Suppose it's human what they did
How should I know, never even seen
This street from the second floor
But I'm pretty sure, ain't gold what gleams in her eye

How poetic word and action mesh
To have you fly with the black wildfowl
Nothing like a little bit of death
To clean up in a death infested hole

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-05-02, 15:50
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I hate saying this because it sounds so lame to me, but I like this even though I don't have the slightest idea what it's about. That last verse really kicked some butt.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-05-02, 17:55
Amadeus
Quantum.

It's the lyrics of the second song in a little project I've found myself fiddling with the last few months. ("The fairest summer" that I posted a while ago is the final one)
It's about a whole lot of things, but basically I'm just using an unnamed city in a near future after something horrible has happened, and this is the first presentation of that city. I have this image of a guy in a tattered coat, hands in pockets, walking through the city, by chance seeing a woman get raped and killed, numbly reflecting about it. I think the last verse becomes more clear if I say that it's sarcasm from beginning to end.

Nice to hear that you didn't necessarily had to know that though!

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-05-02, 18:25
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

You definitely caught my interest with this. I'll be looking forward to hearing more from this project. It's an interesting concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-05-03, 06:03
Amadeus
Quantum.

Thanks for the feedback. The whole thing is giving a feel of neverending story, in the sense that it will probably take years before I have the music just as I want it; after three months I have four riffs that I'm fairly sure I like, and no solos. But hey, at least it's something to do on a rainy sunday.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-05-03, 07:01
blitz906
Okay.

Pretty good.
The title reminded me of Welcome to the Jungle though
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-05-03, 08:48
Amadeus
Quantum.

Haha, didn't see that one, I just had this grim vision of a The Crow-style metropolis. Will the sunset strip always haunt the spirit of metal?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2009-05-03, 15:08
Pr0az
Post-whore

I don't care too much for the whole future purpose of it, however when put in real time I definitely like it.

Old 2009-05-03, 18:30
Amadeus
Quantum.

Yea well, that's definitely the idea of it, to apply the thoughts in our time; the setting is just to make things stand out more clearly.
Thanks for the feedback!

- Carl Sagan