Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-08-25, 01:45
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Seats

Get a load of this:

My Gigantour show this Friday is going to be at a venue with seats...FUCKING SEATS. How fucking ridiculous is that? Nevermore will make me go insane, there will be moshing...seats or no seats.

Old 2005-08-25, 01:55
The Execrator
Noob lud

Hahaha, i want to see a mosh pit over seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-25, 01:55
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Most of the people who'll be there for Nevermore's set are just DT fans who want to get up close early on so they'll have a good view of Portnoy's kit and Petrucci's fretting hand, and who can't understand why anybody would headbang or mosh or otherwise get into the music. So I doubt there would be much moshing anyway. Warrell kept telling the crowd to start when I saw them, but the crowd just didn't get it. They also looked at my like I was a psychopath who'd break into their house, kill their pets, rape their children, tie them down, and take a nice, relaxing dump on their chests whilst juggling the corpses of their pets and then throwing them at their raped children for headbanging and singing along. I'm glad Dream Theater won't still be on the bill when I see it again, if I see it again.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:02
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Most of the people who'll be there for Nevermore's set are just DT fans who want to get up close early on so they'll have a good view of Portnoy's kit and Petrucci's fretting hand, and who can't understand why anybody would headbang or mosh or otherwise get into the music. So I doubt there would be much moshing anyway. Warrell kept telling the crowd to start when I saw them, but the crowd just didn't get it. They also looked at my like I was a psychopath who'd break into their house, kill their pets, rape their children, tie them down, and take a nice, relaxing dump on their chests whilst juggling the corpses of their pets and then throwing them at their raped children for headbanging and singing along. I'm glad Dream Theater won't still be on the bill when I see it again, if I see it again.

Well fuck me. Nevermore should be fucking headlining. I hope to goodness that Nevermore has a headlining tour after this. I like Dream Theater, but the fans are elitist fucktards. The other bands can bite me (Symphony X isn't playing Boston).

CONSUME......CONFORM

Old 2005-08-25, 02:04
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Nevermore should have a headlining tour in the US when they get back from headlining Europe. That's what they say, but they've said the same before. This 30 minutes shit is like a cock tease.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:07
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

It's a crime against humanity.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:47
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I didn't think it was possible to headbang or mosh to Dream Theater.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-08-25, 02:50
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I left before Dream Theater. I was talking about Nevermore.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:53
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I didn't think it was possible to headbang or mosh to Dream Theater.

Oh, its not. A slight nod of the head is the most you will ever achieve, as well as the overwhelming desire to cleanse your ears every four seconds due to the horrendous singing.

Old 2005-08-25, 03:08
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Nawwww, more like...."it makes ya wanna wip out the vacuum cleaner and duster."
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-08-25, 03:35
Transient
HES BAAACK

lol steve just saw this show and he said there were guards to make sure you sat in your chair and didnt stand up

what a stupid tour

Old 2005-08-25, 03:50
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
lol steve just saw this show and he said there were guards to make sure you sat in your chair and didnt stand up

what a stupid tour

Jesus jizz-mopping Christ. How lame. Someone from Michigan said the guards were lax there, but it will probably be like this example of yours in Boston. Maybe I won't go.

Old 2005-08-25, 03:54
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

That is quite shit indeed. I think Dream Theatre fags are to blame too. They are even worse than opeth fags.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-08-25, 03:56
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

That I blame on Mustaine.

Old 2005-08-25, 04:57
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient

what a stupid tour

Wtf?? My friends went to the concert in Irvine and everyone sat but when Megadeth came on everyone just stood. Seemed like no one was stopping anyone from doing so.

Old 2005-08-25, 05:21
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Dees is burrshit.

Old 2005-08-25, 05:23
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
They are even worse than opeth fags.

Cunt.

Fuck that, you dont have a metal tour with fucking seats, thats just stupid. A lot of the point of seeing this sorta music live is to go nuts and get into the atmosphere, that just blows having to sit.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-25, 11:47
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Nevermore is comming to my town in september
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-08-25, 14:22
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
Nevermore is comming to my town in september

Where is this? Are they making any other such stops?

Old 2005-08-25, 16:47
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium

He lives in Europe i belive.

Old 2005-08-25, 17:29
Transient
HES BAAACK

haha im not lying, steve had to sit during megadeth

owned

Old 2005-08-25, 17:54
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium

Holland. They just reopend the stage venue in my shitass town, and already the metal bill is owning both Amsterdam and Utrecht
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-25, 19:22
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Holland. They just reopend the stage venue in my shitass town, and already the metal bill is owning both Amsterdam and Utrecht

So fortunate...

I have decided not to go to this shitty tour. The "good seats" are $45, then you factor in gas, parking in Boston...and it is totally not worth it just to see Nevermore.

Old 2005-08-25, 20:03
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

When I went to Gigantour people were moshing in the seats............

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-25, 20:03
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

nevermore is 15 buck, and i only have to cycle to the gig.

offcoarse, for the opeth gig in tilburg i have to go with the train (20 bucks traveling) and i probably have to leave early to catch the last train back.
But I have the opeth gig in amsterdam to make up for it.
And If for some unfortunate event, I still miss parts of that gig, well there 2 more opeth gigs in holland in december

[/fanboy mode]

did i mention i saw bloodbath in wacken?
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-25, 20:48
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

What is this sitting bullshit? Your venues must suck.

Old 2005-08-25, 21:11
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
What is this sitting bullshit? Your venues must suck.

Well, typically the metal shows here are at a venue called the Palladium in Worcester...where there is a huge floor area. But feeble-minded Mustaine, or whoever did the booking, chose Boston instead...Boston is dirty, crowded, and the main venue has seats!

Old 2005-08-25, 21:11
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
nevermore is 15 buck, and i only have to cycle to the gig.

offcoarse, for the opeth gig in tilburg i have to go with the train (20 bucks traveling) and i probably have to leave early to catch the last train back.
But I have the opeth gig in amsterdam to make up for it.
And If for some unfortunate event, I still miss parts of that gig, well there 2 more opeth gigs in holland in december

[/fanboy mode]

did i mention i saw bloodbath in wacken?

I can't wait to move to Europe.

Old 2005-08-25, 21:24
The Execrator
Noob lud

Whens that going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-25, 21:29
low-tech
Post-whore

what is that the tweeter center or some shit, no wait, i just looked it up, Bank of America Pavilion, what a name for a venue

boston dirty??? its the cleanest city i ever seen, it lacks normal venues is all, everything is owned by some bigshot corporation and yeah it'll have seats coz that shit is built for fat, rich middle age babyboomers and fleetwood mac reunion tour bullshit. middle east and tt the bears is all there is left of the good ol days of normal venues,bars etc. the rat was turned into a high end jewellery store. its all gentrified for rich fucks

boston sucks

Old 2005-08-26, 02:29
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
what is that the tweeter center or some shit, no wait, i just looked it up, Bank of America Pavilion, what a name for a venue

boston dirty??? its the cleanest city i ever seen, it lacks normal venues is all, everything is owned by some bigshot corporation and yeah it'll have seats coz that shit is built for fat, rich middle age babyboomers and fleetwood mac reunion tour bullshit. middle east and tt the bears is all there is left of the good ol days of normal venues,bars etc. the rat was turned into a high end jewellery store. its all gentrified for rich fucks

boston sucks

Yeah...I was just venting. The water and air is pretty dirty though.

Old 2005-08-26, 02:31
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Whens that going to be?

I am going to study there for a year, in a year, then move after I graduate.

Old 2005-08-26, 04:37
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Wtf?? My friends went to the concert in Irvine and everyone sat but when Megadeth came on everyone just stood. Seemed like no one was stopping anyone from doing so.

and how . i headbanged only to the intro of This Dying Soul by Dream Theater, then Labries vocals were pissing me off [the sound was waay to high on his mic and it was just screeching] so I went of to take a shit.

And there were Dream Theater elitist, they looked like 30-50 years old. there was a circle of them yelling, "We're here to see Dream Theater Dammit! These kids (points at me while sitting down because im waiting for my gf to get out of the shitter) and they see me looking right at them and they kind of pipe down, but then go on even louder than before because im a dumb kid "thats just there for Fear Factory or Megadeth". It was such bullshit .a lot of jackfucks left right after Dream Theater too.

Old 2005-08-28, 04:02
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

I love Dream Theater. I hate Dream Theater elitists, or elitists of any other breed for that matter.
The show in my town was kickass. I was in the seats, front and center, so I had a really good view of the stage. I was thinking about going downstairs for Megadeth to join in the moshing, but was too lazy to get out of my comfy seat. I headbanged like crazy, though, both for DT and Megadeth. I didn't even see any of the previous bands, I got there right before the start of DT's set. And yes, I too was pissed off by LeBrie's vocals. The guy is the luckiest son of a bitch on the planet to still be in DT. You've got a guy like Petrucci on guitar, a guy who knows his shit inside out upside down, and then you have a fucking squealer on the mic who can't even sing all that great. It's sad.
I don't know why there would be security guards to ensure no one got up from their seats, must be some safety policy they have at the venue, I doubt Mustaine would enact something that silly. They had signs all over the place at Hard Rock saying No Moshing or Crowd Surfing, you'll be kicked out if you do, some such bullshit, but that shit just went right out the window when Megadeth hit the stage. For their encore, Holy Wars, the entire floor just exploded. It was fucking insane. The seats weren't a lot calmer either.
The Hard Rock is a cool place to see a show, though, because it has the best of both worlds; great seats if you just wanna sit down and chill out with a beer, and a huge ass floor if you wanna rock out with your cock out. I guess some of you guys just had the misfortune of seeing the show in really bad venues.
Can't really blame Dave for booking the show in small venures, I mean, hell, look at the figures, the California and Arizona shows had horrible attendance. They had one show where the capacity was like 6,000, and only about a thousand people showed up. The Hard Rock was sold out, though.

Old 2005-08-28, 04:14
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

seating is quite possibly the worst thing to be within 20 miles of a metal band.
its extroadinarily aggrivating to be told where you must be whilst watching a band, and then to fill that space with a chair adds insult to injury.
seating is pointless and obtrusive, and nearly as irritating as non-smoking venues.

what a good thing it is that the birmingham NEC hes niether seating nor
non-smoking policies, and that it doesn't cost fucking Ł50 to travel to london to see a band, and that there are loads of other great venues large enough to accomodate bigger bands in the south west.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Old 2005-08-28, 04:20
low-tech
Post-whore

seats gotta be more of a hazzard for a crowd, i hate arenas and big venues anyway

Old 2005-08-30, 06:06
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

The Hard Rock solved this problem quite nicely. The seats are on a balcony. You get a real nice view of the stage and the band and you can go down into the crowd whenever you feel like it. They're quite comfy, too.
I like moshing and all, but not as much as I did two or three years ago. It's kinda nice when you don't have to spend two fucking hours standing surrounded by selly, sweaty, fat fucks. You can breathe a little.
Breathing = good.

Old 2005-08-30, 06:23
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_nu_metal
Breathing = good.

+ living.

I know what you mean, we have some fucking brutal moshes here, its just how people mosh.

Especially to fucking metal You HAVE to be big, if you go in a metal mosh here, and your a twig, you get snapped.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-30, 07:17
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Stop bitching about seats, at least you get fucking decent bands touring your country, hell you get decent bands touring your city so QUIT YOUR FUCKING BITCHING!!!!

(that said Seats are Uber Gay)

Old 2005-08-30, 17:37
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
Especially to fucking metal You HAVE to be big, if you go in a metal mosh here, and your a twig, you get snapped.

hah yeah, id know, i got sickass whiplash in a Transmetal pit.

Old 2005-08-30, 19:12
obrien20
Post-whore

Seats, damn.

Last year Dimmu Borgir played here and the place were like, half pit, half seats, it was cool, because when you get tired or something, you can go over there and have a seat. (I were seated all the time, just watching the almighty (homo) Shagrath).

Now, Nevermore with seats just don't fit.

Old 2005-08-30, 20:08
YJM04
Post-whore

JP's solo record was awesome. yea the guy in DT cant sing worth shit.most good guitarist are stuck with shitty singers. im glad JP went solo cuz they were holding him back.
my opionion. now i cant wait for that new G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Old 2005-08-31, 02:29
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
+ living.

I know what you mean, we have some fucking brutal moshes here, its just how people mosh.

I'm not very big, but I can holld my own in a pit. Hell, when I saw Slayer, I was kicking ass and taking names left and right. Got a whole list of people. Some even gave me their phone numbers.
However, once the 200 plus pound rednecks get in there, I politely excuse myself 'cause I know it's about to get nasty. The key is to keep your knees slightly bent and basically use your legs as shock absorbers.
Once, though, I got hit from behind, and I landed on my arm, sprained my elbow a bit, nothing serious, but it hurt for a couple days. I was lucky I didn't break anything that time.
What I really hate is when some asshole goes into a pit to work out some personal shit, and starts kicking and punching and throwing elbows left and right, it's stupid. Pople like that don't last very long though, they usually get picked up by one of the big fellas and tossed to the side.
I guess the main reason I kicked ass for Slayer was because most of the guys there were girly looking gothic boys in mesh shirts. Those little bitches were puny, even compared to me.

Old 2005-08-31, 02:43
low-tech
Post-whore

when i took judo/aikido i learned something pretty obvious but useful, in a mosh pit or whatever just relax your muscles and kinda crouch<center of gravity>dead weight is harder to move, i find i can stand better and take impact from flying bodies better if my body isnt all stressed and rigid