MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-06-20, 00:13
St.Nice Person
New Blood

need help with cubase sx3 and dkfh

Hi all looked all over the web and i cannot find the solution to my problem, I cannot find any way of getting toontrack dkfh into cubase, I know that dkfh is installed properly as I've used it in mixcraft (got pissed of with mixcraft because it wouldn't let me change time signatures wherever i wanted required me too have alot more understanding of time signatures than i do and then decided to corrupt my save). Everywhere i've looked i've not seen a single mention of dkfh. I've seen guitar rig 2 appear in it even though i didn't add it how do i get cubase to communicate with dkfh. please help

Old 2008-06-22, 12:46
Soeru
Post-whore

Well what exactly is the problem with it? I assume you're talking about using EZdrummer with the DKFH addon? Or the original DKFH? If you're using the original, you need to use a sequencing thing in Cubase to get it to trigger the drum samples. EZDrummer can do it for you, if you don't have it I suggest you get it with the dkfh addon and forget about the old DKFH, as this one is much easier to use.

To get it started, just open up the VST Instruments menu in cubase(pressing F11 I think) and load up EZdrummer into one of the slots.

Then click Project>New MIDI Track and click that midi track, on the left you'll see the panel with its info/settings. Make sure MIDI In says "all midi inputs" and Outputs says "Ezdrummer". You can then drag and drop the included midi loops onto it the track and they should play back no problem.

To edit tempo and time signature, open the Tempo track editor by pressing Ctrl+T, there you can use the draw tool to raise or lower tempo for whatever parts of the songs you want.

To edit or create your own loop you have to use the Draw tool and draw a block inside the MIDI track you're using, make it as long as you need it to be, then right click that new blank block and click Edit/MIDI > Drum Editor. In that window you can click the blocks to draw your loop. If you're unsure of which note is what piece of the drumkit, just click the midi notes to the left of the window to hear the sample. Then draw in your sequence as desired.

You can also edit the pre-set midi loops that EZD comes with, right clicking the midi blocks you've dragged onto your project just like you would do with a blank midi block.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)