MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2008-09-02, 23:30
chainsaw666
New Blood

Unhappy Jackson Truss Rod problems:Randy Rhodes

I need a truss rod adjuster for my jackson, and I'm struggling to find a geetar shop that sells them. The techs i speak to all sugest I take it to a gutar tech (but as this thing has a floyd rose they all threaten to charge £60 to adjust it....) There's a store online "Allparts" they have 5/16 and 1/4 does anyone know what size jackson use on their Japanese X series??

Cheers

Old 2008-09-02, 23:37
7-string warlord
Post-whore

what does the floyd have to do with adjusting the truss rod? that's pretty stupid.

I'm not sure, I have a japanese Pro series RR...just go to a hardware store and buy a set of allen wrenches ...although I'm not sure if you need metric or not....it should be fairly cheap, and just see which one fits it...

Old 2008-09-03, 23:05
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Funny enough the Guitar Center by my house does not sell truss rod wrenches and I don't know any other music stores that do.
I believe both my Jacksons fit a 5/16 and they're Japanese.
You can take it to a shop and just have them adjust only the neck, you know.

Old 2008-09-04, 21:05
withinexile
New Blood

buy the set of allen wrenches, best idea, then keep the reciept, if they dont fit, or you solve the problem, you can return them

Old 2008-09-05, 01:42
chainsaw666
New Blood

Thanks Folks

I was trying to avoid getting the wrong ones, but that last idea sounds the best...lol.. It's easy enough getting Hex wrenches (allen keys) but getting the box socket is difficult. I'll hit B&Q tomorrow and we'll see if I can sort it. Thanks so much for the responses I'll let you know what size the damn thing is so someone else can benefit.

cheers
chris