MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2003-01-02, 01:06
TötenKopf
New Blood

Question Kahler Trems.

I hear people talk about Kahlers, and how they're better than Floyds, well im pissed with my floyd and im thinkin bout gettin a new guitar, probably a hard tail that im gonna convert to whammy, but im not puttin a Floyd on it.

Can someone gimme a review, or a descrption thing about em? Im lookin at the flat mount model, like on Jeff Hannemans ESP and Kerry Kings B.C. Rich, and Marty Friedmans Jackson.

Old 2003-01-02, 04:03
Piper5150
Senior Metalhead

hmmmm i had thought i saw floyds on kings v o well
on my strat i have a floyd rose and its a good whammy
but the down side of it is...
YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO RAISE PITCH
if u raise the pitch on a floyd your dangering your guitar bridge it will literally come off i remeber steve vai playing and his floyd came rite off all that was left was the whammy and the strings attached to the locking nut the guitar was on the floor lol

i think a kahllar is suppose to ease the raising of the pitch but thats my gueass why everbody likes em i dunno im sticking to my floyd lol

Old 2003-01-02, 04:06
Piper5150
Senior Metalhead

o and also if u raise the pitch ure strings will break faster than norm. i love pantera but i try my best not to go to insane with the "dimebag squeel" =)

Old 2003-01-02, 04:42
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Piper5150
i remeber steve vai playing and his floyd came rite off all that was left was the whammy and the strings attached to the locking nut the guitar was on the floor lol

when did that happen?

Old 2003-01-02, 04:48
Squall
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Piper5150
hmmmm i had thought i saw floyds on kings v o well
on my strat i have a floyd rose and its a good whammy
but the down side of it is...
YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO RAISE PITCH
if u raise the pitch on a floyd your dangering your guitar bridge it will literally come off i remeber steve vai playing and his floyd came rite off all that was left was the whammy and the strings attached to the locking nut the guitar was on the floor lol

i think a kahllar is suppose to ease the raising of the pitch but thats my gueass why everbody likes em i dunno im sticking to my floyd lol

there is no big problem with get a higher pitch with the floyd...if u push it down a lot your guitar might only be detune....also if your strings break, that depends a lot on your way of pickin or your hands sweeting....is not only the floyd.....//

Man....have you put attention to Steve Vai´s guitar??? his guitar has a huge hole for the floyd....but I mean HUGE...not as the common floyd that we have....so, u can pull the floyd more than normally u can on a common guitar....thats why his bridge went off from the guitar.....well I just wanna tell than u can use your floyd rose with all the confiance u want....well....if u have an Ibanez Jem...thats another story....//