- your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2008-07-31, 12:25
St.Nice Person
New Blood
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21
reverse carpel tunnel?

hi all I've had this strange pain in my hand now for around 2 years it went away for a bit when i stopped playing for a few months but now it's back seen a doctor before and he told me it was rsi but i'm sure it's not. I have alol the symptoms of carpel tunnel numbness, tingling, pain between the elbow and hand but with one difference the numbness is exatly where the symptoms of carpoel tunnel aren't in the hand (my little finger and the other half of my ring finger). been trying to find some rehabilitation exercises but not sure of the name of the problem i should be loking for.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:32
Dyldo's Avatar
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Why the hell are you calling it "reverse" carpel tunnel? Go back to the doctor.
Check my band out:
i'm so bonery
Old 2008-07-31, 15:17
johnmansley's Avatar
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
What is it that makes you doubt a person who has spent 7 years of his or her life studying to be a doctor and who has gathered further experience in practise?

It'll be RSI, given that it went away during the period in which the repetitive action ceased.
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2008-08-01, 00:08
St.Nice Person
New Blood
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21
i thought that as I was writing this post why would i question what this man is saying but he's a dick he told my girlfriend that she needed to change her diet as the reason why she had stomach cramps when actually she needed to change her pill. I asked for some information here as maybe someone has had the same symptoms as me being a guitar forum he may be a doctor but i doubt he specialises in guitar related injuries. I'm sure that rsi is just a broad term describing the type of injury as carpel tunnel itself is caused from repetitive actions itself. I also do plan to go back to the doctor but i wanna be informed as him telling me I have a problem doesn't make it any better, he just told me theres nothing to do why are my taxes playing his wages if thats all his answers are to everyones questions.

Last edited by St.Nice Person : 2008-08-01 at 00:11.
Old 2008-08-04, 05:11
powersofterror's Avatar
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
CTS applies to wrist and forearm pains. Tendinitis usually applies to the top of the forearm (where the hair is). Both of these are forms of RSI. "Reverse carpel tunnel syndrome" is dumb and not a real syndrome.

You've got a muscle inflamation that's not serious. Go to the doctor and get a perscription for a high dose of ibuprofen, no lower than 800mg. Get 1000mg.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.