MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-06-22, 19:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I am so psyched. There's a pair of red-tailed hawks hanging around here. They're huge and noisy critters. I hope to have some pictures soon.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-06-22, 20:06
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Yeah, I've known people to go on robbery sprees purse and car stealing at the mall, cutting themselves, or being so overly paranoid they were just about having seizures from the self inflicted stress they put themself through. And there's no reasoning with anyone like that. The violence gets intensified as well as strength. One guy I know lost 2 days sleeping without even knowing it. So after the buzz with no eating for 3 days and the sleep his nutrition reserves were also crap and he was weak for awhile. It ain't worth it.

From simply staying awake for a few days? Damn, I need to rethink my life situation. Then again, maybe not. Postal 2 always was something of a favorite.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-06-22, 20:25
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

The delirium and starvation really got to them. They were also doing the partying that seems to go along with it so I'm sure that just added to it. I don't think it was just the staying up that did it, but it didn't help. 5 days without eating? I can hardly go 5 hours!

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2009-06-22, 23:59
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I got some pics of a red-tailed hawk on Saturday. I was exiting a museum and it flew over my head and landed on the roof the museum. The museum itself was pretty fun and offered some great pics; I especially loved the Dimetrodon, Deinonychus, and Ceratosaurus. Good shit.

Old 2009-06-23, 00:07
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Old 2009-06-23, 08:31
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

sorry about my drugged-out drug ramblings, people

I would just like to let Requiem know, however, that I was doing adderall because it increases dopamine, serotonin, and neuroepinephrine levels in your brain... not just to be cool.

I thought we were pals, Reqtum!

nah, but seriously the disclaimer about my indifference to being called an idiot was true, so no worries

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2009-06-23, 08:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Now I know where I've been going wrong all these years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

Old 2009-06-23, 08:40
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Gotta try that sometime, but I think I have to practice those noises first

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-06-23, 11:14
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

My doodoo makes this noises if I want it to do

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-23, 11:18
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Do you guys know "Arachibutyrophobia"?
It`s the fear of peanutbutter sticking in your mouth

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-23, 12:30
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Sometimes the wisdom of mt baffles the imagination.

Excpt for the thumping sound that spider sounds like the ole guy snoring. lol Maybe that's part of a mating ritual that I've been clueless to. The only response it gets from me is to tell him to roll over cuz I can't hear the tv!

Old 2009-06-23, 15:52
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Now I know where I've been going wrong all these years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

Call it a work syndrome, but what really got to me was the way he almost perfectly mimiced a chainsaw sputtering to life and throttling up as mounted his mate. That's just great. How am I going to get any work done tomorrow? Whaammm (spider) Whuun bludder (Spider) Whrrrraaaom (SPIDERMAN, does whatever a spider can...)

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-06-23, 16:46
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Wow, you're right. That does sound like a chainsaw.

Old 2009-06-23, 18:01
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Call it a work syndrome, but what really got to me was the way he almost perfectly mimiced a chainsaw sputtering to life and throttling up as mounted his mate. That's just great. How am I going to get any work done tomorrow? Whaammm (spider) Whuun bludder (Spider) Whrrrraaaom (SPIDERMAN, does whatever a spider can...)
HAHA! I was actually expecting Bobbi to be the one complaining that she can no longer use her souped-up Vibratron™ without thinking of jumping spiders mating.

So, are you a lumberjack Amadeus? A tree surgeon? Or just a psychopath who lives on a remote farm which seems to attract hot teenage girls during the summer months who are just begging to be sawn in two or three pieces what with their low-cut tops and firm, glistening asses and such?

Old 2009-06-23, 18:47
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Nope, never saw the need for one. I heard you had one and kept chipping your teeth.

Amadeus is a chainsaw wielder from waaay back.

Old 2009-06-23, 19:29
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Amadeus is a chainsaw wielder from waaay back.
He's a time-travelling lumberjack?? There's a Pixar movie waiting to happen!

Old 2009-06-23, 20:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Not time traveling, but that does sound like a movie idea.
My mom's been working me this afternoon like a stepchild. 81 degrees and I've hauled 3 massive loads of lumber. Everything from 2x2's to 2x 12's, 2 ' long to 8'. If I don't have a heart attack tonight I'll be amazed.

Old 2009-06-24, 08:40
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
HAHA! I was actually expecting Bobbi to be the one complaining that she can no longer use her souped-up Vibratron™ without thinking of jumping spiders mating.

So, are you a lumberjack Amadeus? A tree surgeon? Or just a psychopath who lives on a remote farm which seems to attract hot teenage girls during the summer months who are just begging to be sawn in two or three pieces what with their low-cut tops and firm, glistening asses and such?

See my sig. I drew that conclusion a year or so ago... standing in the backyard cutting up logs three to four feet wide in the root end, 12-layer kevlar pants, kevlar and steel reinforced boots, about 30 degress (C) and no shirt, and Cannibal Corpse playing loud through an open window... no one is gonna tell ME I'm girly just 'cause I've gots long hair. Wether this attracts hot teenage girls might be a question for debate.
Besides, the farm I work on really isn't remote enough.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-06-24, 12:25
blitz906
Okay.

Is anybody else here into the old classic British humour? Monty Python etc. My father sent me a link to this show I had never heard of called Absolutely. Now I can't stop watching it on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-06-24, 12:44
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

you must mean absolutely fabulous. funny indeed

Old 2009-06-24, 13:01
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor

Nope, this one is simply called Absolutely.

Gwyn the twitching Welshman. (Very cheesy jokes)

Calum Gilhooley at the post office.

Calum Gilhooley booking a flight.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Last edited by blitz906 : 2009-06-25 at 07:56.

Old 2009-06-25, 03:19
guitar_demon
MotörCat

just watched the movie taken, killer film
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2009-06-25, 09:26
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Nope, this one is simply called Absolutely.

Gwyn the twitching Welshman. (Very cheesy jokes)
Hahahaha fuck, this is great! I don't know how I never heard of this show before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Absolutely Fabulous was a staple of my Friday night viewing when I was a kid. No school for 2 and a half days, Ab Fab + Shooting Stars + Red Dwarf, etc. Fuckin' awesome viewing.

Old 2009-06-25, 10:56
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Hahahaha fuck, this is great! I don't know how I never heard of this show before.

Haha yeah, I can't stop watching clips of this John Sparkes (Gwyn) is brilliant. Here's some more of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3p...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY8lMQqKdU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulQzUygukA (This one gets really good at 2:55)
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-25, 15:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I watched the first 2. I sent that post office one to hubby since that's what he does and I KNOW he's got customers like that. I'll watch the rest later on. They're great. Never heard of that show. I thought you meant Absolutely Fabulous, too. Darn TimeWarner took away Britcoms here. Gotta love the net.

Old 2009-06-26, 01:51
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I don't want to move back to New Bedford.

Old 2009-06-26, 02:11
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I watched the first 2. I sent that post office one to hubby since that's what he does and I KNOW he's got customers like that. I'll watch the rest later on. They're great. Never heard of that show. I thought you meant Absolutely Fabulous, too. Darn TimeWarner took away Britcoms here. Gotta love the net.

Haha yeah Calum is great, but Gwyn makes me laugh harder, because I know quite a few Welsh people (family and non-family) and they do ramble on and on about the most trivial of things and tell the cheesiest goddamn jokes you've ever heard
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-26, 10:46
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I don't want to move back to New Bedford.

Just don`t fuckin do it

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-26, 11:02
blitz906
Okay.

Did you even get a reply to your ad yet Paddy?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-26, 11:05
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Fake?

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-26, 11:06
blitz906
Okay.

Haha I'm not sure.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-26, 12:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
... I know quite a few Welsh people (family and non-family) and they do ramble on and on about the most trivial of things and tell the cheesiest goddamn jokes you've ever heard

MY GOODNESS I THINK I'M WELSH!!!! In fact, I think I'm their queen.

Old 2009-06-26, 12:47
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
MY GOODNESS I THINK I'M WELSH!!!! In fact, I think I'm their queen.

Haha

Well the next time you're over there, send me a few crates of Brains Bitter Ale, and a few blocks of Caerphilly cheese for my old man. He's pissed off that they don't sell it here anymore
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by blitz906 : 2009-06-26 at 12:52.

Old 2009-06-26, 13:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Cheese for cheese? Extra sharp Black Diamond cheddar from Canada?

Old 2009-06-26, 15:07
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
just watched the movie taken, killer film

I saw that film in theaters. It caught me by surprise and made me walk out with a huge smile.

Old 2009-06-26, 15:19
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I heard PeeWee Herman movies did that to ya, too.

Old 2009-06-26, 18:11
Requiem
Post-whore

His big Adventure did.

Old 2009-06-27, 01:53
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Cheese for cheese? Extra sharp Black Diamond cheddar from Canada?

Hah, I haven't had that stuff in ages Now I want some lol.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-27, 14:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

My father in law brought some back from Canada years ago and I made myself sick eating that with crackers and pepperoni. Man, it was good though.

Old 2009-06-27, 14:57
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
My father in law brought some back from Canada years ago and I made myself sick eating that with crackers and pepperoni. Man, it was good though.

How did that make you sick?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-27, 15:10
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I ate too much and got a belly ache.

Old 2009-06-27, 19:22
The Execrator
Noob lud

Ah, finally got a night off of work

Just played drums along to the first 3 actual songs of Opeth- My Arms, Your Hearse. Hit all the double bass parts spot on for the first time, woo!

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2009-06-28, 07:24
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Classic Opeth!

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-06-28, 08:38
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Little Death Metal playing list (all everything this band created)
1.Bolt Thrower
2.Cannibal Corpse
3.Obituary
4.Dismember
5.Hypocrisy
6.Deicide
7.Unleashed
8.Six Feet Under
9.Morgoth
10.At The Gates

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-28, 09:08
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
1.Bolt Thrower
2.Cannibal Corpse
3.Obituary
8.Six Feet Under

Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-28, 11:47
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Classic Opeth!
All Opeth!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2009-06-28, 11:58
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-28, 14:06
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Last edited by Wolfsherz : 2009-06-28 at 16:07.

Old 2009-06-28, 18:45
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-28, 19:52
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-06-28, 20:40
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:

^ Gotta copy link and paste but lulz regardless

Old 2009-06-28, 23:20
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
All Opeth!

w00t

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-06-29, 03:33
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz

Quote:

Haha
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-29, 18:14
PantericA
Post-whore

canadian carnage tour tonight!!! megadeth and slayer... always a good time \m/

Old 2009-06-29, 18:47
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I`ve just watched the line-up!
Suicide Silence suck but Slay and Megadeth

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-29, 20:45
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantericA
canadian carnage tour tonight!!! megadeth and slayer... always a good time \m/

You fucking bastard!! 4 shows and they're all in canuk land

Old 2009-06-30, 07:39
PantericA
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
You fucking bastard!! 4 shows and they're all in canuk land

hey now canada needs a good tour to roll thru it every once in a while. the show was wicked as expected. 2nd time seeing both slayer and megadeth. can hardly talk my throat is so sore. the only bad part was they could have played longer sets. and i only seen suicide silence for about 30 seconds... i just poped my head thru the curtain on my way out cuz i had to go get my money from the mini-van lol. had to buy an over priced t-shirt. machine head was also there, they ripped it up pretty good too. slayer played last but highlight for me was the encore of holy wars. all in all, was a wicked concert.

Old 2009-06-30, 10:52
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Pics dude!

Just finished my last day at school today...one week until I get my mark-sheet. And than Holidays

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-30, 16:15
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Gomli, you flunked English for sure.

Old 2009-06-30, 17:50
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Yeah but still got the second best mark at it

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-06-30, 18:06
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Far out. I think I had classes like that.

Old 2009-06-30, 21:35
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Jack Daniels kicked my ass last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-06-30, 21:49
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Lightweight. So do you remember it happening?

Old 2009-07-01, 05:58
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I remember the start. Not the finish. I've felt like death all day.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 09:27
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Could it be that Carcass got all their older Lyrics from an medical-lexicon?

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-07-01, 11:59
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Could it be that Carcass got all their older Lyrics from an medical-lexicon?

They did actually. Most of their songs on the first two albums were influenced by reading medical journals and such.

Those first two albums fucking RULE!
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 12:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
They did actually. Most of their songs on the first two albums were influenced by reading medical journals and such.
HAHAHA! Is that true?? That's as bad as people who leaf through the bible or some ancient mythological text looking for gods, battles and demonic creatures to write about. It kinda takes something away from the artistic merits of the lyrics, no? I mean, they have no conceivable connection to the subject matter until they explicitly attempt to "stumble across" it in an article or a book, and then incorporate the cool sounding stuff into the vacant slot where their lyrics should be.

Or something.

Old 2009-07-01, 13:05
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
HAHAHA! Is that true?? That's as bad as people who leaf through the bible or some ancient mythological text looking for gods, battles and demonic creatures to write about. It kinda takes something away from the artistic merits of the lyrics, no? I mean, they have no conceivable connection to the subject matter until they explicitly attempt to "stumble across" it in an article or a book, and then incorporate the cool sounding stuff into the vacant slot where their lyrics should be.

Or something.

Haha yes, it's true. It doesn't really bother me because I don't really listen to the lyrics I just love the music composition on Necroticism and Heartwork. The vocals were pretty damn good too.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 13:09
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Haha yes, it's true. It doesn't really bother me because I don't really listen to the lyrics I just love the music composition on Necroticism and Heartwork. The vocals were pretty damn good too.
Same here, music is the most important part for me, the lyrics I could take or leave. I like Lisa Gerrad, she sings in a made-up language, but her voice is what gets me. There are songs for which the lyrics are the most important part, and there are lyrics which I do enjoy, but generally speaking the music is my main focus.

Old 2009-07-01, 14:54
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:

Or something.

Damn no. Early Carcass lyrics are, without a shadow of a doubt, the funniest death metal lyrics EVER. Some of the early Cannibal Corpse was downright hilarious in its own right, but in a much more unintentional way (Shredded Humans, Rotting Head = INSTALULZ).

Other than Tankard, Carcass may have been the funniest metal band ever.

Old 2009-07-01, 14:58
blitz906
Okay.

Well they didn't actually take lyrics from these medical journals. But they got quite a few ideas from these books, so I've read.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 15:02
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Well they didn't actually take lyrics from these medical journals. But they got quite a few ideas from these books, so I've read.

Sounds right to me. That's the story everybody hears and the only part refuted by Carcass is that Bill Steer was a medical student at the time.

I was only disputing the greatness of their lyrics, not the source.

Old 2009-07-01, 15:13
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I was only disputing the greatness of their lyrics, not the source.

Oh okay haha, I must have mininterpreted what you said. Did Steer write the lyrics on Necroticism?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 15:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I have to disagree with your comments about running with an idea based on a minute idea, but I do understand what you're referring to. It would be like me writing in depth about skiing when I have no concept of what it the experience is. But sometimes a spark of idea can lead to further research on a subject -like the one about the mortician I posted - it becomes a learning experience as well as entertainment. Obviously I'm not really that old (shut up you!) to have been there, done that, but I can grab a few ideas and run with them.
You guys are mostly musicians whereas I'm more of a lyricist. I think that's why I tend to pay attention more to lyrics. Sometimes even a great piece of music will be broken for me by screwed lyrics. If there's an instrumental of the piece I'm all over it.
Lisa Gerrad does have a great voice, Paddy. I was trying to think of her name the other day and forgot to ask ya.

Old 2009-07-01, 15:29
blitz906
Okay.

I don't usually pay attention to vocals. The instruments are always top priority. Guitars get my attention sometimes, if they're impressive, but the rhythm section has always been the most important to me. I've always been drawn to music in which the drummer & bassist have a solid presence together.

And who says tastes aren't genetic?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-07-01, 17:45
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Best CarcassAlbum = Symphonies of Sickness

UltraLullzLyricalThingy = Every ManOwar song or the first 4 CC cds

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-07-01, 19:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
And who says tastes aren't genetic?

Unless I meet up with bio-parentage that have tastes from Al Jolson to Pops Fiedler to In Flames to Fraggles I'd be more inclined to think it's environmentally influenced.
I brainwashed my kids into certain musical tastes to give them their start prenatally and when I worked at the Home and the kids were around me I purposely put some music on that was different from what they heard on their radios just to broaden their horizons a little. Of course, they did the same to me otherwise I'd have never heard some of the stuff I did.
But country western still sucks.

Old 2009-07-01, 21:37
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Other than Tankard, Carcass may have been the funniest metal band ever.

...Gwar?

Quote:
I have to disagree with your comments about running with an idea based on a minute idea, but I do understand what you're referring to. It would be like me writing in depth about skiing when I have no concept of what it the experience is. But sometimes a spark of idea can lead to further research on a subject -like the one about the mortician I posted - it becomes a learning experience as well as entertainment. Obviously I'm not really that old (shut up you!) to have been there, done that, but I can grab a few ideas and run with them.
You guys are mostly musicians whereas I'm more of a lyricist. I think that's why I tend to pay attention more to lyrics. Sometimes even a great piece of music will be broken for me by screwed lyrics. If there's an instrumental of the piece I'm all over it.
Lisa Gerrad does have a great voice, Paddy. I was trying to think of her name the other day and forgot to ask ya.

Indeed, Iron Maiden and Fear of the Dark is a prime example of this for me. I love the music, one of my happiest memories of a guitar was the first time I actually managed to play the intro to it. But the lyrics, the lyrics... come on.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-07-02, 15:26
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Gwar aren`t funny at all.
Actually they suck

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-07-02, 16:09
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Gomli, go download Violence has Arrived and America Must be Destroyed please.

Quote:

Old 2009-07-02, 16:48
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

i saw GWAR live 2 years ago, and they were AWESOME!

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-07-02, 17:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:

Can I or am I too old? Screw you, hippie, I will anyways.

I'm laughing just reading the titles of Gwar's songs. Ah shit.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2009-07-02 at 18:09.

Old 2009-07-02, 18:42
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

First of all I`m one of those conservative persons who still buys CDs
Second point is, I must admit that the idea of this band (cover the crowd with blood-sperm and other disturbing liquids) isn`t that unfunny.
Probably I don`t really get the point why they do it. And I can`t really laugh about their outfits or songs or something.
Maybe I just don`t understand them

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-07-02, 19:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I've read about a dozen of their lyrics now and have tears in my eyes. They are so bad. I mean how can you not laugh at a line like-
"Once was a warrior, now just a sponge
High all the time got a dick like a muskellunge."

This is funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRKlNlRsgI I think they have a new fan.

Old 2009-07-02, 19:28
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:

I buy LP's and tapes so psht on you.

Quote:

Old 2009-07-02, 19:40
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Second point is, I must admit that the idea of this band (cover the crowd with blood-sperm and other disturbing liquids) isn`t that unfunny.
Probably I don`t really get the point why they do it. And I can`t really laugh about their outfits or songs or something.
Maybe I just don`t understand them

Musically, they are nothing magnificent. But dude, you will never regret ever going to a GWAR show.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2009-07-02, 20:25
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Go watch them on youtube. They seem to put on a really active show. And there's a chick in the band! I have a new role model!

Old 2009-07-02, 20:49
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

"active" is quite the understatement

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-07-02, 21:10
Amadeus
Quantum.

Gwar is awesome, anyone not thinking so shall be painfully trampled by a badly rendered precursor to the Cloverfield monster.

Quote:
I buy LP's and tapes so psht on you.

There's one more! There's one more!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-07-02, 21:42
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Amadeus, I have you to thank for my latest piece of lyrical wonder.

Old 2009-07-02, 22:48
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I like their song "fucking an animal"

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-07-02, 22:57
Requiem
Post-whore

I know that none of you care but I just thought I'd share that I've already quit my new job. :P Fuck forklifts, I'd rather do freight managing.

Old 2009-07-02, 23:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You should be smacked. You had a paying job and quit? Where's it at? My son's been wanting a job for about 3 years now. He learned to drive a fork lift at his first job. Why didn't you keep it up til something else came up?

Old 2009-07-03, 00:08
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I don't even know how you manage to get a job like that Req, I can't even get into fast food.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-07-03, 04:04
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Speaking of all this GWAR stuff!

I saw Lordi once!

they sucked...

Old 2009-07-03, 06:42
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ha, I remember GWAR refered to them as a Gwar Tribute Band, and had Lordi's head on a stick spitting blood into the crowd.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2009-07-03, 07:04
Amadeus
Quantum.

Good riddance, Lordi is a rather sad chapter.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-07-03, 08:27
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

OK I must say that one of the GWAR guys made me laugh...dunno who it was.
So somehow they made it to talk about kebabs and that turkish stuff. He [whoever it was] said "I really love Kebabs...I fuck one each night. Feels like my mums pussy"
In a weird way I had laughed the whole night about it

I`d love to buy tapes of old Slayer and that shit...But nobody is dealing with tapes. Even not on eBay deutschland

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-07-03, 13:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Do they have yard sales or flea markets over there? Those are the best places to find stuff like that. Heck, there might be some laying around here. Are tapes universal?

I saw a few references to Lordi in the comments at the Gwar videos and they looked more on the positive side, but I suppose that if you're a diehard fan of either loyalty is where they're coming from.

Old 2009-07-03, 14:31
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Of course we got flea markets but Ihaven`t found something there. I`m waiting until sunday for the next chance to get some

R.I.P moe