MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2008-08-10, 01:01
hail killizm
New Blood

vocals that is recommended to listen!!!

Which vocals in brutal death metal do u think is a must to be listened?? .... Can u recommend any of those?? extremly brutal and powerful!!!

Old 2008-08-10, 07:13
J.V.
New Blood

Nile

Old 2008-08-10, 16:12
hail killizm
New Blood

Is there any specific song?? i know their vocal are great but any single song or album??

Old 2008-08-11, 21:32
7-string warlord
Post-whore

The whole new CD from nile (Ithyphallic) is really cool...if you don't want to run out and buy a CD just type their name in on youtube and watch some videos. I think if you want good powerful vocals you should go no further than Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse. That dude can belt it!

Old 2008-08-12, 23:46
Noiseless
New Blood

Defeated Sanity - Psalms of the Moribund

Seriously.

Oh, and why recommend Ithyphallic? It's easily their weakest release. In Their Darkened Shines is 1000x better. Way more brutal and powerful

Last edited by Noiseless : 2008-08-12 at 23:51.

Old 2008-08-13, 01:36
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiseless

Oh, and why recommend Ithyphallic? It's easily their weakest release. In Their Darkened Shines is 1000x better. Way more brutal and powerful

I'm going on my thinking patterns...IT's hard to find their other stuff unless you shop online....which I don't do, on account of no one in my household having a credit card.

I'm mega far behind the times by the way....I'm the only person in my school without a cell phone...it's weird.

But, I honestly like Ithyphallic. I don't think it is weak at all.

Last edited by 7-string warlord : 2008-08-13 at 01:39.

Old 2008-08-13, 01:59
Noiseless
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
I'm going on my thinking patterns...IT's hard to find their other stuff unless you shop online....which I don't do, on account of no one in my household having a credit card.

I'm mega far behind the times by the way....I'm the only person in my school without a cell phone...it's weird.

But, I honestly like Ithyphallic. I don't think it is weak at all.

Hah, you aren't alone on the cell phone thing. Fuck joining the 21st century .

To each their own, I guess. I can't listen to more than two songs off Ithyphallic without falling asleep. I've never been that big of a Nile fan though, so that could be it.

Old 2008-08-13, 02:06
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiseless
I've never been that big of a Nile fan though, so that could be it.

not a lot of people are anymore....but I can see why there are a billion other bands that are more worthy of a listen....

some cool bands to listen to for good vocals would be...Carcass (Bill Steer is GOD), Exhumed & Devourment (the current line-up is really good)

Old 2008-08-13, 07:02
Noiseless
New Blood

Definitely Devourment... Mike (vocalist) posts on another forum I go to. Pretty cool.
Disgorge and Prostitute Disfigurement are also pretty solid.

Old 2008-08-13, 14:38
hail killizm
New Blood

And what do u guys think about the vocals of corpse grinder on THE WRETCHED SPAWN album???.... cmon how does he sing that fast??... specially on severed head stoning..

Old 2008-08-13, 21:59
Noiseless
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail killizm
And what do u guys think about the vocals of corpse grinder on THE WRETCHED SPAWN album???.... cmon how does he sing that fast??... specially on severed head stoning..

Well, the simple answer is that he is an alien born for death metal. Don't believe me? Look at his neck. Humans don't have kind of neck .

Chris Barnes is still better

Old 2008-08-14, 01:45
hail killizm
New Blood

aghh man i slightly don't agree... Its been 5 yrs i been singing brutal death metal and i've noticed that my neck is also getting to grow a little bigger from normal. and his brutal headroll might have created his that neck.. not sure but i gave my understanding..
And i don't find power in chris barnes vocal. Corpse grinder is way more powerful..

Last edited by hail killizm : 2008-08-16 at 01:07.

Old 2008-08-20, 18:05
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
aghh man i slightly don't agree... Its been 5 yrs i been singing brutal death metal and i've noticed that my neck is also getting to grow a little bigger from normal. and his brutal headroll might have created his that neck.. not sure but i gave my understanding..
And i don't find power in chris barnes vocal. Corpse grinder is way more powerful..

I must be the only person that thinks both of CC's vocalists suck balls. Chris barnes was decent, but only because his vocals fit the music at the time. Frank Mullen however was easily the most brutal vocalist of that time. Corpsegrinders vocals are powerful, but have no pronunciation behind them and it just sounds like a wave of sound, no real words. This would work if CC was on the same level of brutality as bands like Disgorge or Abysmal Torment, but even bands like Gorgasm have way more brutal music and still intelligible vocals. In short, neither of Cannibal Corpses vocalists will ever get a reccomendation from me for examples of good vocals. Try some Suffocation, Origin, Severed Savior or Guttural Secrete for awesome vocals.

Old 2008-08-20, 21:43
Sufferend
New Blood

Prostitute Disfigurement.

Old 2008-08-21, 19:45
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferend
Prostitute Disfigurement.

He has a very unique vocal style and good phrasing on his vocals, but as a whole I think there are better vocals around that don't just do pig vocals all the time.

Old 2008-08-21, 21:57
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
Corpsegrinders vocals are powerful, but have no pronunciation behind them and it just sounds like a wave of sound, no real words.

dude he is probably one the easiest to understand vocalists I've ever heard....

Old 2008-08-22, 00:29
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
dude he is probably one the easiest to understand vocalists I've ever heard....

Only during choruses I'd say. I have an easier understanding Defeated Sanitys vocals than his.

Old 2008-08-22, 01:13
hail killizm
New Blood

MAn at that speed of singing do u even care of pronouncing.... and the vocals of suffocation aren;t that good compared to CC's vocalists....

Old 2008-08-22, 01:57
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Well, I'm thinking of like frantic Disembowelment...it is easy to understand him, and on Kill he is pretty understandable....I think Michael Akerfeldt is easy to understand when he growls as well. but that's not at the level of br00tality we are at right now...

Old 2008-08-26, 02:15
hail killizm
New Blood

Obviously the songs from the albums THE WRETCHED SPAWN and KILL are too brutal maintaining killer speed in his vocals. I still think people now are underestimating corpsegrinder's vocal!!

Last edited by hail killizm : 2008-08-27 at 16:51.

Old 2008-09-04, 16:19
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
MAn at that speed of singing do u even care of pronouncing.... and the vocals of suffocation aren;t that good compared to CC's vocalists....

Dude, Frank Mullen takes a mammoth shit all over either of CC's vocalists hands down. He is way more brutal, a much better writer and has some of the best rhythms in Death Metal. Corpsegrinder sounds like a chihuahua compared to Frank Mullen.

Old 2008-09-05, 16:29
hail killizm
New Blood

Frank mullen???

Old 2010-12-04, 20:07
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Old 2010-12-04, 20:13
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
Dude, Frank Mullen takes a mammoth shit all over either of CC's vocalists hands down. He is way more brutal, a much better writer and has some of the best rhythms in Death Metal. Corpsegrinder sounds like a chihuahua compared to Frank Mullen.

People still listen to Suffocation?