MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2011-04-16, 10:22
rhymemartin
New Blood

Fave cymbals?

My fave cymbals ever are Paiste Cymbals! How about you? I would love to hear from you guys!

Old 2011-04-19, 22:14
The Execrator
Noob lud

Over the years I've grown a personal liking to Sabian cymbals, but I really am open to cymbals from any company. There really is no reason to only sport one brand cymbals unless you are endorsing a company. I've currently got Meinl hi-hats, a Paiste China and Ride, and Sabian crashes, ride, and chinas. I used a pair of Zildjian hi-hats for years and an A Sweet Ride for about 3 years. Every company really does offer something unique and special, definitely take advantage of anything you can get your hands on!

Though with that being said, the Meinl company really does have some exciting products coming out and I'm very impressed by some of their new cymbals. One of my Sabian crashes started cracking recently and I'm really thinking about looking into some Meinl crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2011-05-25, 17:43
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

I've always been a Sabian guy - best value and sound in my opinion and really beautiful cymbals that reward you for keeping them clean.

I have never liked Zildjian really although I agree they have some unique sounding highhats. There was a pair at my high school when I was attending. I would never use them for metal or anything - they had this hiphop sound that didnt appeal to me, but certainly unique.

I love Paiste from the recordings I have heard and played a few, they are just so expensive it seems!

They did a few weird things over the years that caught my eye too - like the Visions line with the black cymbals - very weird, but cool!

http://images02.olx.es/ui/2/61/13/38425813_2.jpg

Pretty cool unique Paiste cymbal i found looking for the visions:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/...stomlogogp4.jpg

Of course I am too in love with the aesthetic of bronze and would prefer "normal" looking cymbals but still cool stuff.

Anyway some favorites:

Paistes' 22" Power Bell Ride is an incredible piece of bronze.
Sabian 20" AAX Metal Ride - very reasonably priced cymbal, very thick and nice high pitch while retaining warmth
Sabian 20" HH Raw Bell Dry ride - very unique and bad ass cymbal for metal - Ride's are all about the bells for me and the Sabians really ring incredibly.

I really love 13" hats too - way tighter and cleaner sound that 14"'s and feel very good to play, much more control in my opinion.

Danny Carey uses Paiste Signature Sound Edge Hi-Hats which are 13" are the best hats in the world as far as I'm concerned.
Без гордих дум, без честі і ім'я?

Last edited by SoarAndEnvision : 2011-05-25 at 17:46.