MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2008-11-16, 20:55
Thewulf666
New Blood

Swedish death metal bass tone

I just scored some bass equipment and wanna tinker around with learning some old Unleashed / Entombed / Dismember style material. The amp is an Ampeg B2R and my bud kicked me down a Boss bass overdrive pedal. Anyone got any suggestions for tone settings......I'm new to bass so any help is cool.

Old 2009-04-05, 08:49
blitz906
Okay.

Well I'm not exactly sure what tone you're talking about. But if I were you I'd just sit down for a while and play with the settings on the pedal & amp. Experimentation is the key when looking for tones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-04-27, 17:13
cw4119
Senior Metalhead

I play a lot of death metal stuff, though not particularly what you play. I use a Boss ME20B bass effects pedal which allows me to have a 4 band EQ instead of the 3 on my regular amp. For the most part, I boost up the bass a lot and the high mids a moderate amount.

I don't know what you have on your amp but since you're new to bass, I'm assuming you have a 3 band eq. I would suggest boosting the bass by a lot, treble by a moderate amount, and mid only slightly. But always mess around with the settings and see what sounds best to you.

Old 2009-04-27, 21:15
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

If your looking for a tone that will cut through the mix, turn up your mids; highs and lows and keep the bass and treble in the middle with the bass slightly higher. Thats what works for me.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2009-08-03, 23:50
BlackMetalAkaz
New Blood

Try this,

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showt...ht=alex+webster

As far as death metal tone goes, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me..