Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2011-06-07, 13:05
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Has anyone here ever tried Ethiopian food?
I once had a plate of fried clitorises nestled on a bed of crispy labia trimmings.

Old 2011-06-07, 13:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Neither have they! lolol

blitz gets the Capt. Obvious award.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2011-06-07, 14:56
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Neither have they! lolol

OMG you failed so hard. Fuck you I hate you

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-06-07, 21:52
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I once had a plate of fried clitorises nestled on a bed of crispy labia trimmings.

I'm surprised your mother took herself through all that trouble to rid herself of her shame, but I'm not at all surprised that you ate it.

Two questions; first, how was it? Second, do you feel it would have been better had it come off of an actual Ethiopian? Wait, changed my mind. Third question. If you could get your hands on authentic fried Pygmy clit, would that satisfy threefold your hunger, compulsive paraphilia, and midget fetish? Granted, it would no longer be authentic Ethiopian, but fuck it. In this country we aren't picky; black is black. In your country, anything darker than this is considered sub-Saharan. And in Soviet Russia, YOU mug BLACKS!

Old 2011-06-07, 23:53
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
crispy labia trimmings.

Well, that actually made me sick for some odd reason. Congratulations Paddy, it takes ALOT to nauseate me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2011-06-19, 18:19
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Tonight for father's day I will be grilling a tri-tip roast with a rub a friend showed me (consisting of rosemary, paprika, pepper, celery/garlic salt, dill (hey!), and onion powder). I'm also grilling some jalapenos wrapped in bacon and stuffed with a cream cheese-Tapatio mix. Along with this will be some garlic bread with some chopped prosciutto, basil, and garlic. Awhile ago at a dinner party my friend did pretty much exactly this and so I'm ripping it from her. She's a great cook though so I hope I can get close to what she did. I'm also going to stuff some habaneros with smoked cheddar and goat cheese, though I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one eating those.

I just ordered some Bhut Jolokia (ghost chilli, formally rated as the hottest chilli pepper in the world), Yellow 7 Pod, Pusa Jwala, and Red Habanero seeds to grow (from the Hippie Seed Company) . I really love extremely spicey peppers (though I don't think I've had any over ~300,000 Scoville, excluding extract sauces) so I figured I should grow my own and make my own hot sauce. I've always wanted to try and eat a whole Bhut Jolokia, too.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-06-20, 04:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I just wrote about hot pepper extracts. It baffles me that anyone eats that stuff, but it was interesting to research. I've grown jalapeno and cayenne plants. My cayennes were so hot I only found one person that could eat more than a small piece and he always got the hiccups from them. I made wreaths and ristras (sp) from them, and they were very pretty plants. If I had to rethread the needle after I'd strung a few and pass the thread between my lips, my lips to part way up my nose would be numb.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2011-06-20, 06:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Two questions; first, how was it?
Clitty.

Quote:
Second, do you feel it would have been better had it come off of an actual Ethiopian? Wait, changed my mind.
My mother is actually part Ethiopian; the part of her which insists on raping and robbing white women.

Quote:
If you could get your hands on authentic fried Pygmy clit, would that satisfy threefold your hunger, compulsive paraphilia, and midget fetish? Granted, it would no longer be authentic Ethiopian, but fuck it.
I don't have a midget fetish anymore, not since I found out they actually exist and aren't just characters from nursery rhymes. I'm all about the P.C.

Protestants - the characters from Invasion of the Bodysnatchers - will do for now until I find something a little less abrasive to fantasise about.

Quote:
In this country we aren't picky; black is black. In your country, anything darker than this is considered sub-Saharan. And in Soviet Russia, YOU mug BLACKS!
To be fair, few people here besides goths are white. We're more of a blotchy pinkish colour. Like a cold, weather-beaten, white man's flaccid penis.

Quote:
Well, that actually made me sick for some odd reason. Congratulations Paddy, it takes ALOT to nauseate me
You've obviously never been to PST's restaurant.

Old 2011-06-20, 13:20
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I just wrote about hot pepper extracts. It baffles me that anyone eats that stuff, but it was interesting to research. I've grown jalapeno and cayenne plants. My cayennes were so hot I only found one person that could eat more than a small piece and he always got the hiccups from them. I made wreaths and ristras (sp) from them, and they were very pretty plants. If I had to rethread the needle after I'd strung a few and pass the thread between my lips, my lips to part way up my nose would be numb.

Yeah, extracts suck. Whatever chemicals they use in the process really fuck up my stomach in a non oh-its-just-spicy way. I think it also takes the heart out of hot sauces as the hot sauce should highlight what the pepper is capable of both taste and heat wise. If I wanted to eat mace I would just spray mace in my mouth.

Heat hiccups are pretty funny. They happen almost immediately after ingestion of something really piquant (though only seem to last for about a minute). You should send me some seeds from your old cayenne plants if you still have some. Have you ever had a Sichuan pepper? Those have a really weird heat. Its more of a "buzzing" sensation that's followed by a numbness. I've read that its actually used for that reason so you can eat even hotter stuff. Pussies! Anyway, if you do have any of those seeds, you should send them as I don't think I've ever eaten a whole cayenne pepper before. I can do a whole habanero without too much trouble.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-06-20, 19:29
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That was quite a few years ago, but I'll take a look and see if I have any. I didn't use many of them myself, but I gave some wreaths and ristras away and sold some, too. I'm pretty much a wuss when it comes to spicy things.

Old 2011-06-23, 02:29
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dunno what this dish is officially called, but I call it what it is; Cream-Cheese-Stuffed-Bacon-Wrapped-Chicken.

What you need;

1. Boneless skinless chicken breast.
2. cream cheese
3. Bacon
4. Chopped dried Chives

Preheat oven to 400F.
Take chicken, wash it off.
Flatten the chicken out with the side of a saucer plate.
Cut out 3 quarter inch wide blocks of cream cheese and slap it in the middle of the chicken.
Sprinkle chives on cream cheese.
Wrap chicken with cream cheese still in the middle.
Wrap bacon around chicken. While it is blaphemous to say there's such thing as too much bacon, I usually use no more than two strips.
Once you've made about 5 or 6 or however many chicken breasts you bought, get a cookie sheet and two grill racks, line the bottom of the sheet with either parchment paper or foil, place grills on top, lay chicken on top.
Stick it in the oven and cook for about an hour and 5 minutes or until bacon is just barely crispy.

Not very good at giving directions, but am pretty good at making this trifecta of awesome.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2011-06-23, 04:54
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Why 2 grill racks? Wouldn't a broiler pan work or are you referring to the type that you cool pans off on? That does sound good!

baconbaconbaconbaconWHERRRRREEEE!!!!!

Old 2011-06-23, 09:20
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Small hint from me :
Next time any of you guys make a chicken curry with pineapple, try to get a petit layer of caramel on the pineapple pieces and then give some JD in the pan. True story, it's awesome

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-06-23, 14:08
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
JD

That's where I stopped reading lol
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2011-06-23, 16:35
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I can't really cook but I have been grilling a lot this summer.
Specialties include:

Dawgs
Burgers
Brats
Flank Steak
Chikken Boob
Chikken with marinade ina pan nigga
Kebbabs
Chikken Wings
Bacon -put that shit in a pan then grill the pan

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-06-23, 20:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

u fergot the grillt h2Omellonz on skqrz aborigine

I haven't had my medicinal 2 shots of JD with Bob in so long I forgot what it tastes like.

Old 2011-06-24, 10:22
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

grilled watermellons? you must be trippin nigga. grilled veggies are pretty good though

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-06-24, 16:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

<-- Colt 45 40s

Old 2011-06-24, 18:02
Requiem
Post-whore

Going to cook some deer chili tomorrow. u mad?

Old 2011-06-24, 19:04
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Going to cook some deer chili tomorrow. u mad?

I've had Venison hash or Venison chili, can't remember but it was nothing to brag about. Venison can be good if the "gamey" taste is covered up, had one barbecued like a pig ones and it was delicious. Use to eat Venison ribs, but you have to eat so many to get full. The ribs had such a bland taste though guess marination wasn't part of the chefs protocol.

Old 2011-06-24, 19:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I LOVE VENISON CHILI!!!! WHEN IS DINNER!!!!!

I'll bring the cornbread. If it's shot right, bled right, and processed right it shouldn't be gamey unless the deer was 70 years old.

Old 2011-07-31, 06:54
blitz906
Okay.

I have been eating way too much of this stuff lately. Yesterday morning I woke up with a pretty bad stomach ache, and when I have a shit it feels like there is a lit cigar up my arsehole

Can too much capsaicin cause damage to the stomach/intestines?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2011-07-31, 13:15
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

I totally understand you, Rooster sauce is killing me too lately
In its pure form capsaicin can harm your body, that's true but usually one or two days without are enough to let your gastric mucosa recover. Or next time right before you eat something hot, consume some really fat stuff like a glass of cream

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-07-31, 15:41
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I have been eating way too much of this stuff lately. Yesterday morning I woke up with a pretty bad stomach ache, and when I have a shit it feels like there is a lit cigar up my arsehole

You're fine. Are you used to eating hot stuff? Cut down on it a bit and you will be good. Or do like Gomers said and drink a glass of milk before you eat (though that will just help your stomach, not the shits).
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-08-01, 13:57
blitz906
Okay.

Hahaha. When I clicked the link I didn't expect to see that photo. We should just have the name of this website changed to metalchan
Quote:
In its pure form capsaicin can harm your body, that's true but usually one or two days without are enough to let your gastric mucosa recover. Or next time right before you eat something hot, consume some really fat stuff like a glass of cream

I hate dairy! Would semen work too?
Also, look what this guy did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
You're fine. Are you used to eating hot stuff? Cut down on it a bit and you will be good. Or do like Gomers said and drink a glass of milk before you eat (though that will just help your stomach, not the shits).

Yeah I'm quite used to it. I've been eating very spicy food since I was a young kid. I'll just give it a break for a week or so and let my digestive system chill out.

Perhaps I could find some way to coat the inside of my anus and colon with Saran Wrap to prevent further assault to my delicate rectal flesh. Or maybe one of those female condoms would work if I cut the end off and fed it up there with the end of a toilet plunger. I could patent a product called Rectal Armour. It would probably be a big seller among tourists going to Mexico and prison inmates.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by blitz906 : 2011-08-01 at 14:02.

Old 2011-08-01, 15:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Rectal Armour? I can here him now - "I'm not just a spokesman. I'm a client, too."

If it's firey in your yap it will come out that way, too. If you drink, especially the harder stuff, or take NSAIDs or have to pop baking soda or Tums a lot, then your insides will take a beating from it. If you have bleeding ulcers it can be dangerous. Capsaicin is supposed to be good for arthritis and opening blood capillaries, but if you've got other ailments watch your heat intake. My dad had trouble with ulcers and the only thing that would help his system was goat milk. If you haven't tried it just imagine the smell of an old goat and that's about it. Goat milk fudge is to die for, but won't help your innards.

Someone gave my hubby some tiny little hot peppers that look like baby cayennes, but he didn't say what they were. He just gave him warning. I hope he finds out so I know what the heck to do with the little demons.

Old 2011-08-01, 18:47
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Someone gave my hubby some tiny little hot peppers that look like baby cayennes, but he didn't say what they were. He just gave him warning. I hope he finds out so I know what the heck to do with the little demons.

This it?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-08-02, 20:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, they do sort of look like that, but they're a little sharper on the end. They're only a couple inches long.

Old 2011-10-13, 14:54
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

http://mariobatalivoice.blogspot.com/

I don't know if you guys are aware of who Steve Albini is (maybe Dyldo), but he's cooler than you. Evidence: he founded Big Black, he recorded In Utero and Surfer Rosa (and anything else anybody ever asked him to record), he doesn't still hang out here. This is his food blog.

Old 2011-10-13, 15:52
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88

I don't know if you guys are aware of who Steve Albini is (maybe Dyldo), but he's cooler than you. Evidence: he founded Big Black, he recorded In Utero and Surfer Rosa (and anything else anybody ever asked him to record), he doesn't still hang out here. This is his food blog.

Coooooooooool, I didn't know he was a foodie. Bookmarked.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-10-13, 16:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I don't remember him right offhand, but that's a pretty cool blog.

Old 2011-10-13, 19:43
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Not to be a philistine, whatever that is, but pretty much every image I saw on that blog looked like infections under a microscope. What's wrong with cornflake sammiches?? Too "working class" for you elitist bastards? FUCK YOU.

Old 2011-10-13, 21:15
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I'm fairly certain you don't know Albini, LBs. About as certain as I was that Dyldonic did.

Are the cornflakes the bread or the filling?

Old 2011-10-16, 18:25
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Are the cornflakes the bread or the filling?
You think I'm gonna just hand over my recipe to you? You'll probably add a twig of parsley, cut the bread into a star and charge $45 per sammich at your restaurant and list it on your menu as "Richard's Special Sammich Which He Invented and You're a Cunt if You Don't Believe Him".

Caucasian puh-LEEZE.

Old 2011-10-18, 05:14
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well, if you tell me that the bread's bread in the midst of your ginger rant you're not defending your secrets very well, are you?

Jews aren't technically Caucasian. Gingers aren't technically human, though, so cheers.

Old 2011-10-18, 10:01
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Well, if you tell me that the bread's bread in the midst of your ginger rant you're not defending your secrets very well, are you?
Bread and cornflakes are a given, what I didn't tell you about was the grated onio....shit, nearly let it slip there.

Quote:
Jews aren't technically Caucasian.
I know, you only affect the white skin tone to pass unnoticed when you're gathering intel for the the Queen of England and her lizard overlords - because, Christ* knows, looking green and scaly isn't the most inconspicuous look for a bipedal.

* Remember him? 'Course you do, every murderous mob remembers their most successful "hit".

Quote:
Gingers aren't technically human, though, so cheers.
That's rich coming from an intergalactic space-reptilian!

Speaking of which, has anyone ever eaten lizard or snake or the like?

Old 2011-10-18, 11:25
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Hubby's eaten snake. "Tastes like chicken". And the guy on the Arnold movie we watched the other day got choked by the bad guy with a coral snake. That was rough. I guess I haven't been totally desensitized.

Old 2011-10-18, 16:53
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I haven't had snake, but I have had alligator a couple times and enjoyed it, though there wasn't anything overly remarkable about it. I did have it in jerky form once though and that was pretty damn good, but I just love any kind of jerky, really.

On Sunday I went to my cellist's 3 year-old son's birthday party. His family is ultra-fucking-we-go-all-out-for-any-occasion-just-to-get-drunk-and-prepare-amazing-food Mexican and had some of the best birria (goat) I've ever had. The goat was actually a gift from someone in the family and was slaughtered the day before. I stuffed myself into a food coma with about 3 or 4 courses of goat shank, goat tacos (freshly made tortillas!), and goat stew (the soup being the best of the lot). However, the best goat dish I've ever had was a curried goat poutine (now sadly off the constantly rotating menu) at a local gastropub. I must have had it 4 or 5 times when it was available and it never failed to make my knees buckle.

One of my favorite food blogs named this 7-course goat dish the best dish out of a yearly top 100 in Orange County so I'm going to have to try that while I'm on my goat kick. Concerning the first course mentioned, I've never had blood pudding so I'm pretty curious about it as I have no idea what I'll think of it. The blog's #1 from last year was pretty incredible so I trust that it will be pretty legit. Seriously, this taco, the "Taco Acorazado", is probably the best taco I've ever had, and there is no fucking shortage of tacos in the OC don't call it that. You can't really see the huge, thick, fluffy handmade to order totilla under everything in that picture but it alone would be worth the meager $4 the entire thing costs. I couldn't eat for the rest of the day after it, and it didn't bother me one bit.

I'm hungry.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-10-18 at 17:05.

Old 2011-10-18, 19:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Man, just send me a Macho Burrito from Nogales and a strawberry shake.

Old 2011-10-18, 22:37
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, fuck exploring food!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-03-18, 23:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I know it's a day late, but we cooked burgers on the grill yesterday since it was so warm outside. Today I stuck a semi-lean corned beef brisket in my crock pot, on high, and covered it with water about 1:30pm. I added cut up halfed carrots about 5:30, and cut up potatoes about half an hour later. It's about 7:30 now. Oh my goodness, is it ever good! And gone, too!

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2012-03-18 at 23:34.

Old 2012-03-19, 19:09
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

That sounds awesome, been craving corned beef like mad with all the St. Patrick's Day specials I've been seeing around. I recently made a "pinterest" to keep track of all the recipes I like to use, but upon browsing I was really disappointed by how many recipes call for pink lemonade mix and vodka. Faith in womanity -10 points

I did, however, find a killer recipe for pasta sauce that I made last night for me and Steve. It was super easy to make and the ingredients were very simple. Basically, onion, pepperoncini, san marzano tomatoes, bacon, garlic, and an optional splash of white wine. I added the white wine in after cooking the bacon to deglaze the pan, but the recipe doesn't call for it.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/s...apricciosa.html

Served over linguine with grated parmesan, it was fucking awesome.

Old 2012-03-19, 20:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Lidia makes good stuff. That sounds good. I don't know about vodka and pink lemonade in corned beef, but it sounds like a great after dinner drink! lol

Old 2012-03-19, 22:05
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Ha, I wasn't looking for corned beef recipes. Just referring to the high volume of pink colored baked goods, and vodka cocktails. I don't think I'll be making pink lemonade petit fours any time soon but I did find a recipe for cupcakes that have an oreo on the bottom and a peanut butter cup in the middle

Old 2012-03-20, 16:28
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:

More importantly, Wesley Willis wrote a song about him, which is something that only 100,000 other people, bands, places, and police forces can say.

In Utero (along with STP - Core) was actually the first CD I ever owned and still kind of a personal favorite of mine.

Old 2012-03-20, 16:41
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
That sounds awesome, been craving corned beef like mad with all the St. Patrick's Day specials I've been seeing around. I recently made a "pinterest" to keep track of all the recipes I like to use, but upon browsing I was really disappointed by how many recipes call for pink lemonade mix and vodka. Faith in womanity -10 points

When I first started college, I went back to this girl's house to study and spend the night. She kept giving me pink lemonade and vodka and I remember thinking to myself, "oh, man, please just give me the vodka straight." I didn't say anything because I was a pussy, but man, I'll never understand why chicks seem to like pink lemonade so much.

Old 2012-03-20, 18:15
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I'll never understand why chicks seem to like pink lemonade so much.
Girls like pink stuff, it's not rocket science son! It's funny, even though they love pink cushions, underwear, sofas, dresses and other girl's vaginas they seem almost disgusted by the sight of bright pink weeping scabs all over a man's torso and inner thighs. What gives? If they were on a puppy they'd be considered special kisses from dog-angels or something, but put 'em on a man who's otherwise healthy apart from the fat and the mental illness and suddenly it's a fuckin' turn-off.

Have you seen the latest post on that blog PST mentioned?

http://mariobatalivoice.blogspot.co...time-snack.html

What cunt is gonna make that pish as a snack? There's gotta be at least 42 different utensils involved in that shit for a start. But more importantly, the last thing I want to think about on my way to bed is something that looks like one of The Thing's infected bollocks.

I swear to fucking Christ I'd HATE living with a professional chef. Not only would they be insufferable smug cunts come dinner time with their special pans and imported broccoli, they'd probably never let you so much as butter some toast without standing over your shoulder telling you how you're supposed to spread UP UP DOWN UP and not UP DOWN DOWN UP. Also, fuck Jews and anyone who is "professional" at anything except for prostitutes and skin doctors.

Old 2012-03-20, 18:52
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That looks like it's got Easter basket grass all over it. That's not anything I'd want.

Dame's cupcakes sound cool. (Shut up, Paddy.) My friend made truffles with crushed Oreo and cream cheese mixed together. They were good, but I'm thinking if there was the peanutbutter center like the Reeses, the Oreo/cc rolled around that, and then dip them in chocolate or use that for cupcake centers it might be pretty good, too.

Old 2012-03-25, 22:35
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

That basket grass is grated parmigiano - I'm fairly certain that you, along with everybody else in the world, like Parmesan cheese.

I think you're both missing the point: a blini is basically a delicious, crispy, tiny pancake. The recipe is for a crispy little pancake covered with the sort of creamy, cheesy things almost everybody likes, and maybe a small kick of spice. You're kidding yourself if you don't think you'd gobble them down like the well-worn, gnawed-upon pink plastic dildo you keep hidden underneath tax papers in your desk and think we don't all know about, but we do, kid, we do. And I don't think a Cuisinart and a cast-iron pan are exactly outlandish cooking utensils, or unreasonable ones to have.

It seems like a lot of food writing lately has been dedicated to attempting to demystify the process, and it's a shame to see it's backfired so far - the whole point of the blog is that even somebody who spent his entire teens and twenties eating beef jerky and beating himself up with a guitar can make some good food if he puts a little effort into it.

Even Paddy could whip up blini really easily, and he doesn't realize it, not merely because he's a pox-addled, benighted and mentally deficient gingypants, but because he's never gotten the memo: cooking is easy. Fun, also. Maybe not Michelin-star stuff, but that's not really what we're talking about. With very few exceptions, everything you read in that blog is something you could make yourself, if you had the inclination. And don't pretend you don't want a mouthful of Ben Grimm's testes.

Old 2012-03-26, 14:19
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
You're kidding yourself if you don't think you'd gobble them down like the well-worn, gnawed-upon pink plastic dildo you keep hidden underneath tax papers in your desk and think we don't all know about, but we do, kid, we do.

Shows what you know. Mine is orange, Jew! Come with me, I have a well to show you.

You, sir, are an interesting case study. Do j00z ever masquerade as gingers to avoid being tossed down wells? Not that you're a ginger or anything (you are), but it would be a nifty little disguise to have, wouldn't it? Not only that, but if you carried your Jew gold around in burlap sacks, everyone would assume you were carrying potatoes like a true ginger and leave you alone to pillage Wall Street from your underground bunkers.

I feel like how Ron Paul supporters must feel every time they expose some vast, extremely real conspiracy! High.

Old 2012-03-26, 15:57
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The saddest thing about Jews is that they can't really transfer that look to other races. It just doesn't quite fit. Anyone of any colour or nationality can look fine in a Buddhist jumpsuit or a priest's skirt but for the whole Jew look to be successful it pretty much requires the correct genetics, i.e. those of a space reptilian oven-jockey.

Check it out:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums...ff/will_jew.jpg

Just doesn't look right at all, and that muthafucka's a Scientologist!

Gingerness, on the other hand, looks good on anyone:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums...will_ginger.jpg

It looks especially good on PST's mama's forehead, which is where I generally rest my ginger balls* after a hard day's ejaculating into the abyss, aka Jewssy. Speaking of yo' mama, PST - can you maybe buy her an electric blanket or something? Every time she creeks open that ice-cave of a pussy she offsets the effects of global warming by about 12%. When I came on her tits the last time a frozen length of spunk damn near bolted her to the wall of the public toilet cubical where she works to keep you in whisks and paper plates.

* they're not naturally ginger, she just likes me to dye them ginger in the hopes that having ginger balls on her face will offset the gypsy curse placed upon her family which causes her offspring to be ginger and unable to do anything apart from fry eggs and sell them for Ł12 each to liberal faggots.

Old 2012-03-28, 15:14
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Man, this would have been so much better if you gave Hancock freckles. Good effort, though.

Old 2012-03-31, 16:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Since this is a cooking thread wouldn't it be milk chocolate chip minis?

Old 2012-04-03, 10:30
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

So, the type of trolling we'd suspend or ban a regular member for, when it's from the mods, is okay?

C'mon, gentlemen!* This is a culinary thread! Is it so hard to ask you to temper your jew-baiting and insults in a culinary discussion, as I undoubtedly did? Is it so difficult to draw a connection between typically culinary subjects, such as oven, and Jews? Are you that brain-deficient? As a negroid and gingeroid, I submit that you are; but at least in the past you've managed to pretend at human level intelligence.

In any case, since you had absolutely nothing to say about the actual content of my post, I can only assume that Paddy is choking down Thing-balls as we speak, and Chris is doing whatever the snake-people from Conan the Barbarian do to survive. Which I'm pretty sure is dudes.

Every day I cook more delicious stuff than any of you've had outside the most special of special occasions. Would you like a description?

* And Paddy.

Old 2012-04-03, 11:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the limited edition Cosby Show boxset? The one which has the DVDs inside a giant puddin' cup and Bill's embossed face on the front with googly eyes which move around when you shake it?

Old 2012-04-03, 20:54
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Every day I cook more delicious stuff than any of you've had outside the most special of special occasions. Would you like a description?

Pfff, lets see it!

I don't know if any of you watched The Great Food Truck Race, but the winner, Jason Quinn (of the Lime Truck, which is excellent) won and started what now may be my favorite restaurant at the moment - Playground.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-04-04, 03:10
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Pfff, lets see it!
[/URL].

Yeah man put up or shut up. Tonight I made miso soup with soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms, a poached egg and morel/pu-erh broth instead of dashi. Boooo-yah!

... PB&J foie gras at Playground, you say? I am skeptical, but intrigued.

Last edited by DameFraMorkum : 2012-04-04 at 03:13.

Old 2012-04-04, 11:42
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah man put up or shut up. Tonight I made miso soup with soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms, a poached egg and morel/pu-erh broth instead of dashi. Boooo-yah!

Dat sounds guud. Did you make the broth from scratch or was it pre-made? The other night I grilled up some marinated carne asada and buche with some Oaxacan peppers stuffed with queso fresco and cotija cheese and some pork marinated in chilies. My girlfriend made some simple, though surprisingly amazing quesodillas out of some hand-made tortillas we got from the local Carniceria. Yeah, boi!

Quote:
... PB&J foie gras at Playground, you say? I am skeptical, but intrigued.

LA/OC is doing what Chicago once did with the anti-foie gras laws (to take place in June, I think?) so its been fucking EVERYWHERE lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foie gras handsoap sometime soon.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-04-04, 14:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I mixed leftover SOS with leftover beef stew and had a side of hearth wheat bread with butter on it the other night for our supper. You guys are way over my taste buds and price ranges.

Old 2012-04-04, 18:54
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Dat sounds guud. Did you make the broth from scratch or was it pre-made? The other night I grilled up some marinated carne asada and buche with some Oaxacan peppers stuffed with queso fresco and cotija cheese and some pork marinated in chilies. My girlfriend made some simple, though surprisingly amazing quesodillas out of some hand-made tortillas we got from the local Carniceria. Yeah, boi!

LA/OC is doing what Chicago once did with the anti-foie gras laws (to take place in June, I think?) so its been fucking EVERYWHERE lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foie gras handsoap sometime soon.

I would literally murder you for just 1 authentic taco! Do you think they keep in the mail? I'll trade you for some foie gras once they take it out of your greasy, goose-torturing hands! Maybe PST knows where they best Mexican food is in NYC? I've tried everything from trucks in Williamsburg, to that one place in Bushwick, to Rosa Mexicano but nothing compares to what you guys get in LA.

I made the broth from scratch from what I had on hand...I always have some frozen mushroom broth left over from reconstituting dried morels and porcinis, and I needed a cabbagey, seaweedy flavor since I couldn't find wakame either so I used pu-erh because it has that funky aftertaste and I thought it would complement the mushrooms. Felt like a goddamned genius.

Old 2012-04-04, 22:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
You guys are way over my taste buds and price ranges.

Naaah. That dinner I posted ran me just around $25, and I have lots of left-overs (and it got me through a bottle and a half of El Yucateco!). Eating great can be done cheaply if you know where to go. I think a good majority of my all time favorite dishes are from hole-in-the-walls which is why PST is wrong and just trying to impress me so he can get my creme fraiche all over his face.

Richard, do you remember when you were down here and I had no idea where to eat beyond a mediocre Italian place and Chipotle? Its embarassing to think about how long I went not knowing what a foodie paradise Orange County is. If you ever come back, its off to Santa Ana and Little Saigon we go.

Quote:
I would literally murder you for just 1 authentic taco! Do you think they keep in the mail? I'll trade you for some foie gras once they take it out of your greasy, goose-torturing hands!

Hahaha, I'm sure if you did over-night shipping it wouldn't be too much of a quality loss. I've never had day-old tacos that haven't been refrigerated but I have had 4 - 5 days old tacos that were and it worked. And you can keep your abominated goose liver! I got a dealer, he's got the real shit, man, the shit he serves is pulled out of the goose's body as it's heart still beats and you get to consume it as you watch the life fade from its beady, black eyes.

With the Mexican here, there's more than just those extraordinary tacos, though. Huaraches, pambazos, huetlacoche-everything, alambres, sopes, empanadas, birria stew, pozole, all things mariscos, moles... all envoking that same "OH MY GOD!" authentic, cheap, fresh quality that I literally don't think you can get anywhere else in the states (or at least in such close proximity and regional diversity, though I could be wrong, I haven't been to many border states). My new favorite find is this old-school lonchera that serves Baja style seafood that you'd find the actual natives eating outside of the resorts. They've got this HUGE tostada that is piled with scallop, marlin, crab, octopus, and shrimp with some kind of sweet, burny salsa and pickled onions. Holy fuck is it amazing. Its also home to what is the best fish taco I've ever had in my life and the only place I know of that serves manta ray (which really just tastes like a good white fish, though more "sturdy")!

Its the one thing I usually miss when I'm traveling. I lie to friends and family that I miss them. I just miss the tacos and above and I'm not ashamed of it!

Quote:
Maybe PST knows where they best Mexican food is in NYC? I've tried everything from trucks in Williamsburg, to that one place in Bushwick, to Rosa Mexicano but nothing compares to what you guys get in LA.

Did you try that Florencia 13 place I mentioned? The food columnist in that article is one of my favorites, a good writer with great taste and a walking encyclopedia of everything food (and also a great name on the OC/LA Chowhound boards when he's not writing for OC Weekly) so if he says that place is worthy of a SoCal expat's palate, I'd definitely check it out.

Quote:
I made the broth from scratch from what I had on hand...I always have some frozen mushroom broth left over from reconstituting dried morels and porcinis, and I needed a cabbagey, seaweedy flavor since I couldn't find wakame either so I used pu-erh because it has that funky aftertaste and I thought it would complement the mushrooms. Felt like a goddamned genius.

Nice! I'm pretty much newb 101 when it comes to broths.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2012-04-04 at 23:17.

Old 2012-04-05, 04:27
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Naaah. That dinner I posted ran me just around $25, and I have lots of left-overs (and it got me through a bottle and a half of El Yucateco!). Eating great can be done cheaply if you know where to go. I think a good majority of my all time favorite dishes are from hole-in-the-walls

Only sushi and foie gras are expensive and I don't eat either very often. My favorite places are also tiny hole in the walls, but usually you have to be in a big city to reap those kinds of benefits. Like sandwiches made with the best baguette in NY and exotic ingredients for $7 kind of benefits.

Quote:
My new favorite find is this old-school lonchera that serves Baja style seafood that you'd find the actual natives eating outside of the resorts. They've got this HUGE tostada that is piled with scallop, marlin, crab, octopus, and shrimp with some kind of sweet, burny salsa and pickled onions. Holy fuck is it amazing. Its also home to what is the best fish taco I've ever had in my life and the only place I know of that serves manta ray (which really just tastes like a good white fish, though more "sturdy")!

I hate you. And NO I haven't tried Florencia 13 yet, because I'm in Philly until August

Old 2012-04-05, 15:46
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
So, the type of trolling we'd suspend or ban a regular member for, when it's from the mods, is okay?

Absolutely.

Quote:
In any case, since you had absolutely nothing to say about the actual content of my post, I can only assume that Paddy is choking down Thing-balls as we speak, and Chris is doing whatever the snake-people from Conan the Barbarian do to survive. Which I'm pretty sure is dudes.

I do what I have to do to get by and that's ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

You didn't answer my queston about ginger Jews and, unfortunately, neither did Paddy's valiant MS Paint attempts.

Old 2012-04-09, 10:06
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

In answer to your question, it's actually not preferable, in these United States, to masquerade as a ginger. Maybe in dar al-Islam or something, but not here. You understand that the Irish came to this nation as slaves and never managed to raise their estate, whereas Jews literally own the country, yes? Anyway, I'm tired of this Daniel O'Connell/Benjamin Disraeli vein.

You did take me to the one great taco spot on my last day, Dyldo. That just made me even angrier about the Chipotle, but it was baller.

Florencia 13's not bad, but not very genuine; though NYC's just not a great place for Mexican food, even if it has its good points. You have to understand that different cities in the US attracted migration from different regions of Mexico; NYC attracted Pueblanos, primarily, and their specialty, in my experience, is cemitas. So I can't point you in the direction of any genuine taquerias (Empellon is supposed to be the shit, but it's run by a white boy molecular pastry chef), but I know a few places to get a banging cemita.

The whole 'hole-in-the-wall v. fine dining' thing is almost a pointless discussion. In this country, very few cities can sustain a single, genuine fine-dining restaurant, which puts it out of the reach of almost everybody as a direct experience. However, these restaurants train a huge number of cooks, who depart with an expert level of knowledge regarding technique, tradition, flavor combinations, etc - and very few of whom will have the opportunity, or even desire, to create another fine dining restaurant. This can only be good for everybody.

That said, there's always going to be the little ethnic place, staffed by shoemakers working with the cheapest and shittiest product, who'll dunk on everybody because they're still doing it according to a tradition we can't touch. It's a funny industry that way.

Old 2012-04-09, 10:20
blitz906
Okay.

I tried some bison sausage. It was delicious. And no, that is not code for "BassBehemoth came over to my apartment."

Know what I really want to try? Kangaroo meat. A few years back when my cousins from Australia visited they were telling me how they always buy kangaroo meat from their local butcher. Considering the fact that I'm on the other side of the world, I will most likely not be able to find it anywhere
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2012-04-09, 19:22
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
You did take me to the one great taco spot on my last day, Dyldo. That just made me even angrier about the Chipotle, but it was baller.

Aah, that's right. That place is one of my absolute favorites, and the fact that its open until like 4am gives me a reason to live.
Quote:
I know a few places to get a banging cemita.

Fuck I love those, not very common around here though, or at least not as much as tortas.
Quote:
I tried some bison sausage. It was delicious. And no, that is not code for "BassBehemoth came over to my apartment."

Know what I really want to try? Kangaroo meat.

I've had a bison burger and kangaroo jerky. The former was pretty good but I honestly can't remember what the latter tasted like unfortunately. There used to be this beef jerky shop out in the middle of fucking no where that had a lot of cool weird wild-game jerky like ostrich, alligator, kangaroo, etc but now its gone. I recently found out about this Vietnamese beef jerky place that has like 30+ different kinds that I'm excited to try. I have no idea what any of these are or what makes them Vietnamese but we'll see.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2012-04-09 at 19:28.

Old 2012-04-11, 05:16
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
In answer to your question, it's actually not preferable, in these United States, to masquerade as a ginger. Maybe in dar al-Islam or something, but not here. You understand that the Irish came to this nation as slaves and never managed to raise their estate, whereas Jews literally own the country, yes?

That's my point! Wouldn't masquerading as harmless, gin soaked gingers make it easier to secretly run this country without attracting the attention of hawk-eyed, conspiracy sniffing, patriotic Ron Paul supporters and Dystopia? You're a Jew who looks like a ginger. I'm a the blacks who looks like a Puerto Rican. I'm just saying, maybe you guys can use my help. Do you hire coloured folk outside of security?

Old 2012-04-12, 12:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Chris, why did you just use the British spelling of "coloured?"

I sure wish I could get hold of my husband's cousin's recipe for burger/hotdog buns. I've never had anything like them anywhere, and since it's closed up due to bakeries being put in grocery stores here and then his health, there's no getting them anymore. He said it makes 30 dozen at a time. They didn't use preservatives so after a couple days you'd have to soften them in a paper bag, but fresh, they'd melt in your mouth. It's such a shame he couldn't keep the old family business going.

Old 2012-04-18, 20:32
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Ostrich eggs!: http://www.unitedstatesostrich.com/...s.htm#fresheggs

1 = 2 dozen chicken eggs.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-04-19, 14:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

When I flew home from Seattle once there was a guy on the flight that was the center of attention both on the plane and at the airport. He was taking a live ostrich egg to a zoo or something like that in Dayton, Ohio. He had a gathering around him after we landed and everyone wanted to see it. It was pretty cool. It was for non-culinary purpose.

Old 2012-04-19, 14:29
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
When I flew home from Seattle once...
You can fly??? Jesus, your eggs must be about 240lbs each.

Just kidding, I know what you meant Broomsticks must get some pretty good mileage, eh?