MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2008-12-04, 17:24
Requiem
Post-whore

Novembre

The band section of this forum is incredibly slow--almost dying. So I feel obligated to get some discussion going by creating a few threads introducing obscure bands or lesser known bands.

I recently got in the mood to listen to hours upon hours of Opeth. That little phase was successful yet redundant. I subscribe to various metal uploaders on Youtube, so I was fortunate enough to find a Novembre song on my Youtube homepage.

Novembre is an Italian band that started their early career as death metal.<i>Novembre grew to develop a unique, atmospheric sound. Although most of their lyrics are in English, vocalist Carmelo Orlando sings in Italian occasionally in many of their songs. They released their first two albums, Wish I Could Dream It Again and Arte Novecento, through Italian label Polyphemus. In the mid-90's, they signed with Century Media to release their next three albums, Classica, Novembrine Waltz, and Dreams d'Azur. More recently, Novembre signed to Peaceville Records, to release their sixth album Materia, which took on a progressive rock influence, and their seventh album, The Blue, which saw a return to addition of death metal-esque passages.</i>

Below is a few hyperlinks to Youtube videos of their songs.(mostly being audio only)

Novembre - Bluecracy
Novembre - Iridescence

Fans of Opeth and Insomnium will love Novembre.

Old 2008-12-04, 18:30
The Execrator
Noob lud

I've got their album "Materia". It's has some good tracks as well as some bad tracks, probably deserves a 7/10. Everything I've heard from "The Blue" is absolutely amazing though. I definitely want to pick up the album when I get the chance!

Fans of Katatonia and Agalloch will also love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.