MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2002-05-17, 18:33
Freke
New Blood

Star Wars

Yesterday the new Star Wars opened up on theatres all around the world!!!!! Anyone seen it yet? Was it good?

Old 2002-05-17, 22:47
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Haven't seen it yet.......i'm not the type to rush to the theatres to see movies on opening night.......the movie will still be the same 4 weeks from now, so there's no point in rushing it.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.

Old 2002-05-17, 23:19
Henry Wolfe
New Blood

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I think I'm going tommorow with a chick. Lots of little dorks in my school have seen it, they all brought their lightsabers to school. I just wanted to smack them.

Old 2002-05-17, 23:34
Freezer666

i saw it a week and a half ago
hurrah for warez*giggles*
was cool
especially the last 30 mins
the love story was a bit cheesy...kinda like iced earth lyrics

Old 2002-05-18, 00:27
ScreemnDeemn
New Blood

love stories are cheesy usually, they are also pretty predictable as well... but no, i have not seen the movie yet, i might... someday...

but by any standards, i seriously hope jar jar dies... he sux

jar jar--->

Old 2002-05-18, 01:17
Freezer666

lets just say yoda makes the movie worth seeing
a lot
A LOT
and no not cause of his speech it is

Old 2002-05-18, 08:51
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah I hope jar-jar dies!
aoh, anduhm who's luke's mother? amidala?

I sometimes have trouble with the storyline heheh...
it's pretty cool though, but I don't like obi-wanker-nobi and jar-jar

Old 2002-05-18, 09:28
The Crying Orc

Muthafuckin Yoda n' shit! - Jay (Mallrats)

Old 2002-05-18, 10:04
DissectedCarcas
Metalhead

Location: California (where the dead walk the earth. HAHAHA!)
i see we like kevin smith
For the color dancers were pulsing, spinning, making liquid cartoons. Not really animations, but clear shades of color, forming a toy playground. They made this delight of breathing easy. All the playground objects were alive, including the swings and the merry-go-round. A silvery-blue arch of plastic color formed and collapsed in the center. A toy little boy, or maybe she was a little girl, jumped along this object, sliding down it, hanging on with small fingers, leaping into the grass. I felt a sense of responsibility begin to resonate within me, both for the knowledge of my wife and my coming child, and the deep psychedelic responsibility of my shamanic-like path. I glanced away briefly and one of the DMT beings, tall, thin and golem-like, grasped my head and turned it back to see. The shapes kept moving, and the child was my innocence too, and it was asking me to promise to share that innocence completely with our shinebelly baby when she/he births and grows and becomes human.

Old 2002-05-18, 10:06
DissectedCarcas
Metalhead

whats gonna be betyer star wars or goldmember?
goldmember.

don't get me wrong im still gonna see attack of the clones...when i get around to it.
For the color dancers were pulsing, spinning, making liquid cartoons. Not really animations, but clear shades of color, forming a toy playground. They made this delight of breathing easy. All the playground objects were alive, including the swings and the merry-go-round. A silvery-blue arch of plastic color formed and collapsed in the center. A toy little boy, or maybe she was a little girl, jumped along this object, sliding down it, hanging on with small fingers, leaping into the grass. I felt a sense of responsibility begin to resonate within me, both for the knowledge of my wife and my coming child, and the deep psychedelic responsibility of my shamanic-like path. I glanced away briefly and one of the DMT beings, tall, thin and golem-like, grasped my head and turned it back to see. The shapes kept moving, and the child was my innocence too, and it was asking me to promise to share that innocence completely with our shinebelly baby when she/he births and grows and becomes human.

Old 2002-05-18, 17:19
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Goldmember is going to suck, i'm just gonna see it to see what new whore he has playing in it.

It's the same stupid jokes since the first movie.......the second one wasn't even that great.

Old 2002-05-18, 17:34
MetalPoldi
Post-whore

Whatīs about Goldmember. Donīt know about the movie. Tell me and what other movies did Kevin Smith?

I wasnīt already in the new Star Wars, but i will see it. Heared a bit of my friends and they say i will laugh about Yoda, and i think i will.

Old 2002-05-18, 18:12
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Goldmember will be the 3rd movie in the everlasting movie series we all know as Austin Powers.

Old 2002-05-18, 19:03
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

ya know...i HATE sequals...
1. the last 3 star wars were the best..they stayed the same characters
the whole way through and no computer crap jar jars everwhere
2. now they come up with a new one(BEFORE THE OLD ONES)and suddenly
star wars has new tech with droids instead of troopers
THAT MAKES ABSOLUTLY NO SENSE!!!
3. the same with jarassicpark
4. the only series that was good was superman...the superman series
is the only set other than startrek the stayed consistant with no added
crap
and ive also heard that episode 1 is the first one actually by gearge lucas
someone told me that someone else wrote the last 3(so ive heard from
ononomous sources)
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2002-05-18, 19:47
ScreemnDeemn
New Blood

@ Freezer666

yeah i heard that yoda gets into a fight in the movie, with his lightsaber and everything. that sound's pretty funny!

p.s.- jar jar------->

Old 2002-05-18, 21:30
DissectedCarcas
Metalhead

austin powers rules. i thought the second one was better. i think this one's going to be good.

kevin smith did
clerks, chasing amy, dogma, mallrats, and jay and silent bob stike back

and about sequels:
night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead
best series ever

fuckyeah

Old 2002-05-18, 22:29
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

The Terminator series was pretty cool.......even though it was only 2 movies, not really a full series, but whatever.....good movies.

Old 2002-05-18, 23:58
holding fears
Metalhead

Just watched Ep. II, awesome movie, eventhough Anakin and Amadela was overdone. And Yoda does get into a fight, and let me tell you one thing, he can kick some fucking ASS! I was laughing when I seen him reach for his saber, but he fucking shut everyone i nthe theater up, I don't know why he uses a cane yet he manages to do all that stuff he did during the fight.

Old 2002-05-19, 00:16
Longjocks
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by holding fears
I don't know why he uses a cane yet he manages to do all that stuff he did during the fight.

The Force.

Old 2002-05-19, 00:20
Freezer666

yeah its weird...
he crawls around with his cane then POOF jumps around everywhere...then back to the cane lol
maybe he hides his lightsaber up his [...] which makes him crawl around

Old 2002-05-19, 01:49
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Freezer666
yeah its weird...
he crawls around with his cane then POOF jumps around everywhere...then back to the cane lol
maybe he hides his lightsaber up his [...] which makes him crawl around

yeah man that part is so funny. He alone makes the movie worth seeing. I thought it was a good movie, even though I wasnt crazy about the romance part of it. It's cool how they show glimpses of Anakin's evilness. We know in episode 3 he will go fully evil.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.

Old 2002-05-19, 13:08
MetalPoldi
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by DissectedCarcas
kevin smith did
clerks, chasing amy, dogma, mallrats, and jay and silent bob stike back

Thanks, now i know again why i knew this name. Saw Clerks and Dogma. Nice movies.

I will definetly laugh about Yoda. But i hate this development with new technologies in the time before, like powersofterror mentioned. Itīs like the Neanderthales fly with ionic engines or warp-speed. OK, itīs fiction, but even there they can stick to fictional reality.

Old 2002-05-19, 14:57
Freezer666

natalie portman makes any movie worth seeing
*drools*

Old 2002-05-20, 20:22
ScreemnDeemn
New Blood

yeah metalpoldi, that pissed me off too. in the first two episodes, every starship is sleek and hightech. i don't mind them taking advantage of modern technology over the technology from the original trilogy (it's actually good they did... ) but they shouldn't make the ships faster and better than the classic trilogy...

jar jar---->

Old 2002-05-20, 22:46
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

It's all about special effects now........just look at how long that stupid racing scene lasts in Episode 1....what was it, like 15 minutes? What's his face, the fat ass who created star wars......i saw an interview with him about Episode 1 and he said something like "i've always wanted to do a racing scene with those things, and now with computer graphics, we were able to!!" (that wasn't word for word.....actually far from that).

Old 2002-05-20, 23:07
Slaytaniac
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by DissectedCarcas

and about sequels:
night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead
best series ever

fuckyeah

You forgot:

Return of the living dead
Revenge of the living dead (basically return of the living dead 2, but whatever)
Return of the living dead 3

all the living dead movies are awesome

...also, in Return of the living Dead the movie is supposta take place in Louisville Kentucky, where I'm from, and at the end they drop an atomic bomb on Louisville to control the living dead infection!

Old 2002-05-20, 23:13
holding fears
Metalhead

I don't mind them taking advantage of the technology, it makes the movie alot better, and the racing scene was gay, but it's Star Wars, George Lucas couldn't give half a shit if you don't like something he did, and everyone knows that (*cough* Jar Jar *cough*). BTW, in Episode II, Lucas showed why Jar Jar was in I and it was a big fuck you to the people who were saying "get Jar Jar out of there" because afterall he did give power to the dark side. And I seen an interview with him tlaking about the technology, he said it was one of the main reasons he started with the middle, because I, II, and III needed the technology, or something like that.

Anyone notice how all the critics were saying how the movie was bullshit, I think it was far from that (eventhough there were some shit parts: the chase scene etc.)

Old 2002-05-20, 23:20
Slaytaniac
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by ScreemnDeemn
yeah metalpoldi, that pissed me off too. in the first two episodes, every starship is sleek and hightech. i don't mind them taking advantage of modern technology over the technology from the original trilogy (it's actually good they did... ) but they shouldn't make the ships faster and better than the classic trilogy...

jar jar---->

You gotta think!

in the original starwars trilogy the rebels were getting their asses kicked by the dark side and since the darkside was taking over then the rebels had very little left over. So the ships they had in the original were left over peices of shit! Yeah the mellinium falcon was awesome but it was torn up and a peice of junk when han solo had it. I think in the episode 3 that they might show the mellinium falcon before it got old and torn up....anyway do you see what I'm saying, plus they just like toying around with special effects these days.

...also aren't they planning to make 3 more episodes (that take place after the original ones: 4, 5, 6,).....so it would the ( 7, 8, 9) episodes........if so that would be great!

Old 2002-05-21, 00:36
holding fears
Metalhead

Three more after these? No way, maybe one or two.
Why don't they go ahead and make one about how the republic formed .

Actually that would be awesome, it makes room for alot of ideas, I can see it now. But what would it be called, they'd have to get into negatives.

Old 2002-05-21, 18:48
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I like the original series but the new one's are okay, I love the storyline actually and I wanna see yoda fight!!
making other parts after the two triologies would be cool if you ask me, but where the fuck should be the subject? han an leah married, emperor is destroyed, everybody's happy, what else?

Old 2002-05-21, 19:24
powersofterror
Forum Leader

lol
theyd probably find another darth but this time maybe theyd
use a cool mask instead of gay makeup
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2002-05-22, 15:22
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by powersofterror
lol
theyd probably find another darth but this time maybe theyd
use a cool mask instead of gay makeup

Maybe you haven't noticed, but that was already done like 30 years ago.

Old 2002-05-22, 19:10
powersofterror
Forum Leader

i know that...im just saying the phantom
menace with his makup was stupid
they need to make a new masked darth

This is my band's page

Old 2002-05-23, 08:12
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

maybe they can make a headless darth
or a darth with two heads and one leg. oh man they've probably got more imagination then me, so they'de better come up with something.
maybe luke gets married and gets a jedi son.
or maybe solo fucks leah and they get a jedi son (leah probably also has a high midichlorane level since she is luke's sister!)

Old 2002-05-26, 20:59
powersofterror
Forum Leader

...yeah....just like the simpsons,.....theyll make up useless
pointless, crap where hey luke is also the father of the ewocks
and yeah even ononomous weddings

This is my band's page

Old 2002-05-27, 13:48
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

dude, that would totally fuck both triologies up!

Old 2002-06-01, 15:49
powersofterror
Forum Leader

oh...dear.....god!!....i just saw episode 2 last night......
it was.....uh.....interesting.....and you're right whoever
said something about yoda.....if he was going to jump
around like a monkey he shouln't have had a cane at all

.....no....the classic episodes had just as much romance
as episode 2

This is my band's page

Old 2002-06-01, 21:21
Slaytaniac
Metalhead

I just seen E-2 today and I think it's pretty fuckin awesome!

also about Yoda, think of it like this...
you know how the jedis like to conserve energy and use the force for only the most extreme occasions and shit...well yoda is a few hundred years old so he's all decreppid and shit but when in battle he uses the force to give him the strength that he needs..and during the battle you can tell that yoda is getting tired like in the close up shots of the face when they pause for a moment and talk...it all makes since..at least to me...

...anyway I only look for the good parts of movies....or songs or whatever..not the bad...and I also sorta go with the flow of whatever it is and let it make since for itself.

Old 2002-06-02, 02:00
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

You don't make very much since yourself!

Old 2002-06-02, 02:12
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Attack of the Clones was awesome, right up there with the original trilogy. I dont hate any Star Wars movie but dont mind me 'cause I'm a fanatic.

I dont want to comment on anything else because you wont be interested.

Old 2002-06-02, 05:51
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

re: star wars

Bleh....

I was a kid, when I looked at that.

c'mon grow up and get a life.

Join the hordes!!

Old 2002-06-03, 14:51
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

i actually haven't seen the original star wars trilogy or episode 1. i like to tell people just to "shock" them or whatever. i even keep it that way 'cause whenever the trilogy comes on tv i refuse to watch it.
i was planning on waiting til Episode 3, and then watching each star wars in order of episode, but then my stupid-ass friend dragged me to see Episode 2. he sucks! he ruined my plan. oh well.

it was a little bit confusing though when you haven't seen the sequels, so Anakin is Amidala's son? j/k

Old 2002-06-04, 12:26
Longjocks
Metalhead

Re: re: star wars

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkenelf
I was a kid, when I looked at that.

c'mon grow up and get a life.

I think I'll ignore that piece of advice. But thanks anyway.

I was a kid when I first heard metal... if I followed your logic I wouldn't have that now either.

Old 2002-06-04, 16:01
powersofterror
Forum Leader

i dont have a life......

This is my band's page

Old 2002-09-08, 18:09
Freke
New Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Freezer666
yeah its weird...
maybe he hides his lightsaber up his [...] which makes hi mcrawl around

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/saberfight.html
http://www.therainforestsite.com/
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Old 2002-09-09, 22:44
metal=life
Post-whore

i saw that movie like....4 or 5 months ago or something. Yoda does kick major ass in that movie.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken