MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-01-26, 10:40
SARS
Post-whore

for people who find annoyancies within america

Dunno whether he actually wrote this but, it does seem of John Cleese mind...and i can imagine him saying it. Ah well, it gave me a morning chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cleese?
Letter to America
by John Cleese

To the citizens of the United States of America, in the light of your failure to elect a competent President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy.

Your new prime minister (The Right Honourable Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium." Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour', skipping the letter U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters. You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix "ize" will be replaced by the suffix "ise." You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.

Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary."

Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up "interspersed." There will be no more 'bleeps' in the Jerry Springer show. If you're not old enough to cope with bad language then you shouldn't have chat shows. When you learn to develop your vocabulary then you won't have to use bad language as often.

2. There is no such thing as "US English." We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of "-ize."

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It really isn't that hard. English accents are not limited to cockney, upper-class twit or Mancunian (Daphne in Frasier). You will also have to learn how to understand regional accents - Scottish dramas such as "Taggart" will no longer be broadcast with subtitles. While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is "Devon." If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys. Hollywood will be required to cast English actors to play English characters. British sit-coms such as "Men Behaving Badly" or "Red Dwarf" will not be re-cast and watered down for a wishy-washy American audience who can't cope with the humour of occasional political incorrectness.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American "football." There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US Rugby sevens side by 2005.

You should stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called "rounders," which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.

7. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler. Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 2nd will be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be called "Indecisive Day."

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean. All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts. You will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

10. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips. Fries aren't even French, they are Belgian though 97.85% of you (including the guy who discovered fries while in Europe) are not aware of a country called Belgium. Those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called "crisps." Real chips are thick cut and fried in animal fat. The traditional accompaniment to chips is beer which should be served warm and flat. Waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.

11. As a sign of penance 5 grams of sea salt per cup will be added to all tea made within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this quantity to be doubled for tea made within the city of Boston itself.

12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all, it is lager. From November 1st only proper British Bitter will be referred to as "beer," and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as "Lager." The substances formerly known as "American Beer" will henceforth be referred to as "Near-Frozen Knat's Urine," with the exception of the product of the American Budweiser company whose product will be referred to as "Weak Near-Frozen Knat's Urine." This will allow true Budweiser (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in Pilsen, Czech Republic) to be sold without risk of confusion.

13. From November 10th the UK will harmonise petrol (or "Gasoline," as you will be permitted to keep calling it until April 1st 2005) prices with the former USA. The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $6/US gallon get used to it).

14. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent. Guns should only be handled by adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.

15. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

16. Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).

Thank you for your co-operation.

If you are american and offended by that, than you Sir are an idiot.

Old 2005-01-26, 10:54
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Well Crikey! I agree with every letter of that letter. I can't stand "US English" - Seriously.

Good ol' John Cleese.

EDIT: Wait, not point 6.

Last edited by Cloaca : 2005-01-26 at 10:56.

Old 2005-01-26, 10:58
SARS
Post-whore

Anybody see him when he was on some american chat show?

He was asked, "What's the difference between English people and American people?"

His reply:-

"Well first; We speak English. Secondly, we have a world championship in a sport, we actually invite other nations to compete. And third, when we address our head of state we only need to get down on one knee"

genius

Old 2005-01-26, 11:08
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Fucking Genius!

Old 2005-01-26, 11:12
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

hahaha, that was hilarious!

the part about beer and football was good too

Old 2005-01-26, 11:14
VizThisAl
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
Anybody see him when he was on some american chat show?

He was asked, "What's the difference between English people and American people?"

His reply:-

"Well first; We speak English. Secondly, we have a world championship in a sport, we actually invite other nations to compete. And third, when we address our head of state we only need to get down on one knee"

genius

priceless that is

Old 2005-01-26, 17:25
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Wow I never actually realized that about football and the world series.....
Psh, US English, microsoft invented that language...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-01-26, 18:06
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

That was pretty funny. #6 was the best

Old 2005-01-26, 18:09
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I like John Cleese, and while his statement on the World Series is mostly accurate he forgot that there are Canadian teams in Major League Baseball. So he is incorrect.

Old 2005-01-26, 20:47
TranMan
New Blood
Banned

john cleese is a dumbass, why would we want to learn other cultures or care bout how people from a distant country act. here in america we have it all, we dont need to go out side for anything. and you should be thankfull americans dont take rugby seriously beacuse we would dominate it like every other sport. did you see the olympics hahha pure rape.

Old 2005-01-26, 20:55
guitar_demon
MotörCat

some of it was good, some of it was gay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranMan
john cleese is a dumbass, why would we want to learn other cultures or care bout how people from a distant country act. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars
you Sir are an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by trany
did you see the olympics hahha pure rape

maybe thats cause we send alot more than over half the countrys there
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-01-26, 20:58
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

well all and all we gotta just put up a big ass dome and cut off all relations with any form of outside communication....we'll see you on the other side....donut.

Old 2005-01-26, 21:22
guitar_demon
MotörCat

good one rabbi
the only reason i know how to say Edinburgh is cause they say it right in braveheart

Old 2005-01-26, 22:44
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
good one rabbi
the only reason i know how to say Edinburgh is cause they say it right in braveheart

"william, i am your uncle"

Old 2005-01-26, 22:45
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

EDIT: ok what the fuck it posted three fucken times!!! sorry

Last edited by rabbifoodslicer : 2005-01-26 at 22:48.

Old 2005-01-26, 22:46
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

SEEEEEEE!!!!!!! my connection is slow today so it might be trying to screw me over

Last edited by rabbifoodslicer : 2005-01-26 at 22:50.

Old 2005-01-26, 23:13
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
why would we want to learn other cultures or care bout how people from a distant country act. here in america we have it all, we dont need to go out side for anything.

This is why in 20 years the Euro Dollar will be the world's dominant currency, and China will once again be the world's most powerful nation. Because your country is full of self-obssessed infected twats like yourself. It's endemic, this shitty hateful "Amurican" state of mind, and it seeps into literally everything that you do. Like posting on a metal site, setting a foreign policy or being alive.

How does it feel to be a footnote in history, you stupid cunt? I can't wait until you're speaking Mandarin.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-01-26, 23:18
guitar_demon
MotörCat

haha thank you FBS!!!

Old 2005-01-27, 00:31
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

I think China would own America. Not just because they have 4 fucking billion people. I would say their military is just as well trained as our, the only thing their lacking compared to us is technology. Also i think if China did invade us and wage all out war and shit, Americans would pretty much just bend over and take it(im not talking about the army, obviously they'll fight back). Thats why i partly respect those insurgents in Iraq, because they fight back against the biggest superpower in the world.

Old 2005-01-27, 00:52
guitar_demon
MotörCat

I dont know dude, i think if somone actually invaded america they would have one HELL of a time defeating us. we would nefinitally not take it up the ass, we would all fight back and look at the south, every house has at least two hunting rifles and other guns to fight back with

Old 2005-01-27, 01:05
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Hell yeah they would have a hard time with our military, but how long can we hold up against another superpower that outnumbers us by that much? Maybe we wouldnt have to wory about taking it up the ass, the goverement might puss out and use nukes. And im usre if that happens their gonna shoot their shit right back.

Old 2005-01-27, 01:12
guitar_demon
MotörCat

we did it when britian grealty outnumbed us in the revolutionary, if you have enough drive it could be done....

Old 2005-01-27, 01:58
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
john cleese is a dumbass, why would we want to learn other cultures or care bout how people from a distant country act. here in america we have it all, we dont need to go out side for anything. and you should be thankfull americans dont take rugby seriously beacuse we would dominate it like every other sport. did you see the olympics hahha pure rape.

You are a fucking idiot. You, along with many of my fellow countrymen, would prefer to revel in your own mental filth than bother to learn or become cultured. You are a fucking idiot. The whole reason this post was funny is because about half of America is as stupid and worthless as you. You are a fucking idiot.

Hopefully the other posters here will forgive my redundancy, but when dealing with imbeciles, I find that repetition is the strongest form of emphasis.

Also, good work by Slayme, because up until this year, MLB had two Canadian teams. They still have one. It's also assumed it's only a matter of time before there is an MLB team in Mexico, where beisbol is very popular. Also, no offense to any of you stupid foreigners, but soccer is fucking boring. I'll take the NFL anyday. I'll also take baseball at any level, be it major league, class A minor league, or little league, over either cricket or rounders (or even over any other sport, even my beloved NFL).

How you diabolical foreigners put up with such dreadfully boring sissy man sports is beyond my realm of comprehension. Also, as funny as his NFL/rugby comparison was, I might feel the need in exposing the hypocrisy of an Englishman referring to an American sport as for 'nancies', not because of the common stereotype of Brits being girly men, but because you live in a country where boxing, a sport for men's men, is (or was last time I checked) banned. I also wonder what your country's stance on Ultimate Fighting (and other similar shoot fighting & martial arts) is, so if anybody can fill me in on that, I'd appreciate it.

Old 2005-01-27, 02:00
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

America as it stands today would be a logistical nightmare to invade. When China becomes the dominant world power, it'll be because of economics, not its military. We'll go down when our infrastructure collapses, the world ends, or the suddenly militaristic world collectively turns on us and manages to nuke us into gravel and cockroaches before we can retaliate, and not until then. So shut it, twat.

This shit gets boring. I could go on a rant about how Cleese is operating here a few dozen IQ points below what I expect from him, and a few other things, but rather than be the supercilious (look it up) dumbass (coll.) talking up my country and down another, I'll just say this much: this shit gets boring. Somebody said this better than I have the time for, so I'll quote it here:

Quote:
Has everyone has forgotten the first two rules of Far Beyond Sane’s Political Conflict Theory? Let me briefly recap these.

1. Everyone is a cunt, not some, not most. Everyone.

2. Every country is a big collective cunt. No-one is right. No-one is wrong.

3. If someone manages not to be a cunt, then they are necessarily too small and ineffectual to have an involved part in any political process. (That is, anyone involving themselves significantly in the process becomes a cunt by definition. This is the price of inclusion.)

4. Very, very few people or countries are more or less of a cunt than others.

To summarise quickly – you’re a cunt, your country is a cunt, people who aren’t cunts don’t count, we’re all the same type of cunt.

So, shut it, twats. If you want, I can go through and break down why most of the points Mr. Cleese wittily makes are inane, xenophobic, uninteresting, and, especially, ironic coming from an Englishman, but I don't much want to do that. All I want is to know what the hell 'for people who find annoyancies(sic) within(sic) america(sic)' means. Is that some damn proper English? Do the British get to make up words and grammar and capitalize at their leisure? I guess my stupid little American brain can't follow your superior English diction and spelling.

I'll leave you with breaking news from Liverpool:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/...ide/4207391.stm

Last edited by PST 88 : 2005-01-27 at 02:05.

Old 2005-01-27, 03:24
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Maybe it's poetic liscence.....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-01-27, 11:23
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
and you should be thankfull americans dont take rugby seriously beacuse we would dominate it like every other sport

i seriously have doubts about that comment, especially every other sport.

Old 2005-01-27, 11:46
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Its pretty damn hard to offend me, I found most of that true. I am definately no patriot, the us does really suck in many many ways.

Old 2005-01-27, 13:13
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

I'm american, and yeah. That's all I'm sayin'. Most people in america scare me, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2005-01-27, 23:22
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I have a red crayon

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-27, 23:25
guitar_demon
MotörCat

i have a red-orange one fuck face

Old 2005-01-27, 23:32
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yeh.. well I have the orange-red one!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-28, 00:02
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88

Legalize prostitution, eh? They're just doing that so everyone will stop saying that England has an over abundance of homos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2005-01-28, 01:06
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
This shit gets boring. I could go on a rant about how Cleese is operating here a few dozen IQ points below what I expect from him

It's not him. It's probably from the pen of some smartarse who wishes he was in Monty Python and had less acne.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-01-28, 01:14
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Anyone ever see the reality show "Street Smarts" before? I remember watching it once, and never again. Basically, it's these guys going around cities and asking normal people really stupid questions like, "Pronounce this word." ....and the word is "abyss." Jesus, and the guy got it wrong. I was wondering if anyone else also feels that it's about 0.000001% legit.....

This is my band's page

Old 2005-01-28, 01:25
guitar_demon
MotörCat

haha yea i remember that. wheres the eiffel tower.....new york?
LAME

Old 2005-01-28, 01:29
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Its called acting, people get payed to pretend their dumb... I know it sounds weird...

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-28, 01:32
powersofterror
Forum Leader

that's stupid.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-01-28, 01:33
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

http://www.allthingsflash.com/

you want the end of the world...go here and go to end of world ( it should be in red) this ones for u crainky australians

Old 2005-01-28, 01:33
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Anyone ever see the reality show "Street Smarts" before? I remember watching it once, and never again. Basically, it's these guys going around cities and asking normal people really stupid questions like, "Pronounce this word." ....and the word is "abyss." Jesus, and the guy got it wrong. I was wondering if anyone else also feels that it's about 0.000001% legit.....

I believe it's a game show, not a reality show, but yeah some of those people are fuckin goobers

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-01-28, 01:37
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbifoodslicer

you want the end of the world...go here and go to end of world ( it should be in red) this ones for u crainky australians

i love that damn flash!!

Old 2005-01-28, 01:46
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

lol ive seen that before. that guy also did some flash cartoons for Nike's website.

<A HREF="http://www.nike.com/usa/nikesphere/">Nike.com/usa/nikesphere</A>

Old 2005-01-28, 01:46
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

aint it great? make sure u check out spiderman and mario while ur there

Old 2005-01-28, 01:49
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

thats not jon cleese. he is not nearly so cliche.
i could bitch about americans all day, but i won't.

nothing that irritates me about americans is there anyway, except about the inept world leader. but then, i am yet to see a world leader who did thier country justice (in peace time. winston churchill was perfect for a war but would have floundered in peace time). god forbid anyone who knows what to do ran for president/priminister/whatever. even for a third-world country, they could achieve some amazing things.

most americans(that ive met) are normal sane good people, who are just a little misguided. my girlfriend is a floridian.(real word?)

my gripe is that americans have a knack for removing everything in life which is constructive, and replacing it with socially damaging, lazyness/retardedness inducing alternatives.

for example:
they exchange politeness and courtesy, literary novels, nutritional home cooking, and subtle/intelligent/slapstck humour,
with free speech, hollywood , fast food, and "could you be more irritating?" respectively.

none of which are particularly wrong, or bad, but when coupled with an unsportsman-like patriotism, and the deep-seated knowledge that "in reality, americans have it easier" inside every brit, who also possesses an unbelievably stuborn sense of "the way i do things is the right way.

it's just something in my upbringing which thinks that you should shake the hand of your opponent after winning a game, rather than jumping up in the air and shouting "wooo-hooo! yes! i rule you suck!"

unfortunately, they are not the only guilty ones, just the perpetratours.
everywhere i look in england, "some little punk kid" is behaving just like the counterpart little brats across the ocean. Mc-donalds, burgerking, kfc, are still spreading like a disease even after 20 or so years of infection.

... shit i said i wont go on all day.

americans are no worse than anybody else, they just have a headstart.
jesus, i just thought, what will the world be like when im old and england is run by the little 12yr old twat who stole my car to go joyriding. or the 10yr old twat who thinks its ok to hurt people who hurt you first.

"oh well, they're only kids."
"the little fucker stole a tenner from my wallet! then bit me when i asked for it back, and told me he 'was allowed because it was open'"
"they arent doing any harm"

\/ guitar demon: yup.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Last edited by Amon rA : 2005-01-28 at 02:00.

Old 2005-01-28, 01:55
guitar_demon
MotörCat

where you from amon?

EDIT: nvm england right?

Old 2005-01-28, 01:59
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Well said Amon.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-28, 02:33
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Agreed, Americans are dumbasses.

Old 2005-01-28, 02:54
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Agreed, Americans are dumbasses.

Most people are dumbasses regardless of where they are from. There's no getting around it, and comparing literacy rates is no way of legitimately comparing the two. At least 90% of people of people are fucking idiots. 90% of people are idiots in the US, 90% of the people in Australia are idiots, 90% of the people in the UK are idiots, and 90% of the people in Argentina are idiots. It's as simple as that. I really don't think there's any need to take this piece seriously, it certaintly wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I think it's funny, if largely inaccurate. Accuracy doesn't conform well with humor anyway.

Old 2005-01-28, 03:19
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
Quote:

thats been on the cards for the past 5 years, plus i''ll give you the jib anyway since Liverpool's Ho's are fuckin' crack fiends.

Old 2005-01-28, 03:22
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon rA
nothing that irritates me about americans is there anyway, except about the inept world leader. .

don't get me started
you seem of a sound mind dude, cept i've had CONFIRMATION that John Cleese(Dad's name Cheese, no jokes)actually wrote that

Old 2005-01-28, 03:40
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
crainky

yer see, if an american pronounced that PROPERLY, it would have an Aussie sound to it .- * join along now * -

the word being "cranky" for you dumb twats.

Old 2005-01-28, 03:51
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
At least 90% of people of people are fucking idiots.

whatever you say

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-28, 03:53
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
whatever you say

that being WIT.

post me'mo'fo
big trouble in little china rax. soz..just got back from teh krazy house. on pills(e) & light shrooms)

Old 2005-01-28, 03:54
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
Most people are dumbasses regardless of where they are from. There's no getting around it, and comparing literacy rates is no way of legitimately comparing the two. At least 90% of people of people are fucking idiots.

Hey idiot, you wrote 'of people' twice twice.

And I disagree, I would put the figure at about 98%.

Old 2005-01-28, 03:57
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Hey idiot, you wrote 'of people' twice twice.

And I disagree, I would put the figure at about 98%.

Of people on a world degree that could be 99.9.9%

Old 2005-01-28, 20:36
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

thank god this forum has noone like that....

Old 2005-01-30, 14:09
fatdanny
Post-whore

I will just point out that boxing is certainly not banned in England - would have been difficult for Amir Kahn to train and win us a silver in Athens otherwise. I seen to remember we did quite well in Judo as well...

We do have Ultimate fighting - I used to go to school with a guy who has since taken it up.

Rugby is better than American football - see the Kevlar armour and stopping every 20 seconds argument. Having said that, I dont especially enjoy rugby, but American football is frustrating to watch (all the stopping).

Brits aren't any better than Americans: www.chavscum.com

Last edited by fatdanny : 2005-01-30 at 14:16.

Old 2005-01-30, 15:00
SARS
Post-whore

Chavs are a mockery to any country.

[edit]
plus i think america has many, far worse, forms of a chav anyway.

Last edited by SARS : 2005-01-30 at 15:24.

Old 2005-01-30, 17:34
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

hah, this is great actually. Im in america but this stuff doesnt bother me. Most of it doesnt even apply to me anyway. For example: I hate baseball and football, i dont have any guns, I prefer foreign beer, I dont own an american car... blah blah blah. On top of that I didnt choose to wrongly use the letter U, i was tought wrongly in school. If i had used it the correct way I would have had bad grades. Yeah, Im done justifying my being american . Funny stuff here though, I think it should be shown to a lot more people. Ive printed it and shown it to my friends. pfft, "world series"

Old 2005-01-30, 18:34
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Chavscum is a funny site indeed. There is something strangely funny about looking at pictures of the dregs of society.

Anyway, here's something that I've heard that may or may not be true. American English is actually the older version of English in use today. The English written in the UK features French influences such as transposition of 'r' and 'e' in words like centre and the introduction of 'u' into words such as flavour. The Americans shunned these corruptions as a backlash to the French back in the 18th Century. Of course, the French still don't have an equivalent word for entrepeneur but that's beside the point.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-01-30, 18:50
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
If you are american and offended by that, than you Sir are an idiot.

LERN 2 USSE PROPAR GRAMMER!!!!1

IM AMERICAN AND IM DEEPLY ENRAGED!

not really. carry on.

Old 2005-01-30, 18:58
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
I will just point out that boxing is certainly not banned in England - would have been difficult for Amir Kahn to train and win us a silver in Athens otherwise. I seen to remember we did quite well in Judo as well...

We do have Ultimate fighting - I used to go to school with a guy who has since taken it up.

Rugby is better than American football - see the Kevlar armour and stopping every 20 seconds argument. Having said that, I dont especially enjoy rugby, but American football is frustrating to watch (all the stopping).

Brits aren't any better than Americans: www.chavscum.com

that website is hilarious. we have 'chavs' here too. I heard they're refered to as 'townies' too.

Old 2005-01-30, 19:23
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I refer to them as 'cunts', Def

Old 2005-01-30, 19:48
SARS
Post-whore

defo not alone there.

Old 2005-01-30, 23:32
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

John's right, but not exactly. American English, except in places in which our heavy immigration has affected the accent in different ways, is pronounced in the way the English of Shakespeare, Spencer, and so forth was pronounced. Which is to say: if you see a production of Shakespeare in certain parts of the Northeast or Mid West, it's closer to the way it should sound than if you were to go to the Globe theater in London. This is because the British actually took the time to make their language more ornate, as they felt that those inferior continental folks were getting a tad uppity with their fancy pronunciation and periodic attempts to usurp Britain's monopoly over everything worth having. However, the spelling was changed by a committee of our famous Founding Fathers way back when America declared independence. It's not very rare for certain aspects of a culture to be better preserved in colonies, though. Just look at Spain's attempts to maintain its culture in the face of heathen invasion by nationalizing South Americans.

But, at this point, considering how many damn countries we've brought on, that whole thing about the accent is fairly moot.

Oh, and Jim: I figured as much. But sometimes people don't live up to our expectations.

Old 2005-01-31, 00:30
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

niether English or US English has been around as long as some.
Basque for example.
or Phoenician
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Old 2005-01-31, 00:32
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

No shit. Nobody's made the same efforts to keep it alive, and those that have really don't know shit. It should be obvious from my account that it's a somewhat tangled history.

Old 2005-01-31, 03:00
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

i like it a'squishy eh?!

Old 2005-01-31, 18:52
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
John's right, but not exactly. American English, except in places in which our heavy immigration has affected the accent in different ways, is pronounced in the way the English of Shakespeare, Spencer, and so forth was pronounced. Which is to say: if you see a production of Shakespeare in certain parts of the Northeast or Mid West, it's closer to the way it should sound than if you were to go to the Globe theater in London. This is because the British actually took the time to make their language more ornate, as they felt that those inferior continental folks were getting a tad uppity with their fancy pronunciation and periodic attempts to usurp Britain's monopoly over everything worth having. However, the spelling was changed by a committee of our famous Founding Fathers way back when America declared independence. It's not very rare for certain aspects of a culture to be better preserved in colonies, though. Just look at Spain's attempts to maintain its culture in the face of heathen invasion by nationalizing South Americans.

But, at this point, considering how many damn countries we've brought on, that whole thing about the accent is fairly moot.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. You've got England bang to rights with our uppitiness: we revel in our own elitism (well, most of the middle and upper classes do anyway - ironically, the very people who negate the need to be even mildly intelligent by paying, 'donating' and bribing their way into university) hence the constant attacks on America for 'spelling everything wrong.' The only time this (US English, I mean) becomes annoying is when the dictionary isn't set to UK English in MS Word but a simple succession of clicks quickly erradicates the problem so it isn't even a small deal, never mind a big deal, with me.

Old 2005-01-31, 20:42
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

yeah but one word is till universal...

Old 2005-01-31, 23:29
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

My country, (Yugoslavia, if you've heard of it), handed you guys your asses in soccer and in basketball.

Old 2005-02-01, 00:05
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_nu_metal
My country, (Yugoslavia, if you've heard of it), handed you guys your asses in soccer and in basketball.

Yugoslavia isn't even a real fucking country. My country could just as well take Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Syria and call it Sandy Village, but it wouldn't be a real country. Oh well, I guess the US isn't a real country either if you want to look at it that way, but at least we've been around longer. Plus, we have nukes, or, as our doting leader prefers to refer to them "nucular weapons".

Old 2005-02-01, 00:26
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_nu_metal

ok, either im missing something, or going back to drinking vodka straight tonight is working better than ever, but doesnt your location say whorelando Fl, as in orlando florida? if so how is yuogoslavia your country.

Old 2005-02-01, 14:06
SARS
Post-whore

he could of been born there?

Old 2005-02-01, 15:15
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Plus, we have nukes, or, as our doting leader prefers to refer to them "nucular weapons".

lol, I love ol' Dubya.

Old 2005-02-01, 15:24
low-tech
Post-whore

every language of the colonizers here in the americas<spanish,french,english,portagese> is more accurate of the time of colonization, but if you account for syntax and word connotation of the present, you dont have much beyond the skeleton of pronounciation, regional accents,no matter how slight do factor in as well, in the new england area, i was told, people were really into pronouncing words and speaking in a tone thats crass,vulger and filled with sarcasm, this was back in the day, for whatever reasons, i still find it odd hearing australians pronounce the word car like cauh or yard like yauhhd in the most pristine massachusetts blueneck,townie, rube fashion

the problem with american english is the dumbing down of vocabulary, and the use of slang, ebonics is only cool if its witty or if it embellishes older slang<busting caps,scrappin,split a wig,and a whole other host of old"cant"termonologies for commiting crime>words like beeeeeicth,word up,bouya,big up are a common symptom of this problem, not to talk shit on ebonics, all regions of the us have words with non-sensible meaning amoung the universal "whatevah" or "i was like" "i said like" "i didnt say nothin" or the "fuck you you fuckin fuck" lack of imagination while insulting people, ad homenan<spelling?, dont know my latin>over substance

Old 2005-02-01, 15:29
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I was half afraid to read this thread for fear I'd be storming again, but reading that bit by John Cleese was wonderful. I adore that man. Or is that supposed to be adoure? I get confused.

'Sane! Wake up!!!!! You little nuclear knight, you.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-02-01, 16:03
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Yugoslavia isn't even a real fucking country. My country could just as well take Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Syria and call it Sandy Village, but it wouldn't be a real country. Oh well, I guess the US isn't a real country either if you want to look at it that way, but at least we've been around longer. Plus, we have nukes, or, as our doting leader prefers to refer to them "nucular weapons".

But by all means, what is a country? Its just a geographic location, surounded by borders. A country today is no more than a logical conclusion from past ages, where borders ment 'your sphere of influence ends here'.
When a single country has more than one culture, and a lot of cultures are not home to a single country (ex. the Kurds in Iraq and Turkey, some nomadic tribes in africa), how can one claim that a 'country' is culture? Its pure politics. Yes, you could treat all arabic countries as one because they have simmilar culture, but that wouldn't make sense. Their concurent nations, meaning they work against each other, try to be more dominant, ammasing power.
And the U.s. hasn't been there that long. The colonies, of wich the US was later established are quite a bit older, but most of them were different mini-nations back then, and had different 'parent' nations.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Last edited by brainsforbreakfast : 2005-02-01 at 16:06.

Old 2005-02-01, 19:18
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
But by all means, what is a country? Its just a geographic location, surounded by borders. A country today is no more than a logical conclusion from past ages, where borders ment 'your sphere of influence ends here'.
When a single country has more than one culture, and a lot of cultures are not home to a single country (ex. the Kurds in Iraq and Turkey, some nomadic tribes in africa), how can one claim that a 'country' is culture? Its pure politics. Yes, you could treat all arabic countries as one because they have simmilar culture, but that wouldn't make sense. Their concurent nations, meaning they work against each other, try to be more dominant, ammasing power.
And the U.s. hasn't been there that long. The colonies, of wich the US was later established are quite a bit older, but most of them were different mini-nations back then, and had different 'parent' nations.

I'm quite aware of American history, I'm also aware of the fickle or arbitrary nature on which most countries borders are based. My post was meant to be a joke, I thought that was obvious, but perhaps I should have used a smiley. I don't really like smileys and prefer to use them sparingly.

Old 2005-02-01, 19:31
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
I'm quite aware of American history, I'm also aware of the fickle or arbitrary nature on which most countries borders are based. My post was meant to be a joke, I thought that was obvious, but perhaps I should have used a smiley. I don't really like smileys and prefer to use them sparingly.

If you don't want to use smiley's, you could alway use you [/cynism] handles
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-02-01, 20:42
uide5041
New Blood

Thumbs down

What US needs to know is that AMERICA is not US ...AMERICA is the whole continent...is very well said that they are NORTH AMERICANS because they are located on the north and the people from Brazil for example are called SOUTH AMERICANS but....they think that US is AMERICA....they are so so wrong !!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-02-01, 20:52
Seasons in the Abyss
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by uide5041
What US needs to know is that AMERICA is not US ...AMERICA is the whole continent...is very well said that they are NORTH AMERICANS because they are located on the north and the people from Brazil for example are called SOUTH AMERICANS but....they think that US is AMERICA....they are so so wrong !!!!!!!!!!

I concur, and I could easily say the U.S. pride themelves in having the name 'American', but what about guys like me who pride myself in being named a 'Canadian'?. I don't want to be called an American, and I'm not too sure on who started the whole misunderstanding.

Old 2005-02-01, 21:05
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I bet it was a Canadian.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2005-02-01, 22:36
low-tech
Post-whore

amerigo vasgetti wrote the star spangled banner and died in the revolutionary war, thats where america came from

Old 2005-02-01, 22:47
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
amerigo vasgetti wrote the star spangled banner and died in the revolutionary war, thats where america came from

I thought he was the one to figure out that Nouth and South America were in fact new lands and not the far east like everyone thought?

Old 2005-02-01, 22:57
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

The star spangled banner was written by Frances Scott Key, you fucking ninny. And it was the war of 1812. And Amerigo VESPUCCI was an explorer who is credited with first discovering North America.

You are welcome for the history lesson, you fuck up.

Awesome.

Last edited by Dissection : 2005-02-01 at 23:01.

Old 2005-02-01, 23:30
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by uide5041

So what exactly do you propose we call ourselves? Unless you didn't notice, US is an invalid abbrevation of USA, which in turn is short for United States of America. Now, neither the United or States parts are conducive for reference to a nationality. America, on the other hand, is. Now, if refering to people who are native to the United States of America as American is offensive to you, then what exactly should we be called?

By the way, an answer of "Assholes" or "Douchebags" wouldn't be as clever as a couple of you out there might think.

Old 2005-02-01, 23:45
SARS
Post-whore

"united states of a lot of fat people"

Old 2005-02-02, 00:16
low-tech
Post-whore

well, i hate us history anyway, thats what i thought i heard long ago, i stand to be corrected. no need to go off the deep end.......

Old 2005-02-02, 00:26
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I dunno, but on the "Waiting for the Electician or Someone Like Him" album by The Firesign Theater they sang " God bless Vespucci-land " to the tune of "God Bless America".

And THANK YOU DISSECTION for saying that before I did. They were hundreds of years apart.

Old 2005-02-02, 01:01
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
"united states of a lot of fat people"

This was somehow supposed to be more clever than "Assholes" or "Douchebags"? Well, I guess I should thank, you, really. For a minute there, I really started to buy into the common misconception that Brits boast a keener wit than us silly, unsophisticated Americans. I must thank you for reminding me just how incorrect that stereotype is.

Where the hell is John when you need him?

Old 2005-02-02, 02:23
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
This was somehow supposed to be more clever than "Assholes" or "Douchebags"? Well, I guess I should thank, you, really. For a minute there, I really started to buy into the common misconception that Brits boast a keener wit than us silly, unsophisticated Americans. I must thank you for reminding me just how incorrect that stereotype is.

Where the hell is John when you need him?

You coudln't expect anyone atall to lavish praise could you? Whatever I was gonna say wouldn't of been any more clever than "assholes" or "douchebags", it'd all lead to a point of criticizing american's in toilet-humour fashion.

I could of said the following:

"United States of; a lot of morally impotent, we are better than every single other person cos we invented the a-bomb, have the most witty sitcoms in the world, our stance on pollution is top-notch, people who think not aren't gonna take up arms and disprove our goverment about this world effecting dilema(cos we're too lazy), non free thinking, world criticizing, lecturing, goodness dissipated, innocent human vivisectionist, world danger, fat people"

but chose not to.

Old 2005-02-02, 02:36
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
You coudln't expect anyone atall to lavish praise could you? Whatever I was gonna say wouldn't of been any more clever than "assholes" or "douchebags", it'd all lead to a point of criticizing american's in toilet-humour fashion.

I could of said the following:

"United States of; a lot of morally impotent, we are better than every single other person cos we invented the a-bomb, have the most witty sitcoms in the world, our stance on pollution is top-notch, people who think not aren't gonna take up arms and disprove our goverment about this world effecting dilema(cos we're too lazy), non free thinking, world criticizing, lecturing, goodness dissipated, innocent human vivisectionist, world danger, fat people"

but chose not to.

Well, you couldn't of said anything, but if you would have said that, it wouldn't have been terribly witty, anyway. I merely posed a question with the hopes that nobody would try to interject with a denigrating remark that they wrongfully thought would be witty. Naturally, it happened anyway.

Rather than complain, though, I'll have to thank you yet again. You see, for a short while, I had also been under the incorrect assumption that those across the pond were much better when it came to spelling, grammar, and composing rational thoughts. Thank you for destroying yet another stereotype so commonly leveled at your people.

Old 2005-02-02, 03:55
SARS
Post-whore

Countless apologies for typing, superior.

Old 2005-02-02, 04:07
h4x5k8
Post-whore

why dont all you people stop bitching, were alll fat cunt faggots, we all suck, the world sucks, and this is proving nothing. So yea, lets just face the fact that , yes americans are ignorant, but only cause we give in to such propoganda that is played on TV we dont know what is really happening, its not our faults, the media controlls america, its a giant shithole of corporate assholes (viacom) trying to make money off ignorant americans, and it works.

Old 2005-02-02, 04:13
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
were alll fat cunt faggots

I'm definitly not fat being 6'2" 150' lbs. and I"m definitly not a faggot so i feel your theory is flawed

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-02-02, 04:16
TranMan
New Blood
Banned

all you fags shut up and except that USA is the most powerfull country in the world, i love you G.Bush, nuke those damn arabs.

Old 2005-02-02, 06:13
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

this was clearly started as a friendly joke and that faggot flagpole humping cockhead emo cunts like transsexual here were not to post. "you sir are an idiot!" is quite the understatement.

i don't care if somebody starts a thread poking gentle fun at the australians (especially the abos ) it's actually good to laugh at yourself sometimes, it increases your sense of humour. but of course everyone is different, every dog must be let off its leash and then you get cunts like you, nothing more than high and mighty, tight-nosed, feeble-minded, backwards, hay-bale toting hicks like you.

you should have learnt by now that you have the respect of a pub toilet at closing time, but then again you're as smart as a pregnant baboon, resulting in moronic posts that involve more wrong calls than a drunken, myopic dyslexic in a vandalised phone box.

don't ask me how you've managed to stay around this long. i've already told you to not bug us here. i don't mind americans of course, i hate stereotypical emo faggy american like you, a disgrace to mankind, and a vote in favour of legalised abortion.

21. You're Gay

Y-O-U-R-E-G-A-Y, you're gay

you volunteer for charity work-you're gay
you care about the environment-you're gay
you're a ballet dancer-you're gay
you're a cake decorator-you're gay

you subscribe to honcho-you're gay
you go to fashion shows-you're gay
you love playing hacky sack-you're gay
you go to poetry readings-you're gay

Old 2005-02-02, 07:01
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
all you fags shut up and except that USA is the most powerfull country in the world, i love you G.Bush, nuke those damn arabs.

For someone as old as you, you should know better than to get bitchy on an internet forum. Unless you're a mod, and I see no cute title under your name...

This is my band's page

Old 2005-02-02, 10:57
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
don't ask me how you've managed to stay around this long.

He hasn't.

Old 2005-02-02, 16:10
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I'm definitly not fat being 6'2" 150' lbs. and I"m definitly not a faggot so i feel your theory is flawed

no no no, trust me, we all are. shhhhh