MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-05-26, 12:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Wow, I guess from my standpoint I can see some good and some not good in there, but some of it is purely secular ideas. First off, I've got a problem with the fire and brimstone style preaching. To me that style especially in the wrong group could incite riot plus it seems like scare tactic. Using that on a kid is nuts to me.
I think speaking in tongues is an angelic experience and not a human one. I don't know why God would want a human to speak in an unknown language that no one else would understand either. Sort of like me reading something in French to someone else that doesn't speak it either. I overheard an argument two ladies were having about who was supposed to do a translation after a service at once and I pretty much lost respect for that whole group.
When I was a teenager I went to a church with some older friends and I did go for an alter call which just meant anyone could go forward and other people would pray for you in particular. I had a lot of weight on my shoulders and even though nothing specific was mentioned just the act of the prayer broke me down. It was a real cleansing for me. There was no screaming or other what I'd term bizarre behavior. I truly felt burdens being lifted. They were still there, but they lost the importance they had before. And that's where I feel that a secular side can be done, too. Regrouping your head, possibly talking to a friend, or even journaling, and a little scream therapy can work wonders. I used to let the teens at the Home go in the cooler, shut the door, and yell as loud as they wanted. They'd come out smiling every time. All the pressure the adults are putting on those kids is causing a lot of stress even if they're well-meaning and they give the opportunity to release it. I don't know. I just don't agree with those methods.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-05-26, 12:42
blitz906
Okay.

When these people speak in tongues, what language is it exactly? Aramaic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-05-26, 12:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Ya got me! I don't think so since Aramaic is an actual human language. I'd never heard of Aramaic until Mel made that movie that I refused to see. lol
Okay. I might go to hell for this, but here goes. Sit there and make your words words flow from your mouth. To me that's all it is. When I was a kid we called it speaking jibber-jabber when we played. When we learned it was done at church it because speaking in tongues.

My best friend believes wholly in it as a human way to praise. I don't.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2009-05-26, 13:27
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Haha I've seen that. They're all a bunch of deluded nutters

Poor kids never even had a chance to think for themselves... brainwashed since birth

Bullshit. Tenacious D got stranded at the Jesus Ranch once when they ran out of wiper fluid and they had nothing but great things to say about it.

Old 2009-05-26, 13:35
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

pixplzoritdidn'thappen

You're shittin' us, aren't you?

Old 2009-05-26, 15:41
Requiem
Post-whore

Modest Mouse is fun on bass!

Old 2009-05-26, 17:38
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-26, 20:00
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

i almost forgot how awesome Meshuggah is. I love when you don't listen to a band for a while, then you put them on and get into em all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-05-26, 21:33
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
lol look at this question on Yahoo Answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...02160646AA3sdGS

That reminds me of that epic as hell wolves howling at a moon tshirt on sale. Read the item reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-T-Shirt..._pr_product_top

Then the other day: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...104472.html?g=0

Old 2009-05-26, 22:13
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
That reminds me of that epic as hell wolves howling at a moon tshirt on sale. Read the item reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-T-Shirt..._pr_product_top

Then the other day: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...104472.html?g=0

those wolf shirts suck I have like 4 of them and I never get laid.

maybe im just wearing it the wrong way or something

NEGROGENESIS

Last edited by drawn&quartered : 2009-05-26 at 22:19.

Old 2009-05-26, 22:33
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

hahah wow thats ridiculous

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-05-26, 23:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I thought the list of also viewed items was pretty funny. A gallon of milk and this - http://www.amazon.com/How-Live-Huge.../ref=pd_sbs_a_6 and http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonka.../ref=pd_sbs_a_7

Old 2009-05-27, 00:39
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Hahahahahhaha, those book reviews are great. And I want to make a tank like that

Old 2009-05-27, 05:25
7-string warlord
Post-whore

None So Vile is probably one of the greatest albums I've ever allowed to grace my auditory canals...I can't believe I didn't jam this shit sooner!

Why does everyone harp on Lord Worm so much? He sounds fucking deranged! It adds so much to the music.

Old 2009-05-27, 06:03
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I like Lord Worm on None so Vile. He has a unique sound. He's nowhere near my favorite death metal vocalists but I think he fit perfectly on BMF and NSV. I'm a big fan of DiSalvo's vocals for Cryptopsy too. Everyone is just too fucking critical. Metalheads always bitch about people who have closed minds, but most hate anything that sounds 'different' than what they're used to. Hypocrites. Just like how everyone bitches about Covan's vocals on Organic Hallucinosis because they don't sound like traditional death growls. I dont understand why people hate whenever a band tries to do something different. Get over it, you elitist cocksuckers. I love when a band tries something new. It's music, it's supposed to evolve. Greatness comes from evolution. Otherwise we'd still all be banging on rocks and grunting. Why would you want a band to keep releasing albums that all sound the same? Just like when people keep talking about how Slayer needs to release another Reign In Blood. If you want to listen to Reign in Blood, then put it in your fucking CD player and press play. I'd rather hear new material from a band, something they haven't quite done before. Granted, that doesn't always work out, such as Diabolus or God Hates us All, but if it wasn't for those fuck ups, then we wouldn't have Christ Illusion, which I fucking love. But i'm not going to sit here and cry about how DiM and GHUA suck because I just simply won't listen to them.

Wow, talk about going off on a tangent. Sorry for the rant. I'm just in a mood tonight.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-05-27, 13:52
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

God for !FUCKS! sake Maiden is THE band

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-27, 16:06
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I like Lord Worm on None so Vile. He has a unique sound. He's nowhere near my favorite death metal vocalists but I think he fit perfectly on BMF and NSV. I'm a big fan of DiSalvo's vocals for Cryptopsy too. Everyone is just too fucking critical. Metalheads always bitch about people who have closed minds, but most hate anything that sounds 'different' than what they're used to. Hypocrites. Just like how everyone bitches about Covan's vocals on Organic Hallucinosis because they don't sound like traditional death growls. I dont understand why people hate whenever a band tries to do something different. Get over it, you elitist cocksuckers. I love when a band tries something new. It's music, it's supposed to evolve. Greatness comes from evolution. Otherwise we'd still all be banging on rocks and grunting. Why would you want a band to keep releasing albums that all sound the same? Just like when people keep talking about how Slayer needs to release another Reign In Blood. If you want to listen to Reign in Blood, then put it in your fucking CD player and press play. I'd rather hear new material from a band, something they haven't quite done before. Granted, that doesn't always work out, such as Diabolus or God Hates us All, but if it wasn't for those fuck ups, then we wouldn't have Christ Illusion, which I fucking love. But i'm not going to sit here and cry about how DiM and GHUA suck because I just simply won't listen to them.

Wow, talk about going off on a tangent. Sorry for the rant. I'm just in a mood tonight.

Well, all I can say is that its pretty much true about the metalhead thing, they are a bunch of elitist cocksuckers. I love metal but I don't want much to do with the whole metal scene anymore, mostly it is a bunch of skinny black metal kids talking about how great the newest white noise is. (not that I don't like black metal occasionally, most of the kids are just tards)

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-05-27, 20:31
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Well, all I can say is that its pretty much true about the metalhead thing, they are a bunch of elitist cocksuckers. I love metal but I don't want much to do with the whole metal scene anymore, mostly it is a bunch of skinny black metal kids talking about how great the newest white noise is. (not that I don't like black metal occasionally, most of the kids are just tards)

Fuckin A dude. Same reason I got out of the whole scene - keeping up on news, checking several forums a day, going to shows all the time and generally associating myself with the current metal scene. Most kids nowadays are fucking retards

Old 2009-05-27, 21:38
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
White Noise? The electronic group from the late 60s?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2009-05-27, 22:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay, Oldilocks had never heard of them so I had a listen. Far out, man! I listened to the Fleas one and it reminded me of Zappa and then Firebird and that reminded me of Floyd. I'll have to ask the ole man -who's 4 years older than me -if he's heard of them. Or if he remembers hearing them. lol The ole head.

You guys bitching about kids and their music makes me laugh. You guys are getting sooooo old and set in your ways.

Old 2009-05-27, 23:00
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I discovered White Noise in my dad's old vinyl collection, which he only has An Electric Storm. They're definitely a trip and it amazes me that they're not highly regarded as legends. I put it on every now and then when I'm at home smoking and it can be quite mesmerizing.

Also, have you heard of The 13th Floor Elevators? They're another band from the 60s that I can't believe no one has heard of. They play psychedelic but it also has a sort of grunge sound to them. They do pretty good cover of It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (which you can listen to here).
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2009-05-28, 00:47
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Thanks for the link! That guy's got a great voice.

Old 2009-05-28, 11:46
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I'd never heard of them either. Hell ya! Man, that's an awesome song! The guitar reminds me of Coldplay. I wonder if that was an influence of theirs. I had to dig out my 35 year old Zenith headphones to check out the separation. I'm sure it would be better from vinyl, but it still wasn't bad.
Any other gems hiding over there? I'm ready to break out the lava lamp. Thanks SOOO much for sharing those!

Old 2009-05-28, 12:30
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I don't have too much more in the way of obscure classics, but my dad did have some gems that surprised me as I got older. Here's a list of some of my favorites:

The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, Revolver, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road
Blues Magoos - Electric Comic Book, Psychedelic Lollipop
Boston - S/T
Buffalo Springfield - S/T
Camel - S/T, Mirage
Country Joe & The Fish - Electric Music For The Mind & Body, I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die
The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul
Kansas - Leftoverture, Point Of No Return
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
Richie Havens - Miced Bag, Live At The Cellar Door
Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson & Clover
The Zombies - Odessey & Oracle

Old 2009-05-28, 13:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Camel is the only one I haven't heard. Some of those are 60's and some are 70's, but they're all good. Moody Blues being my favorite. I finally got to see them. There's very few of their albums I don't have.
I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die, best Nam war song ever. It's on the original Woodstock Live album, too. Your dad's got good taste! And no, I'm not hitting on him.

Old 2009-05-29, 03:03
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

4chan isn't letting me post right now (wasn't banned) so I'm posting at 7chan.

Old 2009-05-29, 03:06
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

4chan is gay and so is 7. go to 99chan instead where it isn't overridden with preteens, annoying meme's, and general stupidity

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-05-29, 03:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

I post in some random areas...yea, there is still some of that though. Mainly /an/ck/k/o/p/s/ Don't normally go to 7chan. Haven't even heard of 99chan. hah

Old 2009-05-29, 03:10
guitar_demon
MotörCat

what is 4chan /7chan
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2009-05-29, 03:12
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Image boards...people post pictures in different sections of the site that are designated for different topics. Well..most of the time. There is always some random bullshit in other channels. Some funny shit there..some stupid shit, some awesome pictures, some shitty pictures, lots of porn.. that about sums it up I guess.

Old 2009-05-29, 03:18
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
I post in some random areas...yea, there is still some of that though. Mainly /an/ck/k/o/p/s/ Don't normally go to 7chan. Haven't even heard of 99chan. hah

thats how it should be, kept quiet so the noobs stay out there are some pretty good boards there though.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-05-29, 11:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You mean you post somewhere besides th3 m3taLtabz? Say it ain't so!

I love the weather so far today. I was taking out the trash and the dog and it's a very overcast 55 degrees and misty. Love it! Love it!

Old 2009-05-29, 12:26
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Oh really now? Here there's not a single cloud to be seen, wwwwonderful.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2009-05-29, 13:09
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
Oh really now? Here there's not a single cloud to be seen, wwwwonderful.

Same here!

Chilling and grilling and summer and beach and bitches

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-29, 14:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It's one of those days that if I felt like going somewhere I'd visit one of the local old cemeteries, but heck, I do that on nice days and in snow, too. So I guess that's not a good example. It looks kinda Gothy out there.

Old 2009-05-29, 16:26
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
You mean you post somewhere besides th3 m3taLtabz? Say it ain't so!

I love the weather so far today. I was taking out the trash and the dog and it's a very overcast 55 degrees and misty. Love it! Love it!

yep, still got no job, gotta find anywhere on the internet that is entertaining...its pathetic

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-05-29, 17:06
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Just think of it as the calm before the storm. Ya never know what friendships you might strike up.

Old 2009-05-29, 17:57
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Just think of it as the calm before the storm. Ya never know what friendships you might strike up.
You ungrateful bitch.

Old 2009-05-29, 18:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

lol BUSTED! Paddy No Pickles, it's your draw.

Old 2009-05-29, 23:20
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
lol BUSTED! Paddy No Pickles, it's your draw.
The last person to call me that got a mouthful of salty, vinegary brine as proof that I do in fact possess the tangiest of pickles.

Old 2009-05-29, 23:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, don't you try to peddle your pickles on me, Mr. Massengil!

Old 2009-05-29, 23:33
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Paddy, don't you try to peddle your pickles on me, Mr. Massengil!
You're quite right; pickle preservatives are no match for the salty vinegariness of the contents of a freshly filled female hygiene receptacle, which is apparently what I am. So, again, watch your step lest you want to regain possession of the slippery salt-water jelly you recently rid yourself off via the dying art of cunt-plunging.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Old 2009-05-30, 00:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

hmmp. I told ya so.

Old 2009-05-30, 01:29
Transient
HES BAAACK

paddy did you submit a letter to terrorizer complaining about SUNN ????

Old 2009-05-30, 02:17
guitar_demon
MotörCat

so how was MDF trans

Old 2009-05-30, 09:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Trans, any news on your illness? How are you feeling these days?

Old 2009-05-30, 12:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Good ole Ozzy. I don't quite know what to think of the last idea concerning when he wasn't part of the band, but the other stuff sounds okay to me. If they were doing his songs while he wasn't with them then yeah, he should get a cut, but if not then no. http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/200...n_top_eo/126632 He's doing enough commercials now to make up for it I'm sure.

Old 2009-05-30, 14:54
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Good ole Ozzy. I don't quite know what to think of the last idea concerning when he wasn't part of the band, but the other stuff sounds okay to me. If they were doing his songs while he wasn't with them then yeah, he should get a cut, but if not then no. http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/200...n_top_eo/126632 He's doing enough commercials now to make up for it I'm sure.
"It is with great regret that I had to resort to legal action against my long term partner, Tony Iommi, but after three years of trying to resolve this issue amicably, I feel I have no other recourse," began Osbourne's lengthy statement explaining his decision.

If Ozzy wrote that himself I'll suck a cock.

Old 2009-05-30, 15:24
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
"It is with great regret that I had to resort to legal action against my long term partner, Tony Iommi, but after three years of trying to resolve this issue amicably, I feel I have no other recourse," began Osbourne's lengthy statement explaining his decision.

If Ozzy wrote that himself I'll suck a cock.

Wow, Ozzy is really being a bitch. I'm listening to Sabbath right now, and Ozzy's shitty vox have little to nothing to do with their success. Maybe his bizarre stage antics, but Ozzy is massively lucky to have been so bereft of any vocal talent and have been surrounded by amazingly talented guitarists, bassists, and drummers who not only make him look good but write most of his fucking songs. Perhaps it escaped Ozzy that Dio's two albums with Sabbath were much, much better than his last two? They sold much better. They were much more acclaimed critically. Dio could do more than haphazardly chase Iommi's riffs with his voice. Ozzy does not equal Sabbath and doesn't deserve a dime unless he was part of the performance.

What he's doing to Black Sabbath would be like Randy Rhoad's estate suing Ozzy for touring under his own name because Randy's trademark songwriting, riffing, and solos are responsible for establishing Ozzy's name as a "solo" act. This is a very Gene Simmons-like move. Manowar would not approve.

Old 2009-05-30, 15:50
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I'll take Ozzy Sabbath over Dio Sabbath any day

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-05-30, 15:53
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I think Dio is about 12,34 quadrillion times better than the nowadays-lameass-bitch-Ozzy we know

Heaven and Hell made a excellent album btw.

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-30, 16:19
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I'll take Ozzy Sabbath over Dio Sabbath any day

Yeah. Here's an honest question, though; does Ozzy, his shitty fucking vocals, or his lack of songwriting contributions have anything to do with that? Or was it just because Iommi (and crew, to a lesser extent) was writing his best riffs from '69-75?

To tell you the truth, I prefer the darker Sabbath, too. There are soooo many excellent riffs, fun bass lines, subtly unique drumming patterns, and a dark heaviness permeating those first six albums. My favorite three albums would probably be Paranoid, Sabotage, and Vol. 4 in no particular order.

However, Ozzy killed the fucking band between '76-80. He contributed nothing but awful vox while Iommi struggled to conjure up new and original material. When Dio came in, he immediately gave the band a shot in the arm because they weren't saddled with having to work around their vocalists many weaknesses while writing songs for him. Iommi could come up with anything, and not only could Dio work with it, but he could add to it and make it better. Ozzy never could and still can't.

Ozzy had ridden on the coattails of amazing songwriters his whole career. Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend after the fact that you were the key to that success. It's especially a dick move considering he probably has more $ in the bank than Iommi, Butler, and Ward put together. What a pussy.

Old 2009-05-30, 18:17
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I'm not saying that Ozzy is a more talented vocalist than Dio in any way. Maybe you're right that they were writing better riffs in the Ozzy era, or maybe it's that his grittier, less talented vocals fit the overall sound they were going for better. More talent doesn't always mean better. I just think he fit the sound they were going for better in the early years. I dont think Paranoid or any of the early albums would have been as good with Dio on them instead. Ozzy's lack of talent added to the rawness of the overall sound. But you're 100% correct that he wouldn't have amounted to anything without the long list of amazing song writers he had throughout the years.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-05-30, 18:21
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Out of curiousity, who wrote their lyrics?

Old 2009-05-30, 19:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Out of curiousity, who wrote their lyrics?
With the greatest respect to anyone who admires Black Sabbath, I'd say Ozzy most likely wrote the lyrics:

Generals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses.

That's got Ozzy's fingerprints all over it. And how about this lil' beauty?

The world is a lonely place, you're on your own
Guess I will go home, sit down and moan.
Crying and thinking is all that I do
Memories I have remind me of you.

Memories he has remind him of stuff. Who'd have thunk it?? The only person for whom that statement would actually make any sense is a man who has a mind just barely more sentient than that of a special needs gopher. In other words, Ozzy "I Am Sam" Osbourne.

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-05-30 at 19:21.

Old 2009-05-30, 19:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Could be. Or maybe he wasn't saying words anyways. He's pretty hard to understand.
I found a link that says that Geezer Butler wrote 99% of Ozzy's lyrics. Daisley also wrote for them.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2009-05-30 at 19:34.

Old 2009-05-30, 22:04
Requiem
Post-whore

Probably Geezer. If someone owns a Black Sabbath album they can look on the booklet.

Old 2009-05-31, 03:10
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

That is fucking ridiculous that Ozzy is suing Iommi on albums he wasn't apart of..doesn't he make enough money from his prime-time variety show? lololol...

That being said, I hope Heaven and Hell puts out more albums. Dio-era Sabbath fucking rules and are still capable of ruling.

Edit - Req, if you don't own any Black Sabbath albums, you are a complete tool. Geezer did write most of the lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2009-05-31, 12:29
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Could be. Or maybe he wasn't saying words anyways. He's pretty hard to understand.
I found a link that says that Geezer Butler wrote 99% of Ozzy's lyrics. Daisley also wrote for them.
Now that I think about it, it seemed silly of me to have assumed that Ozzy could write anything other than a reasonably legible X.

Old 2009-05-31, 13:01
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I'm just going to say I can't stomach Ozzy's voice too much. During Black Sabbath's first 3 albums is probably the only time I ever actually enjoyed his singing, after that I'm very "eh". I can respect his contribution to metal and whatnot, but his vocals sound like he is constantly choking on a chicken bone (imo).

Ahhh... gotta love coffee.

Last edited by MyOwnSavior : 2009-05-31 at 13:05.

Old 2009-05-31, 14:51
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Trans, any news on your illness? How are you feeling these days?

hahaha answer my question!

and no i am not much better, i spent last week in maryland for death fest and that really tired me out.

i took a few (prescribed) vicodin and it took days to get over. liver isnt doing so hot i guess. at the end of my rope with my GP so im off to see a specialist in a week or so

Old 2009-05-31, 15:11
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
hahaha answer my question!

and no i am not much better, i spent last week in maryland for death fest and that really tired me out.

i took a few (prescribed) vicodin and it took days to get over. liver isnt doing so hot i guess. at the end of my rope with my GP so im off to see a specialist in a week or so
Haha I thought your question was rhetorical! I haven't heard of either of those bands (I'm assuming they're bands ) Why, what happened? Did they get a letter of complaint about using non-unionised midgets in their music videos or something?

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling like shit chief. Have you been told how serious it is? I mean, are they treating it or what the fuck's happening? I feel your frustration with your GP, most of them are jaded, useless, patronising twats who'd need to be waterboarded before they'd pull the finger out (or stick it in, whatever the circumstances may call for) and get something done.

Haha typical metaller, you have debilitating disease and you still find time to mosh. That's my boy!

Old 2009-05-31, 15:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Tranny, you're a trooper that's for sure. I hope they figure this all out for you soon. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I thought about rummaging Bob's room because I know he has Sabbath guitar books up there, but he might have them at his place. I also wasn't sure if it would just list it as words and music and name the band members or if it would be broke down. The album covers might be the same way.

Old 2009-05-31, 15:58
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Edit - Req, if you don't own any Black Sabbath albums, you are a complete tool. Geezer did write most of the lyrics.

I don't like Black Sabbath for the most part. Only Dio era.

Old 2009-05-31, 16:03
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
I think Dio is about 12,34 quadrillion times better than the nowadays-lameass-bitch-Ozzy we know

Heaven and Hell made a excellent album btw.

What's really amazing about Dio is that he still can do good music and perform it with all the force of a kick in the groin. The guy has been going strong for something like forty years, how many musicians can boast at having kept such a level all the way?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-05-31, 16:06
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
What's really amazing about Dio is that he still can do good music and perform it with all the force of a kick in the groin. The guy has been going strong for something like forty years, how many musicians can boast at having kept such a level all the way?

RONNIE JAMES DIO FOR PRESIDENT

Old 2009-05-31, 16:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Doesn't he take responsibility for the devil horn thing, too?

"Floppy rocks!!! Yea!!"

Old 2009-05-31, 16:42
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Doesn't he take responsibility for the devil horn thing, too?

"Floppy rocks!!! Yea!!"
I think I saw him in a documentary saying that his grandmother would do it to counteract the "evil eye" stares of her neighbours. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same guy though, I don't listen to his work and only know of him through South Park haha.

I didn't think this warranted a thread in the Guitar forum, so I'll post it here:

I used to have an acoustic guitar (it's currently collecting dust in Mexico City haha). It was a cheap hunk of shit, and after several months I noticed that on the high E string the 12th and 13th frets sounded identical. How is that even possible? I always wondered about that, and never thought to ask until now (7 years later ).

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-05-31 at 16:48.

Old 2009-05-31, 17:20
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Does somebody know what`s up with Transient?
Hope he`s doing well

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-31, 17:44
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Does somebody know what`s up with Transient?
Hope he`s doing well
Hepatitis. That's a sort of umbrella term for any number of problems relating to inflammation of the liver - that is, he wasn't necessarily molested by Tommy Lee, although everyone here knows better.

Old 2009-05-31, 17:53
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
I think I saw him in a documentary saying that his grandmother would do it to counteract the "evil eye" stares of her neighbours. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same guy though, I don't listen to his work and only know of him through South Park haha.

yea thats dio

Old 2009-05-31, 17:58
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Hepatitis. That's a sort of umbrella term for any number of problems relating to inflammation of the liver - that is, he wasn't necessarily molested by Tommy Lee, although everyone here knows better.

Yayaya I know that he got hepatitis.

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-31, 18:00
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

AHHH HE HAZ POSTED!

HOW DUMB AM I?!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-05-31, 18:19
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Haha I thought your question was rhetorical! I haven't heard of either of those bands (I'm assuming they're bands ) Why, what happened? Did they get a letter of complaint about using non-unionised midgets in their music videos or something?

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling like shit chief. Have you been told how serious it is? I mean, are they treating it or what the fuck's happening? I feel your frustration with your GP, most of them are jaded, useless, patronising twats who'd need to be waterboarded before they'd pull the finger out (or stick it in, whatever the circumstances may call for) and get something done.

Haha typical metaller, you have debilitating disease and you still find time to mosh. That's my boy!

oh man, thats a really weird coincidence. theres a metal magazine from the UK that's called terrorizer. i was reading a really old copy (like 2003 or something) and read a really long winded letter from a paddy in ireland, and it was TOTALLY your writing style.

anyway the GP says its still just an unidentified virus that effected my liver (possibly my gall bladder since i get nausea when eating fatty foods sometimes).

but my eyes are still yellow and my bifilrubin level is stilll elevated, probably should be coming down

Old 2009-05-31, 18:33
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
oh man, thats a really weird coincidence. theres a metal magazine from the UK that's called terrorizer. i was reading a really old copy (like 2003 or something) and read a really long winded letter from a paddy in ireland, and it was TOTALLY your writing style.
You mean some imposter cunt is stealing my sweet style??

Was it because it was written in my style or that it was "long winded" that made you assume it was me?

I hope you get your liver sorted out soon mate! Actually, I probably shouldn't be encouraging you to drink haha.

Old 2009-05-31, 18:44
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:

Yeah, maybe it was Pam Anderson instead. Tranny doesn't seem as weird as most of you.

Old 2009-05-31, 20:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah, maybe it was Pam Anderson instead. Tranny doesn't seem as weird as most of you.
To be honest, I think if I had to decide which of the two aforementioned fucknuts I'd be most likely to survive shagging, it'd probably be Tommy.

Old 2009-05-31, 20:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's just cuz you like his drumsticks.

Old 2009-05-31, 21:08
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
That's just cuz you like his drumsticks.

He also has three fewer terminal STDs. I'd handle Tommy's giant unit before Pam's petri dish canal.

Old 2009-05-31, 21:18
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

hahahahha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_addiction

Scroll down to the deaths part, it's good for the lulz.

even funnier LOL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_Gamers_Anonymous

Last edited by MetalThrashingMad : 2009-05-31 at 21:20.

Old 2009-05-31, 22:11
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
hahahahha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_addiction

Scroll down to the deaths part, it's good for the lulz.

even funnier LOL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_Gamers_Anonymous
Hahaha holy fuck. I can relate to some of those deaths, though - my SNES and PS controllers have teeth marks in them. Fuckin' Mario Bros. GTA never makes me feel murderous, but platform games sure fucking do.

On a completely, definitely unrelated topic, I'm thinking of buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/THERMALTAKE...43806392&sr=8-1

Does anyone know if there's much point in buying a watercooler block for a graphics card if you don't have any other watercooling systems in place? I read the installation instructions, and they don't mention anything about connecting the card to an already-existing watercooler case so I'm assuming that it's not required. I also read that it can be used in conjunction with a Thermaltake watercooling case, but that sounds like an optional bonus rather than a requirement.

Actually, fuck it: advise me on how to get my graphics card to stop hitting the 100 degree C. mark when I play games, because I can't play for very long before the problems begin. I already have a CoolerMaster Centurion case with 3 fans on it, and have set the GPU fan speed to 100%. I clean it regularly, too. But the temperatures are still higher than I'd like. That cooler I linked to would be great if I was sure I could actually use it.

Cheers dudes!

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-06-01 at 11:39.

Old 2009-06-01, 17:01
Requiem
Post-whore

"Brandon Crisp, an Ontario 15-year-old, ran away from home on Thanksgiving Monday in 2008 after his parents took away his Xbox 360 due to falling grades and excessive play of Call of Duty 4.[72] He was last seen alive on a bicycle trail. His body was found weeks later, about 3 miles away, by a party of hunters.[73] An autopsy determined that he died in a fall from a tree."

Why the hell am I laughing so hard?

Old 2009-06-01, 17:13
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
"Brandon Crisp, an Ontario 15-year-old, ran away from home on Thanksgiving Monday in 2008 after his parents took away his Xbox 360 due to falling grades and excessive play of Call of Duty 4.[72] He was last seen alive on a bicycle trail. His body was found weeks later, about 3 miles away, by a party of hunters.[73] An autopsy determined that he died in a fall from a tree."

I know. It's sad. It's terrible. But Jesus fucking sub-christ on a candlestick, does that make me laugh.

As of today I officially own every full length album of this band. Damn, that woman is as hot as a Schuldiner-lead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHOHi9Bzug

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-06-01, 17:50
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Goddamnit man I hate that overreacting bitch. I'd hate to see her fake an orgasm.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2009-06-01, 20:26
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
though - my SNES and PS controllers have teeth marks in them.

LOL!!! I thought I was alone on that one Super Mario 3 and Prince of Persia used to get to me all the time

Quote:

Ummmmm probably because it's absolutely fucking hilarious??

Old 2009-06-01, 23:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I'm listening to Sabbath right now, and Ozzy's shitty vox have little to nothing to do with their success. Maybe his bizarre stage antics, but Ozzy is massively lucky to have been so bereft of any vocal talent and have been surrounded by amazingly talented guitarists, bassists, and drummers who not only make him look good but write most of his fucking songs.

Who the fuck are you kidding?

Sure Ozzy has fallen off his throne a long time ago but you're going a bit overboard there.

Thank god we finally have some music discussion after shitloads of pages of gaming issues. Fuck this, I give up.

Old 2009-06-01, 23:35
Requiem
Post-whore

You may be alone on this one Def. Chris's opinion is fact.

Old 2009-06-01, 23:37
guitar_demon
MotörCat

i like ozzy as much as anyone else, but lets face it hes a lazy singer, take ANY sabbath song, the melody for the vox match whatever iommi is doing. dont get me wrong it fits well but come on ozzy write your own fucking melody

Old 2009-06-01, 23:40
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Who the fuck are you kidding?

Sure Ozzy has fallen off his throne a long time ago but you're going a bit overboard there.

Thank god we finally have some music discussion after shitloads of pages of gaming issues. Fuck this, I give up.

Okay, let's try this. Imagine Ozzy doing vocals for Children of the Sea or Heaven and Hell and then come back and tell me he's a good vocalist in any way. Iommi had to write riffs in a way that specifically hid Ozzy's weaknesses, and this is no joke. It's one of the reasons Sabbath started downtuning, actually. Ozzy is easily one of the worst rock vocalists to have ever become rich and famous as one.

Old 2009-06-02, 00:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Thank god we finally have some music discussion after shitloads of pages of gaming issues.

*curtsies for bringing up topic* I think the biggest benefit Ozzy has ever had was Sharon being the brains behind him. He had the drug induced antics, but he'd probably have fallen on his face if it wasn't for her. The band could have stood on it's own without him, but I think she was what held him together with them. She's always struck me as a money making, businessperson. I'm not saying it just because she's a woman. Plus she must love the guy to put up with all his crap over the years.

Old 2009-06-02, 00:20
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
*curtsies for bringing up topic* I think the biggest benefit Ozzy has ever had was Sharon being the brains behind him. He had the drug induced antics, but he'd probably have fallen on his face if it wasn't for her. The band could have stood on it's own without him, but I think she was what held him together with them. She's always struck me as a money making, businessperson. I'm not saying it just because she's a woman. Plus she must love the guy to put up with all his crap over the years.

Oh yes, I think she's probably the driving force behind their commercial succes in the last few years.
They're 'milking' it out as far as they can, which is kinda sad.

Old 2009-06-02, 00:24
Requiem
Post-whore

Old 2009-06-02, 00:27
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Okay, let's try this. Imagine Ozzy doing vocals for Children of the Sea or Heaven and Hell and then come back and tell me he's a good vocalist in any way. Iommi had to write riffs in a way that specifically hid Ozzy's weaknesses, and this is no joke. It's one of the reasons Sabbath started downtuning, actually. Ozzy is easily one of the worst rock vocalists to have ever become rich and famous as one.

I never said he's a good vocalist. But his signature voice did bring Black Sabbath their succes for a fair percentage.

Ozzy beeing rich and famous has just been brought into the picture by MTV lately which is all the hype. Back in the day he started out with nothing, and maybe even with little talent. But he did manage to put the blizzard of ozz/black sabbath together.

It's not about beeing a good vocalist in any way, it's about beeing fucking Ozzy.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's been selling out for ages but somehow he's still a bit of a legend. (becoming rich and famous with little skill is a talent too..)

Last edited by Def : 2009-06-02 at 00:30.

Old 2009-06-02, 00:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, they might be milking it, but they're also showing they aren't afraid to try anything once and that they're versatile. Maybe after all the intense partying he's finally realized there's other things to do out there so why not?

Old 2009-06-02, 00:31
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
You may be alone on this one Def. Chris's opinion is fact.

Maybe, however Chris can eat my ass.

And I know he loves it

Old 2009-06-02, 00:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Want me to break out wally's George Michael records?

Old 2009-06-02, 01:56
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

WE WEAR LEATHER!!!
WEEEEE WEAR SPIKES!
WE RUUUUUULE... THE NIIIIIIIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Maybe, however Chris can eat my ass.

And I know he loves it

It tastes better than you think.

Old 2009-06-02, 04:31
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

has anyone else gotten random dizziness/vertigo while sitting down..?

I think I have bad posture, or something is wrong, because I was just sitting here and all of a sudden I feel drunker than shit for about 3 seconds. this has happened twice...

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-06-02, 04:45
Requiem
Post-whore

YOU STOOD UP TOO FAST

Old 2009-06-02, 04:54
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
YOU STOOD UP TOO FAST

No, I did not stand up at all. I was sitting, I didn't even move and this suddenly occured.

NEGROGENESIS