MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2009-06-08, 22:24
patriot2011
New Blood

help with a chorus section... plz

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a metalcore-style song that I'm writing. I have completed the intro melody and the main verse, but I'm having some trouble with the chorus section... I can't seem to come up with a soft sounding melody to go over my rhythm. The bands that influence me (ATR, AILD, BFMV) use heavy chords and melodic melodies in their verses 9 times out of 10, but usually use softer chords and quieter melodies in their choruses. I guess I'm just stuck in "heavy mode" . The attachment is a PowerTab of what I've done so far, and the big question-marked sections are what I'm having trouble with. Any suggestions?

P.S.: I'm not asking for someone to write it for me, I'm just asking for ideas, scales, and/or patterns...
Attached Files
File Type: ptb Metal_Song_Idea[1].ptb (9.6 KB, 107 views)

Old 2009-06-11, 06:50
the_bleeding
Post-whore

what bands?
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2009-06-12, 12:27
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I dunno but I think two of them are As I lay Dying and Bullet For my Valentine....so yeah....I wouldn't worry to much about writing that Chorus. No matter what it will sound bland and unoriginal.

Old 2009-06-14, 10:19
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Just listen to it over and over, and sing stuff over it in your head, and try and work it out. I came up with a melody in my head the first time listening to it. I wouldn't know what scale it would be or anything. I don't really think anyone could help you out here without actually writing it for you.