MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-11-04, 22:34
monkeyfist27
New Blood

Arrow MT-2 METAL ZONE HELP

ok, ive got the thing, and im looking for a deeper, fuller, sound out of it.
im looking for it to sound like Bullet for my Valentine and Killswitch Engage, they have that sound that is less kinda high end/treble/winey, i just wanna know if you could help me out with a setting that is better than the one i have now, maybe more bass.
thanks alot

Old 2008-11-04, 22:58
disinformation
Metalhead

Metal Zone = Fail

There's no such thing as a "fatter" sounding distortion from a metal zone... it's all higher, cutty, whiney stuff from them... Barely worth using as a boost in front of an already driven amp... But maybe... depending on your amp

provide more details as to what gear you have and I'll try and help you sculpt your tone accordingly.
1960A lead Cab
And One Metric "Death Star"

Old 2008-11-05, 00:46
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

The only thing a metal zone is good for is a practice amp with little or no distortion. Metal zones really don't help your tone. I remember using mine with all the knobs in a relatively straight up ( 12 o'clock) position.

Old 2008-11-05, 16:36
monkeyfist27
New Blood

ok, the amp that i would run out of live is a Marshall MD100FX half stack, i use MXR smart gate, and a wah, so what do you think i should get, gear wise, to get a kind of tone that still has just as much bite as the mt-2, but that BFMV kind of fullness?
thanks

Old 2008-11-05, 22:26
disinformation
Metalhead

Your best bet would be to crank the fuck out of the bass on the E.Q. as well as the gain on the distortion channel, set the mids to about 1 o'clock, add treble to taste. Essentially, that should do it really... as far as the gear you have goes.

Most people here will just tell you to buy a new amp and I would recommend that as well (but only if its in your budget).

So just remember, lost of gain, lots of bass (ish - roll it back if it's too boomy) middle for mids, middle or upwards for treble.

see how that goes.

1960A lead Cab

Old 2008-11-05, 22:27
disinformation
Metalhead

Oh yeah, that wouldn't include the metal zone, try just using the amp...
1960A lead Cab

Old 2008-11-06, 00:32
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

yeah, the mdhdfx has been my main amp before i had the cash to go tube...i really like it's distortion, especially at very loud volumes (like extremely loud rehearsals). Their bottom-end really gives me a pantera-like punch at times.

Old 2008-11-06, 20:34
the_bleeding
Post-whore

bass, max
mids, 12 or 3 oclock
treble, 12 or 1 oclock

try those ranges on the MG, plug straight in
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-11-06, 21:36
tripton
New Blood

How about adding an EQ pedal in there? It will give you a much wider range of tone and boost/enhance if you want it to. I'm not sure how happy you are with the distortion in your amp, but if you think you get enough gain out of it, but are just unhappy with the tonal qualities, add in an EQ.

But i would start fooling with the recommended amp settings for a week first and see if you can get the tone you want out of the amp by itself.