MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-09-14, 10:35
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

eBay banning sales of Black Metal related items...

Just got this from from Blabbermouth, I know lots of people here get their shit from eBay so I thought you should at least be informed on what the fuck is happening:
Quote:
Paula Hogan of MANIC Music & Distribution and Candlelight Records USA has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET to report that "eBay is [allegedly] currently starting a ban on black/extreme metal. A few of our vendors who have sizeable eBay stores are now finding their items pulled down by eBay directly. The list we have compiled so far that have been pulled for sale via any eBay stores or auctions is noted below. I'm sure there are more."

Added Dan Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN's Abyss Records: "I had a number of items removed and account suspended by selling black metal. It seems a group of so-called Christians have been reporting black metal bands (even though eBay has black metal as a search genre) as all racist and hateful and discriminatory."

The items that were allegedly removed by eBay because they "violated the eBay Hateful or Discriminatory policy" are as follows:

BURZUM - Complete 6 LP SET
EMPEROR - IX Equilibrium ORIG. LP
WOTANORDEN - From The.. CD
BURZUM - s/t / Aske DOUBLE LP
1349 - Beyond The CD
DARKTHRONE - Panzerfaust CD
MAYHEM - Collection 4 LP SET
PANTHEON - Krihapentswor CD
DARKTHRONE - Total Death CD
BURZUM - Draugen CD DVD
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs LP
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs CD
ZYKLON B - Blood Must Be Shed CD
ARMAGGEDON - Imperium CD
EMPEROR - Demo LP
1349 - Hellfire DOUBLE LP
DARKTHRONE - Hate Them CD
BURZUM - Filosofem DOUBLE LP
BURZUM - Hlidskjalf LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var DIGI CD
CAMULOS / AINSHVAL - Split CD
BURZUM - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var LP
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - Weltanschauung CD
SATYRICON - Now, Diabolical CD

In eBay's e-mail to Ferguson explaining their decision to remove his listing, they write, "eBay doesn't permit sellers to list items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or racial intolerance. Items that promote organizations with such views are also prohibited.

"eBay will judiciously disallow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence or racial intolerance, or items that promote organizations (such as Nazis, neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation) with such views. This policy also applies to listings that offer shipping to countries where certain items may be illegal."

Fuck the christian agenda. I hope there's no legal way they can do this.
\m/\m/

Old 2006-09-14, 10:43
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

You have to be kidding...........

Old 2006-09-14, 10:55
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

I agree with you, but am not going to cry any time soon. EBay is a private company - there is no right to free expression on their website. They no doubt have a policy clause which says "We can do what we like, so up yours". If they think it's a viable commercial decision, they'll make it.

(Also, a lot of that list is RAW TR00 OLD SK00L BL4CK M3TAL that sounds like cats fucking in a tin box.)

BUT. As little as I think of old-school black metal, that list is a pile of shit. Satyricon? Read this and decide for yourself if it in any way qualifies at 'hate-filled'. The album art? No fucking way.

Perhaps 1349? I think this stuff is pretty mild but that's just me... I'm almost entirely immune to it.

By their own standards, they need to ban this, or perhaps
this, certainly this , and any number of other things.

Witch-hunt bullshit.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-09-14, 10:57
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

What a joke.

Old 2006-09-14, 11:03
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Ok yes well banning violence take away every gore death or metal band other than like 80s thrash that was against the war and involved with politics, take away all the korn and all the nu metal, take away every form of aggressive music ever.

Old 2006-09-14, 11:20
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
take away every form of aggressive music ever.

that's what they should do,at least be fair

Old 2006-09-14, 11:21
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Well I hope they're banning gangster rap also!

Old 2006-09-14, 11:59
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Maybe they should ban Christian music due to its overwhelmingly turgid quality. Oh, and it offends people who don't want religion rammed down their throat.

"Mummy, mummy! That bad man is selling black metal that I'm never going to buy anyway! Make him stop hurting my eyes, mummy!"

What a group of tossers. Just because they would rather sit and listen to scriptures being read by Scott Stapp doesn't mean everybody else does.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-09-14, 12:42
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

maybe they are still getting around to it all..but of the one album listed that i searched: http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...URZUM+-+Draugen

Old 2006-09-14, 13:07
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Perhaps 1349? I think this stuff is pretty mild but that's just me... I'm almost entirely immune to it.

isn't chasing the dragon smoking crack after shooting heroine?

anyways, yea, this is pretty ridiculous. i know for some people out in the middle of fuckin nowhere, ebay is their only source of metal media. someone should right a e-petition. i would be more than happy to sign it.

BOYCOTT EBAY UNTIL THEY ALLOW BLACK METAL!

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-09-14, 13:55
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's ridiculous, but they banned used underwear sales so my income went back down again. ( <--sarcasm) You know if they do that another place will spring up that does sell that stuff and you guys will probably be first to spread the word. Where there's a will (or a market) there's a way.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-09-14, 14:29
Transient
HES BAAACK

FUCK ANYBODY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Old 2006-09-14, 14:29
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
That's ridiculous, but they banned used underwear sales so my income went back down again. ( <--sarcasm) )

I nearly choked on my cuppa tea when I read this!

Old 2006-09-14, 14:33
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't go on ebay, so this probably doesn't affect me as much as some of you, but yeah, I think it is bullshit. But also, as Far Beyond Sane said(I think it was him), they had to have some little thing in the terms of agreement that cancels out your freedom to speech in a way. Kind of like on youtube; this one dude made a videodescribing how our 1st amendment rights pretty much mean shit when we post a video on there.

Can these cd's be bought in stores?

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-09-14, 14:38
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

they should just ban Black Metal from the freakin planet.

Old 2006-09-14, 14:39
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
they should just ban Black Metal from the freakin planet.

HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE

Old 2006-09-14, 15:18
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Amazon.com has Burzum stuff. I would assume they have the other bands mentioned but I don't have time right now to check all of them. Is there something wrong with amazon.com I don't know about?
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-09-14, 15:33
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
anyways, yea, this is pretty ridiculous. i know for some people out in the middle of fuckin nowhere, ebay is their only source of metal media.

It's ridiculous but not because of availability issues; it's the freedom of expression aspect that worries me. They can always get CD's from another website after all.

Old 2006-09-14, 15:37
Amadeus
Quantum.

If we ever meet, FBS, I shall have to shoot you, because I can't stand someone beating me to the good point every bloody time.
He is entirely right, and I can't help get that feeling that yes, some kind of new fangled witch hunt is happening in the US. But HEY, dear metalheads, if you have to place yourself in a genre that makes shock value an everyday jargon, guess what, that's right, you're going to UPSET people.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2006-09-14, 15:38
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
isn't chasing the dragon smoking crack after shooting heroine?

i'm pretty sure chasing the dragon is a reference to smoking opium. i could be mistaken though.

Old 2006-09-14, 15:50
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well hey there are like DC++ hubs out there that i've been baned from for having certain Oi bands on my harddrive because they claim "its white supremicist" music. Bullshit. Its once again everybody seems to think skin punk, or Oi punk has rascist and so on. Its about the dumbest thing i've ever heard considering its ANTI-rascist. Wierd how they get pinned the opposite label by the majority for the globe.

Anyways.... This ebay thing is pretty dumb, but then again they can do whatever they want to do. Although they should probably rethink the reason behind why they're doing it and who it would effect and why.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-09-14, 16:27
low-tech
Post-whore

they might as well say "hey kid, these records are cool,however we cannot sell them."

theyre giving free press to these bands. its the same as when the parental advisory sticker can out, same as when marilyn mansons shows were cancelled after numerous school shootings. same as when 2livecrew got arrested for obsenity

all this stuff does is stigmatizes music that sells on controversy anyway. when you make shocking,profane music and then retailers,senators,religious groups denounce it for being nothing more than what it is, thats the best advertisement for it.

Old 2006-09-14, 16:49
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Im not sure how much i truly believe this after searching burzum and finding 200+ results, same with many of the other "banned" bands". Also as stated before "Black Metal" Is a search genera. and also for the other fact Black Metal is not the only style of music to glorify the listed "bad" things.

Old 2006-09-14, 16:54
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I don't believe that this is true.

However, if it is, e-bay is perfectly within their rights and I don't give a shit.

Old 2006-09-14, 17:28
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I don't know if it's true or not. But fuck they accuse BM of being racist? Bullshit. I'll admit some is but not all. You want to ban a racist band? Hatebreed! Don't they have a song called "Kill The Nigger"?

Christian bullshit is what this is!

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-09-14, 17:59
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
I don't know if it's true or not. But fuck they accuse BM of being racist? Bullshit. I'll admit some is but not all. You want to ban a racist band? Hatebreed! Don't they have a song called "Kill The Nigger"?

I think you'll find it's called 'Kill an Addict'

Old 2006-09-14, 18:23
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

I don't really care, don't use Ebay anyway.

Old 2006-09-14, 18:31
Requiem
Post-whore

So whats next rated M games

Old 2006-09-14, 19:09
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher

This may be shooting piss into the wind carelessly, but maybe they misconstrude the term "BLACK Metal" to mean something else. I remember the first time I played some Dimmu in my dad's car, and I told them they were a black metal band, and he thought that meant they were a metal band with black people in it.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-09-14, 19:11
Requiem
Post-whore

There are plenty of death metal bands that are satanist just look at Deicide.

Old 2006-09-14, 19:45
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
There are plenty of death metal bands that are satanist just look at Deicide.

Wh.....dude......c'mon. Deicide are funny, not satanic.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-09-14 at 20:27.

Old 2006-09-14, 20:00
k13m
Post-whore

im a racist to sumtimes so ban me...

no wayt DONT

ill be good

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-14, 20:49
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

eBay can't handle it's kvltness.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2006-09-14, 21:07
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

They should also ban Kiss, the creators of black metal.

What a load of shit..ebay pisses me off, for the past few weeks my account has been invalid for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-09-14, 21:51
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
They should also ban Kiss, the creators of black metal.

Ha.

I always wondered why everyone attacks satanic and gore bands. To me Punk is way worse with the treasonous imagery most seem to glorify. It's way worse to destroy a society of people through anarchy than it is to kill a woman and eat her dead cunt or burn a pentagram on a helpless bunny for some cult ritual.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-09-14, 22:12
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Haaaaannnnnnnngggggggg on, this wouldn't have something to do with a certain recent shooting in Montreal, would it?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-09-14, 22:13
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

i might as well jump in and say that i think this is stupid as well. luckily i only like two of those bands. but thats not what would make me mad anyway, its the whole idea of doing this. just retarded. i cant believe the views of some people

Old 2006-09-14, 22:14
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Haaaaannnnnnnngggggggg on, this wouldn't have something to do with a certain recent shooting in Montreal, would it?

It probably does, I read that after I read this thread and those were my thoughts.

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-09-14, 22:41
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

they should open a new site for this shit, like Necrobay or e-Frostbitten.castle, with a disclaimer right on the opening page:

"you need to be this evil to enter."

Old 2006-09-14, 22:46
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

this is ridiculous. so i guess theire gonna be taking black metal shirts off ebay also? and Stormtroopers of Death merchandise? ouch

Old 2006-09-15, 00:20
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Well, they can't get rid of Death, because Chuck is a born-again Christina.....I mean Christian.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-09-15, 01:10
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Well, they can't get rid of Death, because Chuck is a born-again Christina.....I mean Christian.

prove that

Old 2006-09-15, 04:31
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
they"you need to be this evil to enter."

Then no one would be allowed in, because no one is as grim as Abbath.

Old 2006-09-15, 04:42
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
It probably does, I read that after I read this thread and those were my thoughts.

Agreed those were my thoughts also, just like after columbine and the banning of Marlyin Manson shows. If it really is being banned. Oh and my girlfriend also thought it was heavy metal music with black people haha

Old 2006-09-15, 13:49
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
prove that

Go and find out yourself at emptywords.org, dick.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-09-15, 14:01
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:

Ummmm.......can dead people classify as born-again christians?

Old 2006-09-15, 14:13
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

blamming musicians for fucked up peeps decisions to blow up a school is pretty much the definition of a "straw man" fallacy. i did a search of "burzum" on ebay and still got some hits, mostly merchandise, however. if those cds are the only things not being sold, i dont mind too much. i already have all the emperor, nokturnal mortum and burzum i'll ever need.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-09-15, 14:20
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
I remember the first time I played some Dimmu in my dad's car, and I told them they were a black metal band, and he thought that meant they were a metal band with black people in it.

Old 2006-09-15, 14:49
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Ummmm.......can dead people classify as born-again christians?

I don't know why I'm letting this get to me, but it is possible to convert and then die, you insignificunt.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-09-15, 15:03
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
this is ridiculous. so i guess theire gonna be taking black metal shirts off ebay also? and Stormtroopers of Death merchandise? ouch

Well S.O.D. is more joking around and stuff. It would be like trying to ban Anal Cunt or G.G. Allin merch.

Besides I don't think shirts are being taken off there are so many shits that spout blashemy on ebay and sites already. Like Rotten Cotton. They have shirts like "I Fucked A Nun" or "Cancell Easter I Found The Body" "Wash your hands after touching christians" but my personal favourite is a picture of a cross with an arrow pointing to the bottom saying "This Side Up". That's why Rotten Cotton, Satan's Sideshow and Punk Stuff are the places where I got most of my clothes. I just use ebay for REALLY rare albums, shirts, comics, toys, and other things.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-09-15, 15:13
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Ebay should ban things like this: http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ntrypage=search .....because it takes away from people's much needed weekend exercising.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-09-15, 15:13
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I feel sorry for the vendors as they've had their trade restricted by a small group of simpletons who treat mythology as a means by which to judge other people. How pious of them to deprive a fellow human of a living - I bet the Christians would be the first to complain when the people they've put out of business are signing on to the welfare system. Cunts.

Old 2006-09-15, 15:17
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
I don't know why I'm letting this get to me, but it is possible to convert and then die, you insignificunt.

Ha, I jsut thought it was sort of oxymoronish. "Born-again christians" don't get born again when it counts.

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-09-15 at 20:26.

Old 2006-09-15, 19:00
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Go and find out yourself at emptywords.org, dick.

will do, i didnt meant to be antagonistic either

i dont ever remember anything about him being a born-again

Old 2006-09-15, 19:51
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

If only Chuck was just "born again".

/sigh

Old 2006-09-15, 22:01
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
If only Chuck was just "born again".

/sigh

He should've picked a different religion, like buddhism or something.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2006-09-16, 00:46
powersofterror
Forum Leader

http://search.ebay.com/anarchist-co...ZQQsofoc usZbs
hahaha, definately not black metal here.....

This is my band's page

Old 2006-09-16, 06:09
amerok
Senior Metalhead

banning sales of black metal stuff - what a fucking load of shit.

Old 2006-09-17, 01:39
travI56669
Supreme Metalhead

This is almost as gay as Problematic.

Old 2006-09-17, 01:48
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerok
banning sales of black metal stuff - what a fucking load of shit.

thanks for that amerok

n00b.

Old 2006-09-17, 01:56
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
thanks for that amerok

n00b.

I think amerok prefers to communicate through sweeping arpeggios, rather than words.

Old 2006-09-17, 02:02
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by travI56669
This is almost as gay as Problematic.

If eBay wanted to be as gay as problematic they would have to be overstock.com
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2006-09-17, 02:06
travI56669
Supreme Metalhead

hahahahaha true.

Old 2006-09-17, 03:51
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
I think amerok prefers to communicate through sweeping arpeggios, rather than words.

Old 2006-09-17, 03:52
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad