MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-05-18, 03:56
satan's shedder
Metalhead

SD sh-5

Has anyone played a SD custom I was woundering if their any good? W How do they sound?

Old 2008-05-20, 02:46
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's shedder
Has anyone played a SD custom I was woundering if their any good? W How do they sound?

I like em. Very warm sounding for a high gainer. The ceramic magnet makes super clean tones nearly unreachable, but its still good. They're recommended in guitars where a JB will sound too bright. I.E. they go well with ebony fretboards and whatnot.
If you absolutely need super clean clean sounds, get a Custom V, its the same pickup but with an alnico v magnet so its less surgical in its attack, but can get very nice and clean

listen to the clips on the site
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-05-20, 04:17
satan's shedder
Metalhead

so I take it there suitable for death/trash? well they have to be if you say there for guitars a jb would be to bright cuz I know a jb can handle any style just find

Old 2008-05-20, 17:33
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's shedder
so I take it there suitable for death/trash? well they have to be if you say there for guitars a jb would be to bright cuz I know a jb can handle any style just find

definately can do death and thrash/trash/whatever you were trying to say

jb's tend to have a wierd treble spike that people dont like, so they always go for a custom.

QUestion for you though, if you're only playing death/thrash, why not go for something higher gain like an x2n?
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-05-21, 04:24
satan's shedder
Metalhead

Cuz I have other guitars that are loaded with high output PU's so I want to go with something a little lowwer output and more character I guess and I use to have guitar with a JB but now that I am upgrading an old guitar I want something but not so trebbly. LOL trash metal LOL

Old 2008-05-28, 19:41
ShitFlowsInYourVeins
Senior Metalhead

jeff waters from annihilator uses one in his RAN i think. theres a video of it on youtube and it sounds killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
My mother's purple strap-on.