MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-06-23, 18:41
metalshred
New Blood

Guitar Rig 3

Anyone else tried/got this? Its amazing, I was having a go on it at my friends. My particular favourite tones on it were ''80's metal lead'' and ''xtreme metal'' (might of named them wrong but they were definately similar if not correct). My question is, does anyone know of any amps which have awesome tones like the ones ive mentioned? Thanks.

Old 2008-06-24, 19:33
Soeru
Post-whore

I tried it, I honestly didn't see any improvement over GR2 save for maybe reduced CPU usage. It probably has the same presets as the old one plus new ones.

IMO GR in general is overrated, I've gotten a lot better sounds for different kinds of music(especially metal) out of Amplitube 2, and it's a lot easier to configure too. You should try the marshall or especially the boogie model with the green overscream pedal in front of it with the input on 0, volume on max and tone up half-way. Impressive as hell(if you have a good sound interface).

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2008-06-24, 21:38
metalshred
New Blood

Any amps in particular I should check out? Them tones I completely prefered to my current setup(Marshall MG and Boss Metal Zone) and really want an amp that will give me that kind of sound.

Old 2008-06-28, 04:45
kleenx
Senior Metalhead

the "matched cabs" in 3 make it better.
i think ampliturd2 does better jack white, and gutterrag3 does better pink floyd.
but overall you need a tube preamp up front to get the j-o-b done.
a pod is cheaper anyhow.