MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-07-31, 14:37
Slaytanic Jess
New Blood

Metal Magazines

Are there any good metal magaiznes out there i can get a subscription to?

Old 2006-07-31, 14:39
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Almost exclusively they are hammered shit. I would be delighted to hear of any exceptions.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-07-31, 14:53
low-tech
Post-whore

zines

not over the counter tabloid shit

im more into punk zines and there is a general overlap of music so you get metal reviews/interviews as well

slug and lettuce

maximum rock n roll

profane existance

i havent regulary followed any in years

Old 2006-07-31, 16:56
amerok
Senior Metalhead

the metal magazine Terrorizer isnt that bad - pricey around here though, as its printed in england. http://www.terrorizer.com/

Old 2006-07-31, 18:15
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They're all mediocre. You can find better shit on the internet for free.

Old 2006-07-31, 19:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
They're all mediocre. You can find better shit on the internet for free.

You're correct.

http://www.metal-observer.com/home.php?lid=1
http://www.metal-archives.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-07-31, 19:49
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

What about PIT? I haven't checked it out recently but they used to be a good place to read about semi-popular death metal like Nile, Behemoth and shit like that. I could only find it in tower records though, they wouldn't sell that shit in a grocery store down here, haha.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-07-31, 19:50
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Oh yah...I forgot about blabbermouth.

Usually the dm mag's are way over priced and full of garbage.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-01, 04:07
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
zines

not over the counter tabloid shit

im more into punk zines and there is a general overlap of music so you get metal reviews/interviews as well

slug and lettuce

maximum rock n roll

profane existance

i havent regulary followed any in years

This is true. All the good ones are harder to find.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-08-01, 04:20
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
What about PIT? I haven't checked it out recently but they used to be a good place to read about semi-popular death metal like Nile, Behemoth and shit like that. I could only find it in tower records though, they wouldn't sell that shit in a grocery store down here, haha.

yeam there is a good range of bands in there, from metalcore to raw black metal. however, i prefer to read about my metal online.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-08-01, 07:41
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerok
the metal magazine Terrorizer isnt that bad - pricey around here though, as its printed in england. http://www.terrorizer.com/

Terrorizer is fucking really really gay. Gayest bands ever. Wow some guys with white paint are scrunching up their faces for their photoshoots. Satyricon being the headlining band for an issue of Terrorizer is juist really gay. All the bands in that mag SUCK.

Metal Maniacs is much better, but they have off issues.

Old 2006-08-01, 07:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

BRAVE WORDS AND BLOODY KNUCKLEZ.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-01, 08:30
low-tech
Post-whore

im suprised noone here is into the whole BM zine shit that is huge. my roomate has an Oaken-Throne issue. the art and lay-out is amazing, not my thing tho. its all boneheaded elitism BM shit.

like if black metal actually had street cred, that shit could almost fly. i love reading shit that accuses people of being posuers and art fags when they themselves are nerds enough to self-produce a fucking zine, like the author is some badass motherfucker.

aside from interviews which i enjoy<when done ad verbatum>,part of why i dont read zines is you are reading reviews<and an incredible bulk of ads> for music that all sounds the same and more or less sucks on average, usually conducted by either failed musicians or straight up hacks who couldnt possibly put anything they done on the table. the best way to get into bands is a live show, word of mouth on the internet, or friends. i tolerate a few zines now and then, its a love/hate relationship.

online metal info sites im not familiar with. the blabbermouth shit seems almost tabloidic

the metal archives is funny, ill look over thier forum once in a while and seriously, alot of those reviewers/band submitters take the message,the image, the sound way too seriously. alot of folks who are no different than zine nerds, non-musicians who hang an every naunce of bullshit about a band, a style of metal, a lyrical theme and fucking fill up pages of shit about it. i like that site tho and think its an excellent idea.

Old 2006-08-01, 09:12
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

BEST MAGS ARE TERRORISER, METAL MANIACS and I recently saw this call one called UNRESTRAINED which was just like 90 pages of back to back interviews it was cool.