MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-07-01, 03:16
7-string warlord
Post-whore

coil-tap mishap

ok, I've got an old westone guitar. I've always liked the way the neck pickup sounded on the guitar because I always thought that the bridge sounded really thin and twangy. The guitar has coil tapping but I never really messed with it too much.

anyways I was playing it today and noticed the bridge pickup hummed like a single coil, and when I tried to use the pull switch it didn't change the sound at all.

so does this mean the retard who had this guitar before me wired the pickup to always be in "single coil mode"

OR is that impossible and I'm just being a dumbfuck?

Old 2008-07-01, 08:00
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

What model is it? I'm actually a fan of Westone guitars. I had a Corsair Pro from 91-93 and I actually miss it now. Mine had an extra 3 mini toggle switches for coil splitting and other shit I didn't really understand at the time. I have never found another one ( same model ) since I sold mine.

Let me know what model you got and I should be able to find out how it is wired.

Old 2008-07-05, 22:48
7-string warlord
Post-whore

it's a Spectrum II...the one with 2 humbuckers....

but the bridge pickup was put in by the previous owner....it's an IBZ 2 pickup....assuming it's an Ibanez.

I really like the guitar but I don't have the clamps for the locking nut, I am seriously thinking about converting it to a fixed bridge