mess your rig up bad cause they do death rolls that bend your rig terribly.

Nearly the same thing happened to me.. except i was on a charter boat out in the atlantic ocean (best buy EVER) .Dude we seriously caught fish.. nearly every 7 seconds.. iot was rediculous.. but back to what i was saying, i caught 2 sharks on the same fucking line it was sick. i thought i had one shark on my line.. it was a good fight.. pulled the line up.. and there was 2 fucking sharks on it.. awesome shit... awesome shit.. Salt water is the best.

Everytime i go fresh water fishing.. i return with.. NOTHING> we call it the cornwell curse. Basically no cornwell (in my family) can catch shit.. except my uncle because he spends most of his life fishing.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-09-09, 06:38
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

ivnt been fishing in ages. but i plan to soon with my dad. my favorite part about fishing is eating the fish! i love lemon pepper on fish. i wish i had some now.

Old 2006-09-09, 06:49
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

Well im also into fishing, though I have been very lazy and havn't gone for a while I also enjoy hunting and spear fishing, maybe we could change it to the official outdoors thread?

Old 2006-09-09, 07:00
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Fishing rules. That is one relaxing and peaceful hobby. Except when your line becomes tangled with another's.

I mostly fish for trout up north but occasionlly fish in a local bay. I've deep-sea fished a number of times which is fun too, though I never happen to catch much..
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-09-09, 07:27
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

The most intense fishing I've ever done was something called "Hog Fishing". You got to be MAN and crazy enough to reach you arm into an eroded shore line, feel around for a monster 20-50 lb catfish that like to sleep and rest there, and slip you hand into thier mouth.

Once in you grab the gills and try to pull the fucker on the land ( unless you manage to grab a snake instead ). Not an easy way to fish but exciting. Once you got a hand in thier mouth they clamp down really hard ( catfish do have teeth ) and try to make for deep water... with you in tow. The three giant fin/spine/barbs on catfish are no less deadly than that of a giant sting ray so if you end up in the water with the beast than keep it away from your body holding vital organs. I've been barbed while cleaning many catfish and that shit hurts.

I've only done this type of fishing a few times. It is dirty, scary, and fun as hell. Find other people that know what they are doing before you try it though. My Brother-in-Law ( ex-Marine ) took me to try it when I was 13-14 y.o. It wasn't for me though ( I wasn't as big a drunk back then either ).

I'm no expert on this type of fishing but I can say its fun as hell. I have known of people that were drowned from trying it though. Be careful if you do it.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-09-09 at 07:31.

Old 2006-09-09, 07:37
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
The most intense fishing I've ever done was something called "Hog Fishing". You got to be MAN and crazy enough to reach you arm into an eroded shore line, feel around for a monster 20-50 lb catfish that like to sleep and rest there, and slip you hand into thier mouth.

Once in you grab the gills and try to pull the fucker on the land ( unless you manage to grab a snake instead ). Not an easy way to fish but exciting. Once you got a hand in thier mouth they clamp down really hard ( catfish do have teeth ) and try to make for deep water... with you in tow. The three giant fin/spine/barbs on catfish are no less deadly than that of a giant sting ray so if you end up in the water with the beast than keep it away from your body holding vital organs. I've been barbed while cleaning many catfish and that shit hurts.

I've only done this type of fishing a few times. It is dirty, scary, and fun as hell. Find other people that know what they are doing before you try it though. My Brother-in-Law ( ex-Marine ) took me to try it when I was 13-14 y.o. It wasn't for me though ( I wasn't as big a drunk back then either ).

I'm no expert on this type of fishing but I can say its fun as hell. I have known of people that were drowned from trying it though. Be careful if you do it.

I have heard of that, man them catfish are monsters. I would love to give it a go someday.

Old 2006-09-09, 08:20
autumncurve
Post-whore

haha that sounds like some ancient sea legend soul. i can imagine you wrestling some big fucker of a catfish.

i've never done any shit like that but you can get some awesome mackrell off the coast near me. tasty fish. loads of bass out there too, and garfish are fucking nice aswell, green bones when cooked

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-09-09, 15:09
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane

*Cough* *Cough* Former Marine... *Cough* *Cough*

Navy....
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2006-09-10, 20:54
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

My kid, Mike, that used to go fishing with me all the time jumped in the pond after a catfish that had broken the line the day before, but still had a line and bobber attached to it. That was one of the funniest situations we ever had fishing. He tried to recatch it the day before and would cast near the area whenever he saw the bobber surface. The next day when we went across the street to fish we found a dead catfish on the bank and figured it was that one. He took it and threw it in the woods. While we were fishing I pointed out across the pond and there was that darn bobber again! He tried all day to catch it again and finally the kids that owned th pond came out with some feed and all the cats surfaced. He saw the bobber again finally and took off his shorts and shirt and jumped on top of them. He missed and he got his cigarettes wet, but it was so funny!

If you aren't catching anything, pay attention to the light conditions and use the right color lures. Depending on if it's overcast or sunny certain ones will be more visible than others. Think like a fish and you'll start catching them. Also, the Old Farmer's Almanac always says that 2 days before or after a moon phase is the best time to catch. If it's a new moon or a full moon it's not good, but a couple days before or after is good.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2006-09-10 at 20:58.

Old 2006-09-10, 23:25
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I went fishing today, and lost two of my new lures I bought.

Didn't catch shit all..not even mussels this time.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-09-10, 23:35
autumncurve
Post-whore

they're just testing you, keep trying. take beer next time. and lots of live bait...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-09-28, 19:46
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Does anyone know how to properly spool a reel with line? I use a baitcaster(the type with the cover)...and I have no idea how to thread a new line in without breaking the whole damned thing. I unscrew the main cover...but I'm lost from there.

Any help? Cheers.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-01, 10:25
Wired_hatreD
New Blood

What you got there is a spincast reel. Take the cover off, run the line threw the hole in the cover. Now tie the line around the spool, keep your line taut, put your cover back on and reel in, always keeping the line taut. Dont put too much line on, those reels are known for their fucking tangling problems.

I fucking love fishing!!! Its right there with music to me, and Ive been doing it since I was fucking 3 years old. I used to fish with live bait only, but around middle school I got infatuated with bass fishing and using lures. Now I mainly use lures to catch all my fish, except catfish of course although they bite lures every now and then. I fish for bass all year long, and I fish a lot of stripers in the colder months in the aquaduct and the San Luis dam and forebay being that they are 20 minutes away. Every now and then ill fish for trout, and definatley love going deep sea fishing in Monterey

I also make my own lures, like worms, senkos, drop-shot worms, and flukes. Anyone need some worms in their favorite colors let me know, ill sell em cheap too! Fishing is the shit!!!!

Old 2006-10-01, 16:40
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Fishing Is Brutal.

Old 2006-10-01, 17:58
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

I still havnt gone fishing like i planned. probably for the better, cause its been hot since summer, minus a few days of clouds covering the entire sky, which is always amazing. Winter is approaching, which isnt really cold here, so i'll probably fish when its around 60-70 degrees outside.

Old 2006-10-01, 18:11
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
Winter is approaching, which isnt really cold here, so i'll probably fish when its around 60-70 degrees outside.

lol, that's so cold.

Wired_hatreD - Mine reel doesn't have a second hole after you take the cover off. The line is wrapped up.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-01, 18:23
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
lol, that's so cold.

hah, i knew that was coming. /\/\y \/\/|/\/+3R |z <0|D3r +4@/\/ y3rz!

i dont think id want to fish freezing my ass off. and since fishing isnt a very physical act, i mean you may sit for long periods of time waiting, i dont want to feel like i cant move cause im too cold! not to mention when your hands get wet and then the wind is blowing like ice on them.

Old 2006-10-01, 18:46
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
hah, i knew that was coming. /\/\y \/\/|/\/+3R |z <0|D3r +4@/\/ y3rz!

This winter it probably won't even snow..godamn global warming, I want the gR1mN3zz back!

Wear gloves if your hands are cold! Wait, do they sell winter gloves in Texas?

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-10-02, 08:32
EternalVengeance
New Blood

Lets Fish

The first lure i tie on is a mini kink white spinner bait.Fish it on top, if that doesnt work slow your retrieve. After that, or when it starts warming up I tie on a watermelon red flake sinco worm, weight less. It kills them. If that doesnt work there are always minnows,or shad.

Old 2006-10-02, 08:37
EternalVengeance
New Blood

wired hatred

Hook me up..exscuse the pun.I would like to see what you have.Do you impregnate your worms with scents or salt?Let me know.

Old 2006-10-02, 09:08
EternalVengeance
New Blood

spooling a real

If you have to many problems spooling up your real,Academy charges about $4.

Old 2006-10-02, 10:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh hell, you guys haven't lived til you get your pole ready in the warmth of a vehicle and then run out in the snow and cast and then run back into the warm car. We had the Mr. Ranger Sirs pull up next to us to see what we were doing and then they saw the poles. The one guy said he wasn't even going to check our license because if we were that diehard we had to have them. I didn't catch anything, but I think my b/f caught a couple steelies.

BassB'-- The biggest trick to winding those reels is getting it smoothly wound. Once you string it through that hole and tie the line, wrap it manually a few times around the spool before you start cranking it. The weight of the cover should put enough tension on the line to give you a good wrap. And like the other person said, don't put too much line on it.

Old 2007-07-21, 22:53
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

lulz..I haven't been fishing since I made this thread. Anyone else doing some fish'n?

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-07-22, 00:27
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

last time i went fishing was with basstendencies over in naples sometime last year. we didn't have any luck though.

Old 2007-07-22, 00:30
Requiem
Post-whore

I regret all the chances I've had to get drunk and fish.

Thinking about going sober with some friends.

Old 2007-07-22, 00:38
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

you kidding? beer and fishing goes together like beer and grilling, beer and parties, and beer and watching football.

Old 2007-07-22, 00:56
mathias krieg
Senior Metalhead

in Alabama we've been known to fish... I've not participated since I was a kid though. We used to go over to the river which was never fished by anyone else that I can recall and wade out into neck-deep water holding rods overhead. I prefer to fish with spinning gear and topwater lures so I don't go getting stuck on underwater logs and stuff, although I was the master of the tree limb cast. I'd pull out a couple of largemouth bass (possibly the county-wide record, it weighed at least a couple of pounds i think) and watch the freshwater drum splashing around in shallows and the gar hanging around menacingly.. I didnt want to accidentally hook one. If you've never heard of the alligator gar you should google it, it's an interesting beast, sort of like an 8 foot pickerel from hell.

Old 2007-07-22, 06:08
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
lulz..I haven't been fishing since I made this thread. Anyone else doing some fish'n?

I haven't since last summer and i've been regreting it almost every single day since then.

Old 2007-07-22, 06:58
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I have fished much this year and I have caught many fish. I let most go to grow and breed, but I will keep and eat the giant fish at the end of natural life.

Fishing is very relaxing even of you don't catch any thing. It's a good time to just think about being alive.

Old 2007-07-22, 07:31
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hah i've never caught a fish in my life. granted i haven't been fishing a whole lot..and when i did the majority of it, i had no idea what i was doing...or even what fish were in the water there. i don't like fish as food anyway..so it's no big deal for me.

Old 2007-07-22, 07:44
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Fishing is a reason to drink beer and hang with friends. Most of my friends don't have much to say while fishing, but I don't like people that talk about everything they know or have seen either.

Old 2007-07-22, 07:57
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, it is definitely a good time to just sit back and chill out. beer = mandatory.

i don't think i even have a pole anymore...if i do, it's somewhere at my parents house.

Old 2007-07-22, 14:54
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
beer and fishing goes together like beer and grilling, beer and parties, and beer and watching football.

haha. "Beer and living".

I want to go fishing all the time but my friends never want too.

I haven't caught a fish in my life either. I blame the pollution.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-07-23, 00:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh man, you should come down here. I miss going with my kid. All my rubber worms are gooey it's been so long. I don't have anyone to go with anymore.

Old 2007-07-23, 00:22
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Oh man, you should come down here. I miss going with my kid. All my rubber worms are gooey it's been so long. I don't have anyone to go with anymore.

I could come fishing with you.

Old 2007-07-23, 00:47
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

I haven't been fishing for a few years. Last time I went I was out on the pacific ocean catching rock bass and cod, and shit, that was 5 years ago. Yeah, fishing is boring as fuck without beer.

Old 2007-07-23, 12:45
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh that's a crock. I don't drink really and I've had a ball. I've tipped off a tacklebox into a river shallow, gone snake hunting, chased frogs, caught the biggest smallie for my first one --it was about 3 inches long. I realized my own strength pulling myself on a tree branch scaling a hillside. I even managed to "mom" a kid I didn't know who cut his leg up hiking in the woods with his buddies. I caught a huge carp once and had the handle on my reel fall off while I was reeling it in.

Old 2007-07-23, 23:41
christianiastheshit
Metalhead

Whoa look at all these Metalheads/fisherman!!

I used to love fishing, I haven't been out in a while though. Best fishing I've ever done was in the North Sea, right in the tiny gap between Denmark and Sweden. We were catching 30 pound Cod like it was our job!! Walked away with literally hundreds of pounds of Cod and Mackerel. It was a killer experience.

Old 2007-07-23, 23:51
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

I love trout fishing...its calm and peaceful at the same time.

How do we call this in english, when you're fishing with an artificial insect and your fishing cane is very long and you need to dry the artificial insect every minutes?

anyway I love this kind of fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2007-07-24, 00:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
I love trout fishing...its calm and peaceful at the same time.

How do we call this in english, when you're fishing with an artificial insect and your fishing cane is very long and you need to dry the artificial insect every minutes?

anyway I love this kind of fishing

Fly fishing i believe is what you are talking about.

Where you cast... and cast.... and cast... and cast.. and cast.

Old 2007-07-24, 00:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yup, that's fly fishing. Whip that line and let 'er fly out. Lauren Hutton is a fly fisherwoman.

Old 2007-07-24, 03:48
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i've never been fly fishing before. just regular old fishing..in lakes, rivers, and the ocean. i want to go deep sea fishing on time! that looks like a hell of a good time.

if i only i liked seafood. shrimp is ok..but i haven't been a big fan of anything else. too me..all that stuff tastes better with as much butter or breading as possible..which makes it kinda pointless for me.

Old 2007-07-24, 05:19
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

YES fly fishing!, in french its the samething, but i wasnt sure if i shall say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2008-05-01, 18:35
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Sure I'll revive it. I gotta be bad once in awhile.

The steelhead trout are running right now. A friend's friend came up from Texas and caught one they ate last night for dinner. It was about 30 inches long and she said very tasty.

Anyone else heard the saying "The steelies run when a dogwood bud is the size of a turkey's eye." ?????

Old 2009-05-20, 23:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay, I'll do it again. I just walked back across the street from my neighbor's and another neighbor had been fishing there. He caught a largemouth about 4 pounds with a mouth bigger than my fist. (no innuendo.) It had beautiful color and looked like it was ready to pop roe. He had his camera so I took his picture with it. Even the pond owner was shocked to see one that big from there. Most we'd seen were about 10 inches long, but this was a beauty.

Old 2009-05-21, 04:03
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Blehhh I went last thursday for stripers and didn't catch a damn thing