MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2004-12-09, 03:45
team_sleeping_pill
New Blood

Everyone Shut up for a minute: DIME IS DEAD

My jaw dropped. I couldn't fucking believe it.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Old 2004-12-09, 04:22
suffocation
Metalhead

my heart skipped a beat when i heard about this. i still can't believe this happened.

Old 2004-12-09, 05:01
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

I've never been a Pantera fan, but HOLY FUCK. he was a great guitarist, RIP Dimebag. Thats some shit news, at least the fucker who killed him was shot.

HOLY FUCK.

Old 2004-12-09, 05:14
DEAD
Post-whore

Ehh, I didnt know him personally and his music didnt affect me all to greatly. It is probably best he died now so he couldnt go on to make another shit record with Damageplan. I don't care if you flame me for this. Someone being dead is no reason for me to curve my opinion. Its freedom of speech, deal with it.

He wrote some cool stuff, but recently nothing has been any good.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-09, 05:34
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Ehh, I didnt know him personally and his music didnt affect me all to greatly. It is probably best he died now so he couldnt go on to make another shit record with Damageplan. I don't care if you flame me for this. Someone being dead is no reason for me to curve my opinion. Its freedom of speech, deal with it.

who the fuck cares, hes a fucking legend, fuck you

Old 2004-12-09, 05:39
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Dead, you pushed the fuckign limits.

Fuck you, your a fucking horrible excuse for a human being.

Just fuck off, never come back to these forums.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-09, 05:42
kin
Senior Metalhead

I am in shock. Sure, even though Pantera did rip their style off of Exhorder, Dime had some really cool solos and a pretty cool guitar playing style. Crazy to think that he just died 10 minutes ago......wow. I must say, rest in peace Dime.

Old 2004-12-09, 05:49
Drag the Waters
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

i hope u die.. then i wont have to read anymore of your dumb posts.

*sigh*.. there goes my hopes for a Pantera Reunion Tour.
.......| ____ |........................
.____|___|________........
.|.........................|.|....|.\........
.|......ice-cream....|.|__|..\___
.|.........................|..............*|
.|_.....___________.....__.o|
....(...)....~.~~.>--<o.(...).......

Old 2004-12-09, 05:50
DEAD
Post-whore

Youre children, accept someone has a differnet opinion. Life is going to be really hard for you guys if you can't accept that.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-09, 05:58
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

wow DEAD, you really are a worthless piece of shit. Where is your fucking emotion at man? Dime was one badass guitarists that would probably stand up for any guitarists on this forum that really gave a fuck.....except for you.

This will probably be your downfall.

He will forever be missed and loved by millions.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:04
DEAD
Post-whore

My emotion is saved for people I truly care about. Or for musicians that truly touched me, like Chuck or Jason Becker. They made music that really touched me. Dime never did anything that made me feel the same way, sure it was good, but I'm not going to get upset over his death. Giving me shit because I don't personally value someone as much as you is fucking bullshit. To say there is an absolute correct way to feel about this situation is insane. Grow the fuck up and realize there are ways of though outside of your own. Don't post on a message board of you can't deal with others opinions.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-09, 06:05
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

I will say this here, I respect those how never liked him, but understood that this is a time to remember what he did for metal with his brother, rex, and phil. And if it was not for him guitar playing would be dead, he kept the shred dream alive thru the grunge, hip-hop, nu-metal, and all other bullshit trends, he changed my life when i heard him play guitar, and same goes with alot of other dudes here, when he played here with slayer in damageplan, he RAPED the fucking hell hole that is Halifax, he BLEW slayer off stage, and he nonded at me when he said...

"I see a few of them pantera shirts out there" *Nonds to me*, and kicked it into walk.

And no matter who says what about the guy I still have that memory, and when i hard him in "walk" for the first time, and changed me forever.

BLACK TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH GRIN!!!

Old 2004-12-09, 06:12
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead

Damn I just heard from a friend...

This is terrible...
RIP Dimebag I have great respect for him.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:17
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I understand where you are coming from DEAD, but you are brutally outnumbered here....and if I was around you when you said some shit like that, you would be going down. Plain and Simple.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:28
DEAD
Post-whore

Wow, physical threats over the internet, you sir, need to grow the fuck up. I don't care if I'm outnumbered, shall I just follow the crowd?
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-09, 06:30
phatbassninja
New Blood

He Will Be Missed

First of all....Rest In Peace Darrell Abbot. You will be missed.
Second of all....I'm glad the asshole who shot him is fucking dead.
And Last of all...this is for you DEAD, and all of the people who might share his opinion. This tragedy has NOTHING to do with whether or not you liked his fucking music. He was a human being, and his life was stripped from him. Have respect for that you asshole. You said that your emotion is saved for those who you really care about? Then why would you waste one ounce of your time to come here and say the shit you did. This is a sad time, and the last thing that anyone wants is to have to argue whether or not a man's death is worth mourning. Had it been a stranger, I still would have mourned the loss of his life. And if for no other reason than the fact that he was a goddamned person, you should take a moment of silence with the rest of us. Now is not a time for opinions, it is a time for silence. I hope you sleep well you cold cold bastard.

RIP DIMEBAG. My Heart is with you.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:31
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

VINNIE is dead too...

www.cnn.com

RIP brothers of metal

Old 2004-12-09, 06:35
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
My emotion is saved for people I truly care about. Or for musicians that truly touched me, like Chuck or Jason Becker. They made music that really touched me. Dime never did anything that made me feel the same way, sure it was good, but I'm not going to get upset over his death. Giving me shit because I don't personally value someone as much as you is fucking bullshit. To say there is an absolute correct way to feel about this situation is insane. Grow the fuck up and realize there are ways of though outside of your own. Don't post on a message board of you can't deal with others opinions.

You don't have to get upset over his death or give a fuck in the slightest, but you said earlier it good he's dead? Don't be so damn stupid. Oh shit fearfrost, i just read that. Vinnie too, man that sucks.....

RIP Dime & Vinnie, even if I didn't like your band.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:40
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla666
wow DEAD, you really are a worthless piece of shit. Where is your fucking emotion at man? Dime was one badass guitarists that would probably stand up for any guitarists on this forum that really gave a fuck.....except for you.

This will probably be your downfall.

Quote:
Wow, physical threats over the internet, you sir, need to grow the fuck up. I don't care if I'm outnumbered, shall I just follow the crowd?

IMO, that wasn't a threat. Besides, I am a soldier in the army trained to kill sworn enemies, not someone who has no respect for anyone else.

I am through with this arguement with you.

Oh, and by the way. I a not following a fucking crowd. I happen to love Dime's music, no matter what the fuck he was playing. Even if he was over-rated, he has influenced me in more ways to describe.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Last edited by philkilla666 : 2004-12-09 at 06:42.

Old 2004-12-09, 06:41
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Even if you didn't like them, that's some bad shit getting shot at your own concert. This whole thing isn't going to be good for anybody. Even if I hated Pantera, and really fuckin' hated Damageplan, I'd be twisted up a bit over this. I mean, just the fact that somebody went to a metal show, waited until the band came on, and immediately rushed the stage and pumped the guitarist full of bullets, regardless of who the band and guitarist were, is fucked. I'd probably be kinda bummed if I heard it happened to Varg. As it is, Jesus....

Old 2004-12-09, 06:49
Bo-Dom
New Blood

Fuck!!!! What the Fuck!!!! Dime was so damn fucking good, he was one of my few idols! Arggggh Whoever said about him dieing etc. can go to fucking hell and

~ Death Upon Us ~

R.I.P Dimebag - You'll always be missed

Old 2004-12-09, 07:03
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

In a lengthy interview published in the "Xmas 2004" issue of Metal Hammer magazine, ex-PANTERA/curent SUPERJOINT RITUAL frontman Philip Anselmo spoke extensively about the breakup of his previous band and the status of all of his musical projects, among many other topics. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

On Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul's claim that Philip left PANTERA without telling them he was leaving:

"Well, they have phones as well. And they weren't communicating with me. Their way of communication was through, so they would send their errand girl to call me up and see where my head was at. Now that was pretty offensive, so I didn't play that game, and time passed. And I don't let time pass, I have to do something, I can't sit on my ass and just do nothing, I have to do something, and it must be musical. When I don't use my gift I become defunct and I become clumsy and I become useless. It's a terrible feeling to be that vulnerable.

"When you use your gift, you're on top of the world. You feel worth something, you know? You feel that you've done something, and you have, you've created. I've done that with many, many, many bands on my own time, and I was always there whenever PANTERA called to do the next record, the next tour, whatever it took, and I was always 100% there."

On what went wrong with PANTERA:

"Through devotion to and scheduling with PANTERA, a lot of things got pushed to the side — and the incarnation of other great bands like DOWN which I was part of took a lot of time and whatnot. Everything has its turn, and when it was SUPERJOINT RITUAL's turn, I felt at the time that PANTERA had done its greatest tour we'd ever done, which was with SLAYER and MORBID ANGEL in the United States. We were in Ireland when the 9/11 terrorist attacks took place in New York. We were stuck there for seven or eight days and the tour was called off because of the turbulence. After that it seemed there was a great… distancing.

"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.

"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fuckin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapour — his chin would, at least, if I fuckin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.

"But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing… Really, I just let him prattle on. I grew very tired of it very quickly, and whenever it came up, like it has come up today, I just chose to wish them the best of luck. And in all honesty I really wish that they would be men, which is very hard for them, figuring that they were living in their mother's house until they're 30 years old. In comparison, I was on the street by choice at the age of 15, living anywhere I could — but living, and successfully living, through my will."

On what it was that caused his friendship with Dimebag Darrell to turn sour:

"I think that there's a lot inside of Darrell… from what I've seen of Dimebag in the past, he had some great tragedy in his family, and of course that's Vinnie's family as well. I don't think that they were ever given or ever allowed time to really heal from that. The anger and the hatred and the drunken nights of just screaming in my face, with me sitting there taking it and holding both of my hands just to not hit the guy… I grew weary of that. I was sick of being his whipping post, y'know, and I just politely, or unpolitely, excused myself.

"I think I proved clearly to everybody what I was in PANTERA! And what I was was a unique, unbelievably magnetic frontman that had not been around since the days of Robert Plant and Ozzy Osbourne. I am one in a million. . . I have staying power! I have a devoted following that would do anything for me! Anything that I say. And there's not many people that can say that, that are in my position.

"As far as their product that they put out [referring to DAMAGEPLAN — Ed.], our product that they put out, it was obvious that I was very much involved with arranging the songs, I was very much involved with the integrity of the songs. . . The integrity and the moulding of the songs, the creating, the putting together of the song. Y'know, it was my job to do the sequencing for the record, it was my job to lyrically stun the audience. And I think they failed on every account. And the world speaks for it."

"When you see a group of guys that are not hungry any more… Honestly, between me and the world now, in my heart of hearts I believe it hurt them more not to receive the money that they were going to get — that we were all going to get — for putting out that record, than me leaving the band. They always feared me. They always were different than me. They always had their circle of friends and I had my circle of friends. Their jealousy level was incredible! Y'know, anyone that was close to me outside the band would be treated like fucking serfs or servants by the Abbott brothers. And y'know, that never… that never… never worked very well for me."

On Dimebag's implication in interviews that Anselmo has returned to heroin:

"What a stupid man. What a shallow, stupid man. How would he know what I do? And by the way, I've been fucking bone-sober for three and a half years now. Anybody who has seen me on stage, anybody who has seen the shape of my body and the size of my arms, and the fucking burning desire in my eyes, knows that I am fuckin'… I drink four beers and I have a buzz now. Gimme a break. I couldn't even say that in my twenties."

On the possibility of a PANTERA reunion:

"It would take a lot of soul-searching. It would take a lot of negotiation. And we'll see. In the end, it's what's most important to the fans.

"That's the last time I'm ever — you can put this in your article — this is the last time I am ever talking about PANTERA."

What a cunt, I bet he's feeling good about this now. Modest too.

Old 2004-12-09, 07:37
h4x5k8
Post-whore

DEAD theres some things you just shouldnt say, keep it to yourself man. Most people dont deserve to die, dime had no large reason to be killed, he was an insperation to millions, and me. RIP. Today was a tragic day for all true metalheads.

I feel fucking sick to my stomach this sucks....

Last edited by h4x5k8 : 2004-12-09 at 07:44.

Old 2004-12-09, 07:53
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Damn. I posted in the other thread too, I couldn't believe it till I read the article. this is one sad day for metal.

Pantera has been youth sentiment for me, I can't believe they got shot at their own concert, its just too fucked up for words.

DEAD, it doesn't matter if you liked them or not, people don't 'deserve' to die for making a bad album, hell, people don't 'deserve' to die for any reason in my opinion.
That was just a fucked up remark, I don't care if its your opinion, but thats just fucked up.

Old 2004-12-09, 08:17
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

Rest in Peace Dime and Vince

Old 2004-12-09, 08:30
phatbassninja
New Blood

VINNIE IS NOT DEAD!

There are several people posting on the forums at http://www.alrosavilla.com/ that were working the show when everything went down. Vinnie is very much alive and has joined us in tears over the loss of his (and our) brother in arms.

RIP Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott

"I'm gonna get soo fucking drunk for you tonight, bro."

Old 2004-12-09, 08:41
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

What was the motive for the shooting? Some random pissed off guy who was denied entry, or someone who had a beef with Dime, or a black metal thing etc?

Old 2004-12-09, 08:50
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Religious fanatic maybe???

Old 2004-12-09, 09:01
Satans Obituary
Senior Metalhead

Look whats on the damageplan forums..

Ok, ok, the joke went a little too far. We did all this just to see who our true fans were, and I think we can now say we have some pretty loyal fans, and some pretty scummy people on this earth. Dime Bag isn't dead, no-one got hurt. It was a publicity stunt (which worked fairly well I must add) Please no harsh feelings against the band, or against the fans. Dime bag is going to be on MTV's breaking news at 7:00 this morning letting everyone in on the incident. Please don't panic, but please, keep spreading the rumors and gossip, we need this thing to get so completely huge that everyone out there will hear the name "Damage Plan"
http://discussions.elektra.com/wm-d...sages/?msg=6428

What an asshole to joke around about this..

RIP
Dimebag

Old 2004-12-09, 09:21
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

Thats the wrong link.

All I heard about the shooter is that he was wearing a hockey jersey.

Old 2004-12-09, 09:31
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:

I'm with Dead. Never a Pantera fan and Damageplan wasn't anything special. I mean, yeah it's bad that he died and all, but it's not taken me back or anything. Hope you guys can respect that.

Old 2004-12-09, 09:40
obrien20
Post-whore

HOLY FUCK, i just can't believe that!

Old 2004-12-09, 09:47
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

At least you didn't say he was better off dead Myles. So yes I can have some sort of respect for what you're saying

Old 2004-12-09, 10:11
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

How the fuck does this belong in 'Guitar Zone'? Is this about Dime's pinch harmonics? Or was Dime secretly a scale? Seriously, this should be in either 'Bands' or 'Chit Chat'. I already posted what I thought in a different thread which, for some inexplicable reason, was locked. PM me, Far Beyond Sane, I'm really curious what the fuck that rant was all about.

Old 2004-12-09, 11:03
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

He's really pissed of and in rant mode. cant blame him.

Old 2004-12-09, 11:06
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Also because he said that the one in Chit Chat is enough.

Old 2004-12-09, 11:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/ni...ting/index.html

I already posted at chitchat. This is just sad. CNN said it was Vinnie , the gunman, and 3 others. I hope Walpurgis drummer wasn't there. Nothing said on CNN about Dimebag.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-12-09, 11:38
obrien20
Post-whore

shit, he got four shots, is he dead or not?

Last edited by obrien20 : 2004-12-09 at 11:41.

Old 2004-12-09, 11:43
MetalPoldi
Post-whore

RIP Dimebag!!!

Old 2004-12-09, 11:56
Satans Obituary
Senior Metalhead

Old 2004-12-09, 12:00
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

This is very bad news indeed and the repurcussions of one idiotic man's actions could change the concert going culture forever. These are scary events that have happened here and will surely herald an increase in security for concerts. Of course, security isn't cheap so ticket prices will be hiked up and if the safety of the bands cannot be guaranteed expect bands not to tour round your neck of the woods for the foreseeable future.

A sad, sad day for metal.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-12-09, 12:05
Mania
Senior Metalhead

I've just seen on music news tv that Dimebag (RIP) is definitely dead! The guy shot him several times before turning on the rest of the band and then the crowd. The policeman shot him dead. There's no news on Vinnie though, only that three others were hurt.

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!

Old 2004-12-09, 12:22
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well said, John. Clubs are closing down all over the place already without something like this making it worse. There's no telling how much damage this could do to touring, and to metal in general.

From what I've heard, Vinnie survived by ducking and crawling away and at some point made a call on a cell phone from the parking lot. Most reports I've seen of him being dead are based on the cnn.com article, which juxtaposed sentences in a way that a distraught reader could easily interpret it that way. Unsurprising, there has since been a paragraph break added in between the confusing sentences. Ever since CNN reported the 'Basketful of Puppies' story, though, I haven't really been looking upon them as the reliable media bastion they're supposed to be. Right now I'm waiting to see some official sites related to Dime updated. Damageplan's homepage is unavailable at the moment, so there should probably be an official statement soon. Or it simply crashed due to overwhelming interest; that wouldn't surprise me.

Old 2004-12-09, 12:34
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Old 2004-12-09, 13:03
TheUndeadMan
Metalhead

That fucking sucks.......

Old 2004-12-09, 13:46
Satans Obituary
Senior Metalhead

They seemed to added more to the story

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Old 2004-12-09, 16:42
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Quote:

fuck you

I can't fucking belive this dime was my all time favourite guitarist

Old 2004-12-09, 17:16
insulted
New Blood

To Dead

Hey
I heard about Dimebag's death and came here to hear what happened and i see someone insulting him on a post dedicated to him. Dont hide behind free speech. Dont say 'sir' and then 'fuck' in the same sentence, you sound like a 10 year old with a dictionary. And damn man, don't insult a metal legend just because you dont like the music.

Old 2004-12-09, 17:24
ThongPick
New Blood

OMFG WHAT? WWWHHHAATTT? THIS IS THEM LAMEST THING A HEARD

KILLED AT HIS OWN SHOW BY A STUPID MOTHER FUCKER SEXUALY ABUSED UP THE ASS ,TAHT FUCKING SAD

NO WORD TO DESCRIBE ALL MY HATE

THE KILLER IS DEAD, TO BAD I WANNA FINISH HIM BY MY SELF AND MAKE THE WORST HUMILIATION POSSIBLE FOR HIM.

MUSIC LEGEND DEAD TODAY. RIP... HMM

RIH REST IN HELL

UNBELIEVABLE I NEVER THINK SOMEONE CAN ONLY THINK TO DO THAT, THIS RETARD DID IT OMFG AND IM SURE HE HAS NO REASON ANYWAY THAT FUCKING SUCK. I WANNA THE WHOLE FAMILY OF THE KILLER.

FUCKING BULLSHIT !!!!

IM FUCKING UPSET ABOUT THIS

I LOVED PANTERA........

Last edited by ThongPick : 2004-12-09 at 17:26.

Old 2004-12-09, 17:32
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Rest In Peace Dimebag Darrell

Hey people,

I found this forum and had to join in the aftermath of this morning's news. Unbelievable. Totally Shocked. In a daze. It was front page headline story when I went to MSNBC this morning. Whodathunkit? That's one helluva way to get the lead story Dime. You always did things differently.

I've been playing guitar for 20 yrs now. I remember the first time I heard Cowboys From Hell and thought to myself, 'Holy shit, now that's how to play. That's very cool and I want to do that!" Since then, Dime's been a huge influence on me and my playing, along with tens of thousands of others I'm sure.

I read some of the other fucking idiot posts on this thread (you know who you are) and have only one thing to say: I think we'd all agree, Dimebag deserves our respect in death for giving everything of himself to his instrument and music, and in the end even giving his life for it.

Darrell Abbott, Godspeed and Rest In Peace.

RIPDime

Old 2004-12-09, 17:34
Fabyanos
New Blood

My heart goes out to the families and friends of those who died.Many many people will be very saddened by his passing, he was the one guitarist who drove me, and many others, to become a better and cooler axemen. Not enough respect can ever be given to someone who dedicated so much time to hone a talent of such epic proportions as his, he will live on forever in the guitartist hall of fame, not just metal, but all gitarists. R.I.P dimebag, I hope you have a good piss up tonight with mssrs Hendrix and Roads.

Please will everyone with some silly arguement or inappropriate comment post elsewhere. So what if the rules get bent a little on a day like this, let this be a thread to Dimebag. Please people, have respect.

Old 2004-12-09, 17:38
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

wow. lots of new members all of a sudden, its good to see you're paying your respect here guy, you're all welcome to stay.

If you look at it, its just plain fucking sick. it makes me sick thinking someone can just walk up and kill a legend, on the spot. He died on stage, doing what he did best, playing guitar.

Fuck, he didn't fade away, but its a fucking harsh way to die.

I hope he's ripping it up with Hendrix and Rhoads now. Fuck. RIP Dime, you're the shit.

Old 2004-12-09, 17:40
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

MAn shit on ebay is high, dimes are $$$, i was luck to get my 2 when i did.

Old 2004-12-09, 17:58
westsiderrider
New Blood

Dime and Vinnie

Ok Almost everyone who has posted on the forum is a fucking child. Everyone is going on about Dime but Vinnie got killed to. dime and vinnie were complete equals, dime is no better than vinnie yet all you stupid fuckers can think is ooohhh Dimebag. have some compassion to the familys of the fans who were killed, dime and vinnie DIDNT deserve to die and neither did the fans, but ooohhh coz Dime is SO cool and So famouse all you fucking children can think of is,
''oh ye that guy from Pantera go killed it sucks''
Dime is no more OR less important than the Vinnie or the fans. and remember, the fans MADE Dime as big as he is.

im not putting down dime or vinnie but some of you really need to grow up or your world will come crashing down when someone close to you dies.

RIP all those who perrished.
X

Old 2004-12-09, 18:01
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Vinnie didn't die.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:02
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Vinnie got killed and then made a phone call, and has since talked to people who've reported his account of what happened? Interesting theory.

People are going on because he's the only confirmed death. Of the rest of the band only the vocalist was shot. The people he's equal to are the crew and audience members who also got killed, true, but it's impossible to think of them in the same way. None of us grew up idolizing other audience members. I feel for their families as I do for his, but there's not going to be a gap in my world because of it.

Coming in here and going 'You're all fucking children, I'm the only person who's responding well to this' is asinine and egotistic. Don't condescend if you're full of shit. Everybody here feels awful to begin with; nobody needs to hear they're not mourning correctly.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2004-12-09 at 18:04.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:03
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Its not official that Vinnie died bro. I just watched it on the news again and again. Also, this isn't Fantabs....this is METALTABS. We feel sorry for anyone that has to be killed for something so senseless as that fucking puke had to do. I feel very sorry for the families of the fans, but they never inspired me to play guitar!!!! Don't come on this forum trying to lay some shit down man. That is not fucking cool.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:06
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderrider
Ok Almost everyone who has posted on the forum is a fucking child. Everyone is going on about Dime but Vinnie got killed to. dime and vinnie were complete equals, dime is no better than vinnie yet all you stupid fuckers can think is ooohhh Dimebag. have some compassion to the familys of the fans who were killed, dime and vinnie DIDNT deserve to die and neither did the fans, but ooohhh coz Dime is SO cool and So famouse all you fucking children can think of is,
''oh ye that guy from Pantera go killed it sucks''
Dime is no more OR less important than the Vinnie or the fans. and remember, the fans MADE Dime as big as he is.

im not putting down dime or vinnie but some of you really need to grow up or your world will come crashing down when someone close to you dies.

RIP all those who perrished.
X

and how old are you then, you fucking cunt. we're paying respect to Dime, the only man confirmed killed in the band.

Now shut the fuck up.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:27
Fabyanos
New Blood

Westsiderider FUCK YOU!
You Fucking belligerent CUNT!
Would you go up to the mother of the deceased and say "you fucking child, other people died to you know, not just your son"?!?
Fuck off.
Noone here who is paying their respects to Dimebag ever dissed vinnie or any of the other poor souls who died.
Who unfairly lossed their fucking lives. But you, you cunt GO AWAY.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:31
westsiderrider
New Blood

OK my bad, i read on a mews bullitin that vinnie got killed. But dont call me a cunt you worthless muther fucker. dime is no better than anyone else in this world. Yes he was a fucking great guitar player and it is SHITTY thing that he dided but he was no better than the others who got killed, he only played guitar.

Youve just proven your a child by calling me a cunt, i said i wasnt dissing dime but yet you still think that your special and can put me down?

Old 2004-12-09, 18:33
Fabyanos
New Blood

And another thing you fucking idiot, while it is perfectly true that as a human being everyone will be sadly missed equally and noone desreved to die any more or less, it is plainly obvious that most people here are guitarists and may not be saying much about vinnie coz. So what. Fuck you again. If you'd said that to my face I'd a fucked you up, how old are you anyway?
At a moment like this emotions run high so fuck the fuck off giving me shit. You cunt. Div.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:40
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Why do idiots feel the need to reply to this thread..

why??

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:41
Fabyanos
New Blood

I'm fucked off that my hero just snuffed it, and that some little west riding hood bitch is telling me I'm a child for being respectful to my hero, someone should boot you off this thread and take both of our negative posts off. If you look back, you'll find everyone was being quite civil till you turned up. I'm gonna send you my I live in Sevenoaks Kent UK if you wanna come here and go home in fucking ambulance. I really fucking hate righteous little wank stains like you who open their mouths without thinking, then defend your bullshit to the end rather than apologizing and shutting up. Did you or did you not c say most people here are fucking children etc? What fucking lunatic let you loose with a computer.

Anyway people, just been reported on channel 4 news (UK) Dimebag dead.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:43
DEAD
Post-whore

For the record I never said he deserved to die. I said that he did what he did for the metal community, which was awesome, but he ran his course and now makes shit music.

To whoever said they would mourn any person's life, that is bullshit. You'd be mourning 24/7 people die EVERYDAY, and if they didnt touch me all that deeply, I'm not going to get all sad about it.

I didnt knwo anyone needed a dictionary to look up the word "sir".
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-09, 18:50
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Here's hoping...

...you guys will drop it so we can have a decent thread for those who wanna pay tribute to Dimebag. Ok, said my peace.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:52
Fabyanos
New Blood

Dead, you seem very preoccupied with popular opinon and what everybody else thinks. And going against that. To appear, erm grown up?
Save it, we all know you are 14.
Dont worry bout it mate, if you read the thread you posted as if you were a third person, you'd see it was rather tackless, inappropriate and kinda rude.
You know it was a bad choice. I can feel it.

Old 2004-12-09, 18:57
Donzi
New Blood

RIP Dime.

Old 2004-12-09, 19:16
guitar_demon
MotörCat

when i woke up this morning, i threw on my motohead shirt and walked outa my room, then i turned back around cause i had a change of mind, and put on my pantera shirt...5 minutes later i hear the tragic news,

dimebag was a true legend, and definitally an icon of mine, i dont cry often but when i heard the news tears came to my eyes. i have been stuned all day....

RIP DARRELL "DIMEBAG" ABBOTT 66-04 A TRUE METAL LEGEND, SENCLESSLY SLAIN...

Old 2004-12-09, 19:22
Transient
HES BAAACK

do i listen to pantera all the time? no. but i know talent and charisma when i see it....and dimebag had it in spades.

RIP

Old 2004-12-09, 19:32
Anarchos Mortis
Metalhead

Ruined my day...found out at school during lunch. And to top it off, only about 4 kids at my school even knew who he was =/

Die for Honor, Die for Glory, Death in Fire.

Old 2004-12-09, 19:40
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

Agreed with Dead, he didn't influence me at all, and I personally had much distaste for the bouncy style, and the exhorder ripping off, His life being taken from me was not a sad moment, it was not even a moment, but a fraction of something.

Chuck Schuldiner when he died I actually cared... Yet i doubt many of you cared WHEN he actually died, because i am sure alot of you did not know him. And here in my area, to many people like Pantera/Damageplan, and i have learned to spurn these people and the music they like.

Also who cares if he dies before his spiral down, I am sure even some of his Pantera fans dont like Damageplan. Of course his career was only going to get worse, and he would make his own fans totally hate him, its an eventuallity for almost all musicians.

Of course in the end we must die, so don't be mad if someone doesn't care, atleast he died with some of his dignity.
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.

Old 2004-12-09, 19:42
chaoslord007
New Blood

RIP Dime

RIP Dime. He was a great musician who wrote some of my favourite guitar riffs ever

Old 2004-12-09, 19:55
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidonlord666
Chuck Schuldiner when he died I actually cared... Yet i doubt many of you cared WHEN he actually died, because i am sure alot of you did not know him. And here in my area, to many people like Pantera/Damageplan, and i have learned to spurn these people and the music they like.

Your an idiot..

I was very saddened when Chuck passed away, but not surprised.

Dime was fucking MURDERED.

Now please, if your just gonna say negative shit pick another day and another thread.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-09, 20:12
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Well said BLS. We don't need any more negativity here.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-09, 20:17
SuNioj0369
Supreme Metalhead

Rest in Peace Dime

Old 2004-12-09, 20:52
Pantera_Rule
New Blood

Thumbs up R.I.P dimebag, ur a fucking legend

This goes out to former Pantera Guitarist Dimebag Darrell, May he rock on forever, he was a great Guitarist and will be missed by everybody who truly appreciates Metal, Pass this on so his spirit may live on.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PASS THIS ON, to keep dimebags legacy alive

Old 2004-12-09, 20:54
Transient
HES BAAACK

imagine how upset everyone would be if usher got shot. if only, instead its dime.

notice how many newbies are paying respect .... people with like three posts are showing up. good to see

Old 2004-12-09, 21:07
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

This is like the 5th time I've heard this now, RIP dimebag. I will listen to some pantera in his memory.

Old 2004-12-09, 21:12
sirejones
New Blood

Chuck Schuldiner's passing was painful, and Dimebag's is too. But it's in poor taste to come to this forum and heap derision on he who is mourned.

Dimebag's passing is a damned shame. If it weren't for Pantera, I would never have picked up the guitar. But I - like most of you - will continute to draw inspiration from the great wealth of Dimebag's recorded catalogue, from 'Cowboys...' through 'New Found Power.'

Find yourself a bottle of jack, a good pair of headphones and rock Vulgar Display 5 times in a row.

Old 2004-12-09, 21:50
Phobialoser
New Blood

Dime was the guitarist I looked up to the most, He has influenced my playing more than any other guitarist. I still cant believe he is dead. A weird thing is about 3 days ago I had a dream that Dime was killed.
Dime RIP

Old 2004-12-09, 22:01
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Cut the Exhorder shit. Pantera never sounded much like Exhorder; Phil sounded a lot like Kyle, but that's not the same thing. Anyway, both Phil and Pantera progressed to someplace that Kyle and Exhorder sound nothing like, and Exhorder progressed into ... right, nothing. You sound like Gene Simmons sueing King Diamond for wearing makeup. Boo fuckin' hoo.

And everybody knew, and cared, when Chuck died. That was a pretty major event. When he was diagnosed with the tumor it was in a bunch of guitar magazines and on some non-music websites. I had people who'd never heard any death metal outside Ace Ventura: Pet Detective asking me about it. Everybody knew, everybody cared, and, like BLS said, everybody knew it was coming. Chuck didn't live to be your fuckin' elitist underground metal bullshit badge of honor. And this thread isn't about how you hate your local Pantera fans. It's about how somebody took a gun to a metal show, shot a metal icon in the head, then shot at the people who set up shows every day, and the people who just went to see a metal band live. I don't give a shit if you liked Dime or thought he was a hackjob whose fame detracted from better metal guitarist or just some guy with a dumb beard: if that shit doesn't bother you there's something wrong with you. In the end we all must die, but how many of us are going to get shot repeatedly in the head? Not that many. How many shows are going to get broken up because some ass brings a gun and kills a band member? How often does that happen? I can't think of many times. Think about what you're saying. People aren't just sad because Dime died.

Old 2004-12-09, 22:09
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Damn Strait

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-09, 22:10
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

BRAVO!

Another worthy post from our american comrad!

Old 2004-12-09, 22:22
Trendkill 420
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
when i woke up this morning, i threw on my motohead shirt and walked outa my room, then i turned back around cause i had a change of mind, and put on my pantera shirt...5 minutes later i hear the tragic news,

i shit you not. I was getting dressed for work this morning, lookin for clothes strung about my room and i grabbed a shirt. At that moment i saw my "pantera watch it go" shirt, i grabbed that one instead.
I didn't here the news until tonight.

R.I.P

Dime

Old 2004-12-09, 22:47
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

OMFG!

My most influencial guitarist... shot to death in a freak accident. I'm about to fuckin cry reading this shit. WTF!?! Why does it happen to the extremely talented individuals. God Damn You!! Long live the spirit of Dimebag! Even with him dying now, his life was one not wasted. He done more than his fair share. Look over us metalheads dime.....

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2004-12-09, 22:47
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead

Vince isn't dead...AFAIK he went into shock soon after, but then woke up.

Dime got shot 5 times according to one witness in the crowd.

Again, I have real respect for him. In my eyes he is a true legend. He didn't die from alcoholism, drugs, a car crash or suicide. No, he went out with a bang (no pun intended) playing metal till the last second. He died on stage in front of loyal fans. That is really something.

I am very much glad that the asshole who did it was shot and killed right then and there. Quick death, no trial. No chance of pleading insanity.

And I might as well pay respect to the others who died also. The two fans and ...? Did Bob Zilla die?

And if you aren't going to pay respects or condolences, why post? To piss people off?

Old 2004-12-09, 22:48
DeathByMetal
New Blood

Quote:
Youre children, accept someone has a differnet opinion. Life is going to be really hard for you guys if you can't accept that.

Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you need to flaunt it to people who you know will be offended. I happen to be a Pantera fan, although they are by no means my favorite band, and when i read your post i got pissed. A guitar legend was shot by a crazy fucker and you make light of it by saying, oh i didn't know him and damageplan sucked so fuck him.
I have one word to say to you. FUCK YOU, YOU POOR ASS EXCUSE FOR A METALHEAD.

Old 2004-12-09, 22:59
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Chill dude, leave it be.

It's good to see a lot of new people posting here, normally we get new 'asswipes' to post but when it comes to this, I haven't seen any retarded threads by noobs. It's a nice thing to know people care enough about this to post about it and share their feelings.

Good shit newbs. I never though I'de say this, but at this time everythings a bit different, but.. I salute you.

Old 2004-12-09, 23:01
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Here's a decent article...

...with more info than I have seen elsewhere about what happened:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Old 2004-12-09, 23:05
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

jezus, look at that picture of the house and the story about vinnie

Old 2004-12-09, 23:07
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Chill, man, chill. Don't end on an angry note in a thread that should be respecting this man's memory. Yelling definitely's not doing Dime's memory justice. I'm definitely curbing myself in from the monosyllabic, stream-of-profanity screaming I'd like to be doing every time I see something that reminds me of how fucked up it must be that this can happen and be turned into a joke within a few hours. Let's just try and chill and remember the music.

A few reports I've read now say he didn't see the gunman coming and literally died while still playing. I don't know if that's beautiful or terrible.

Old 2004-12-09, 23:22
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON FART
. He died on stage in front of loyal fans. That is really something.

I am extremly saddend by his death, but if your a metal guitar legend, that is the way to go. on stage axe in hand doing what you love the most
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2004-12-09, 23:38
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

I've got a friend who is notorious for sending chain letters, to which I never respond, despite all the curses I'm sure to endure by ignoring 'em. For once though I will do something with his newest chain letter. I am reposting it here. I don't believe in sending chain letters but I did update my MSN screen name in honor of Dimebag...

Here's the text of the chain letter...

"No, this is NOT another chain letter from your great friend Jake (pig)(hawk)(scabs), so many nick-names, it's terrible.... but not as terrible as to what happened last nite. One of Rock's Greatist Guitarist was assasinated while preforming, his name was Darrel Abbott, better knowen as Dimebag Darrel, former Pantera Guitarist. In his memory, my good friend Eben and I have started a Tribute we hope to make happen around the world, we're setting or screen names, or status's to "R.I.P. Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott 1966-2004." There is one more part to this, as of now (while you read this) it is not a chain letter, let's turn it into a chain letter and get the message out that physically Dimebag my have left us, but will never leave our hearts. Theres no catch at the bottom of this saying send it to this many ppl or you'll have bad luck, just send it to people you consider a friend. Thank you for your time."

Old 2004-12-10, 00:10
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Well, i've never even listened to pantera before sadly enough. I just found out that my dad owned their album "Far Beyond Driven" I will give it a listen right now.

R.I.P Dimebag

Old 2004-12-10, 00:22
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

fucking hell . i couldnt believe it, i dont really like Pantera, but i respect Dimebag Darrell as a guitarist greatly. there are only two "metalheads" in my school, and when i told them what happened, they were like "who the fuck is dimebag darrell?" I was so fucking angry.
Rest in Peace Dimebag

Old 2004-12-10, 00:23
guitar_demon
MotörCat

...i cant believe you have never heard them shred...wow

Old 2004-12-10, 00:33
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Good god, I just heard it on the news

Is everyone okay? I'm shaking.

Old 2004-12-10, 00:40
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

This has really fucked us all up soul.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-10, 00:44
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

This cd kicks ass man. Pantera truly was great.

I'm more disturbed than anything. They can't even play a show without some nutcase killing somebody.

Old 2004-12-10, 00:45
guitar_demon
MotörCat

i feel the same way trend, about the above and the thing about it being dimebag, has anyone ever heard of him getting in a fight or pissing anyone off? NO, he was probably the coolest nicest guy ever. i know a guy who met dime when he was 13, his uncle was securtiy and got him back stage dime was super nice to him and was willing to hang out and show some guitar licks to a 13 year old!