MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-06-20, 00:39
St.Nice Person
New Blood

pickup surrounds

Another question to ask Do pickup surrounds come in a one size fits all or is there slightly different sizes for les pauls and sg type guitars and another for strat style guitars. I can't find any pickup surrounds which don't say something about les pauls. cheers for help in advance.

Old 2008-06-22, 16:48
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Nice Person
Another question to ask Do pickup surrounds come in a one size fits all or is there slightly different sizes for les pauls and sg type guitars and another for strat style guitars. I can't find any pickup surrounds which don't say something about les pauls. cheers for help in advance.

strats and sg's typically have pick guards surrounding the pickups. Les pauls are usually more known for pickup rings. Also, most pickup rings come in a flat bottom format -- to be put on a flat guitar. If you have a carved top guitar, the curve will usually need to be sanded into the pickup rings, so they fight tightly to the body. Sometimes you can find pickup rings that already have curved bottoms, but its tough to find one that curves perfectly to a specific guitar without modifying the rings.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!