MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2008-09-02, 10:17
Leonidas
New Blood

HOLY MARTYR (Italian epic metal band)

Holy Martyr is an Italian epic metal band. Their first official release was in 2007,but they were many years in the underground. Their music influences are bands like Manowar (early period),Iron Maiden, Omen, Manilla Road and Rainbow. Their lyrics are based in History, Mythology and War.

Their first demo cd was ‘’Hatred and Warlust’’. This release had very good reviews and spread their name in the underground. Lots of fanzines described Holy Martyr as one of the best underground metal bands.

Next release was the ep ‘’Hail to Hellas’’(2003).This release is dedicated to the Battle of Thermopyles and the Spartan warriors. The sound is not the best but the passion of this band and the epic feeling is what really counts.

“Vis Et Honor” (2005) was their next release and this time their inspiration was Ancient Roman Empire and Roman Legionaries.

Next album(and full length cd) was ‘’Still at war’’. A great epic metal release with 8 war hymns of true epic metal. Music that makes you feel you are in a battlefield..Marching rhythm, great melodies, lyrics about War, Glory and a Europe that slowly dies..

Their new release is on 12th September and it’s called ‘’HELLENIC WARRIOR SPIRIT’’.Once again their inspiration is Ancient Greece and the greek warrior spirit. Everyone they are into Epic Metal should check this great Italian band.Bands like Holy Martyr need all of our support.

LINKS
http://www.holy-martyr.com
http://www.myspace.com/hmartyr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nhlm.jpg (73.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 1hellenicwarrriorspiritpaw0.jpg (80.4 KB, 54 views)

Old 2008-09-02, 11:11
Nemesis9
Metalhead

welcome to metaltabs (assuming you haven't just got here to make one advertising post and then leave again)

is it your band? you're post seems like this

anyway, i listend to the beginning of one song. sounds ok, but rather boring (especially the guitars), nothing special. but i also have to admit, that i'm more into heavier stuff (and most people here are, btw).

Old 2008-09-02, 11:50
Leonidas
New Blood

The band has already 2 official sites so i don't really think they need any advertising posts.

It's not my band i just like them a lot and i believe they make very good epic music.Not false bands like Hammerfall.I know them since their first release and i there has been a progress to their sound,step by step.If you listen to their new album you will have the chance to see on your own.They didn't have a suport of any big label and all these years they have been in underground.

I am really surprised that just by listening the...beginning of ONE song like you wrote you find them boring.At least you should try to listen to more than one songs before you post your ''opinion''.

Of course we are talking about a music style and it's normal that some people like it and some others not.If you are into extreme sound and you don't like this kind of metal music i guess it's normal to find them''boring''.I prefer death/thrash/black metal but i grown up with bands like manowar,bathory and omen so i also like a lot epic metal.

There are many fake bands out there so at least those guys write some good music and they are true.IF you know Manilla Road(doesn't matter if you like them or not) you probably know that they are one of the oldest bands in epic metal.Shelton has talked many times with good words about Holy Martyr and i think his opinion worths more than your's or mine.

Last edited by Leonidas : 2008-09-02 at 12:12.

Old 2008-09-02, 12:34
Nemesis9
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas
I am really surprised that just by listening the...beginning of ONE song like you wrote you find them boring.At least you should try to listen to more than one songs before you post your ''opinion''.

i listened to intro, verse and chorus of the song that most people listened to. i'm quite sure now, that i won't fall in love with this band now, so even if you're a big fan, you'll have to respect this. as well, as you have to live with the fact, that i post whatever i want

btw, there are also non-brutal bands i listen to, i appreciate rage for example, the kind of music is not so different from this band, but the riffs are more catchy and interesting imo

Quote:
There are many fake bands out there so at least those guys write some good music and they are true.IF you know Manilla Road(doesn't matter if you like them or not) you probably know that they are one of the oldest bands in epic metal.Shelton has talked many times with good words about Holy Martyr and i think his opinion worths more than your's or mine.

i know manilla road, but actually i don't really care about their opinion (i also wouldn't if they were one of my favourite bands). i don't need shelton or anyone else to tell me what to think about any band

and i can't really get the point of labeling bands as true or fake (don't care about a bands attitude as long as they rock).

anyway, it's cool that you share a new band with out, others might like it more than i do

Old 2008-09-02, 12:47
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis9
i listened to intro, verse and chorus of the song that most people listened to. i'm quite sure now, that i won't fall in love with this band now, so even if you're a big fan, you'll have to respect this. as well, as you have to live with the fact, that i post whatever i want

btw, there are also non-brutal bands i listen to, i appreciate rage for example, the kind of music is not so different from this band, but the riffs are more catchy and interesting imo

i know manilla road, but actually i don't really care about their opinion (i also wouldn't if they were one of my favourite bands). i don't need shelton or anyone else to tell me what to think about any band

and i can't really get the point of labeling bands as true or fake (don't care about a bands attitude as long as they rock).

anyway, it's cool that you share a new band with out, others might like it more than i do

Of course you can post whatever you want mate,but you should also have to accept criticism.

Nobody said that you ''must'' like Holy Martyr or forced you to''fall in love'' with them.It was just a post about a band i like and i wanted to make a review about them because i think it's a very good band.Nothing more than this.

I think you didn't understand(or -maybe- don't want to understand) why i mentioned the opinion of Shelton.I just mentioned it because Manilla Road,either you like them or not, is one of the most important bands in epic heavy metal.You don't have to agree with Shelton's words,but at least the opinion of a man that has given so much to epic heavy metal is important and should have our respect.

After all it's all about what everyone prefer,there is no reason to have any kind of personal argument!I don't know where are you from,but you are welcome to Greece for a beer(s) lol

Old 2008-09-02, 14:55
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Not false bands like Hammerfall.

Let each note I now play!
Be a black arrow of death!
Sent straight to the hearts!
Of all those who play false metal!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2008-09-02, 17:12
Nemesis9
Metalhead

sorry, if i sounded aggressive - didn't meant to
i'm from austria - i've only been to greece once for holidays liked it, though it's definately too hot there in summer

btw, i never really heard someone using the term "epic metal" to define a genre. i always considered bands like this as power metal (or maybe hard rock or nwobhm).

Old 2008-09-02, 17:44
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Let each note I now play!
Be a black arrow of death!
Sent straight to the hearts!
Of all those who play false metal!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The awesome thing about this is that I knew it was Manowar without having heard the song before. It's a special kind of cheese that's always readily identifiable.

Old 2008-09-02, 18:11
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Their lyrics are based in History, Mythology and War.

So their lyrics are about the rise and fall of a once great nation reduced to monopolizing the steel trade?

Old 2008-09-02, 18:21
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
So their lyrics are about the rise and fall of a once great nation reduced to monopolizing the steel trade?

Read them and you will figure out on your own.If you also want to you can tell us what your nation has given to humanity.

Old 2008-09-02, 18:26
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Read them and you will figure out on your own.If you also want to you can tell us what your nation has given to humanity.

Windows, shut your fucking computer off.

Old 2008-09-02, 18:34
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:

If it wasn't european civilization your ''state''wouldn't even exist.Besides being silly and smartass try to argue.If you can even ''think'' of course.

Last edited by Leonidas : 2008-09-02 at 19:06.

Old 2008-09-02, 21:05
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:

hahahahha +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2008-09-03, 00:14
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

that vocalist sounds very inexperienced.

and no offense, but i dont have a clue what you are calling "epic", here. solos? um, they sounded ok, but a solo should enhance a band of this category, not be the ONLY part that is actually worth hearing.

Old 2008-09-03, 09:17
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
that vocalist sounds very inexperienced.

and no offense, but i dont have a clue what you are calling "epic", here. solos? um, they sounded ok, but a solo should enhance a band of this category, not be the ONLY part that is actually worth hearing.

According to YOU solos are the ''only'' part that is actually worth hearing.Songs like AVE ATQUE VALE and ARES GUIDE MY SPEAR sounds absolutely epic.If you listen to all their albums so far you can easily see their influences from Manilla Road,Omen and Manowar.Unless those bands are not epic either.

After all nobody is ''forced'' to like them.This is impossible.And no offense of course,we are just talking

Old 2008-09-03, 11:56
Requiem
Post-whore

According to YOU influences make a band epic.

Old 2008-09-03, 12:18
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:
According to YOU influences make a band epic.

Hahahaha you ar ereally funny.I don't know what's your problem,but you probably feel good just to argue.Go on you make me laugh.You have been ironic since the beginning without any reason.You better find a girl.

I didn't say that influences make a band.But they have influences from epic metal bands they cannot play thrash metal.

Behind a screen everyone can be brave.People like you run like rubbits in real life.

Old 2008-09-03, 14:40
The Execrator
Noob lud

Not impressed. Not epic. And Leonidas, you are a douche. Get your bullshit arguments and attitude out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2008-09-03, 14:52
Leonidas
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Not impressed. Not epic. And Leonidas, you are a douche. Get your bullshit arguments and attitude out of here.

YOUR opinion.You wrote it and that's it.Any other comment is useful.I didn't start any personal argument here.Keep ''douche'' for yourself.For you is a compliment.

Old 2008-09-03, 18:24
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
YOUR opinion.You wrote it and that's it.Any other comment is useful.I didn't start any personal argument here.Keep ''douche'' for yourself.For you is a compliment.

yes, HIS opinion, and it happens to be the same as pretty much everyone elses on here as well. YOU lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2008-09-03, 19:38
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

You all lose.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-09-05, 14:31
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
You all lose.

YOU PLAY FALSE METAL!

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."