MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2010-12-06, 03:37
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

No school for me today because the snow and some extreme black ice is blocking the streets, so no busses are driving nor are the trains. WinterWin!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-06, 20:30
Pr0az
Post-whore

Whattta whatta whatta you talking bout willis? Snow makes me die a little inside, especially this time of year people down south with the fake snow on their lawn.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2010-12-06 at 20:33.

Old 2010-12-07, 12:25
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Snow is fun. I used to live in an igloo during my younger days. Our family would often have to fish for food when the helicopters weren't delivering. Despite the burdens that came along with that kind of lifestyle, I miss it dearly. All the snow and ice was great fun, and I never got hot... once. Now the sun is always out and ruining my day! I usually leave the refrigerator door open while hanging out in my kitchen now. Even though the electric bill increases tenfold, it is worth it. I actually just ordered some snow online the other day. It should be arriving around Christmas time.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2010-12-07, 12:40
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-07, 12:56
Pr0az
Post-whore

Why would they even put that picture up. That does nothing for anyone or anything, the up most disrespect.

Old 2010-12-07, 13:42
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

It did a lot for me, actually.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-07, 14:24
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Why would they even put that picture up. That does nothing for anyone or anything, the up most disrespect.

Just to show how reality is besides the computer?

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-07, 14:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Snow is fun. I used to live in an igloo during my younger days. Our family would often have to fish for food when the helicopters weren't delivering. Despite the burdens that came along with that kind of lifestyle, I miss it dearly. All the snow and ice was great fun, and I never got hot... once. Now the sun is always out and ruining my day! I usually leave the refrigerator door open while hanging out in my kitchen now. Even though the electric bill increases tenfold, it is worth it. I actually just ordered some snow online the other day. It should be arriving around Christmas time.

says :"Location: I live in a giant bucket."
I think it froze, cracked(with you in it), and the insides leaked out.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2010-12-07, 15:05
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I think it froze, cracked(with you in it), and the insides leaked out.

I honestly don't think I could come up with a response that would do this justice, you know? I'm extremely conscious of the fact that anything I say would be like getting a 90-year-old man with dementia to deliver a Richard Pryor routine; it just wouldn't measure up to the quality of the material. I fold!

Old 2010-12-07, 15:07
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Just to show how reality is besides the computer?

Reality...Watch fox news for that.

Is it just me are all Forums slow now.

Old 2010-12-07, 15:38
Amadeus
Quantum.

So, just came back from Brussels, where I experienced a hotel trying to, alternately, kill me, incarcerate me and drive me crazy; even more so on the first pertaining to my wheelchair carried friend. Of course, I'm too tough for the first, too wittsy for the second and the third, well, who'd guess uptight French speaking people could be so silly.
This was a five star hotel and has thus confirmed any and all suspicions I've ever had about Belgians.

This relates to ProaZ question in the sense that we were there visiting the European Parliament, where a bunch of Frenchmen and other idiots are trying to kill the internet. It is my belief that this is what ProaZ is experiencing.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2010-12-07, 15:46
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Ouuu Brussels is a bad neighbourhood indeed. Be glad your experiences were restricted to the Hotel. And yes, people in Bruss...ian? Brusselsian? Fuck it, hotels over there are a mess to work with. Ever since we got it in our head that "hey but the NATO bult their headquarters here? Why the fu...wait. We are world leaders!" or something to that extent, the hotel-staff treats everyone like crap, cause of course they're used to having to work with all these important politicians (hints: no they're not) and Sheiks and what not.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2010-12-07, 15:58
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Reality...Watch fox news for that.

I hope to Our Lord And Savior, Paddy, that that was a joke.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-07, 16:26
Pr0az
Post-whore

Joke of course. The only thing I watch is your love muffins in the shower.

Old 2010-12-07, 18:15
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Hmm, I thought I cut that stream.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-07, 20:15
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

WOW dylan... you seriously didn't realize the entire MT community tunes in at 8:45 when you take your showers? I feel kinda bad now...

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-12-07, 20:18
Pr0az
Post-whore

We know you pee in the shower as well. Paddy has mentioned on more than one occasion that he's going to buy a plan ticket to stand under that golden fall.

Old 2010-12-07, 20:54
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Proaz! What's up brotha! What's new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-12-08, 09:30
Pr0az
Post-whore

Blah, loads of stuff. Moved twice(Closer to home now), transferred to a new school, got a new job programming video games/network programs. Been busy times here.

Closer to the beach now(15-20 minutes from the ocean) North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet, Surfside. Liking this move way better, first move was an awful experience.

how about you? Whats requiems quote about in your sig?

for that matter whats new with everyone here?

Old 2010-12-08, 12:17
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Hey Paddy,

I know you're Irish and all but I require your help.

Ya see, I'm reading an Irvine Welsh novel and the venacular is just boggling to a Texan "bloke" (lol) like misel (double lol).

They use phrases like "ah dinnae ken what these auld hounds are cruisin us far."

What the fuck does 'ken' mean? care? can? They end sentences with the word too.

"Well, everybody likes tae huv a good time, a bit ay enjiyment, ken? That's leisure tae me man, likesay? Ah like tae see punters enjoy themselves, ken?"

What's a punter?

Please help.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2010-12-08 at 14:17.

Old 2010-12-08, 13:55
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

What's wrong with ending a sentence in "to?" I don't know where he got to- is perfectly acceptable northern Ohio dialect.

Paddy, I left you commentless. I'm impressed. And I also find it highly amusing that since you added my quote every time you post it's followed by "Up yours "

Belguim sounds like a real picnic.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2010-12-08, 14:45
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Hey Paddy,

I know you're Irish and all but I require your help.

Ya see, I'm reading an Irvine Welsh novel and the venacular is just boggling to a Texan "bloke" (lol) like misel (double lol).

They use phrases like "ah dinnae ken what these auld hounds are cruisin us far."

What the fuck does 'ken' mean? care? can? They end sentences with the word to.

"Well, everybody likes tae huv a good time, a bit ay enjiyment, ken? That's leisure tae me man, likesay? Ah like tae see punters enjoy themselves, ken?"

What's a punter?

Please help.
Fuck, a strong Scottish vernacular is harder to penetrate than Mother Theresa, but I've watched the entire Rab C. Nesbitt collection about 20 times over so I'll give it a go:

Original
"ah dinnae ken what these auld hounds are cruisin us far."

Translation
I don't know what these old hounds (dogs/women? Not sure) are crusin' us for. [Cruising here probably means what it means in the U.S. and elsewhere]

Original

Translation
"Well, everybody likes to have a good time, a bit of enjoyment [I think this was your typo haha], you know? That's leisure too my man, you know? I like to see punters enjoy themselves, you know?"

"Ken" and "likesay" basically mean "know" or "you know?" or "understand(?)". A "punter" is just a bloke/chap/fellow/person. It literally means a customer or gambler or something like that.

Rab C. Nesbitt is probably the finest sitcom ever made if you can get used to the lingo. Check dem shits out, son!

Quote:
What's wrong with ending a sentence in "to?" I don't know where he got to- is perfectly acceptable northern Ohio dialect.
In your accent I think pretty much anything goes.

Quote:
Paddy, I left you commentless.
I had to read that three times before I realised what you actually said. I was having flashbacks to my last price negotiation with a Vietnamese pot-bellied hooker:

"But mister Paddy, I leave you cummless! Long time! You owe me extra fi dalla!"

I think MetalTabs is pretty much fucked again.

Old 2010-12-08, 15:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Did anyone let Alex know or do I have to be the mom around here and do it again?

Paddy, yar a real peas ah wark, y' err!

Old 2010-12-08, 17:34
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
WOW dylan... you seriously didn't realize the entire MT community tunes in at 8:45 when you take your showers? I feel kinda bad now...

Well I knew people used to when I was willingly broadcasting, but I didn't know I kept it up, likesay. Boy, is that embarrassing, ken! Especially the hours of trying to throw my legs over my head to reach my 2 inches of pink, throbbing Jesus with ma mouf.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-08, 20:39
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Thanks Paddy.

Old 2010-12-09, 02:59
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

In that example, "to" is being used as an adverb so there's no problem in ending a sentence with it.

When it's being used as a preposition it's a "linking" word so ending a sentence with it would imply that something is missing from the end of said sentence.

Well that's according to my limited understanding of grammar anyway. Maybe Rich could elucidate?

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2010-12-09, 04:04
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Most of the problems you're having with the Irvine Welsh is simply based on his giving his characters a phonetic accent. What's weird is that they tend to have much stronger accents than you're likely to find in Edinburgh, which is where I think most of his novels are set, or at least many of them (or at the very least, Trainspotting).

There's no such thing as 'perfectly acceptable in a Northern Ohio dialect.' It's true that colloquial use has relaxed standards, usually allowing for constructions that 'sound more natural,' but the grammatical rules of English have not been suspended in certain locations in the Midwest.

Usually the problem is that the proposition left dangling is entirely unnecessary: 'I don't know where he got to' should be 'I don't know where he's gone.' It might lead to confusion as to whether or not the sentence is completed, or as to what the subject is, or as to any number of other issues; it's not so much a hard and fast rule as it is an easy way of avoiding confusion. Especially since, as I said, the dangling proposition in many of these sentences is completely unnecessary, and a more correct sentence is actually shorter.

But as far as I can tell you just misread what moe wrote:

Quote:
What the fuck does 'ken' mean? care? can? They end sentences with the word too.

Here, moe should've used a comma after 'word,' or Bobbi should've noticed that 'too,' while homophonic to 'to,' is actually a distinct word that means 'as well,' leading us to the meaning:

'They end sentences with the word 'ken,' as well.'

So, to repeat: the rules of grammar are there to avoid confusion such as this. Which is why they don't get suspended geographically, even in Northern Ohio.

Old 2010-12-09, 09:45
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Pidgin Spoutin' Tyrant thinks he can spoke proper England!

Irving and other writers who phoneticise the dialogue in their works should do what East End gangsters do when they decide to put crayon to construction paper; include a glossary at the back which explains what the Christ everything means. I don't want to have to spend 3 months living amongst the commoners to absorb their mangled tongue (heh) just so that I can come back home and more easily read about a band of heroin-drenched Jocks. FUCK YOU, IRVING.

MetalTabs seems to be running smoothly again. Did someone contact Alex after all or was it simply the sudden downward jolt in the webcam traffic load after Dylan let his hairy Downs syndrome sister have a shower in his place?

P.S. Dylan's a musical genius. Pity about his insufferable personality and cunt-featured face.

Old 2010-12-09, 11:07
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's true, a glossary would be helpful.

But it's also just incredibly unnecessary to spell things phonetically to let us know they have a Scots accent. I'm sure that at some point it's entirely possible to work that information into the narrative, and from there it's just a matter of using a consistent vocabulary.

I mean, I'm sure you and Mansley are completely incomprehensible in person, but you spell like champs. For the most part.

Personally, I like that Dyldo's face resembles a cunt. For, uh, recreational reasons.

Old 2010-12-09, 14:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Here, moe should've used a comma after 'word,' or Bobbi should've noticed that 'too,' while homophonic to 'to,' is actually a distinct word that means 'as well,' leading us to the meaning:...

I read that as homophobic, and went wth? You guys have ruint me. Yes, after I went back and reread what he said I did see the "too" there, but I took it for granted that since that would have been appropriate for "also" it was the other "to" that he was referring to. (Ah! There it is!) I'm perfectly aware that English is a second language up here since there are so many West-by-godders here, but that was a bit confusing to me. And I actually don't mind seeing things like grammatical corrections since this ole lady is actually getting paid to write now. Umm hmm. Scary.

Old 2010-12-09, 15:35
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Actually, I edited my post after LB posted...lulz.

Also, there turns out to be a glossary at the end of the book. DOUBLE LULZ

Old 2010-12-09, 15:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Doggone it!! All that fall-dee-rall for naught?

Old 2010-12-09, 15:39
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I hope you guys are wearing individual condoms on all of your fingers when you type my name.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-09, 15:53
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
And I actually don't mind seeing things like grammatical corrections since this ole lady is actually getting paid to write now. Umm hmm. Scary.
I'm pretty sure that money is intended to make you stop.

Quote:
Also, there turns out to be a glossary at the end of the book. DOUBLE LULZ
Hahaha! So, how wrong were my translations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I hope you guys are wearing individual condoms on all of your fingers when you type my name.
I'm always "suited and booted" when I post here in case I accidentally contract whatever has deluded your brain into thinking you're not a bastard-faced cunt-burp.

Old 2010-12-09, 18:04
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

spot on, chip

Old 2010-12-09, 19:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy? UP YOURS! You sound like my kids.

Old 2010-12-09, 22:40
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Blah, loads of stuff. Moved twice(Closer to home now), transferred to a new school, got a new job programming video games/network programs. Been busy times here.

Closer to the beach now(15-20 minutes from the ocean) North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet, Surfside. Liking this move way better, first move was an awful experience.

how about you? Whats requiems quote about in your sig?

for that matter whats new with everyone here?

Programming video games?? Sweet! Is that what you're taking in school?

Well that's good you are close to the beach..I'm around 10 minutes from the Ocean..too bad it's the frigid North Atlantic!

I'm in trade school now, in a 2-year pre-apprenticeship program for plumbing/pipe fitting/gas fitting. I'm surprisingly enjoying it quite a bit. Who knew I loved working with long, black pipe?

Req's quote was in response to Sir Dyldo I believe..after Dyldo was making fun of Req's 4 inch arms.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-12-10, 00:34
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Nah I think he said it to TD. Could be wrong though. Either way I am totally impressed by Reqs muscles and that he's married, not a virgin, manager at a fast food place, likes drugs, and can beat anyone at Halo.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-10, 01:52
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I mean, I'm sure you and Mansley are completely incomprehensible in person, but you spell like champs. For the most part.

We do doh, don't we doh!

Bit o' classic Scouse there.

Old 2010-12-10, 07:46
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
spot on, chip
Beezer!

Is that one in the glossary? Not sure if it's used outside of Norn Iron.

Quote:
Paddy? UP YOURS! You sound like my kids.
According to my lawyer you've given me ample cause to sue with that comment. I'll see you in court, although you won't see me because I'll be behind a large metal screen.

Quote:
Either way I am totally impressed by Reqs muscles and that he's married, not a virgin, manager at a fast food place, likes drugs, and can beat anyone at Halo.
If you're going to use the internet to construct a fake persona you should at least make it believable, and I don't think Req has quite managed to do that despite the fact that he was given training in disinformation and espionage by the CIA when he was stationed in 'Nam.

He never told me if he ever caught up with that guy he was sent to kill over there. What was his name? Kurtz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
We do doh, don't we doh!

Bit o' classic Scouse there.
HAHAHA! It's so endearing doh innit doh?

Luh quick brown fax jumps o'er luh lazy wee dog like so it does. Fokin' stankin' wee bawsterd he is n'all, like. Ah hear he's a Prod as well, like. Gim'm a wide berf if ya know wat's gud fur ye. Like. Foke lis, I'm goin' til luh shaps til get some fegs.

What's the crack with the word "like"? It's pretty popular among Liverpudlians and Norn Irish folk, but it never seems to have any significance, it just kinda hangs off the edge of the sentence like it's the product of some deep twitching neurosis.

John, do you ever find that when someone is challenging you or talking about Liverpool in a negative way that you suddenly adopt a much stronger Liverpudlian accent? It's hilarious watching my dad's accent and dialect morph from "somewhat pleasant" to a very harsh "1970s West Belfast" when he stats talking politics haha. I do it myself sometimes, too, usually if I find myself drawn into a conversation with hoods and joyriders; I suddenly and involuntarily become about 25% more stupid and obnoxious just in case they sniff me out and batter me half to death with their giant brows.

Old 2010-12-10, 07:58
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-10, 10:32
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Programming video games?? Sweet! Is that what you're taking in school?

I'm in trade school now, in a 2-year pre-apprenticeship program for plumbing/pipe fitting/gas fitting. I'm surprisingly enjoying it quite a bit. Who knew I loved working with long, black pipe?

Na I went to school for programming business type applications, since there are not alot of resources for people to pull from around here I landed this game programming job through a guy on of all things Criagslist. It's ok, but huge learning curve for me the past couple of months you never realize 3D Math could be such a pain in the ass.

I honestly wish I would have went your route. Something outside, moving. What happen to the security job?

If I had the chance to go back I'd Major in Civil Engineering.

Old 2010-12-10, 10:32
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
What's the crack with the word "like"? It's pretty popular among Liverpudlians and Norn Irish folk, but it never seems to have any significance, it just kinda hangs off the edge of the sentence like it's the product of some deep twitching neurosis.

John, do you ever find that when someone is challenging you or talking about Liverpool in a negative way that you suddenly adopt a much stronger Liverpudlian accent? It's hilarious watching my dad's accent and dialect morph from "somewhat pleasant" to a very harsh "1970s West Belfast" when he stats talking politics haha. I do it myself sometimes, too, usually if I find myself drawn into a conversation with hoods and joyriders; I suddenly and involuntarily become about 25% more stupid and obnoxious just in case they sniff me out and batter me half to death with their giant brows.

Yeah, loads of Scousers will permeate sentences with "like" fairly regularly, without even noticing, like.

"So anyway, I threw my lob-on right up her Khyber Pass. She flinched a bit, like, but she liked it in the end, like."

I think everybody who suffers attacks on their locality will reinforce their accent when defending themselves. I think it must be a tribal thing.

I'm not English; I'm Scouse, like.

Old 2010-12-10, 11:47
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I always figured it was just one of the local dimorphisms of weird verbal tics endemic throughout the current and former British Isles, such as ending sentences automatically with 'innit?' even when it makes no sense in the context.

That's why Americans like your films so much; the dialogue leaves us incredibly confused, and the more confused we are by a film the better it must be.

Old 2010-12-10, 17:16
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The weird thing is, we don't have any trouble understanding the various accents and dialects of the U.S. and elsewhere, but we can barely understand someone who lives 15 minutes away by car. Seriously, if you drive in any direction from my house for a 5 or 6 miles you'll encounter a completely distinctive and incomprehensible accent. It's bizarre; the whole of Ireland is only about the size of the state of Virginia yet it's like you've walked through the back of an enchanted wardrobe when you arrive at the next town.

It certainly makes racists a joy to watch. "These immigrants come over here and don't even speak the language!". "What was that, ya enigma code talkin' cultchie fucker ya?" "MOOOOOOOOOO!"

EDIT: I have a concern I'd like to talk out with you fine gentlemen. Do you think that wanking when you're taking a shit is in some way reinforcing a psychological kink which may eventually manifest itself as an ability to masturbate or sustain arousal without the smell of shit being involved? And that when someone farts you'll immediately get a massive erection? Should I manage and plan out my wank setting more carefully or does it not matter at this late stage in my life?

Discuss!

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-12-10 at 17:23.

Old 2010-12-10, 17:42
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I don't think that kind of Pavlovian connection could be made. I think what you're really afraid of is that the feeling of shit sliding out of your uh-ohs hole is giving you a boner and you're fooling yourself that its the shit smell because, well, that's kinda less gay.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-10, 21:12
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Paddy... I want a sound clip of your voice. NOW.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-12-11, 05:08
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
I don't think that kind of Pavlovian connection could be made. I think what you're really afraid of is that the feeling of shit sliding out of your uh-ohs hole is giving you a boner and you're fooling yourself that its the shit smell because, well, that's kinda less gay.

I was taught that you can provoke almost any conditioning you want. But I think it takes a lot longer for older people.
So you only are allowed to wank when you`re going to dump a brown load.

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-11, 07:11
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Considering you've left me with an asshole like a chewed orange I think it's a little redundant to fire homofucktual aspersions my way!

Quote:
Paddy... I want a sound clip of your voice. NOW.
Just close your eyes the next time you're watching a Samuel L. Jackson movie. That's pretty much me right there.

"Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell, the cultchie wee bawstards!"

Quote:
I was taught that you can provoke almost any conditioning you want. But I think it takes a lot longer for older people.
So you only are allowed to wank when you`re going to dump a brown load.
I'm gonna do a 5 year experiment on this, and only pull my salt-chute when a turd is stewing in the toilet bowl, and the sight of rusty gravy water as I stand up to fire a load into the open mouth of my porcelain girlfriend will no doubt serve to strengthen the conditioning process. If I find myself more and more turned on by stinky poops thereafter I'll be buying a glass-top coffee table, several hundred boxes of marigold washing-up gloves and a mile-long roll of clingfilm. If it turns out that the conditioning didn't work I'll skip the coffee table.

Old 2010-12-11, 16:15
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
marigold washing-up gloves

Ya mean Playtex? "Gloves so flexible you can pick up a dime." - Now that's dating myself. Different that Paddy dating himself.
I've got some heavy duty black rubber gloves that you don't have to worry about popping a hole through, Padanarum. You might try plumbing suppliers for them.

Old 2010-12-11, 16:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Playtex? Isn't that what those extra-comfy bras are made from? I don't think it's a coincidence that you can pick up a dime with your boobies from a standing position. It's all falling into place! Your boobies, I mean. The place being your shoes.

In other news, I think I have ADD or am just incredibly stupid. I've been trying to read a few books over the past month or two, and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get through the fuckers. I constantly have that thing where you read a page and then can't remember a single word of what you just read and have to read it again. Some books are alright, I can get through them reasonably well if a little haphazardly, but others just leave me frustrated and with a pounding headache. There's one on Irish history that I've just quit, and I only made it through about 30 pages. They're not even difficult books; it's not James Joyce or Shakespeare, you know? What the fuck causes that shit? I Googled the b'jaysus out of it but all I could find was superfluous nonsense such as "you have to concentrate more" or costly tutor programmes offered by charlatans and managerial-speak sociopaths.

Strangely, I don't have that problem when I read this forum. I do get ball-ache and a hot buzzing sensation in my brain sack, though.

Old 2010-12-11, 16:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, I think the fact that there's rubber used in both has something to do with it. You're sounding more and more like my kids. I don't like that!

I've done that for almost half a century, Paddy. I can copy things and not remember a word I've copied, too. It was, and still is, horribly frustrating. It is selective. If I'm interested in something I don't have too much trouble with it, but if it's something I could give 2 shitz about I can read it 50 times and it won't make a bit of difference.
I'll ask my son since he's come up with several ideas for my mentalities while researching bipolar and autism - both of which run in the family. I don't know if that has anything to do with Asperger's, but you might give that a look. Or ADHD.
Or just read something more interesting. Life's too short to waste it on stuff that doesn't grab ya. Especially if you're only gonna live to 50.

Old 2010-12-11, 17:22
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
You're sounding more and more like my kids. I don't like that!
Hey, I don't enjoy this any more than you do.

Quote:
Or just read something more interesting. Life's too short to waste it on stuff that doesn't grab ya.
That's the thing, I am interested in this stuff. I read two books last month, one was The Shankill Butchers: A Case Study in Mass Murder, the other was Death By a Thousand Cuts, which is a book examining the history and the Western perceptions of the Chinese capital punishment of lingchi which involves carving up a conscious human being. What the fuck could be more interesting than that? The Shankill Butchers book was easy to get through, I think I broke all of my previous records and finished it in 3 or 4 sittings, but the lingchi book was hard fucking work. I actually skipped an entire chapter because I just couldn't bear the frustration of trying to read it. It's so disheartening and demoralising. One wasn't written in a more opaque way than the other, but something caused my brain to put up a block when I read the second one and I just couldn't get beyond it. I don't know why, which is what's pissing me off the most.

Incidentally, the Shankill Butchers book was infinitely more harrowing than the lingchi one, even though the lingchi one contained numerous actual photographs from the early 20th century showing the procedure being done (be careful if you plan on Googling it, the photos are online all over the place).

Here's a short art film centred around lingchi:

Lingchi: Echoes of a Historical Photograph by Chen Chieh-Jen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pnf_C-wfdo

Quote:
Especially if you're only gonna live to 50.
Shhhhhhh! No one's supposed to know about that, especially not my bank from whom I borrowed immense sums of money that I don't have to start paying back until I retire at 65. They think I'm one of the head engineers on the Large Hadron Collider project. I told them that if quantum physics has taught us anything it's that somewhere, in some dimension, I am an engineer on the LHC project, and that somewhere, in some dimension, the manager of the bank would believe that and give me the money, so we might as well proceed as if we lived in that other dimension and that the versions of us in that other dimension would revert to not doing the deal. Let that other Paddy suffer, I say!

Old 2010-12-11, 17:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Could you just be tired, trying to do too many things at once, and it's given you brain overload? Maybe you need torture from the little people to make you calm down a bit. Leprechauns are running rampant this time of year from what I've heard. One of the symptoms about those mental syndromes is rambling about a subject that's of interest to that person.

The thought that my son and I would have anything in common with you is creepy, but I think you and he might like some of the same type historic stuff - which scares the heck out of me. Are you an "Art of War" fan that played Magic, ADnD, and WoW?

Old 2010-12-11, 18:12
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Could you just be tired, trying to do too many things at once, and it's given you brain overload? Maybe you need torture from the little people to make you calm down a bit. Leprechauns are running rampant this time of year from what I've heard. One of the symptoms about those mental syndromes is rambling about a subject that's of interest to that person.
It could be the Aunty Dees. The ones I'm on double up as sleeping pills, so they make you pretty drowsy throughout the day. Plus being on mind-bending drugs for 10 years is bound to have an effect of one's cognitive skills.

Those little people you talk to aren't leprechauns, they're fibrous tumours peppered throughout your brain like the fluff bobbles on an old woolly jumper.

Quote:
The thought that my son and I would have anything in common with you is creepy, but I think you and he might like some of the same type historic stuff - which scares the heck out of me. Are you an "Art of War" fan that played Magic, ADnD, and WoW?
Nah, I never went "full geek", although I do live the lifestyle. I was interested in Irish history mainly because I live here, and I was interested in lingchi because I'm a morbid dick. I don't care much about Chinese history in general, or the parts of Irish history which don't revolve around bloodshed (and there aren't too many of those). I'm very much a "slows down for car accidents but doesn't get involved" kinda guy when it comes to choosing reading material.

Old 2010-12-11, 18:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Those little people you talk to aren't leprechauns, they're fibrous tumours peppered throughout your brain like the fluff bobbles on an old woolly jumper.

None in my brain. Just my boobs. It scared the crap out of me when I first felt it because the big "c" word popped into my head, but then I decided to wait and see what it was. I did get the big one lanced. Biggest darn needle I've EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! I decided after that I'd just tolerate them since they don't do anything.

Old 2010-12-12, 08:26
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I'm having an information sale for the next three weeks; I'm simply overstocked on information! I have TOO MUCH INFORMATION! EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Old 2010-12-12, 12:15
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Ok, what is a clitoris then?

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-12-12, 12:22
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A word women made up to make you feel bad.

Old 2010-12-12, 15:06
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Another one is menstruation

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-12, 18:38
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Hey, what's the name for that useless skin outside a vagina again?

Oh, nevermind. Its the woman.

I was tested for ADD a couple times when I was in middle school but the tests were, apparently, "inconclusive". If I do have it, it doesn't really bother me because if something is interesting enough I can apply myself fine. Kinda. Maybe. Wait, what? I think the teachers just wanted to be able to tell themselves that the reason I was never paying attention wasn't because of them, but because there was something "wrong" with me.

This also might be the worst hangover, ever.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-13, 04:02
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Just out of the studio with another death metal band, sample up:

Path of Thorns
Parasites

Just saying, do think this'd be more y'alls cup of tea than the other death metal-thing I posted in the previous RTT. Technical death metal but without all the black metalness from the other band + I only do bass here.
+ this shit has actual guitarsolo's etc

Please note there's absolutely no mastering/mixing applied at all yet, these are just the lines we recorded. Do think it sounds nice though, especially the ppppppphatness of the bass. So yeah, curious about y'alls opinions

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2010-12-13, 08:52
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Listening to the first one I couldn't get past the vision of darling little metalheads in corpse paint skipping through a floral garden holding hands. Why is that cadence so popular in this type of music? The speculations are endless. The rhythms did divert which I liked and the end's echoing was pretty cool. Anyone ever tried to incorporate something like that mid-song? Just a thought.

Now the second one was really cool. It seemed more unique sounding to me. I just relistened and I think the reason that one is grabbing me is because it's got some of the same elements of prog in it only done death metal. Parasites is a keeper.

Thanks for sharing those.

Old 2010-12-13, 09:22
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz

Ever heard of Brutus? They rock. So does this song. I just love this monotonus (well not your song) death with ultra low vocals.
Only there`s something with the sound... can`t really say what bothers me but ... THE BASSDRUM That`s it. Moar bassdrum please!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-13, 16:40
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Can someone tell me what was so fucking interesting about 24th June 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubbles McGee: The Enchanted Time Goblin of MetalTabs
Most users ever online was 1398, 2007-06-24

Old 2010-12-13, 17:11
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Dude, weren't you here for that? Fuck, that was really epic. I still can't believe Nomad let us do that.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-12-13 at 17:14.

Old 2010-12-13, 17:18
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Dude, weren't you here for that? Fuck, that was really epic. I still can't believe Nomad let us do that.

I think I was there but I don't remember, what happened?

I'm guessing spammers, or you are being sarcastic

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-12-13, 17:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Nah, it wasn't spammers... lets just say tons and tons of animal porn. I swore Paddy was there for that though. I know Rich and Chris were. Nihilist, too.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-13, 18:55
Requiem
Post-whore

i got a raise

oh yeah: CUNT

Old 2010-12-13, 19:01
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Are you sure it wasn't the day the forum came back up after being on hiatus for awhile?

Old 2010-12-13, 23:47
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

No, it was bestiality. EVERYWHERE!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-12-14, 05:18
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You fucks are still here! FUCK!

Old 2010-12-14, 06:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Amadeus, just what the FUCK have you been up to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stockholm_bombings

NO! BAD BOY!

Dyldo, was the bestiality era really in 2007? I could have sworn that was the time you had started uploading your family photo albums...

Oh...

Old 2010-12-14, 08:02
Amadeus
Quantum.

You're way behind, that is old news. Currently we seem to be hellbent on completing the terrorist's work for them, by resolutely strangling just about every single vital organ of the democratic body. I exaggerate, of course, but the surveillance mania is pissing me off a whole lot extra because it's coming from my own faction. It's not evil, it's not even misplaced in a few, limited cases. It's just that, on the national level, it's SO DAMN FUCKING IGNORAMOUSLY STUPID. From the way our minister of justice speaks I wouldn't let her near a calculator for fear that her lack of knowledge of its operation might induce her to require everyone to store all data handled on it for six months and send it to the Defense Telecommunications Institute. FUCK.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-12-14, 11:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You're so cute when you rant.

Old 2010-12-14, 12:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Am I cute when I rant, too? No, wait...I'm hunky, right? Hunky McHunkster?

Pats, when will you learn? The only way terrorists can be defeated is if we assume everyone is a terrorist until lengthy torture sessions prove otherwise. Or we could just create a virus which kills non-whites and save everyone a lot of hassle.

Old 2010-12-14, 13:55
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

dropped by to say I`m fucking pissed

good night everyone

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-14, 13:56
Amadeus
Quantum.

Grrrr.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-12-14, 15:54
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

What's going on, Gom? You're cute, too.
Just like a guy to say he's pissed and leave without any inkling of what's wrong.

Old 2010-12-14, 17:18
KevC
Senior Metalhead

jeebus christ this place is still as green as ever. been getting back into metal recently took a break for Kpop, and let me tell ya metal is still much better

Old 2010-12-14, 17:53
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
What's going on, Gom?

he's german

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-12-15, 10:41
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
he's german

not only that.
I fucking hate the time short before holidays. One test after another. My week was simply all about learning and writing tests so far. But I`m now through with the worst day of the week.
Wrote a 4 lessons long textanalysis test about "Faust I" if anyone knows that. Then I had to make a 90min presentation about todays fascism in GB (went pretty good I think he said it was a B+) . And in Drama there was a jury from I don`t know where who gave us marks and decided wether we can go to a four-day long workshop to Hamburg. And guess what everything went wrong. EVERYTHING even the decoration broke somehow. It was magic.

BOOOOOOOORN IN A MOUUURNING HALLL !!!!!!!???1

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-15, 16:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

d&q, I'm surrounded by Germans and I don't think that's it.

Gomli, maybe that's a blessing in disguise that you aren't supposed to go for some obtuse reason. Maybe something bigger and better is in store for you.

Old 2010-12-16, 06:45
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
not only that.
I fucking hate the time short before holidays. One test after another. My week was simply all about learning and writing tests so far. But I`m now through with the worst day of the week.
Wrote a 4 lessons long textanalysis test about "Faust I" if anyone knows that. Then I had to make a 90min presentation about todays fascism in GB (went pretty good I think he said it was a B+) . And in Drama there was a jury from I don`t know where who gave us marks and decided wether we can go to a four-day long workshop to Hamburg. And guess what everything went wrong. EVERYTHING even the decoration broke somehow. It was magic.

BOOOOOOOORN IN A MOUUURNING HALLL !!!!!!!???1

Damn! Is Germany getting ready for WWIII? Jury, Fascism, Drama, Hamberg,Textasomething, Faust,...

At least you know Wikileaks is behind you... and maybe the US if it works out with Palin.

Old 2010-12-16, 08:38
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

roflmao I think Palin nailed her coffin with her reality show's latest guest, Kate Gosslin. (No, I didn't watch it.) Heck, she can probably make more money on tv than being a politician anyways and it's safer for us, too. I'm sorry, but she just seems more joke fuel than politician which may not be fair to her.

Old 2010-12-16, 08:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

One word...

GOVenator

Edit: Sorry,

PALINator

Personally, if I wasn't married, I would like to support PILF. She might get a vote from me... maybe..... if the PILF came to my house.... in a robe... and like, [EDIT]... Then I could see a vote for her. Just saying. That shit isn't going to happen though.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2010-12-16 at 09:12.

Old 2010-12-16, 10:29
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
I think Palin

totally looks like Lisa Ann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Is Germany getting ready for WWIII?

I was wondering about that a few weeks ago when the german army wanted to set up an information stand at our school and we (students from our school) prevented it Let`s wait what is going to happen next year when Kim Jong kills a million people when he takes down his sunglasses and shoots lasers from his eyes

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-16, 15:22
Pr0az
Post-whore

Well I got married ladies and gentlemen.

Old 2010-12-16, 16:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You did? Who's the lucky guy? Nah, that's cool as long as no shotguns were involved. Best wishes to you and the new missus. Pictures? Cake? No honeymoon shots, please.

Gomli, Lisa Ann who?

Souli', I've heard one of the guys around my house say she's hot, but I don't even remember who it was now. lol I was impressed.

Old 2010-12-17, 08:54
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Gomli, Lisa Ann who?

The porn star

Ah yeah and congratz proaz...or get well soon or something like that

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-12-17, 10:14
Pr0az
Post-whore

We, just went and signed the papers at the court house. Gonna wait until we both graduate for a true ceremony.

Old 2010-12-18, 10:50
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Are we invited? We are like family, ya know. Maybe family from across the tracks, but still. I just made party cookies with sugared sprinkles, too.

Old 2010-12-19, 06:35
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Are we invited?
I think we're invited to fuck off. I didn't bother RSVPing; seemed kinda redundant.