MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2003-08-31, 23:03
old_funeral14
New Blood

ideas for my next bass??

i just wanted some ideas for my next bass, im looking at the bc rich warlock bass. Its fucking awesome! i think it was like 339us for a lefty. Is there any basses you know that r like this one, or is that the best i can get

Old 2003-08-31, 23:53
artofnothing6
Supreme Metalhead

i don't know about basses, but the BC rich Warlock guitar has a neck that i hear peels off or something, you might wanna look into that with their basses. I was never too fond of BC Rich's, guitar or bass wise. Try some ibanez's. I have one, i like it alot.

Old 2003-09-25, 03:12
Bassman
New Blood

try fender, or as someone else said ibanez. rockbass by warwick is good yet inexpensive also.

Old 2003-09-25, 12:34
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

BULLshit, rockbasses are pieces of crap. inexpensive, but they don't come close to normal warwicks (which quite frankly aren't THAT great either)

Old 2003-09-28, 17:29
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6
the BC rich Warlock guitar has a neck that i hear peels off or something, you might wanna look into that with their basses.

Ya the neak on the guitar Warlock is crap, but thats for bronze series only, so if you want a bc rich, go with a platinum warlock, it might cost more, but its 60 billion times better than the bronze series.

Old 2003-10-02, 19:12
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Get a spector bass, PANTERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2003-10-02, 19:17
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by tatter3d
Get a spector bass, PANTERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAAAASHHH!!!!!!!!

Old 2003-10-04, 13:17
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

hahahaha, true they are a bit pricey!

Quote:

Old 2004-01-17, 23:18
old_funeral14
New Blood

ya, my friend got a spector for 800$cdn its nice to play but kinda ugly.

Old 2004-01-18, 01:05
HopeAndChaos
Metalhead

Ibanezs are good, or Rogues I own two Rogues, LX200B that is good, and the LX405 which is a 5 string that only costed me like 200 bucks even the LX200B was 150, they are good for the price, they aren't beginner basses but they are good for that too.

Old 2004-01-18, 12:32
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

the only wrong thing bout spectors is, there so chunky and heavy! but i found one for 249 quid, 356 quid, its not bad i might get it.

Quote:

Old 2004-01-19, 01:28
HopeAndChaos
Metalhead

Warlock platinums are good, musiciansfriend.com has one for 429.99, or the Bronze for 199.99, but go Platinum, bronze sucks.

Old 2004-01-22, 22:28
hoffy900
New Blood

dude get a spector they have the sweatest sound and a super fast neck they are awsome

Old 2004-02-02, 16:21
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

I hope I'm not to late. DO NOT BUY! Goods tainted. As an owner of a BC Rich Warlock I can tell you that you don't want to buy it. It's the my second bass, and I didn't know any better, but now that I've got used to it I can tell you it sucks, the reason I got it was because it was much better than my first bass. The main thing that makes it bad, is the horrible lack of balance. While playing you have to hold the neck up with your fretting thumb or else the neck will fall into a lower than horizontal position. This can be extremely frustrating when you're trying to play on the G string and you have to compensate for a weight imbalance at the same time. I'm telling you BC Rich makes guitars that look good, that's all they're good for (well at least Warlock). Also you might have neck alignment problems, making the strings hit the frets sometimes, but that might just be my particular bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofnothing6
i don't know about basses, but the BC rich Warlock guitar has a neck that i hear peels off or something, you might wanna look into that with their basses.

Neck peels off? I don't have a clue what you mean. The neck on mine seems fine other than being a bit out of alignment.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2004-03-15, 20:22
Unlord
New Blood

Cut the crap

Want a cheap metal bass? Forget BC Rich. Only morons go for those basses. Yeah they look "cool" eh? That's about all there is to those basses. Forget Ibanez too. The good basses they make are $1000 and up. Except for the really great ATK series of course. And just maybe the SRX series.

Maybe an ESP is something for you? I wouldn't buy one myself actually. As goes for Washburn. Carvin could be something. I owned one, but sold it though.

Better try a Yamaha RBX774 or 775. Great bass and cheap. I like Fenders myself. Yes, even for metal!

Actually, I don't really like cheap basses anyway. Better get one for $1000. Much more quality and eventually, you'll need one when you're hitting the studio. I'm opting for Esh basses from Germany. A Musicman?

Old 2004-03-16, 10:35
pure_0xygen
New Blood

Yeah ... id go with a spector, or a Warick, or watever you want ...

Old 2004-03-16, 17:58
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlord
Want a cheap metal bass? Forget BC Rich. Only morons go for those basses. Yeah they look "cool" eh? That's about all there is to those basses.
Yeah I know I'm a moron. I know better now.

I'm liking this new guy.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2004-04-19, 01:59
RBV
New Blood

good choice!!

without a dought the bc rich is a good choice, it SCREAMS metal!!!! but i got and ibanez GD somthin and its a really good bass, awsome sound! its a little costly but then again i live in canada and r dollar is shit so...

Old 2004-04-19, 12:15
Sodomaniac
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBV
without a dought the bc rich is a good choice, it SCREAMS metal!!!! but i got and ibanez GD somthin and its a really good bass, awsome sound! its a little costly but then again i live in canada and r dollar is shit so...

I have a Ibanez GSR200 and this is a good bass, too ! Seems like Ibanez guitars are good one.

Old 2004-04-19, 16:23
PathofObscurity
New Blood

Bass

Depends Modolus and Ernie ball music man are good basses not really for metal though. Ibanez 5 strings are good. Get what Alex Webster from cannibal corpse has that songs like a beast(not the model)

Old 2004-05-01, 06:42
Stachio
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofObscurity
Depends Modolus and Ernie ball music man are good basses not really for metal though. Ibanez 5 strings are good. Get what Alex Webster from cannibal corpse has that songs like a beast(not the model)

Alex Webster uses Modulus Q5's. He used a Spector to record the Wretched Spawn.
Modulus can work for metal especially if you go for the EMG's versus the Bartolinis. But they cost about $1200 to $1500 used which isn't really close to the BC Rich you were talking about.
Go for an LTD or a P-bass. There might be some decent used Ibanezes for that price.
The Rogues are cheap for a reason.

Old 2004-05-01, 08:36
Laareppi
Senior Metalhead

Want a great bass? Warwick Streamer Stage II
Only thing is that it costs like 2795 $ ...

Old 2004-05-01, 09:37
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

nah fuck the streamers there to much like spectors if ur gonna get a warwick, get a thumb or a corvette..

Quote:

Old 2004-05-03, 17:31
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatter3d
nah fuck the streamers there to much like spectors if ur gonna get a warwick, get a thumb or a corvette..

I was looking at a Corvette 5 string with active pick ups and was sort of confused. It had 4 knobs instead of five. Usually you have
Volume
Tone
Low
Mid
Treble
And something to switch between pickups

Does this one have no mid? I couldn't figure it out.
Destroy the box.

Old 2004-08-12, 11:12
sarah
New Blood

[QUOTE=Stachio]Alex Webster uses Modulus Q5's. He used a Spector to record the Wretched Spawn.
Modulus can work for metal especially if you go for the EMG's versus the Bartolinis. But they cost about $1200 to $1500 used which isn't really close to the BC Rich you were talking about.
QUOTE]

I do play a Modulus Q4, since 3 or 4 years, and i just can tell you that I'm still veryvery happy with it!!!!yes of course it's not as inexpensive as another but the quality and sound is great!
I'm in a metalband, but this bass goes for everything I'm playing funk, jazz, rock.......

Old 2004-08-12, 15:45
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

I'd check out the Ibanez BTB series they are great. The new ones have a normal 34" scale, the other models have a 35" one, and the bridge on them is pretty unique you'd have to see it to know what I mean. But if you have small hands they aren't for you due to the wide spacing. Mine is great I have the BTB405QM.

The bc rich's balance problem is due to where the strap is located just relocate it on the tip like every other guitar, it's easy, if you dare to work with wood and a drill that is.

Old 2004-08-13, 13:30
westsiderrider
New Blood

Talking Basses

Dont get a bc rich dude, yes they look cool and yes they 'scream' metal but they arnt worth the cash. youd be better saving the cash and getting a beter bass. i have many a bass. i personally can say that the esp F series are great. wether its a four or five (i play 5) they are good basses and worth the cash. if u want to try something different then make your own custon.

i recently made my own bass. its a spector body/electronics a fretless modulus neck and EMG extended pickups. the other little bits are basic.

but ye spend that little bit mor and get a much better bass

Old 2004-08-13, 16:51
Sodomaniac
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE
I'd check out the Ibanez BTB series they are great. The new ones have a normal 34" scale, the other models have a 35" one, and the bridge on them is pretty unique you'd have to see it to know what I mean. But if you have small hands they aren't for you due to the wide spacing. Mine is great I have the BTB405QM.

yes I have a Ibanez GSR, they are great too.