MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2010-01-06, 14:11
knives
New Blood

Tuner Question (Machine heads)

I'm thinking about getting some locking tuners for my Schecter Diamond series guitar. Reason being, it just does not stay in tune very well. I play in Drop C (I know, everyone here probably hates that tuning) with 12 gauge strings. This is not just a one time thing, either. Every set of strings I have on there I have a lot of trouble with keeping in tune, especially the F string (G in standard)

So here are my questions. If I get either a locking nut or a locking tuner set, is this likely to help with my tuning issues? If so, which one is preferable? Also, will 12 gauge strings be too big for many tuners/nuts?

Thanks!

Old 2010-01-06, 19:53
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I think most people her have evolved from there tuning prejudice. You can rest easy.

Before you go getting yourself a locking set, which I don't really know much about, you might want to get your intonation checked out because that's likely the problem and if it is, will save you some cash.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-01-07, 01:01
knives
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I think most people her have evolved from there tuning prejudice. You can rest easy.

Before you go getting yourself a locking set, which I don't really know much about, you might want to get your intonation checked out because that's likely the problem and if it is, will save you some cash.

Ah, well that's good to know.

I have had my intonation set before, and it didn't really do anything to fix it unfortunately, so I don't think it is that...

Old 2010-01-12, 22:29
knives
New Blood

Any help guys?

Old 2010-01-14, 14:32
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Well which Diamond Series guitar do you have? They make about a million different types as "Diamond Series" only implies that it's one of their mass produced gits. Is it a sub-$500 guitar, (in which case you're best to spend your money on a new one instead of a locking system)?

Old 2010-01-15, 17:27
knives
New Blood

Good question. It is a Hotrod '39.

I got it used for around $400...but I think I got fucked, quite a few people said they got them for around $300-350. Personally though, I really like the guitar and I would rather not get a new one...