MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2011-04-05, 12:53
JMaynard
New Blood

Arrow Proco Rat Turbo Rat

Dose anybody like useing products by proco? Im useing the turbo rat, Im not sure If Im really digging It, Maby a mod would help who knows

Old 2011-04-06, 19:24
the_bleeding
Post-whore

trick to a rat is not to depend on it. Don't let it be the focus of your tone.

My favorite way to run it, is to start with my amp on a gain channel. Then i plug into the rat, set the volume to 75%, and the gain to 25%, filter to 50%.

If it feeds back, turn down the amp's gain. I keep mine around 50-75%, NEVER maxed out.

Experiment with it.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2011-04-07, 17:31
JMaynard
New Blood

What do you use as a main Distortion pedal?
Im sure as you know there are Squillions of Distortions pedals
I sometimes use my amp distortion (vox ac 30) and sometimes my other amps distortion (Ampeg SS 140-c) with the proco turbo rat with some rackmounted gear. Any ideas for REALLY good tone?

Old 2011-04-07, 19:55
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaynard
What do you use as a main Distortion pedal?
Im sure as you know there are Squillions of Distortions pedals
I sometimes use my amp distortion (vox ac 30) and sometimes my other amps distortion (Ampeg SS 140-c) with the proco turbo rat with some rackmounted gear. Any ideas for REALLY good tone?

i dont. I use amp distortion. On accasion i'll use a tube screamer or rat to give it a slightly different texture, but I always depend on amp distortion. Pedal distortion never sounds as good as amp distortion.

Dude, if you have an ss-140-c, lose the pedals.
Go bass 5, mids 8, treble 5, gain as high as you like. That amp fuckin crushes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbCxHHJi62Y
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Last edited by the_bleeding : 2011-04-07 at 20:12.

Old 2011-04-07, 20:49
JMaynard
New Blood

Thank you for the info about the proco and about ditching the pedals for the ss140-c Also could you tell me the diffrence between the blueline and just the a regular ss140-C ? mine is just the regular black and white head. When this was given to me I wasnt really sure what to make of It, I knew It was Ampeg but never knew about Its history?

Old 2011-04-07, 21:25
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaynard
Thank you for the info about the proco and about ditching the pedals for the ss140-c Also could you tell me the diffrence between the blueline and just the a regular ss140-C ? mine is just the regular black and white head. When this was given to me I wasnt really sure what to make of It, I knew It was Ampeg but never knew about Its history?

no difference between blue and black in the circuit. They just look different cosmetically. Blue was the older version if i remember correctly.

If you want to hear more ss-140-c in action, listen to Cannibal Corpse's The Bleeding, or any old Dying Fetus.

Lots of bands use the vh140-c, ss140-c and crate GX130-c, which are all pretty much the same amp with tiny tweaks between them.

also, if you want the most out of the vox AC30, see if yo ucan get some blue alnico speakers. Celestion blues are way expensive, lots of people say Weber Blue Dogs are a good replacement.

Old 2011-06-06, 22:45
mikeeasley
New Blood
Banned

Now I know that the blue is the old one. My friend had one and I borrowed it.