MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2011-08-02, 17:30
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Yep, that's how it used to be here, too. Spotify are putting the hard yards in now (i.e. free memebrship with adverts roughley every 4 or 5 songs) by building a barrier that is designed to stop you leaving for a rival product.

This barrier is the accumulation of songs in your library and creation of playlists. Say you have 50,000 songs in your library, you would have to add all of them to your new library in a new product should you leave Spotify when they eventually introduce the subscription fee. Nobody can be fucked spending that much time doing that all over again, right? So you end up paying the subscription fee. Very clever marketing on Spotify's part.

I'd skip the elaborate marketing strategy foreplay and jump straight in with Napster. I pay £5 per month for unlimited streaming to my PC of about 8 million songs (Napster has a much larger selection than Spotify, by about 2 million last time I checked). I believe Spotify are charging £10 per month for streaming on any supported device.

I can upgrade to £15 per month to get the streaming through my iPhone, but I rarely get a consistent stream from internet radio stations even when I have full wifi available so it's not something I will be considering until this is resolved.

The crux is that you'll pay twice as much with Spotify for the same service as Napster and fewer songs than Napster.

I also prefer Napster's user interface; Spotify seems harder to navigate.

For mobile you have to pay the $10 fee, but for no advertisements and unlimited streaming it is only $5. I could deal with a $5 fee for what I'm getting. Roughly 10,000 songs are added per day to Spotify so I'm not too worried about the selection. Napster sounds great, too. However, I'm a HIP MUTHA FUCKA... and out of the loop so now that Spotify came along I'm using it.

Oh btw Spotify has over 15 million songs

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2011-08-02 at 17:34.

Old 2011-08-02, 19:46
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
So far it seems pretty cool. I was so beat yesterday from the flight over that I pretty much checked into my room, ate some food and went to sleep. Was a couple hours from VA to Dallas, then sat there for 1.5 hours before a 13 hour flight from TX to Tokyo. Then sat there for 1.5 hours until I could catch a shuttle to the base. I left at 6:30am on Sunday and arrived here at a about 1:30pm on Monday (time zones and international dateline).

Not sure about the woman thing, been talking to an ex for the last few months before I left and we talk all the time. We saw each other a few times before I left (she lives in a different state than I did). So I'm hoping something comes out of that. I told her I'd pay to fly her out here but I don't think that's gonna happen. We'll see I guess.

Damn! Jet lag is a bitch. I don't do great adjusting to time zones like I used to.

Must be some broad if you're willing to fly her out. Think this time the movie will end differently? Regardless, I hear those Soap Lands are awesome!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-08-02, 20:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I was getting scared remembering the Chiefs I knew. lol I hope things work out with the ex if it's meant to be. Even if she can't or won't go over there a lot of long distance relationships work out. And don't fall for any of that typical Navy crap about relationships. It will be what it will be where ever. Stay safe and thanks again.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!