MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2002-12-25, 02:59
reign in blood
Metalhead

christmas gear

I know there are already amp threads and i'll prolly get mighty flamed but none of them are for certain price ranges so here it goes. I'm lookin to spend between 400 and 550 dollars on a new amp. what are your suggestions what are some good amps for that price range. i'm gonna go check out some amps at guitar center on friday and just would like a little feed back to know what i should try out. p.s. just for your info i like play cannibal corse,morbid angel,death, sepultura(old), slayer, benediction,and some pantera.

Old 2002-12-25, 03:32
Clad in Shadows
Senior Metalhead

Check out some Marshalls

Old 2002-12-25, 22:18
crispen411312
Metalhead

If i was in your position, i would invest in a Roland JC amp, theyre jazz amps but they have the best clean sound ive ever heard, meaning if you were to run any distortion through it, its gonna sound exactly how its supposed to sound. It would go for the JC-90, it has the 10" bass speakers so you can put alot of bass through them and you get a nice crisp sound, which can make for a pretty heavy palm mute, especially if you EQ it.