MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-11-18, 00:28
GUITARFETUS
Senior Metalhead

hidden feature on peavey xxx ?

hey everyone. i have had my xxx for almost two years now without any problem, i like it..i like it even more with jj tubes. but any way i read a whole lot about it on this forum and other forums and i read alot about how much people like it, or they think its ok, i read about what tubes sound good, and different mods, and things of that nature. One thing i have never read about is an interesting thing that happens to my amp that involves the channel volumes.

as most of you know there are 3 channels (clean, crunch, ultra) for each channel there is a volume control, and there is also a master volume, HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART... when i am either in the crunch or ultra channel the volume control from the opposite chanel acts almost as a PRESENCE KNOB. none of the other eq knobs do anything, just the volume. it seriously brightens the tone like a" presence." i know there is nothing wrong with my amp, cuz it sounds good and works good. have any of you heard of this? im just curious. the triple xxx doesnt have an actual presence knob but somtimes i use this since it kind of does the job. what do you think?

Old 2008-11-18, 18:20
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

that sounds about right for me, the channel volume knob can help yourt tone out alot. When I rtalked to terrance from suffo abouit his XXX settings, he does some interesting things with it. and i read on the exodus forum about gary's settings and they both do some interesting things with them.

Old 2008-11-19, 00:33
GUITARFETUS
Senior Metalhead

interesting things like what? are you saying that you use the volume controll from the ultra to shape the crunch channel and the other way around too? cuz thats what im saying, i didnt think it was supposed to be like that, but thanks for the reply, anyone else?