MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2009-06-18, 20:36
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Growing up

I feel kinda weird, I just noticed I don't really want another pointy ass V guitar. I'm in the market for a mid-priced guitar and I was trying to figure out what to do because Jackson's prices are gay. Then I realized I want an LTD Eclipse. because the Les Paul shape is just where I'm at right now. I'm tired of my RR's. Do you think an EC 401 would do?, it's korean so I'm sure the import quality is pretty good. Better than china....

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ESPEC401

I'm also tired of floyd's. I don't have a problem with them at all, I love em but all my guitars have FR's and duncans. So I think this will fill a lot of gaps in my arsenal. Thoughts?? And don't tell me to get an ESP or an LTD 1000 series, the abalone on those things is GAUDY!!! F'n nasty lookin' shit

Old 2009-06-20, 17:54
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I love pointy guitars. But at the end of the day it's often a hefty trade off of balance and oversized cases verses comfort and standard cutaway accessibility. Growing up, getting old, we might all do that unless paid not to (Dave Mustaine, for example.) But then, look at the last few years of Jack Owen in Cannibal Corpse. Les Paul, AC/DC shirt, slippers... didn't stop him playing heavy music. Oh wait, in the end it did.

Do what you want, at your peril

Old 2009-06-20, 21:41
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I still love my pointy dudes....I just want something a bit chilled out for a my next guitar. I was looking at a BC rich JR. V and I decided I want an eclipse...but I'm not rich, so I'm getting an LTD.