MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat


 
 
Old 2011-05-22, 06:31
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
What are you on about? Didn't you hear the trumpet blasts and get whisked to the clouds in a beam of light? Shit, man, I think someone just screwed up royally.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-22, 08:20
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
World ending? again? booooooooooring

Edit: on a different note I can help :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5PiXt6INSM
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-22, 08:59
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Now that's hell.

Everyone was at church today so I wasn't too worried. We did have a different minister though.... hmmm, maybe? No, that was planned in advance. They swapped churches for the Sunday, but maybe that was a ploy....... anyways, I prayed for all you little heatherns.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-22, 10:04
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Now that's hell.

Everyone was at church today so I wasn't too worried. We did have a different minister though.... hmmm, maybe? No, that was planned in advance. They swapped churches for the Sunday, but maybe that was a ploy....... anyways, I prayed for all you little heatherns.


http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/....jpg?1305303797
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


 
Old 2011-05-22, 10:10
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
They swapped churches for the Sunday...
Did all of the minsters stand in a circle and chuck their church keys into a bowl in the middle of the room?
 
Old 2011-05-22, 11:44
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Hm. My mental image was of a small horde of ministers running about across the Ohioan landscape, lugging churches like crazy well into the early Sunday morning hours.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-22, 12:31
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Ahahaha! Paddy did that, along with the entire album it links to. Alien McGreenface is an incredible composer.
GREENFACE MCALIENHEAD If Arvo Part had written it you'd have remembered it, ya CUNT.

Also known as Ufomofo to his friends, i.e. not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Hm. My mental image was of a small horde of ministers running about across the Ohioan landscape, lugging churches like crazy well into the early Sunday morning hours.
Hahahahahaha much better, and much more Ohioan.
 
Old 2011-05-22, 18:03
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
lol You guys are too funny. Hey, my minister flipped pizzas at the alter during one of his sermons. Unfortunately I missed that service, but he used to be a manager for one of the big pizza chains before he became a pastor so we have pizza parties occasionally with the youth.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-22, 18:52
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Get 'em while they're young!
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-23, 01:21
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
I can't listen to early Cryptopsy, including None So Vile, without thinking it's just Brutal Truth with great solos. Still, None So Vile is a good album, it's just not as good as Whisper Supremacy or And Then You'll Beg. Once Was Not was average and the less said about their most recent opus, the better.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
 
Old 2011-05-23, 09:05
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Just discovered Dimmu Borgir doing a cover of Perfect Strangers. Hot damn sam. It's awesome.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-23, 12:31
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Get 'em while they're young!


I always thought LB isn't catholic
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-23, 14:21
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
I'm not. I think he's referring to my remark about the pizza parties for the youth I mentioned.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-23, 14:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
He was implying that only Catholics "get 'em while they're young", which is an utterly offensive and ignorant thing to say. The Irish have been fucking children long before the Catholic church got their hooks into us. Credit where credit's due, ya German fuck.
 
Old 2011-05-23, 15:13
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Now I'm very curious as to how one would be received if one were to walk through central Dublin with "Fucking children is wrong" on a placard.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-23, 15:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Probably similar to the reaction you'd get walking through Stockholm with a sign saying "Turnips, putrid fish and inferior quality furniture are not welcome and should probably maybe think about leaving, although nothing will actually happen to them if they don't because we're too pussy to pick up a rifle".
 
Old 2011-05-23, 15:42
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I can't listen to early Cryptopsy, including None So Vile, without thinking it's just Brutal Truth with great solos. Still, None So Vile is a good album, it's just not as good as Whisper Supremacy or And Then You'll Beg. Once Was Not was average and the less said about their most recent opus, the better.

Sadface. All are great albums but I really do adore None So Vile. Blasphemy Made Flesh can suck my flesh, though, for the most part.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-23, 16:25
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
I'm with Dyldo, NSV is the one. Actually, come to think of it, you were the one bringing it up once so that I actually got the album in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Probably similar to the reaction you'd get walking through Stockholm with a sign saying "Turnips, putrid fish and inferior quality furniture are not welcome and should probably maybe think about leaving, although nothing will actually happen to them if they don't because we're too pussy to pick up a rifle".


Well, say what you like. In my view reading incomprehension becomes a lot less embarrassing when it involves a two line sentence of fairly complex structure in a foreign language, compared to a basic three word injunction in your own.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-23, 23:27
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
None So Vile.


My favourite part is where Worm says: WWWWUBABBABABBABBAAHAAHNMNAMNAMAOOBOOBSOOHHHSHREEEEEEEEK

I'm gonna see the new Cryptopsy live this year. Actually I'm not that proud about that
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-24, 04:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Well, say what you like. In my view reading incomprehension becomes a lot less embarrassing when it involves a two line sentence of fairly complex structure in a foreign language, compared to a basic three word injunction in your own.
I love you.
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:28
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Oh, you say that to all the boys.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
NOT EVEN. It was just one, and he left me anyway, but not before I fingered his urethra.
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:38
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Yeah, your milkshake brings all the ladyboys to da yard.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Nah, their milkshake brings me to my knees with my mouth open so wide I can taste my own cock and asshole simultaneously.
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:42
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
You're just plain offensively gross.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:51
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
You're just plain.

OOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT A BITCH I AM!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:56
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
B is for the bloodstains on your sidewalk
I is for the icky way you make the neighbors feel
T is for the trash you post almost daily
C is for the curry farts you subject your family to
H is for hahahahahahaha, your face!
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 06:58
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Yup, sure are.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 09:52
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Nailed him. Justice has been deserved!
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2011-05-24, 13:17
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Nailed him sounds so icky.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-25, 11:58
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Just booked tickets for a show with Motörhead here in Luleå. Wow.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-25, 12:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Just booked tickets for a show with Motörhead here in Luleå. Wow.
Wow indeed - why the fuck does that "a" have a halo? DID A DIE???? How will I spell cabbage now??
 
Old 2011-05-25, 13:16
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Äh, you're just being silly. I mean, åh goodness, why would you morn the passing of A? Öh, like, y'know, damn silly letter anyway.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-25, 14:21
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
I dön't ßee whêrè hî pröblém iß
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-25, 14:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Keep your flibberty jibberty speak to yourselves, this is a racially pure forum and we only cater to one race - Earthlings.
 
Old 2011-05-25, 14:46
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
☼◄Ü‼40Ωa─°!•
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-25, 15:57
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Hey, Gomli, didn't you remove ß from official use a few years ago? Just curious, seem to recall something about that during the last year of German class.

And I'm still on for Motörhead for December. F-ing A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
☼◄Ü‼40Ωa─°!•


Hey man, I know he's Irish and all, but that was just fucking harsh.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Last edited by Amadeus : 2011-05-25 at 16:00.
 
Old 2011-05-25, 23:31
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Hey, Gomli, didn't you remove ß from official use a few years ago? Just curious, seem to recall something about that during the last year of German class.

Somehow yeah but there seem to be some words which are still written with it. The german grammatical rules are just ridiculous

Are you playing as a support for Motörhead? That'd be sick
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-26, 01:50
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Haha, I wish. Nah, apart from not being nearly skilled enough to be a contender at that level, I don't even have a real band.

Yeah, German grammar is pretty fun. But y'know, all languages have their quirks. Like one of my Swedish favorite:
Själ = Soul
Stjäl = Steal
Skäl = Reason

...and all are pronounced exactly the same. Or:
Gift = Married
Gift = Poison
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-26, 04:44
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Aren't married and poison the same thing? j/k
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-26, 15:40
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Gift = Poison

Same here. That's why all those douchebags here laugh their asses off when you tell them you went to the gift shop. assholes
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-26, 15:41
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Haha, I wish. Nah, apart from not being nearly skilled enough to be a contender at that level, I don't even have a real band.

Yeah, German grammar is pretty fun. But y'know, all languages have their quirks. Like one of my Swedish favorite:
Själ = Soul
Stjäl = Steal
Skäl = Reason

...and all are pronounced exactly the same. Or:
Gift = Married
Gift = Poison


Isn't Skäl also "Cheers"? Or is that just Norway and Iceland?
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-26, 16:42
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Isn't that Skol? Or is that chewing tobacco?
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-26, 17:16
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
That is tobacco.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-26, 22:26
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Well, as far as Swedish is concerned you're both way off track at the moment.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-27, 04:41
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
The only "cheer" I barely remember is one my father-in-law used to said that was supposed to be Lithuanian. Pronounced something like- Did lus tic lus uns ficada. Which was supposed to mean - a short shot, a cold, beer, and you're buying the next round. I never met anyone Lithuanian to see if that was anything close to what that was.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-27, 05:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
SLAINTE!
 
Old 2011-05-27, 05:49
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
And how do you say that without an accent?
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-27, 06:12
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
An historic day for Ireland; a black guy allowed to stand at the bar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nYTEqejXFE

The turnip-faced Micks shout slainte a few times.
 
Old 2011-05-27, 06:33
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Which is kinda ironic, as I can't possibly see how the concept of health in any way relates to even the concept of Ireland.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-27, 13:00
Wolfsherz
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Okay normally wouldn't be so bitchy about it but anyone feel like checking out some of my pop-material?

Wouldn't be assed about it this much normally but since I'm not really comfortable in this field I'm kinda anxious for opinions 'n shit.

Peace
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 1.gp5 (40.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: gp5 3.gp5 (32.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: gp5 2.gp5 (33.9 KB, 6 views)
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
 
Old 2011-05-27, 13:42
JoeYngVai's Avatar
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I live in a giant bucket.
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
An historic day for Ireland; a black guy allowed to stand at the bar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nYTEqejXFE

The turnip-faced Micks shout slainte a few times.


Reading Amadeus's response makes me think that means "to your health" or something like that? Why weren't you there to celebrate with the prez, Paddy??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
The bottom of that 'Don't Click' picture is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. 'No, I really DO have a vagina! It's right here!'


Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!


R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
 
Old 2011-05-27, 13:45
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
The literal translation is "health"; though I wouldn't be surprised if it'd been twisted into "Gobble up all ye frecklies!" in modern Iri-lingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
Okay normally wouldn't be so bitchy about it but anyone feel like checking out some of my pop-material?

Wouldn't be assed about it this much normally but since I'm not really comfortable in this field I'm kinda anxious for opinions 'n shit.

Peace


Would love to give an opinion, but I don't have GP.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-27, 14:46
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
I ain't got none GP neither.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-27, 15:03
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Isn't that Skol? Or is that chewing tobacco?

That's Snüs. Kills your pancreas faster then you could say chewbaccabaclavah
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-27, 15:52
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
That's Snüs. Kills your pancreas faster then you could say chewbaccabaclavah

Nah, she means Skoal, which I hate. I actually like snus, snuff being my favorite of smoking tobacco.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-05-27 at 16:26.
 
Old 2011-05-27, 16:00
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Haha, sheit, I didn't know anyone even knew about snus outside our borders.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-27, 17:56
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
It's made its rounds around the States now, definitely. Billboards and TV ads, if I'm not mistaken.

I tried some dip once just out of curiosity and it wasn't bad at all. One of my friends needed the shit to play baseball. Big League Chew is surprisingly popular among adults who play baseball (professionals and amateurs) as an alternative to chewing tobacco. You generally think of it as being a kid thing, but I've never seen a kid buying Groundball Grape before.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2011-05-27, 18:13
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Maybe it's the state law here, but we have no smoking or smokeless tobacco ads here so no billboards. I'd never heard of that kind. Skoal was what I was thinking of.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-27, 19:20
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Yeah no ads here, either. I was reading an old magazine from '95 the other day and saw an add for smokes. It was strange!

I first had snus in Norway and the commercially available snus here doesn't even compare in strength.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
 
Old 2011-05-30, 05:35
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Happy Memorial Day to all you little monsters. Wherever you are, remember someone from your past that accounts for your freedom to post on such silly places such as the green screen. And thanks to those who have served or are still serving that are here.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-30, 06:02
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
Thanks for fighting wars you barely understood because someone told you it was your responsiblity.

Fighting Asian communism and slaughtering more civilians than insurgents has nothing to do with freedom to post and discuss metal tablature. If I am not mistaken there is still Asian communism, but we're just not hiding under desks at lunch time drills.

Thanks for turning the US in a multiculturalist, unrestrained pissing ground of immigration, crime, disease and the complete and total prohibition of any sense of nationalism and racial understanding.

Thanks for ruining Europe and helping Josef Stalin strangle Eastern Europe and plant seeds for the mafia and oil oligarchs to take over after his team finished up.

Thanks for detonating the only two nuclear weapons in history on civilian populations in Japan, and then have the audacity to cry about an "unprovoked" bombing of an island in the middle of the Japanese empire.

Thanks for completely destabilizing the middle east backed by a zionist media campaign and feeding the hysteria of misinformation in the name of securing oil.

Slaves shall serve.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-05-30, 06:47
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
I think you lost credibility with your first statement. I haven't talked to anyone who joined for that reason. It really sounds like someone peed in your oatmeal.

As for your last statement - bull crap.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-30, 07:17
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
That's a very thoughtful analysis.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-05-30, 07:34
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Slaves shall serve.
Ahh yes, remember the good old days?
 
Old 2011-05-30, 09:25
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
That's a very thoughtful analysis.

Thank you.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
 
Old 2011-05-30, 09:52
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Thanks for fighting wars you barely understood because someone told you it was your responsiblity.

Fighting Asian communism and slaughtering more civilians than insurgents has nothing to do with freedom to post and discuss metal tablature. If I am not mistaken there is still Asian communism, but we're just not hiding under desks at lunch time drills.

Thanks for turning the US in a multiculturalist, unrestrained pissing ground of immigration, crime, disease and the complete and total prohibition of any sense of nationalism and racial understanding.

Thanks for ruining Europe and helping Josef Stalin strangle Eastern Europe and plant seeds for the mafia and oil oligarchs to take over after his team finished up.

Thanks for detonating the only two nuclear weapons in history on civilian populations in Japan, and then have the audacity to cry about an "unprovoked" bombing of an island in the middle of the Japanese empire.

Thanks for completely destabilizing the middle east backed by a zionist media campaign and feeding the hysteria of misinformation in the name of securing oil.

Slaves shall serve.

I used to be very pessimistic also. I'm still glad I'm living in the U.S and not some bumfuck place like China. I'd still pick this over most places in Europe too.
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


 
Old 2011-05-30, 10:40
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Thanks for fighting wars you barely understood because someone told you it was your responsiblity.

Fighting Asian communism and slaughtering more civilians than insurgents has nothing to do with freedom to post and discuss metal tablature. If I am not mistaken there is still Asian communism, but we're just not hiding under desks at lunch time drills.

Thanks for turning the US in a multiculturalist, unrestrained pissing ground of immigration, crime, disease and the complete and total prohibition of any sense of nationalism and racial understanding.

Thanks for ruining Europe and helping Josef Stalin strangle Eastern Europe and plant seeds for the mafia and oil oligarchs to take over after his team finished up.

Thanks for detonating the only two nuclear weapons in history on civilian populations in Japan, and then have the audacity to cry about an "unprovoked" bombing of an island in the middle of the Japanese empire.

Thanks for completely destabilizing the middle east backed by a zionist media campaign and feeding the hysteria of misinformation in the name of securing oil.

Slaves shall serve.

Thank you Finally someone that shares my view on the US even though I can't sign the point with Stalin
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-30, 11:09
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,542
I know this isn't the right place to post this, but check out my band's song dudes. I do vocals

http://soundcloud.com/nameless-fear...g-non-existence
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


 
Old 2011-05-30, 11:25
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Don't care much for the mixing, but fix that up and I think you've got something going for ya right there.
Oh, and 1:50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Thank you Finally someone that shares my view on the US even though I can't sign the point with Stalin


Ah, one-sided hate of the US, the first beer and existential ruminations.
Sorry.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-30, 13:15
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Thanks for turning the US in a multiculturalist, unrestrained pissing ground of immigration, crime, disease and the complete and total prohibition of any sense of nationalism and racial understanding.


You'd make an excellent eugenist. Ever read Mein Kampf?
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2011-05-30, 13:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
You'd make an excellent eugenist. Ever read Mein Kampf?
Nah but I imagine he's read The Protocols of the Elders of Zion without irony.
 
Old 2011-05-30, 16:05
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Ah, one-sided hate of the US, the first beer and existential ruminations.
Sorry.

You forgot the ice cream in that
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-30, 16:06
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Don't care much for the mixing, but fix that up and I think you've got something going for ya right there.
Oh, and 1:50?



Ah, one-sided hate of the US, the first beer and existential ruminations.
Sorry.


It is low quality, total budget was $40 and maybe 6 hours total. I don't know why he put in the Wilheim scream.
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


 
Old 2011-05-30, 17:25
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Life's a bitch. It does kill the song a bit, but I'd very much like to hear it if you get the possibility to do a more HQ version. It's a bit of a balancing issue too; the vocals often feel like something plastered on top rather than part of the song, to me anyway.
That said, I actually liked it; some cool riffing in there.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-31, 01:23
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
"Slaves Shall Serve" is my favourite Behemoth song.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
 
Old 2011-05-31, 05:51
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
"Slaves Shall Serve" is my favourite Behemoth song.

WHOAH don't talk about behemoth when Wolf is around
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-05-31, 09:17
blitz906's Avatar
blitz906
Okay.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Haha, sheit, I didn't know anyone even knew about snus outside our borders.

I've heard of snus, but I haven't had the chance to try it because I've never seen it in the tobacconist's. I have tried 'dip' which is okay, if you enjoy the sensation of damp coffee grounds stuck in your gums. I prefer whole leaf chewing tobacco, like this, which is basically strips of cured tobacco leaves coated in molasses and honey.

I usually only use that in the summer, because smoking cigarettes when it is hot outside makes me feel sick for some reason
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Chances are there have been Irish in every corner of the world, no matter how remote. Our semen is listed in the World Health Organisation's Big Book of Pestilential Materials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
 
Old 2011-05-31, 10:04
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
For no particular, but still probably fairly sadistic, reason I felt like knowing where Gomli will be. Forever.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-05-31, 13:04
Wolfsherz
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
"Slaves Shall Serve" is my favourite Behemoth song.




AHIUGHHLGEAHKJLEAOPIIZKAOLUEL UAJFAFZAKFLHAHAHAHHFAZHF



On a related note, started listening to Thelema .6 again some time ago. Oooooooh man do I still think it's their best album (fuckdemigodfuckdemigodfuckdemigodfuckdemigodfuckdemigodfuckpeoplewholikedemigod), such youthful and adventurous songs on that one. Still gets to me every time and I actually think that was my first metal-album ever.
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
 
Old 2011-05-31, 14:24
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
Why do you hate Demigod so much? I like all Behemoth, it's all different.

Does that mean you don't like Evangelion either? They are not that different of albums.

I don't understand how anyone can dislike Ov Fire and the Void, it's an incredible track and a great video.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-05-31, 14:35
Wolfsherz
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Demigod blends all together and it's waaaay too much "Hey Nile can we be fwieeeends?". Example: try to recap a riff from a song on Demigod that WASN'T a single. See? Difficult ain't it? (sculpting the throne oFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Seth doesn't count, that track's still quite good actually)

Apostasy I kinda digged actually. Actually had some quality tracks on them with GOOD leads but also the Demigod-like crap dumb songs (no offence to anyone liking those) (okay maybe a little) like Prometherion (what the shit) and Christgrinding Avenue. But for example Arcana Hereticae (brrrilliant lead in the middle) and Inner Sanctum.

Evangelion wasn't my cup of tea. A bit too bland and most tracks kind of plodded along I thought. Lucifer is a badass end track though.

For me, Thelema.6 can't be topped, them LEADS (think Havok's leads are wayyyyy better than that fatheaded guy - no offence he really is kinda fatheaded - just check Havok's end solo on Chant for Ezkaton - the fathead doesn't even lead on the end of that shit! - on the Crush Fuck Create DVD), brilliant riffs, great lyrics okay FUCK THE LYRICS since Demigod on.

Older Behemoth had some nice lyrics, nothing too brilliant but great creation of image, nice flow. Now it's just HEY I GOOGLED THESE SUMERIAN GODS OR SOMETHING AND NOW I'MA SHOW YOU HOW MUCH OF THEM I KNOW BY NAMEDROPPING THEM RANDOMLY IN SONGS AND USING "OV" ALOT I'M SO SMART.

So yeah, Thelema.6 all the way, and Satanica (even though it had lots of filler). Oh and Pandemonic Incantations! Although wayyyyyyy too much filler riffs but the one that aren't filler hoooo boy are they a headbutt, the Past is like a Funeral for example hohoooo shiiiiiiit.

Also none of this is inspired by "yeah the demo was better and everything that sold less than 1000 copies"-attitude, I've no intrest in that irrelevant bullshit. I mean I listen to Franz Ferdinand and Michael Jackson.

Oh and Zos Kia Cultus has some great tracks too even though the Prometherion-dumbsongs kind of started there (no sympathy for fools)
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
 
Old 2011-05-31, 14:54
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
I can't relate to a lot of what you are saying, and I can't believe you are referring to Nergal as "that fatheaded guy." I have to admit I was laughing as I quoted that.

hahahahahahahahaha

But seriously, Behemoth basically is Nergal from a concept standpoint.

I will admit that from a lyrics standpoint it is a little all over the place if you are familiar with the ideas and references. It doesn't sound like you have much interest or respect for esotericism, which I think is the more interesting parts of the albums thematically.

Most of the material you are referring was made way before "google" where people who were interested in these things actually read books. If that's not your thing, fine but I would caution against insulting their intelligence - Nergal is a very smart and nice guy.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-05-31, 15:09
Wolfsherz
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
I can't relate to a lot of what you are saying, and I can't believe you are referring to Nergal as "that fatheaded guy." I have to admit I was laughing as I quoted that.

hahahahahahahahaha

But seriously, Behemoth basically is Nergal from a concept standpoint.

I will admit that from a lyrics standpoint it is a little all over the place if you are familiar with the ideas and references. It doesn't sound like you have much interest or respect for esotericism, which I think is the more interesting parts of the albums thematically.

Most of the material you are referring was made way before "google" where people who were interested in these things actually read books. If that's not your thing, fine but I would caution against insulting their intelligence - Nergal is a very smart and nice guy.


I have a very, very large and active intrest in esotericism. Unfortunately, namedropping is anything but. It's cheapening it. And I know very well what subjects they're on believe you me.

Also with fatheaded guy I meant the other guy.
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
 
Old 2011-05-31, 19:51
Pr0az's Avatar
Pr0az
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Thanks for fighting wars you barely understood because someone told you it was your responsiblity.

Slaves shall serve.


Blame the government for that not the people fighting. Read up on some psychology articles about people in power, and you'll see the deal. It's not just the United States either.

I'll be number one to voice that half our population has very ardent views based on their own he said she said beliefs without the slightest bit of proof to justify any of it. However, the guys out there risking their life, I can't down them most of them are doing a "job" to put bread on the table for the family back home. The United States isn't filled with that old "American Dream" for some people.
__________________
“Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends.” ~Rusty Cooley
 
Old 2011-06-01, 02:03
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
Behemoth

Do me a favour and take some time to look at the Evangelia Heretica DVD. srsly I nearly cried when I saw they've played Wolves Guard My Coffin and some more older shit like Pan Satyros. The thing is Behemoth are live like 10000000000000000000000 times better then ovv record. word.

EDIT: AHHH YEAH AND I TOTALLY UPLOADED A VID ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE I'M PLAYING THE NEGATION SO PLEASE WATCH IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT MKAY? I WROTE EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:03
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Blame the government for that not the people fighting. Read up on some psychology articles about people in power, and you'll see the deal. It's not just the United States either.

I'll be number one to voice that half our population has very ardent views based on their own he said she said beliefs without the slightest bit of proof to justify any of it. However, the guys out there risking their life, I can't down them most of them are doing a "job" to put bread on the table for the family back home. The United States isn't filled with that old "American Dream" for some people.


Weak excuse. Find a different job or learn to do something society cares about and assigns value toward instead of being a blind pawn with a weapon in someone else's backyard, advancing ZOG agendas.

The only thing worse than foreigners in other people's countries, are foreigners with guns.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:06
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
The only thing worse than foreigners in other people's countries, are foreigners with guns.
Kinda ironic for a white supremacist Californian to say that to a Native American.
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:07
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,542
I foresee massive walls of texts in this thread's future.
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:07
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Don't worry, I currently can't be arsed
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:08
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Weak excuse. Find a different job or learn to do something society cares about and assigns value toward instead of being a blind pawn with a weapon in someone else's backyard, advancing ZOG agendas.

The only thing worse than foreigners in other people's countries, are foreigners with guns.


Because obviously the most important thing in the world is where a particular female happened to be on a particular piece of rock around a particular ordinary star at the time of her offspring's conception and/or birth. Oooh, foreigners, scary.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:09
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
That's easy for you to say, ya handsome blonde Aryan cunt ya.
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:13
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Everything's easy when you're a member of the master race.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-06-01, 09:55
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
I see the floodgates to presumption are wide open. Let's clarify a few points:

I am not a white supremacist.
Aryan does not equal "blonde hair and blue eyes" - this is a phenotype that was identified as embodying characteristics unique to Nordid Indo-Europeans by racial theorists in the 20th century and has totally been used out of context at every opportunity. Aryan loosely refers to descendents of Indo-European tribes that migrated from Eurasian Steppes thousands of years ago. About 10 countries to this day can claim closest descent, and I would say about 30 can claim a more distant relation.

Secondly, a native american should understand above all others the resentment felt for a foreign body that invades your soil and tells you what to do, where to live and how to create your society.

Amadeus, as for your "scary" depiction of foreigners - keep in mind that certain people watch a massive demographic shift in their neighborhoods, states, and countries from foreigners who come there with no love of the nation in their hearts and no intention of respecting the tradition or heritage there. This reaches far and wide outside America, and relates to any nation from Asia to Europe.
It's probably easy for you dismiss it because you haven't experienced it or don't really respect it in the first place.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-06-01, 10:16
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
How did this discussion turned from "FUCK THE US" to "foreigners in other countries"?
Anyway I guess we all know what went wrong in America and the other places in the world. My question is:
Were all those wars and political fights based on protecting "the own country" from another culture?
In my opinion the answer is yes. I still don't get how man can say that they are the highest form of evolution when such primitive instincts like protecting their area is still so bound to the human mind. Or is it really all about the economic factor of borders? I don't care where I live as long as I can live how I want. I don't feel bound to Germany because it was a coincidence I was born here so why should I even be proud of this piece of shit.
Proudness is a feeling that only appears in my heart when -->I<-- did something good and not if some soldiers kill in the name of a land (area).
Excuse: I'd be better at explaining my point of view on a topic if my english would be better, you know my political vocabulary pool is still pretty small
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
 
Old 2011-06-01, 10:32
SoarAndEnvision's Avatar
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 88
The discussion chain was praise of US Military -> my opinion of the history of the US military -> defense of US Military for lack of better employment opportunities -> identification of US Military overseas for what it is, armed foreign body -> parallel to foreigners otherwise hostile to cultural fabric of society. All related points.

The majority, arguably all US and NATO intervened wars had nothing to do with protection of any borders, area or people. If this were the case the US would intervene in the Congo. This was mainly the pretext that gave otherwise clueless parents a poor answer to their children when they asked "why are we fighting the _____s ?"

It can also be argued that US involvement in other nations had led to a net increase in casualty.
Vietnam is frequently referred to in Russia and other countries as "American Holocaust" which is a much more fitting use of that word, since death by fire (the actual meaning of that word) is what occurred there.
Vietnam was completely politically based and a proxy for war with Russia - over what? Over the US deciding that other nations should not be allowed to live under Communism and deciding that was oppression.

I am the furthest thing from a Communist, but I think a child could see the hypocrisy here.

Gomli if you do not have a particularly strong link with your heritage that is your decision. I also do not really see the glory in conquest. I simply wish to live in peace and also perserve my heritage.

This is not in the interests of NATO.
__________________
І що орел, коли його орлина зграя
Не рве з землі в блакить ясного дня,
І що за лицар ти з усмішкою льокая,
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?
 
Old 2011-06-01, 11:09
Wolfsherz
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Do me a favour and take some time to look at the Evangelia Heretica DVD. srsly I nearly cried when I saw they've played Wolves Guard My Coffin and some more older shit like Pan Satyros. The thing is Behemoth are live like 10000000000000000000000 times better then ovv record. word.

EDIT: AHHH YEAH AND I TOTALLY UPLOADED A VID ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE I'M PLAYING THE NEGATION SO PLEASE WATCH IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT MKAY? I WROTE EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!



YES saw the Pan Satyros clip. Too bad that was about all of Thelema though. Wasn't too much in their pre-Pandemonic Incantations era shit (though Grom is still quite badass) but Wolves Guard My Coffin sounds badass on that DVD. And aight will check IF YOU CHECK THE FUCING POPSONGS
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
 
Old 2011-06-01, 14:17
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
The only thing worse than foreigners in other people's countries, are foreigners with guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Amadeus, as for your "scary" depiction of foreigners - keep in mind that certain people watch a massive demographic shift in their neighborhoods, states, and countries from foreigners who come there with no love of the nation in their hearts and no intention of respecting the tradition or heritage there. This reaches far and wide outside America, and relates to any nation from Asia to Europe.
It's probably easy for you dismiss it because you haven't experienced it or don't really respect it in the first place.

I'm from (Southern) California and all of the families that I know that have immigrated here from Mexico are fucking fantastic people who love and respect where they live. I am completely surrounded by beaners and I can't think of one that is anything like that what you say. If anything, I'd say a lot of them are more appreciated and respectful towards the US than a lot of people I know because their families have experienced a much worse scenario and are aware of the privileges that they have. America is a melting pot of thousands of different cultures and ethnicities, there's really nothing to over run or change.

I understand you want to keep your heritage in tact, but this "scare" that goes on about people diluting their "pure" heritage is really quite ridiculous and can easily become dangerous when this scare and hatred gets into the heads of overly idealistic people. This isn't 1970s Ireland or the British Raj, its just some pinata-punchers (God love them and their food) trying to find work.

I think my big contention here is three things:

1.) No one is actively trying to take your heritage away from you.

2.) That you're a person of Iranian descent in America. "I think a child could see the hypocrisy there".

3.) http://xkcd.com/84/
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-06-01 at 14:33.
 
Old 2011-06-01, 14:44
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
Amadeus, as for your "scary" depiction of foreigners - keep in mind that certain people watch a massive demographic shift in their neighborhoods, states, and countries from foreigners who come there with no love of the nation in their hearts and no intention of respecting the tradition or heritage there. This reaches far and wide outside America, and relates to any nation from Asia to Europe.
It's probably easy for you dismiss it because you haven't experienced it or don't really respect it in the first place.


Haha, well, here's a tip for ya. Don't be so quick to assume that everything said by a complete stranger in a non-specific thread on an open forum is meant as a character description of you. Or even had your existence in mind at the time. This might be easier to achieve if you were to stop fantasizing about the person you've just met. As a matter of fact, that last sentence of yours is enough to warrant a punch in the face, seeing as it would be a fucking insult from someone who could be expected to know some of the pertinent facts. In conclusion, chill out man; should you wish to discuss stuff like this, just acknowledge that you don't know who you're talking to and take it from there.

And no, I do not respect national heritage as such. I respect beauty, skill and thought and the legacy of people who secured my comfortable way of life. This, to me, is only bound by borders and languages in a practical sense. You might say that I do not raise a flag above my head, I tuck a strip of a yellow and blue flag under my belt and carry it with me.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
 
Old 2011-06-01, 15:28
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,881
Dylan said beaners. <3 u man!

SAE, if you want to gripe without being hypocritical you better get on your horsey and ride back to where ever your roots began because you're really living a hypocritical life in Californey if you stay there.

Anyone heard about the Longoria family in southern Texas? Eva was talking about her Spanish roots from back in the 1500s at that location and she said they never moved but lived in 5 different countries properties because land was taken, bought, and sold 5 times. She doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Top

========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.