MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2012-02-06, 17:24
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Cannibal Corpse - Torture

Death-metal legends Cannibal Corpse are releasing their 12th album, Torture (how motherfuckin evil is that? I mean just one simple word and you know what you can expect, I mean other bands would look like total pussy-whimps with an album title with only one word but motherfuckin CC kills EVERYTHING!), on March 13.

Check out :

Scourge Of Iron (New track, released today)

and

Demented Aggression

and

Studio Diary

R.I.P moe

Old 2012-02-21, 06:44
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I was very pleased to see this linked to one of the vids. It was so bizarre I had to watch it again to make sure I saw what I thought I had seen.

I really dig the first song released and have high hopes for this album overall.

Old 2012-02-21, 16:49
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I was very pleased to see this linked to one of the vids. It was so bizarre I had to watch it again to make sure I saw what I thought I had seen.

I really dig the first song released and have high hopes for this album overall.

Hahaha! That's hilarious.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-02-22, 18:18
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Chris, you win for having that avatar.

Old 2012-03-06, 17:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-03-07, 05:53
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Yeah not that cool, but in this track you can actually hear how awesomesauce Webster is.

R.I.P moe

Old 2012-03-07, 19:58
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Chris, you win for having that avatar.

You, sir, have won simply by appreciating the genius that is Charlie Kelly.

Old 2012-03-10, 09:55
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

The album was released in Europe yesterday and I literally ran to my local record store (my bike was stolen, shop closes at 7pm and it already was 6.30 pm, 3km of running only for DeathMetal!). I got myself the digibook with 3 bonus tracks. Gonna lose a few words on every song. Which has to be said is that O'Brien, Webster, Mazurkiewicz and Barret wrote extremely awesome riffs for this album, seriously the guitar and bass work on this album is easily one of the best I've heard of them.

1. Demented Aggression
No words needed we all know the track. Its thrashy beat is really what makes the song awesome.

2. Sarcophagic Frenzy
Nothing special here, the riff during the verses is pretty cool though. Solid CC track could've been on every other album since Wretched Spawn

3. Scourge of Iron
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCK it's brutal as fuck. Slow, smashing, really awesome minimalistic riffs, solid double bass and George growling the fuck out of his throat. I think he did his job on this album pretty solid aswell. Definitely one of my favourites on this album.

4. Encased in Concrete
The weakest song on the album imo. Nothing special which is pretty sad because the songtitle for itself is pretty cool.

5. As Deep As the Knife Will Go
BOOM! Seriously this is awesome, intro reminds of Scalding Hail, really fast blasting afterwards with only some verse lines. But than the chorus is coming. This has to be one of the coolest riffs CC ever wrote, goes straight into your ear and will be stuck there for at least a couple hours. This song must be hell live. Favourited.

6. Intestinal Crank
Creeping intro riff and slow drums, going straight into double bass and a cool verse riff. The mid part turns down the tempo again which is pretty awesome but again nothing really special here.

7. Followed Home Then Killed
My first thought when I was reading the song title was, this has to be something special and how right I was.
Introriff with clean guitars? Premiere for CC? I don't know but than hell starts, what a motherfuckin badass riff they wrote holy shit. George screaming FOLLOWED HOME THEN KILLED and right before the solo starts (which I actually thought is pretty cool even though I often don't like solos) and you can hear some clean guitars again. This is sooo evil and awesome. Also one of my favourites.

8. The Strangulation Chair
Yup. Awesome. I'm really in love with it.

9. Caged...Contorted
Cool intro riff but I could write the same here as for Encased in Concrete

10. Crucifier Avenged
Deicide anyone? Right after the intro riff and verse1 George gives us an UH! and then Deicide, no seriously if this riff and flow doesn't remind you of Dead by Dawn you should really hear through your collection again. Chorus goes straight into your ear, can't tell if Rutan or Fisher himself did the additional vocals on the chorus but still it's pretty awesome.

11. Rabid
Uhm yeah nobody would notice if this song wouldn't have been added to the album. Nothing special...again

12. Torn Through
Blaaaaastbeats wooohooo. Slow tempo, something with "Killing Sprees!!! KILLING SPREE! IN FOR THE KILL!". Perfect for closing the album. Solid Cannibal Corpse track, some serious death metal going on here fellaws. I really love the line "In hell I will kill you again", a definition of Cannibal Corpse.

The 3 bonus tracks are live tracks (Death Walking Terror, Make Them Suffer, Disfigured(!) ) so no words needed here.

So we have 5 mediocre tracks and 7 awesome-as-fuck-holy-shit-mother-of-epicness-tracks so I'd give the album a 8.5/10.

If you're undecided wether to buy it or not listen to:

Scourge of Iron(!!!!!!)
http://www.revolvermag.com/news/can...ge-of-iron.html

As Deep As the Knife Will Go (!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7M943XaDDE

Followed Home Then Killed (!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEMp1xCXso

R.I.P moe

Old 2012-03-12, 00:28
Dystopia
Post-whore

Pretty cool. You put a lot of work into that review.

Old 2012-03-12, 11:47
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I liked it on the first listen (Thursday) and I meant to give it a couple more spins over the weekend and never got around to it. I'm listening to it right now to make up for things.

The first song is undeniably good. I'm listening to it right now and have heard it enough times with the previews to know for sure.