MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2010-10-05, 23:56
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
At this stage it's more about the principle than anything else but it's trying to stem the evolution of a major problem in the long run; Facebook (and most of the web) is designed in such a way that people need to opt out of sharing personal information with everyone, which is obviously problematic when you're dealing with massive corporate interests like Facebook coupled with people who have only been using the net for a few years and still open .exe attachments from emails promising them nude pics of Michael Jackson's monkey. With Diaspora you can still share all of that info if you want, but you're in complete control of it and you aren't in any danger of sharing info to the wider internet by accident or through ignorance or unclear privacy settings. More importantly you don't have to hand over large chunks of your identity in order to make use of the software.

I think it's mainly aiming to rectify the problem of privacy on an individual level, so using Facebook for your political party or band isn't really a problem in those terms.

I sound like I'm trying to sell Diaspora; I couldn't give half a rotten shit either way

See, I have a problem with that on a principal level. People get screwed for behaving like idiots? Let them! It's good for character. People get a metaphorical hangover from not contemplating the implications of mixing private information with technology they don't really know the workings of? Jeez, my heart is bleeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
And you're one of the good guys.

It's amazing how many girls that have said that after the fact.

Edit: Don't know if anyone here is a fan of Ross Scott (Freeman's mind, Civil protection) but I just stopped by his site and saw this and thought, what the fuck, let's throw it to the sharks.
http://www.accursedfarms.com/music-composers-wanted/

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Last edited by Amadeus : 2010-10-06 at 02:37.

Old 2010-10-06, 05:19
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Looks like he just got back in contact with his composer, but thanks for the link. He is still considering others, but I'd assume he'll probably side with the original candidate for now.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2010-10-06, 06:36
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
PST- I ran my own kitchen for awhile and it was fun, but some good things end.

Also some bad things, like a place producing food for the public run by you.

As for a cookery thread: I'm all for it (it makes sense, given the other threads we have), but I'm not teaching you fuckers how to cook. I gave my last cooking lesson months ago, with duck confit in specific and rendering fat in general.

But if you incompetent chimps want to teach the even more incompetent chimps how not to kill themselves while preparing dinner, be my guest.

Old 2010-10-06, 11:19
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
See, I have a problem with that on a principal level. People get screwed for behaving like idiots? Let them! It's good for character. People get a metaphorical hangover from not contemplating the implications of mixing private information with technology they don't really know the workings of? Jeez, my heart is bleeding.
Spoken like a true eugenicist!

It's not that the users are too dumb to realise, it's mainly that the websites themselves are set up in a flaky way and don't make it clear how your info is being used. The aforementioned newbies are obviously more open to fuck-ups in that respect, but they're not the only ones. The Diaspora project was inspired by the following speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEMv0S8AcA

That guy explains it better than I do haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
As for a cookery thread: I'm all for it (it makes sense, given the other threads we have), but I'm not teaching you fuckers how to cook. I gave my last cooking lesson months ago, with duck confit in specific and rendering fat in general.

But if you incompetent chimps want to teach the even more incompetent chimps how not to kill themselves while preparing dinner, be my guest.
I'll find some way of wheedling that fucking three-cheese chowder recipe outta ya if it's the last thing I do and, given your medical history, it probably will be.

Old 2010-10-06, 13:24
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Spoken like a true eugenicist!

It's not that the users are too dumb to realise, it's mainly that the websites themselves are set up in a flaky way and don't make it clear how your info is being used. The aforementioned newbies are obviously more open to fuck-ups in that respect, but they're not the only ones. The Diaspora project was inspired by the following speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEMv0S8AcA

That guy explains it better than I do haha.

Some major social engineering is right at the top of the list once I assume dictatorship of this joint.

See - an interesting speech, by the way - Moglan actually nails it with respect to what I claim is the main problem. Right at the beginning he says, in passing just to illustrate how easy it is for the server owner to spy, that "Your calendar is up there, so everybody knows you don't have a date".
Tell me. Why in the frikkin name of everything sane and rational would you ever, EVER, get the stupid idea into your head to openly display your calendar on the net?
My point is that you have to consider going online exactly as you do going into town. Only in this case, your clothing consists of the information you put out there. I challenge anyone to find anything in my internet record that I couldn't look you squarely in the eye and say - "Yeah? So?" about. Well, there is one thing. I did have a fun little virus that liked to hijack my browser and send it to places like zootube; a hiatus after which my hope for humanity have never quite reached the height it once had.
Quite to the contrary, the image I show, in particular on places like FB, is a carefully engineered one, built on the assumption that anyone will be able to access absolutely everything for all eternity. When my kids start looking me up on the netz in thirty years? Damn, has the old man been this boring all his frikkin life?!
/Rant.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-06, 13:56
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Have I admit I won the foreign language contest at our school and now have an A in English?
And also we`re going to dissect pig hearts on Friday. WIN²!!!1
Whatever I still suck hard in German and Math. Only Medicine and Psychology are still interesting. And soccer.

What my actual point is that I`m really getting into Edgar Alan Poe. Yeeeah that dude with the Tell-Tale Heart story. Badass stuff if you ask me

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-06, 18:42
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Little Gomli is growing up! You can now speak, read, and mutilate the dead. This is all just repetition from now. Good luck.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-10-06, 22:22
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I gave my last cooking lesson months ago, with duck confit in specific and rendering fat in general.

Damn. How long do you usually store it for? That's a dish that takes patience, I imagine. I've still never had it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-06, 22:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I've still never had it.
I was so close to sigging this, until I remembered that I hate you and wish to remain oblivious to your ongoing existence which is an affront to everything holy and sacred, and that seeing your name in my sig every time I post would just be counter-productive to my primary objective.

Ahhh you're not a bad lad

I made chicken and sweetcorn soup today, and souped it up with carrots and onions, making it chicken, sweetcorn, carrot and onion soup. How fucking innovative is that shit? And no PST, I'm not able to emigrate to the U.S. and teach you my sweet skills. And even more no, I didn't use any ginger in my soup, and even MORE no it wasn't because I already had an abundance of ginger from my hairy Irish tongue. Pre-emptive strike baby!

Amadeus: you win, I gave up trying to debate Swedes when I realised that much like a broken clock you're always gonna be right at least twice a day. Plus I'm eager to move the conversation along so I can detail why I believe the sinking of the Titanic was caused by an alien spacecraft which was trying to mate with it.

Old 2010-10-06, 23:55
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Also some bad things, like a place producing food for the public run by you.

It was kids in a receiving home turned treatment center so it was all cool. Once it turned treatment we all had to get trained as child therapists, and the kids were scheduled to come in to work with me or the other cook. I have to say the more troubled ones had a blast smashing heads of lettuce and tearing the cores out, and the upset ones came out of the walk-in cooler smiling when I told them to go in there and scream for a minute. They probably stole a can or two of pop while they were in there, but it was still fun. We had one heck of a percussion section going on with utensils and pans, too. But the kid that wore the ground ham/bologna mixture from the Hobart was one of the funniest things that ever happened. That commodity stuff was mostly water and the other kid pushed the plunger a little too hard. And I let them listen to my metal cd's or basically whatever they wanted to that wasn't too vulgar. We had fun. I miss that.

Paddy, you pee in the pool anyways so I want no part of your urinary festivities.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2010-10-07, 00:24
Amadeus
Quantum.

You had a walk-in freezer, and you could actually get them to walk in there without a fight? And you didn't use this opportunity to simply freeze the little runts and have the problem fixed for good? What the...!

Quote:
Amadeus: you win, I gave up trying to debate Swedes when I realised that much like a broken clock you're always gonna be right at least twice a day. Plus I'm eager to move the conversation along so I can detail why I believe the sinking of the Titanic was caused by an alien spacecraft which was trying to mate with it.

Haha, fine by me. It was more a matter of needing to blow off some steam; I'd been sitting in this protracted debate with a representative from our brand new xenophobic parliament party and GODDAMNIT DID I WANT TO SEVER HIS INTELLECTUALLY HANDICAPPED HEAD FROM HIS CONVULSING BODY. The level of idiocy was sheer torture. I kid you not, I was truly fearing that with the way my blood pressure was going, I would end up being shipped off to hospital following acute blood loss caused by simultaneous bursting of several arteries.

Anyway, I contest that point. The purpose of the space craft was clearly to just have a look around to see if Elvis Presley was around.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-07, 00:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It was a cooler although we did have a walk-in freezer, too. Those kids figured out how to get up on the roof so I doubt a refrigeration unit would hold them.

The other cook and I did decide that if we had tornado or other emergency that's where we'd be. There were 5 gallon pickle buckets to sit on and plenty of bread, produce, and beverages. It was sturdy and in the center of the building with brick surrounding it outside against it on 2 sides. The freezer was on the other side.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2010-10-07, 04:43
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Not all walk-ins are equipped to be locked, and very few walk-in freezers are large enough to house the number of disturbed children to be found wherever LBs shows her face.

While you would traditionally let duck confit sit in its fat for a month (or however long you feel like it), you can use it pretty much the next day and it will be delicious, because you cooked it slowly in duck fat and then caramelized and crisped the skin. That's still a three day process, but not nearly as long as it could be. And once you've got it there's a lot you can do with it.

I make at least two soups almost every day, Paddington Pear. And the word isn't so much 'wheedle' as it is 'milk,' if you follow my meaning. Ginger

Old 2010-10-07, 13:41
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Little Gomli is growing up! You can now speak, read, and mutilate the dead. This is all just repetition from now. Good luck.

xOxO luvZz

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-07, 14:51
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Paddy, you pee in the pool anyways so I want no part of your urinary festivities.
I had a nightmare about you last night. I can't remember the exact details, but I'm assuming it was a nightmare if you were in it.

Quote:
I make at least two soups almost every day, Paddington Pear.
Is that an infantile euphemism for your bathroom schedule? If so, you have little to be boastful about; I make up to six soups a day and at least one pudding for afters.

Quote:
Ginger
A lovely little bit o' camouflage work there! Not for me obviously, seeing as how I use the white forum skin, but I choose to believe you knew that and that it was a private joke between good chums.

Has there ever been a ginger Jew?*

* This is my subtle way of asking if you'd like to make babies with me. Genetically I think it's possible, given that your shredded manhood is a pretty a convincing substitute for a vagina.

Old 2010-10-07, 15:08
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I've recently embarked on a most awesome journey...

...Listening to Morbid Angel's albums in order whilst on my commute into work (it's going to take a few days to ge through them).

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2010-10-07, 15:10
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I've recently embarked on a most awesome journey...

...Listening to Morbid Angel's albums in order whilst on my commute into work (it's going to take a few days to ge through them).
Holy fuck, where do you work? The centre of the earth?

BA DUM TISHSHSHSHSHSH!

Old 2010-10-07, 15:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That was almost as cool as backward masking.

johnm'- Bob would so share his Wham cd's when you're done with MA. Priorities. His g/f has him brainwashed into listening to country. It makes me cringe. Although they were having cheescake and strawberry daiquiris for breakfast yesterday so that's pretty cool.

Old 2010-10-07, 20:25
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I use the white forum skin

Who the FUCK uses the white board for MT? It makes it looks like any other boring forum which makes it harder to lie to yourself. We're all making fun of you.

There's nothing wrong with good country - aka Townes Van Zandt - but who the FUCK has daiquiris for breakfast, or in general? How could you let your bitch of a son do that? How?!

And who the FUCK doesn't let duck confit store for more than 2 months? Obviously some amateur cook. No one is better at making fried hymen and afterbirth stew than me. I let that shit age to age 11 until I take it out of the cellar and cook it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-10-07 at 20:31.

Old 2010-10-07, 21:23
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Okay. This is awesome: http://erkie.github.com

I just blew the fuck out of Metaltabs (though its a bit slow on it).
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-07, 22:05
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Dylan, that is fucking awesome. Thank you. I'm going to fuck shit up on Facebook.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-10-07, 22:05
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Who the FUCK uses the white board for MT? It makes it looks like any other boring forum which makes it harder to lie to yourself. We're all making fun of you.
WHITE IS RIGHT!

Dylan should fall into a pit full of one thousand of himself. And also get cancer.

I honestly find reading the green version difficult. It's like trying to read the headline on a newspaper being held by a gay backing dancer; too much ocular interference!

Quote:
Okay. This is awesome: http://erkie.github.com

I just blew the fuck out of Metaltabs (though its a bit slow on it).
You HAVE to try this on a porn site. No, seriously. Here's one with plenty of pics:

http://www.pornthunder.com/

Old 2010-10-08, 00:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with good country - aka Townes Van Zandt - but who the FUCK has daiquiris for breakfast, or in general? How could you let your bitch of a son do that? How?!

And who the FUCK doesn't let duck confit store for more than 2 months? Obviously some amateur cook. No one is better at making fried hymen and afterbirth stew than me. I let that shit age to age 11 until I take it out of the cellar and cook it.

They were on midnights at his old job so that was night time for them. He's got a brand new job as a "Homer Simpson" now. He's happy so I hope it works out well.

Old 2010-10-08, 02:55
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I'm playing with suffocation next month!!!!!!!!!!
Quick! suck my peen!

Old 2010-10-08, 06:53
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Damn, Wes. That's pretty fucking awesome. Congrats

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-10-08, 07:04
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Rendered duck fat has a tendency to go bad after six months, so you might want to let your confit sit as long as your hymen stew. But there's literally no need to let it sit longer than overnight if you don't want to. It's like stirring polenta continuously in one direction: unnecessary, but what most people think is the right way to prepare it.

Considering I've been logged into your account you know I'm aware of your White Screen Heresy. I was trying to keep that info away from the masses, however, lest they call for you to be burned for straying from The Green Path.

Old 2010-10-08, 08:06
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Holy fuck, where do you work? The centre of the earth?

BA DUM TISHSHSHSHSHSH!

I get through about 2.5 albums in one day's worth of commuting, depending on the album of course (I usually get through Insect Warfare's World Extermination about 7 or 8 times!).

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2010-10-08, 14:15
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
I'm playing with suffocation next month!!!!!!!!!!
Quick! suck my peen!

Fuck that`s amazing man. You will lose so hard against them

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-08, 21:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

7-string: Tits to you!

Come get your daily headache, Pads.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-08, 23:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I tried using the white screen and it made me feel dirty. The green screen is the emerald isle of metal.

Old 2010-10-08, 23:52
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Considering I've logged onto your chest...
Fixeded

Congrats 7SW! No, wait...are you playing with the band Suffocation or are you experimenting with autoerotic asphyxiation next month when your folks are out of town?

Fuck sake, you sit there getting our hopes up that someone from this dump could actually amount to something [other than a delusional oven jockey] when all you're really doing is playing strangly-wanks! FOR SHAME.

Quote:
I tried using the white screen and it made me feel dirty. The green screen is the emerald isle of metal.
A white forum screen makes you feel dirty yet you have no problem letting your sons roll their turds in newspaper and hide them in the garden? Sheesh!

Green is a strange choice, I don't think I've ever seen it in any other forum. Maybe that's the point of it. Still, reminds me of that really loose, watery ass-gravy you get after spending 3 days eaten nothing but pistachios and pea soup.

Old 2010-10-09, 05:22
Amadeus
Quantum.

Feel your pain, Tripple-X. I tried it too. I always have to go stand in the shower for half an hour when the memory surfaces. It's just so... not right.

Quote:
Congrats 7SW! No, wait...are you playing with the band Suffocation or are you experimenting with autoerotic asphyxiation next month when your folks are out of town?

Fuck sake, you sit there getting our hopes up that someone from this dump could actually amount to something [other than a delusional oven jockey] when all you're really doing is playing strangly-wanks! FOR SHAME.

A white forum screen makes you feel dirty yet you have no problem letting your sons roll their turds in newspaper and hide them in the garden? Sheesh!

Green is a strange choice, I don't think I've ever seen it in any other forum. Maybe that's the point of it. Still, reminds me of that really loose, watery ass-gravy you get after spending 3 days eaten nothing but pistachios and pea soup.

It's metal. A green forum is metal. How could you possibly not see this? Are you emo?
Apropos nothing very much, yesterday I was offered by my party's group leader to run for town council next election. Probably not gonna happen, but you know. Might be some more national TV time coming up!

And congrats to Seven string! Man, I would trade half my book collection and one guitar for that opportunity. And remember, pics and vids or it didn't happen!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-09, 06:41
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I did that as well, but I figured you wouldn't want everybody to know why I'm so absolutely certain of your Gingerhood, being as I've witnessed it firsthand.

White is the Devil's canvas. In a bad way.

Old 2010-10-09, 11:26
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
It's metal. A green forum is metal. How could you possibly not see this?

Absoluetly. Didn`t even know you can change the colour.

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-09, 12:25
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
It's metal. A green forum is metal. How could you possibly not see this?
The only time I've ever associated the colour green with metal is when I see a really old copper roof or your mother's barnacled contraceptive coil when it slides out of her yawning, gaping clown's pocket as she squats over a bucket for my amusement.

White, on the other hand, is associated with death and oblivion just as black is. It is therefore much more metally than green and it must then follow that I am in fact the only true metalhead on this forum.

Green is the colour of jealousy and absinthe, the two greatest indicators that someone is a faggy emo cunt. It's also representative of Dr. Bruce Banner's alter ego, The Hulk; a petulant, butt-hurt crybaby who can't take even the slightest bit of pressure and starts wrecking the place when he doesn't get his way.

I rest my case upon your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Absoluetly. Didn`t even know you can change the colour.
Try it Gomers. TRY IT! Just look at the very bottom-left of the forum and you'll find a handy skin selector:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/333/joinme.jpg

You won't regret it. Well, you might, but I won't regret you regretting it.

P.S. Let's put this "Paddy's ginger" nonsense to bed once and for all:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/...a19ee0f6e07.jpg

Old 2010-10-09, 12:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, you're a loid for sure.

Old 2010-10-09, 12:39
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Paddy, you're a loid for sure.
*Googles loid*

Hmmm, the fact that I had to Google it kinda proves the point before I even have a chance to defend myself.

LOID IS AS LOID DOES.

Old 2010-10-09, 14:03
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Try it Gomers. TRY IT! Just look at the very bottom-left of the forum and you'll find a handy skin selector:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/333/joinme.jpg

You won't regret it. Well, you might, but I won't regret you regretting it.

Seriously, changing the colour from Green to White was one of the most disturbing sights I`ve had since I`m on here. All this necrophiliac and pedophilic shit is nothing against changing the colour GO GREEN!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-09, 14:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's lonely up here at the top of Mount Awesome. Maybe some day one of you twats will join me and bask in the blinding whiteness of its snowy peak, i.e. change your forum skin from gay green to whoopass white.

Old 2010-10-09, 14:55
Amadeus
Quantum.

Aw, man, your're making this too easy. I live at the snowy peak of the world, and carry whatever awesomeness might be entailed in the blinding whiteness in my rightly and properly racially pure whoopass fair, white skin. Even if a green forum hadn't been metal before, it became so the day I graced it with my aryan presence. And stop whining about the h-word!
Ready to move on to the Elvis Presley-seeking space ship yet...?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-09, 15:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Now we're getting to the nub of it: you think you're a better whitey than me? My friend, I once had a job as a children's party clown and I didn't have to wear greasepaint, I'm that white. I couldn't get the bloodstains out of my cock for the better part of a year, but that's beside the point.

I can't believe that your side of the world still thinks Elvis is either dead or in exile. It was a fucking joke! He's been performing and appearing on talk shows for the past 25 years, but your poorly made non-slave labour televisions aren't able to receive signals from more than 10 miles away due to the inherently poor workmanship of your genetically inferior race of troglodytes ever since you stopped outsourcing to shitholes. Seriously, prepubescent Korean kids are the dog's bollocks when it comes to quality electrical goods, and no one does dog's bollocks better than the Koreans, especially in a sweet 'n' sour sauce with curly fries.

In other news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11490575

I'm not sure if this is even physically possible, but I'm almost certain that I have at lest two simultaneous erections right now.

Old 2010-10-09, 15:42
Amadeus
Quantum.

Yea, I can imagine. And it's burning the inside of my eyes. The horror.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-09, 19:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yea, I can imagine. And it's burning the inside of my eyes. The horror.
You have a burning eye? Sounds like cystitis to me.

Old 2010-10-10, 05:20
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Now we're getting to the nub of it: you think you're a better whitey than me?

Obviously not. Nothing's whiter than a ginger.

Old 2010-10-10, 13:06
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Exac...no, wait...FUCK!

Old 2010-10-10, 20:03
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canuks!

Just had a huge leg workout and now to gorge on turkey. Life is good!

And to the starving children across the world, go fuck yourself..survival of the fittest little bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-10-11, 15:41
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

lol Was that leg workout on a turkey? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours is next month if you decide you want to do it again.

Old 2010-10-11, 16:57
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I was wondering if Ireland has any similar kinds of festivals, and then I realised that seeing as how about 7/8 of us are living in New York City we probably just tag along with you guyses. We're pretty much the modern day pilgrims, gradually squeezing you out of your own country

I nearly moved to Canada in 2003. Illegally, obviously; I checked out the immigration requirements and they have this points system, which I failed so badly that they probably thought I was taking the piss. You punch in your qualifications, work experience, things of that nature, and you get a score at the end. If you get below a certain number they don't let you in for more than a few weeks at a time. I barely had two points to rub together!

I had a friend who was gonna hook me up with a job and somewhere to crash, but things went predictably southwards when the bitch turned out to be a...well, bitch. Just think BB, my totally-not-gay fantasies about your anus could have become a reality!

Old 2010-10-11, 17:45
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

If you're going to move in illegally, you might as well just lie on your application thingy. You could of had it all, Paddy, but the double-edged blade or morality has once again left you like so many of your victims: limbless and bleeding.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-11, 17:55
Amadeus
Quantum.

Paddy, the key question is in your own bloody sig. Now zip it and get crackig on that barbed wire fence around the Green Isle already, m'kay?

Quote:
Obviously not. Nothing's whiter than a ginger.

Oh but yes. I didn't mean I'm whiter than him, I mean I'm a better white than him.

Ah, a new group of math students next week. No, not for main course. To, you know, teach. Math and stuff. It's just a small extra job on the side, but there is something about seeing that dawning light of understanding in someone's eyes.

And now they're beginning to talk about the frikkin Eurovision song contest. I think I'll just hand in my own comment on the whole shebang and go hide under a rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA&ob=av2e

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-11, 18:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
If you're going to move in illegally, you might as well just lie on your application thingy. You could of had it all, Paddy, but the double-edged blade or morality has once again left you like so many of your victims: limbless and bleeding.
They check into shit like that though, so I was planning to just go for a holiday and not come back. That's what I'm gonna do when I move into your pad, assuming I can paddle to the coast on the back of a door.

Quote:
Paddy, the key question is in your own bloody sig. Now zip it and get crackig on that barbed wire fence around the Green Isle already, m'kay?
I'm still waiting for the raw materials to be delivered from Palestine.

Quote:
Oh but yes. I didn't mean I'm whiter than him, I mean I'm a better white than him.
Just because you've never appeared on some kind of register doesn't mean you can talk down to me from your high horse, ya handsome blonde CUNT.

Quote:
Ah, a new group of math students next week. No, not for main course. To, you know, teach. Math and stuff. It's just a small extra job on the side, but there is something about seeing that dawning light of understanding in someone's eyes.
Pfff, the day you can teach a monkey to do long division is the day I stop hanging around primary schools naked save for an unbuttoned trench coat and a massive afro.

Quote:
And now they're beginning to talk about the frikkin Eurovision song contest. I think I'll just hand in my own comment on the whole shebang and go hide under a rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfB7vF7nCdA&ob=av2e
Am I the only one who had to be told that Steel Panther was a gag band? I've seen actual bans from the 80s who were less convincing than this haha.

The Eurovision Song Contest is like the Olympics for homosexuals and trannies. Hahaha does anyone remember the big upheaval about 15 years ago because a tranny won the Eurovision? They wanted to strip her (?) of her (?) award because she (?) was once the proud owner of a big meaty cock. How retarded is that? Very, that's how.

Old 2010-10-11, 20:24
Amadeus
Quantum.

The day I can teach a monkey long division is the day I announce to the world that I'm the greatest pedagogical genius ever to have hot teacher students fawn at me. You do realize no one has ever been able to teach monkeys more than the most basic arithmetic right...?

Yea, EVERYONE else got it right away.
But yea, Steel Panther wipes their collective asses with Posion and Odin and Ratt and all the rest.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-11, 21:08
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
pedagogical
This sounds like an area of study I might be interested in. Does it involved sticky-assed prepubescent orphans and ham-flavoured ring gauges?

Quote:
You do realize no one has ever been able to teach monkeys more than the most basic arithmetic right...?
I was making a joke that your teaching venture is in fact you just going to the zoo with a calculator. Nevermind, it's ruined now. HORUNGE.

Quote:
Yea, EVERYONE else got it right away.
Haha I was being flippant for satirical effect, as is my wily custom. Do keep up, Patrik!

Quote:
But yea, Steel Panther wipes their collective asses with Posion and Odin and Ratt and all the rest.
I can't even bear listening to that shit, so I'll take your word for it.

Speaking of gag bands, and at the risk of sounding predictable/conventional, Spinal Tap are the fucking daddies. Seriously, I never laugh at musical-based humour (it's usually really embarrassingly shit) but these guys have me in stitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-whiAxTYlg

"I loved me a lass whose hair was long,
And brown as the finest stew."

It's almost surreal.

This is the band talking about the inspiration for the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHSHQczgKk

Haha fuck me, I wish they'd make a Spinal Tap movie every year, this shit never gets old.

Old 2010-10-11, 21:23
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
This sounds like an area of study I might be interested in. Does it involved sticky-assed prepubescent orphans and ham-flavoured ring gauges?

I was making a joke that your teaching venture is in fact you just going to the zoo with a calculator. Nevermind, it's ruined now. HORUNGE.

Haha I was being flippant for satirical effect, as is my wily custom. Do keep up, Patrik!

I can't even bear listening to that shit, so I'll take your word for it.

Speaking of gag bands, and at the risk of sounding predictable/conventional, Spinal Tap are the fucking daddies. Seriously, I never laugh at musical-based humour (it's usually really embarrassingly shit) but these guys have me in stitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-whiAxTYlg

"I loved me a lass whose hair was long,
And brown as the finest stew."

It's almost surreal.

This is the band talking about the inspiration for the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHSHQczgKk

Haha fuck me, I wish they'd make a Spinal Tap movie every year, this shit never gets old.

No. Not for you anyway.

Mission accomplished.

Yep, and I kept the satire up. But you just had to drop the ball. FAIL!

Seeing as there's a guy who's been studying tape worms for the last forty years, sitting at some long forgotten office at British Museum, I really wouldn't feel comfortable saying that my ventures in hair metal was any kind of self sacrifice. Just a little.

Didn't even know about those guys before. Wellwellwell. Everyday something new.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-12, 00:27
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Sorry, I couldn't concentrate on what you were saying because I was too busy filing and cataloguing all of my various talents in alphabetical order. It's taken me three months to reach the Ds, and I think I may have to utilise one of my R talents (namely my uncanny ability to Recruit fantastic staff) to help share the workload. Sure, here I am complaining about my meagre several thousand volume log of super-awesome talents when you must have much more work on your hands with regards to your own cataloguing, what with your extensive and well-honed talents for...maths. And stargazing. And how to rig an election for the opposition in exchange for blowjobs. Actually I think that covers it.

Oh, and being a BIG BLONDE BASTARD.

Old 2010-10-12, 01:47
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Nah, you forgot singing, dancing, playing instruments, organizing group performances (I'll just let you figure that one out), chainsaw playing around, and sitting, contemplating, perched on a precipice.

Old 2010-10-12, 05:38
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Oh, well, it's true that Ginger's are the niggers of the white race. Not much of an accomplishment being better at being white than one of those sorry excuses for the master race.

If you have so many talents, Ginger, why wouldn't Canada let you in? Perhaps because they're all imaginary, hmm?

Old 2010-10-12, 11:11
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I don't like to gloat, even on official documentation which calls for it. That's why my H list has three separate entries for Humility.

Alright, time to step out of the copper closet and defuse these slurs which have enjoyed silent empowerment for too long:

ICH BIN EIN GINGER! Wir mussen die Juden ausrotten! ICH BIN EIN GINGER! Wir mussen die Juden ausrotten!

So, there you have it, I'm not ginger and I like the films of Jude Law. Don't fail me now, Babel Fish!

Old 2010-10-12, 11:18
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well he is dreamy.

Old 2010-10-12, 11:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Nothing like waking up to the smell of dog feces at 5:30 in the morning and knowing it's not going to be a pleasantly little solid mess to clean up. A girls' gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Poor ole puppy dog. I don't know where I got this cast iron stomach.

Old 2010-10-12, 15:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Nothing like waking up to the smell of dog feces at 5:30 in the morning and knowing it's not going to be a pleasantly little solid mess to clean up.
Your sons try to make you breakfast in bed and this is the thanks they get. Ingrate. Dog-shit omelet is perfectly edible when it's made from children's love. When it's made from Uncle Gerry's love that's another matter.

Old 2010-10-12, 15:49
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
ICH BIN EIN GINGER!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...28193318AAuPhOO

That`s all I can say about that.
Also you guys know why Harry Potter isn`t realistic? Well, Ron Weasley, THE GINGER has friends

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-12, 17:29
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A member of Yahoo! Answers who has watched that infamous episode of South Park and ungracefully regurgitated its bigoted propaganda as if it were his own is proof of something? No. A thousand times NO!

And before you even think of posting a link to The Protocols of Carrot Top let me just be the first to tell you that it's a forgery. Sorry to burst your bubble. Actually, no I'm not, POP POP POP.

ICH BIN EINE BEGLAUBIGTE BOTANIKER!

Old 2010-10-12, 18:46
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
ICH BIN EINE BEGLAUBIGTE BOTANIKER!

Haha wtf? How do you came up with this (not the translated, I mean the sentence in its matter of meaning)

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-12, 20:22
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I cum on a sheet of construction paper and then press it into a bag of Scrabble pieces. Whatever sticks becomes my next groundbreaking, award-winning idea.

Old 2010-10-12, 20:42
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

Alright damn it - what the hell does RTT and PST stand for ?

*hides*

Old 2010-10-12, 21:00
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Haha don't worry, I've been here for 6 years and only figured it out recently myself. RTT means "Random Talk Thread" or "Reply to This" depending on who you ask. Either way it's just a thread for random retardation, as I believe I've amply demonstrated. They generally last about 300 posts, at which point a new one is made with a new and usually meaningless title.

PST is just the username of one of our mods (PST 88 to be exact). He's the gentlest, most willing to "suffer fools gladly" mod you'll ever encounter. He's also a covetous Jew who has a strange obsession with ginger people. Worth remembering if you ever wanna throw some racial slurs his way.

Old 2010-10-12, 22:28
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

HAH ok - I thought it was Retarded Thread Topic at first - and thanks for the heads up - I have no regard for racial sensitivity, but I keep it in check

Old 2010-10-12, 22:41
Amadeus
Quantum.

All things considered, I think SaE's interpretation has every chance to catch on.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-12, 23:54
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Me, too. Sounds fitting.

Old 2010-10-13, 03:37
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Unfortunately it's wildly inaccurate. 'RTT' has always, and will always, stand for 'reply to this.' The original thread was from the atmetal days, and was an attempt by some post whore to create the most massive thread the forum could sustain by encouraging everybody to respond any time they visited the forum. Eventually it got its huge post count when slayme, THE INFILTRAITOR, irish_bunny, and myself had a three or four page conversation, thereby cementing it as a chat thread, but also as a serial thread, as it grew too unwieldy to manage, and a second 'reply to this,' now abbreviated to 'RTT,' thread had to be begun in order to give the poor server a much-needed break.

Alas, time destroys all, and eventually heathens, knowing only the thread's initialism, tried to backronym it into new meanings, just as you, in your ignorance, have done. And there are so few of us left to fight the good fight. Fortunately the forum has been blessed with the continual presence of PST, who's ever willing to relate a bit of forum history to the infidels.

'PST,' by the way, stands for Paddy's Shade Tension, a sly reference to his unwillingness to acknowledge the ginger shade of his ginger skin. Because he's a ginger, you see.

Old 2010-10-13, 10:44
Amadeus
Quantum.

It's the reformation coming up ya Ratzinge-biatch!
What I have to wonder though - keeping in mind the RTT #100, how large could the first one possibly have been to cause such troubles? Or was there an upgrade in between? Share yer wisdom, o wisey one!

A ginger obsessed with whiteness. It's quite sad, when you think about it.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-13, 11:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

What PST doesn't know is that the forum existed several months before atmetal came into being, and on that forum RTT stood for Retard Time Trials and consisted of discussion about what would happen if you put someone with Downs syndrome into a Formula One tournament. It's an insider secret. It's an insider insider secret, in fact. Even insiders don't know about it. I do.

In my defence [which isn't actually necessary because I'm right] I asked what it meant a few years back and Steve - that CUNT - told me it stood for Random Talk Thread. What a cunt. I hope he dies of car crashes, which is likely.

Paddy's Shade Tension is a genuine term, but it has sweet fuck-all to do with people called Paddy. Paddy is the manufacturer of Jew-be-Gone! Shade Tension which is a special make-up designed to mask the Star of David birthmark which all Jewish people have on their foreheads, alongside 666 and the little nubs where their horns were sawn off at birth. The "tension" part of it is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the way in which the make-up is applied; in order for it to really seep into he skin the wearer must furrow their brow and sweat a lot. This is usually achieved by having someone posing as a gentile stand behind them with a big net.

P.S. Not ginger.

Quote:
It's the reformation coming up ya Ratzinge-biatch!
What I have to wonder though - keeping in mind the RTT #100, how large could the first one possibly have been to cause such troubles?
Not as big as your MUM.

Quote:
A ginger obsessed with whiteness. It's quite sad, when you think about it.
Not as sad as your MUM.

Old 2010-10-13, 12:05
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, everybody seems to think it stands for 'Random Talk Thread,' and the fact that the original is over a decade old doesn't help matters. Really it doesn't matter what you think it stands for; it doesn't really stand for anything but itself these days.

Just for fun, here is an archive page from ten years ago, displaying the original RTT #100. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to open the thing, but don't be greedy.

As for how large the original could have been: keep in mind that the server was much smaller and less reliable in those days. Why, we had to trudge twelve miles through digital snow just in order to log in back in those days! The fact that the original intent of the thread was to become as large and unwieldy as possible, it was a case of both 'mission accomplished' and a mass outcry of rage when the original thread had to be closed. Fortunately, nomad walked among us in those days and was able to soothe the swelling outrage with his magic fingers. But that's a tale for another day.

Old 2010-10-13, 12:18
Amadeus
Quantum.

Wow, ten years. It's fascinating to compare the netz then and now, not least in terms of technology. Sheit, ten years, aren't we talking "Did-did-scrrrrr-Deai-Da-Dat-Data-Da-Da" just for connecting back then?

Quote:
What PST doesn't know is that the forum existed several months before atmetal came into being, and on that forum RTT stood for Retard Time Trials and consisted of discussion about what would happen if you put someone with Downs syndrome into a Formula One tournament. It's an insider secret. It's an insider insider secret, in fact. Even insiders don't know about it. I do.

In my defence [which isn't actually necessary because I'm right] I asked what it meant a few years back and Steve - that CUNT - told me it stood for Random Talk Thread. What a cunt. I hope he dies of car crashes, which is likely.

Paddy's Shade Tension is a genuine term, but it has sweet fuck-all to do with people called Paddy. Paddy is the manufacturer of Jew-be-Gone! Shade Tension which is a special make-up designed to mask the Star of David birthmark which all Jewish people have on their foreheads, alongside 666 and the little nubs where their horns were sawn off at birth. The "tension" part of it is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the way in which the make-up is applied; in order for it to really seep into he skin the wearer must furrow their brow and sweat a lot. This is usually achieved by having someone posing as a gentile stand behind them with a big net.

P.S. Not ginger.

Not as big as your MUM.

Not as sad as your MUM.

I'm not entirely sure how to classify this, but I'm fairly certain it should entail the word "Freudian".

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-13, 12:39
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Well, I think it should entail the words 'denial,' 'appearance,' and 'Ginger,' though not necessarily in that order. 'Cunt,' also.

Old 2010-10-13, 12:44
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Just for fun, here is an archive page from ten years ago, displaying the original RTT #100. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to open the thing, but don't be greedy.
Is irishbunny the same person as our current bunny?

That archive website is a pain in the dick, it never seems to go more than one or two links deep, which kinda makes it useless as a proper research tool. It's still great if you just want to get a flavour of how the web looked back in the day!

http://www.porn.com/

There's something profoundly upsetting about that fact that this quaint little 56K-friendly website was soon replaced with gaping anuses and brutal purple-faced deepthroating videos.

Just out of interest, does anyone remember when they first started using the webses? I think for me it was around '96 or so, I seem to recall trying to make my own website at my friend's place, long before I got my own connection set up. I also think my school had internet access around that time; I set up my first email address there. Amazingly I used the same address until around 2004 haha. I only changed it in an effort to hide from people I had fallen out with, otherwise I'd probably still be using it. It was super-imaginative, too: paddy_mcmullan@hotmail.com

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure how to classify this, but I'm fairly certain it should entail the word "Freudian".
I have absolutely no penis what you're talking about.

Quote:
Well, I think it should entail the words 'denial,' 'appearance,' and 'Ginger,' though not necessarily in that order. 'Cunt,' also.
Hey hey, what's with the name-calling? What the fuck did I do to deserve this shit??

Oh...

Old 2010-10-13, 16:14
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

I bet I can beat all of you - I used to be on what we used call a BBS. It was like a 10 node network that you would dial in to - not on 56k Charles - on 14.4k and back then that was FAST considering I grew up with 2400.

And yes we were getting lots of nAuGHty filez. Animated gifs you could load in DOS were the "holy crap" of the time and you don't even know what it was like watching photos load at that speed.

Good times.

Then when there was the first internet dial up server and altavista was the google of the time it was all about PersianKitty.com which I think is still around!

Old 2010-10-13, 18:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I remember being at my neighbor's and her letting me use her internet to look at local and Ohio college websites for the guy I was dating between marriages so that was probably about 1990 to 1995.
My own use was after my sons' were using it and I found a music/poetry forum which I've been haunting for probably about 9 years now. I was also on ICQ. I forget why I came on here unless it was to spy on walpurgis and post lyrics/poetry on another site to see if anyone here liked it or if people were being nicey nicey.
Looking at that page from the archives makes me wonder why wally wanted to know how to create a website and who Peabody is. I'm thinking that might have been when he was going to Peabody's Down Under to concerts and it was random. He should have just asked his dad or I and we could have directed him to the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show - which reminds me of the Atif and Walpurgis Show which was equally amusing and should be required reading on this wunnerful forum. I'll shut up now.

Old 2010-10-13, 19:14
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, Paddy, that is our current Bunny.

I think I started using the webs around '97 or '98. Mainly to look up DBZ information and chat with school mates on AOL. I remember thinking Webcrawler was the greatest thing ever.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-10-13 at 19:18.

Old 2010-10-13, 20:15
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

LOL webcrawler was such garbage - do you remember Hotline? It was one of the first file sharing programs "go to this porn banner and the pw is the fourth word "I want to ____ your _____ "

Old 2010-10-13, 21:15
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Nah, never came across that.

http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

You type 582 characters per minute
You have 110 correct words and
you have 3 wrong words

BEAT THAT!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-13, 21:26
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

GAY

You type 445 characters per minute
You have 67 correct words and
you have 12 wrong words

Old 2010-10-13, 21:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I think the first web browser I ever used was Netscape Navigator, and I don't think I even knew what a search engine was for the first couple of years. I mainly used directory sites which basically listed URLs for sites of interest haha. Some of those sites are still active actually, this is probably one of the most popular/refined:

http://www.dmoz.org/

I think the internet would be a much better place without Flash and similar wank, but that's probably the only thing I miss about the old days. Same with networking hardware; try having a long distance relationship over an 11K line which drops out every 10 minutes and takes another 10 to reconnect! Painful, painful shit. The slow-loading porn wasn't that big a deal, because we didn't know any better and were just happy to have access to it without having to pay haha.

Quote:
Nah, never came across that.

http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

You type 582 characters per minute
You have 110 correct words and
you have 3 wrong words

BEAT THAT!
I'm not even going to post my score...

I'm actually ashamed. I've been typing more or less every day since at least 1987 (ahhh the ZX Spectrum) and I barely got half of your score Dylderton, I guess I just never practised proper typing. Same with playing guitar - I don't think I've ever sat down and "practised", I just learnt the notes of Metallica songs and brute forced my way through 'em.

Then again, Dyldo is a Starcraft player. It wouldn't surprise me if you were half Jap, to be honest.

Old 2010-10-13, 22:19
SoarAndEnvision
Metalhead

YEW MUST KONSTRUKT ADDITIONAL PYLONZ

Old 2010-10-13, 22:22
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

£100 to the first person to go to their doctor with the following complaint:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bowel_syndrome

Old 2010-10-13, 23:19
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I'm not even going to post my score...

I'm actually ashamed. I've been typing more or less every day since at least 1987 (ahhh the ZX Spectrum) and I barely got half of your score Dylderton, I guess I just never practised proper typing. Same with playing guitar - I don't think I've ever sat down and "practised", I just learnt the notes of Metallica songs and brute forced my way through 'em.

Then again, Dyldo is a Starcraft player. It wouldn't surprise me if you were half Jap, to be honest.

Well, I did learn to type "properly" (home keys, baby!) in elementary school, but I can't imagine that helped too much. I've always had strong muscle memory with things like instruments, typing, masturbation, etc.

I'd be KOREAN! HALF-KOREAN to reach that crazy APM. Insensitive dingle-berry custard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarAndEnvision
YEW MUST KONSTRUKT ADDITIONAL PYLONZ
Fuck, I hate hearing that.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-14, 14:57
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Anyone else see Paddy on South Park last night? Now we know who really plays Kyle. (nice accent, btw, Paddy. ) http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/...hotos/paddy.jpg

Old 2010-10-14, 15:46
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I'd be KOREAN! HALF-KOREAN to reach that crazy APM. Insensitive dingle-berry custard.
I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE YA SLANTY-EYED FUCKER!

Quote:
Anyone else see Paddy on South Park last night? Now we know who really plays Kyle. (nice accent, btw, Paddy. ) http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/...hotos/paddy.jpg
I haven't seen it yet, although I'm fully aware that Kyle is a ginger, unlike me what definitely isn't.

Hold on a cotton-pickin' minute - you've seen pictures of me! You know I have no ginger hair on my balls or ass, thus it must follow that my sweet dome hasn't sprouted a carrot patch either. There's no such thing as a half-ginger, except in rare cases such as that of the curious New Yorker known only as "Dick", aka Massive Dick-faced Dick of Dicksville. Legend has it that if you order a slice of his carrot cake from his gingers-only restaurant - the Red Rover - it comes with a single strand of coppery red hair tied in a bow as garnish. It tastes like shit, because he's actually quite incompetent and doesn't even know how to boil an egg without it exploding in his face, but the experience alone is almost worth the $33-per-slice prices.

Old 2010-10-14, 18:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, you know I've never seen unclothed parts of your lower anatomy. The only thing I saw had eyes, a nose, hmm, now that you mention it they didn't look quite right. And you're supposed to use the spray on hair only if you have some hair. You look ridiculous like you've painted a helmet on your head. And the bunny ears aren't fooling anyone either.

Old 2010-10-14, 18:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

South Park was pretty funny last night, especially because I've actually seen parts of The Real Housewife's of New Jersey and they're seriously like that.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-10-14, 19:42
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

soooooo much beer

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-14, 19:55
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
South Park was pretty funny last night, especially because I've actually seen parts of The Real Housewife's of New Jersey and they're seriously like that.

I saw that episode too, it was funny and disturbing. "you know man... its... its just a Jersey thing. you gotta be from Jersey!" haha. It helped to get a little stoned beforehand, as I always find entertaining before a show like South Park or Family Guy.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-10-14, 21:25
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Kyle's mom kicked some ass!!! lol I've seen blurbs on ET about Jersey Shore and the Housewives shows once in awhile. I would never go out of my way to watch it, but from what I've seen of Snookie that's pretty right on.

Old 2010-10-17, 16:44
Amadeus
Quantum.

Right, so, since you're a bunch of psychopaths too, maybe you can explain something to me. It pops up everywhere, but let's just take Facebook as a somewhat malodorous example. About the status bar. And what you write in it. Little snippets of utterly meaningless trivia that I really, truly and honestly cannot understand why anyone would be interested in. Right, so, it's Friday and you're thinking about having a glass of wine before dinner? Why, WHY, why in the name of everything sane and rational did you have to pull out your I-phone and announce it to the world?
Anyway, let's jump up to the present day and the immediate cause for my mental tilt. I just stumbled on a fresh study from a university, concluding that little tidbits of personal trivia is good for the social networking. So I went back to Da Wall and started browsing all those little updates from my friends that I usually ignore. (I use it to keep in touch with the political sphere, so on any given day there's lots and lots of interesting and good stuff posted besides the private crap) I zeroed in on one young woman publishing a diary type blog. So, in the light of the prerogative of intellectual honesty, following the conclusions of that paper, I clicked in and had a look. Ten minutes later and I STILL DON'T GET IT! Why? Why is it a good thing to publish every little detail about your life on the net? It's one thing when you're a close friend with someone, or talk a lot on a regular basis. It's this megaphone-style "Look at me I exist" shit-chat I just don't understand.

Help!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-17, 18:11
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Right, so, since you're a bunch of psychopaths too [...]
Help!

I have a theory about that.
I think it makes people feel important, when someone "likes" their statuses because that means that somebody on planet earth cared about their lives for a few seconds and thought e.g. "lol cool he`s eating diarrhea crisps, I`m so going to like this status". Yeah that`s my basic idea about that but you have to go deeper to understand it. Probably deep in our souls we want to be observed your whole life and we`re just waiting to here comments on what we`re doing and then at the end of our life when we feel the cold hand of father death on our shoulder someone finally clicks the like button on your life and you can die happy. MEANING OF LIFE 2.0 MUTHAFUCKAA!!1
Personally I think Facebook is pretty useful to stay in contact with your classmates and talk about schoolstuff (i.e. talking in this message chat that you can open up) or where you are going to drink the next time.

Edit: I just wanted to say I like rugby

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-17, 18:20
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Help!
Despite the fact that I'm pretty much always right about everything I've ever said I'm not actually a psychologist, but that's not gonna stop me from having a go:

The last line of your post kinda sums it up for me - "look at me, I exist". We're a social animal, and with the exception of religious nuts who choose to be isolated hermits in the mountains we need - not desire, but need - social interaction, for someone to witness our presence in society and to afford it some kind of worth. These little bite-size nuggets about nothing in particular are a way of getting tiny little hits of that stuff we crave with little effort/cost. They don't have to lead anywhere, or to be of any significance, in order for us to feel that we've blown that particular load. With the example you gave about wine before dinner, to me this says "this is the kind of thing I do with my day" which is both a way of connecting with similarly minded people and of feeling that what you do with your day is worth noticing.

Or:

We're an inherently narcissistic cabal of mindless, sheepish emotional retards who need validation from the same in order to distract us from the crushing banality of our worthless existence; an existence comprised of a slow death paid in instalments of endless wet and grey Sunday afternoons. The internet has provided fertile ground for the seeds of self-absorption and the means by which it may be fed to bursting.

I can't decide which!

To be fair to the Facebookers, a lot of the posts on this forum could easily be taken as equally pointless pitter patter. I'm not entirely sure what "pitter patter" actually means, but stick with me: I've seen and posted hundreds of replies here which barely extended to one sentence in length, and which contribute exactly fuck-all to the conversation, but something in us makes us do it. Just having our usernames seen and our vacuous opinions heard does something for us. Why else would I have typed all of this shit?

A good example is the Movies thread - a lot of the time we just list movies we've seen, like or dislike. That's not a conversation, that's...well, making a list. I think it serves the same impulse as the shitty little Facebook status updates.

Old 2010-10-17, 19:29
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I kinda disagree about the movies thing. A lot of the posts are about current things and are more like reading movie reviews that wouldn't need a comment to follow unless someone really wanted to. I'm nt much of a movie person as far as going to theaters so it doesn't mean that much to, but I do pop in there occasionally.

I've seen what I'd call lamer types of posts on places like FB, but I think it would be one thing to read that Gommers was having a beer - no big deal, L,B' is having a beer - now that's a whole nother thing for those that know me and my drinking habits.
My favorite types of things to post are stupid things I've done or esoteric enlightenments I've had. Usually both are half a bubble off. Of course, I also have prayer requests, music posts, or any number of things. I don't get the one word things or a couple like "yeah, well" unless I follow it with some trivial bit of booboo.

I have found a lot of friends I've gone to school with on there and relatives like crazy so that's a nice way to exchange that way.

I've read a few tweets and really can't be bothered there. And actually if it wasn't for all the people I do know on FB I wouldn't bother with it because it's had more crap wrong with it than any forum I've been on. I guess some things you just go with the flow.

Old 2010-10-17, 19:29
Amadeus
Quantum.

Hm. Shit, Paddsy. There might be a good point in that last paragraph. Somehow, though, this place has never given me that awful feeling. Maybe it's the regularity that gets me. It takes the form of someone keeping their Friend list up to date on what's happening in parliament, which quite a lot in my list do on a daily basis. But it's... personal. Private, even. And sure, for those that limit their Friends list to actual friends, I don't think I would react the same.

THERE it is, at least part of the core - it's the combination of this frantic friend adding coupled with the rest. I know I'm being self centered here, but I felt it was a given that when I decided to start expanding my list as much as possible, to get as wide an audience as possible, it would also mean that the FB-account should be treated as for example a public workplace. But I think this is what makes me wanna puke - it seems like the goal is to let as many people as possible know that you've just walked the dog.
To go a little on the defensive, I think this place is more relaxed, 'cause at the heart of it, it's a metal community. I dunno, it just always seems that whatever city I've come to, in whatever country, find the local metal club or similar and there's always a few good people to have a beer and a chat with.

Anyway, don't get hung up on my ramblings, I know I think too much!

Lordi has one good song, Hard Rock Hallelujah. That's it. Sad, when you think about it. Ha!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-10-17, 19:38
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Amadeus, you have a whole different agenda than what most have since you're so involved with politics. It might merit having more than one account - one political and one social. I know a musician on there that has one of his own, one for his band, and one for his solo stuff. Others have one for self and one for their business. When you're doing it for more public access you can expand your friends and should just because of what you're doing, but for a person to just add anyone randomly I don't get that. I've known at least one person that had problems with their account doing that and I personally got rid of someone I knew that was making rude remarks to me as well as other female friends. It still seems odd, but I don't need anything or anyone like that around even on the net.