Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

AMERICAN CARNAGE!! Megadeth, Slayer and Testament

ZOMG JIZZZZZ

JANUARY
18 WaMu Theatre, Seattle, WA*
19 Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR – tickets sold via rosequarter.com
21 Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA*
22 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA* (tickets on sale 11/21)
23 Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, AZ**
25 Magness Arena, Denver, CO*
26 Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM*
27 El Paso Coliseum, El Paso, TX*
29 Verizon Wireless, Houston, TX**
31 Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, TN*

FEBRUARY
1 Gwinnett Arena, Duluth, GA* (tickets on sale 11/20)
2 Broadbent Arena, Louisville, KY* (tickets on sale 12/4)
4 Roy Wilkins Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN* (tickets on sale 12/4)
5 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL* (tickets on sale 12/4)
6 Cobo Arena, Detroit, MI*
9 Chevrolet Theatre, Wallingford, CT**
11 Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ*
12 Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY*
13 Susquehanna Center, Camden, NJ*
14 Tsongas Arena, Lowell, MA*
16 Pavillon de La Jeunesse, Quebec City, QC – tickets sold via Billetech.com
18 John Labatt Centre, London, ON – tickets on sale 11/27 via JohnLabattCentre.com
19 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON – tickets sold via Ticketmaster.ca
20 Bell Centre, Montreal, QC – tickets sold via Admission.com
22 Moncton Coliseum, Moncton, NB – tickets sold via MonctonColiseum.com
23 Metro Centre, Halifax, NS – tickets sold via TicketAtlantic.com

Old 2009-11-17, 02:56
Pr0az
Post-whore

Fuck and to think I'm going to NY early January why the fuck couldn't they have gone then? Bet the shows gonna be a blast.

Old 2009-11-17, 13:14
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

New Slayer album is shit but hell fucking christ I really want to see one of this shows Megadeth & Testament and fucking SLAAAAYER

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-11-26, 22:51
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
New Slayer album is shit but hell fucking christ I really want to see one of this shows Megadeth & Testament and fucking SLAAAAYER

Silly European!

I have my floor ticket. Last date on the tour. Hopefully Tom's back holds up until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2009-11-26, 23:59
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I've recruited over 20 people already!

Old 2010-01-08, 01:16
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd postponed for the second time!

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-01-08, 01:59
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Old 2010-01-12, 02:45
The Execrator
Noob lud

this is such shitty news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-01-12, 15:39
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah that's pretty gay... was to be going for my birthday. Tom needs to learn that headbanging is stupid anyway. Although I'd headbang for limitless morphine too... Praise Jesus!

Old 2010-01-12, 17:42
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

This is the punishment for WPB

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-04-28, 14:24
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Anybody seeing them in Lowell, MA this August?

Old 2010-06-02, 02:45
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

July 26 for Halifax...I can't believe this tour is still going on after being postponed twice!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-06-06, 00:13
Requiem
Post-whore

Tom has really let his age catch up with him. Geddy Lee and Neil Pert are still going strong.

Old 2010-06-06, 04:14
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Tom has really let his age catch up with him. Geddy Lee and Neil Pert are still going strong.

Geddy Lee and Neil Pert haven't been in an extreme metal band for over 25 years.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-06-06, 09:05
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I`ve seen Slayer live on TV yesterday and Tom seemed pretty okay. No problems visible and he wasn`t just standing around at all

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-06-06, 14:29
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Geddy Lee and Neil Pert haven't been in an extreme metal band for over 25 years.

rush did make the 'cut'

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1206

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2010-06-08, 15:18
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

haha, come onnnnnnnnnnn. That is bs.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-06-17, 07:27
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I wouldn't consider Rush a truly metal band, but they certainly have a lot of truly metal songs. to be fair to Rush, the music they've been playing is far more technical than the most extreme shit Slayer has ever written, and they've been doing it for about 10 years longer. Honestly, I think I'd like to see Rush live almost as much as Slayer. Almost.

Old 2010-06-17, 13:33
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I wouldn't consider Rush a truly metal band, but they certainly have a lot of truly metal songs. to be fair to Rush, the music they've been playing is far more technical than the most extreme shit Slayer has ever written, and they've been doing it for about 10 years longer. Honestly, I think I'd like to see Rush live almost as much as Slayer. Almost.

word.
If I had to chosse between beating up some guys in a pit to Dead Skin Mask or watching Alex Lifeson play some really high technical but still great music, i`d still go for Slayer

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-07-26, 02:12
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Finally seeing this show tomorrow!

It's been 6 years since I've seen Slayer. Fucking stoked for Testament and Megadeth as well!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-08-15, 06:25
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I was irritated that the tickets and website had the show time listed as 7:00 PM. We entered the stadium at about 6:50 and Testament were already halfway through their set. What the fuck?

Testament and Slayer were great.

Megadeth made me cum in my pants 18 times and I'm STILL FUCKING HORNY.

I'm kind of curious why Slayer are headlining; no offense, I just think Megadeth has more name recognition and probably sells more albums, merch, and show tickets. I'm a big fan of both, so no big deal- just struck me as funny.

Old 2010-08-16, 04:21
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I totally agree. I saw Slayer back in 2004 and they were much better overall as well, just because Tom acknowledged the audience. He talked about how we didn't get a lot of bigger metal shows and that they would love to come back(lol they all say that..) This show, he didn't even say a word really. It was like they came to play their music and get going. Mustaine was quite vocal with our crowd, and even more so Chuck Billy. I mean, at the very least say the name of the city you are playing in..

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-08-17, 03:06
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
I totally agree. I saw Slayer back in 2004 and they were much better overall as well, just because Tom acknowledged the audience. He talked about how we didn't get a lot of bigger metal shows and that they would love to come back(lol they all say that..) This show, he didn't even say a word really. It was like they came to play their music and get going. Mustaine was quite vocal with our crowd, and even more so Chuck Billy. I mean, at the very least say the name of the city you are playing in..

I didn't even mention that, but I noticed the same thing. Dave and Dave were both very animated toward the crowd; Ellefson was always trying to get us pumped up with hand motions and trying to get us to chant, throw up horns, or sing along. Mustaine was quiet throughout the Rust album, then said "...that was Rust in Peace. We hope you enjoyed it!" and from the rest of the set on, was very, very interactive with the fans.

Chuck Billy, for the short part Testament's set I caught, was equally vocal and interactive. When they played "Into the Pit", he told the floor crowd to form a wall of death, then commanded each side to KILL EVERYONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL. Then they charged each other and threw pussy little slaps and punches and elbows like socially stunted and athletically disfuctional metal fans are supposed to. Even with all the weak shots, it still looked violent as fuck and I'm sure a few people left in need of stitches. It was fun to watch. One of the dudes in the pit looked almost exactly like the former wrestler One Man Gang, and was close to the same size, too. He was at least 6'3" and 350lbs.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.c...onemangang.html

Slayer weren't as vocal, though Tom did thank the fans at the end of the set and we were treated to a nice encore. Mustaine actually made it sound like WE were gracing HIM with OUR presence and not the other way around! Even though it's all part of their craft, to play up to the fans and suck up to the hometown, it seemed like he really meant it. Megadeth actually sounded cleaner, heavier, AND tighter live than on their albums. I honestly thought that was impossible. Does that happen a lot at metal shows? I wouldn't have the experience to know.

Old 2010-08-17, 03:41
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Some bands really sound more crushing than on their records. One of the best examples, I've found, with the old and, more impressively, the new, is Suffocation. Good God can they slam live. The second best example is Pig Destroyer. When Scott Hull was doing the sound check I literally could not believe that the shaking in my chest was from one guitar and one amp. Naturally, this fact depends largely on the venue as I've had conflicting experiences with the above mentioned bands.

What's kept you from going to more shows, Chris? I don't know where New Beford is... is it that far away from any major cities?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-17, 04:01
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
What's kept you from going to more shows, Chris? I don't know where New Beford is... is it that far away from any major cities?

No, not at all. I'm an hour from Boston (two hours in bad traffic), 45 minutes from Providence, and a little over an hour from Worcester, all of which regularly hold good metal shows.

The main reasons I haven't gone are financial and the fact that I don't have a lot of friends interested in metal. There are some shows I would be very willing to go to by myself, though, if need be. Even my friends that like some metal probably would be a hard sell to see some Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Decapitated, or anything extreme.

Last edited by Chris Rezendes : 2010-08-17 at 04:08.

Old 2010-08-17, 06:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I seen Megadeth in Dec and it was, as always, an awesome show. I'm a little pissed this tour isn't coming to STL.

The best thing about the last Megadeth show I seen was I met and talked with Dave and Shawn after to show. They were tired but still made time for the fans that hung around.

Old 2010-08-17, 18:20
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
No, not at all. I'm an hour from Boston (two hours in bad traffic), 45 minutes from Providence, and a little over an hour from Worcester, all of which regularly hold good metal shows.

The main reasons I haven't gone are financial and the fact that I don't have a lot of friends interested in metal. There are some shows I would be very willing to go to by myself, though, if need be. Even my friends that like some metal probably would be a hard sell to see some Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Decapitated, or anything extreme.

Ah, I feel ya, although sometimes I actually enjoy going to shows alone a lot, kind of like going to see a movie on your own.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-18, 00:55
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

I'll be at that Long Beach, CA show in 2 weeks, belligerent as hell and regretting it by the end of the night due to the fact its on a Monday and I'm going to have to work in a few hours . Looks to be great, I'm just always happy to see bands I like a lot, especially these 3, which have never let me down in the past. I heard Slayer did ALL of Seasons in the Abyss and Testament played The Legacy in its entirety. Is there any truth to this?

Old 2010-08-18, 03:20
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I doubt Testament did the whole Legacy album... they have a shorter set (about 45-50mins) than Slayer and Megadeth, plus they apparently wanted to focus on playing more new stuff. It worked surprisingly well; I only caught half the set in Boston, like I said, but they worked three newer songs in with Practice What You Preach and Into the Pit. The newer songs sounded quite good live; I will be checking out their new album. It definitely would have been nice to hear a couple of songs off of The Legacy and Souls of Black, my two favorite Testament albums.

They might have been playing the whole Legacy album during a much earlier leg of the tour, like during the spring. Then again, I'm not sure if they were around. A lot of bands rotated into and out of the tour; I seem to remember Metallica, Anthrax, and Exodus all being part of tour at some point, but not at the same time. I could be wrong about that, though.

Last edited by Chris Rezendes : 2010-08-18 at 03:22.

Old 2010-08-19, 00:27
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

I have a brand new, never before opened, copy of the new album I could sell to you for very cheap. Interested?

Old 2010-08-24, 18:43
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Not really. I mean, I appreciate the offer, but once you factor in shipping, it'd work out about the same. Why are you selling it, anyway? Did you end up with two by mistake? I've downloaded it already and enjoyed it anywhere between mildly and wildly from song to song. I will be getting this one somewhere. Maybe I will buy yours.

Old 2010-08-26, 05:07
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Yeah I had bought it when it came out, and recently a friend of mine gave it as a gift. I told him I had it already and he just told me not to worry about it and do whatever I please with it. I'd be willing to sell it however much S&H is plus $3 or something

Old 2010-08-27, 18:44
ana007
New Blood

I saw this show when they played in Canada (NS), and it was sweet. I didn't see slayer when they came here in 2004 or whatever so I don't have a good comparison, but yeah Tom didn't seem to be enjoying it that much. Megadeth stole the show here though.

Old 2010-10-11, 02:26
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana007
I saw this show when they played in Canada (NS), and it was sweet. I didn't see slayer when they came here in 2004 or whatever so I don't have a good comparison, but yeah Tom didn't seem to be enjoying it that much. Megadeth stole the show here though.

Guys this is my gf btw.

(srs)

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2010-10-11, 11:44
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Guys this is my gf btw.

You only say that, so we watch our words towards her or else we get fucked our asses Manowar style?

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-14, 02:38
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

haha she probably won't post anytime too soon..busy with university. She's a 3rd year bio student.

Anyways, I wish I saw the show from this tour again.

Quote:

RIP moe.